Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    @usmcjdking shout outs for not pouncing on us with those leaps whilst we were fighting around the rock outside of the glademist resource until the numbers evened out to a bit more reasonable. I wasn't ready to intercept that bus :smile:
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just joined this forum so i’m hoping to have some fun discussions here. Last night was a blast fighting tons of DC and EP. My push for emp was so close until ANIMOSITY came to shor and wiped the ad pugs that were pushing. Oh well, better luck next time
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @NBrookus
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like Shor has been in an odd place for the past week or so.

When I first mained Shor in the summer, it was a place where I could find small-to-medium-scale fights with the occasional PVDoor zerg doing its thing. The main problem at that time was a lack of sufficient population to (a) increase the frequency of those small-to-medium-scale fights and (b) provide a counter to whichever faction had the PVDoor zerg. Recently we've seen a pretty significant increase in population -- several of the last few nights have seen two bars across, with EP and DC both going up to three at various points.

But while the PVDoor zerging is mostly gone (and so the campaign's continuing reputation as a dead PVDoor server is just outdated at this point), thus alleviating problem (b), I feel as though problem (a) has gotten worse. While there are still a few small-man groups (mostly on AD), it's gotten harder to find smaller-scale action, since wherever you go one of the zergs (increasingly DC it seems) is bound to show up. This might be good for Josh, AGGRO, Jaysins, BCC, etc., because they're all excellent players who can give a larger group a heII of a time. But as someone who hasn't reached that level of skill yet, my goal all along was to find a place where I could learn to be a better small-to-medium-scale player, and it's not clear that Shor is a great place for that right now, because the influx of players has mostly just led to a greater preponderance of large groups (10+). At least on Vivec, there are enough fights going on at once that you can typically find a smaller group to fight if you look in the right places. But apart from that one time where Brookus and friend Soul Assaulted to me to death on the Nikel porch last night <3 , it's been harder to find that kind of fight in Shor recently.

I'm not saying that the campaign is worse off than it was. That DC/EP raid v. raid fight at Ales farm last night that ended with Campaign Killers or whoever kiting the DC group for like 30 minutes was some great action. But the campaign has become less of the small-scale learning lab that it was for me over the summer and early fall. I guess I just miss that week of 8-10 Requiem vs. 8-10 BCC. I had some great wins, tough losses, and learned so much that week, all without sound bugs or lag. I guess I'm turning into a hipster -- I liked Shor more before it was cool.
    Edited by casparian on November 14, 2017 6:26PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the factions will stop stacking up, we can find room for small scale again.

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

This. It’s up to them to not faction stack, but’s the MO of their style of pvp. But to be fair AD had a pug vivec guild zerging some portion of the map later on. We usually don’t run groups up of 8 that’s are usual cap, but last night the groups were tight and massive. Sure one guild may say we were only 16 but they don’t count the randoms around them or that they have spawns. But to be fair the clumping hurts their map control @casparian try and hit them where they aren’t and split the ball or force them to lose the map. Last night a 20+ man red vivec group had 5 proxies eye of flames, chased us down when we were 5. We dropped a negate ulti bombed them but it was all undone by “earthgore”..... what a carry set. Honesty Earthgore hasn’t brainless made massive groups hard to fight for reasons of “I’m wearing it”. You will face many unwinnable situations out here in the current environment unless you are in groups of equal numbers.
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on November 14, 2017 6:50PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Essentially @casparian sometimes in learning you just have to take the “L” and learn from it haha
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on November 14, 2017 6:49PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running in a mid sized group last night. 10 or less I suppose of Call to Glory who picked me up as a PUG (thanks guys). It stayed around that size for a while with obviously joining up with other guilds on things like scroll runs where its going to attract players, or at home tri-keep being captured but there didn't seem to be an effort to ball up until just about when I left when it looked like EP was starting a destro ult ball group right around the time I saw Campaign Killers come and was taking out players at Aleswell farm. I think that might be where @A_G_G_R_O might be talking about getting bomb grouped on the 5 of them. Thats when I saw DC groups merging.

No idea what happened after that as I had to leave but not much to be too upset about. It's never going to be perfectly balanced between small scale yet not enough players to run into half the time or plenty of players but balled up.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Essentially @casparian sometimes in learning you just have to take the “L” and learn from it haha

I hear that. I'll see what trouble I can stir up away from the bigger groups, and hopefully any mistakes I make will be ones I can learn from.

I love fighting Earthgore users 1v1. They always think it will save them, and it never does >:)
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was only in Shor for maybe about an hour last night, def have A LOT of learning ahead of me thats for sure .... i think @A_G_G_R_O killed me in 2 hits last night lol ... gotta work on keeping shields and defenses up thats for sure ... and prob need a little bit more health
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If someone is using earthgore then they aren't intending to fight 1v1, most likely they're part of a larger group looking for XvX fights and you caught them trying to get back to group. I typically swap my gear in that scenario so I can fight properly while away from group. They should know better than to be solo with that build and it's your duty to teach them that lesson ;)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im right with you on that Casp! ... I'll be spending a good portion of time just wandering around in areas where there aren't battles happening to either find some 1v1's or just to get zergged down, either or is fine with me lol ... best way to learn is to run solo ( from what i've heard )
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @usmcjdking shout outs for not pouncing on us with those leaps whilst we were fighting around the rock outside of the glademist resource until the numbers evened out to a bit more reasonable. I wasn't ready to intercept that bus :smile:

There was non-stop fighting in Shor during primetime and it was absolutely crazy and fun! AD had I think 2 resources on the collective map at the time you mention and it would have been entirely inappropriate for me to jump in and send a group that already lost 2/3rds of it's combat power back to their gate without giving them the opportunity to win.

Outside of EP being at 2 bars but mystically having more numbers than the 2 bar DC/AD population combined, was a ton of fun.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    i was only in Shor for maybe about an hour last night, def have A LOT of learning ahead of me thats for sure .... i think @A_G_G_R_O killed me in 2 hits last night lol ... gotta work on keeping shields and defenses up thats for sure ... and prob need a little bit more health

Yeah there were a few times where I was potato attacking (re: heavy restoing) and got rofl'd by 2 DB's a leap and an incap. Their group is good and hugely spontaneous which is a HUGE resource drain for even experienced players because they all hit like dumptrucks and getting caught off guard = probably getting two shot. Much more refreshing to fight than having to do the square dance vs the destro blobs which I can imagine also makes for more interesting fights for them.
    Edited by usmcjdking on November 14, 2017 7:13PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Requiem had a group of 14 total until right where @technohic described the effort to join up and repel a combined EP front of <Darkest Requiem> <Priase the Sun> (intentionally spelled incorrectly?) and <Dreadlords> with zone pugs in tow.

After that, we grabbed friends of friends, zone pugs, and <Call to Glory> merged with us shooting us up to 21 players.

I can most definitely peel off from the inner keeps or steer away from other large guild groups and thats something I need to learn as a raid leader. I have never consistently run 15+ groups. In a way, I dont really know how.

There is a huge learning curve as a raid lead. And I try and make requiem a little more than a zerg ball. But this is all uncharted territory for me.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    question for all the vet cp pvp players in here .... is being vamp worth it in cp pvp? ive noticed a lot more db's in vet cp and damn do they hurt

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    A tip of the hat as well to ANIMOSITY who showed up to keep some AD population in check, including myself haha
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    question for all the vet cp pvp players in here .... is being vamp worth it in cp pvp? ive noticed a lot more db's in vet cp and damn do they hurt

Sometimes. If you are doing a lot of kiting, then vamp is pretty much best due to Mist. If you're doing more manfighting then I would suggest against vamp. Brawling with vamp is very dangerous as you can be be utterly deleted by a well built Dawnbreaker.
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    A great way to get better at your class is duels. Whether it be stormhaven or jumping in cyrodiil to try and get someone to 1v1 you. My @name is Jaysins and if I'm not in cyrodiil will usually be down for some sparring. Also, try and join a good group of players. I get lots of great tips and ideas on refining my build and playstyle from others, especially my fellow campaign killers, as there is so many variables in this game that having a community around you is very helpful. @usmcjdking A bus is a good name for that character as that's what it felt like I was getting hit by.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

Sometimes. If you are doing a lot of kiting, then vamp is pretty much best due to Mist. If you're doing more manfighting then I would suggest against vamp. Brawling with vamp is very dangerous as you can be be utterly deleted by a well built Dawnbreaker.

ah yeah, i've been vamp for mainly the extra mag regen ... but i love getting up face to face when fighting , and a lot of the times i leap in the middle of a zerg lol
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on November 14, 2017 7:19PM

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @usmcjdking and thank you, ill have to do a test with vamp cured ... got a long ways to go before i figure out completely what im doing with my mDK

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭

IDK if your a mag DK id argue it is one of your only source of snare removal and major expedition.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This. It’s up to them to not faction stack, but’s the MO of their style of pvp. But to be fair AD had a pug vivec guild zerging some portion of the map later on. We usually don’t run groups up of 8 that’s are usual cap, but last night the groups were tight and massive.

TBF, DC is starting to run larger and larger stacks in response to EP's zergs... and round it goes. When AD has a full complement of small guilds on, we do quite well on map control. Unfortunately both zergs then roll downhill on AD since that's the easier move, plus the handful of DC small groups also prey on AD pugs since it's unlikely a 30+ man group will show up at their resource.

Sometimes there's an AD zerg as part of Monday Emp Madness, but they never stay long.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IDK if your a mag DK id argue it is one of your only source of snare removal and major expedition.

yeah, its my mDK that i have vamp on that will be in Shor

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, its my mDK that i have vamp on that will be in Shor

I’d like to not run it on my Magplar but I think I’d have to run speed pots and could make use of extended ritual. Don’t know how to manage on DK like that.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny thing is,..... with how long ive had vamp on him ( prpbably about a year ) i still havent gotten mist form to be able to morphed to elusive lol ( rarely ever use it )
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on November 14, 2017 7:44PM

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh.... another noob question .... in cp pvp is there a big difference between purple and gold gear?

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides weapons, it's not a huge difference.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TBF, DC is starting to run larger and larger stacks in response to EP's zergs... and round it goes.

The only faction stack ive witness was in response to EP groups but it was confined to Aleswell Farm. Seriously that was it.

PUGz runs a lot bigger than you had listed in your list of Shor guilds w/ sunday night them having 22 whereas Requiem had 11
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

TBF, DC is starting to run larger and larger stacks in response to EP's zergs... and round it goes.

The only faction stack ive witness was in response to EP groups but it was confined to Aleswell Farm. Seriously that was it.

PUGz runs a lot bigger than you had listed in your list of Shor guilds w/ sunday night them having 22 whereas Requiem had 11

Sunday was some PUGz plus randoms from zone. Last night there were 7 in group from 7 to 10 pm EST.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all