Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry folks. I guess Sotha came to town. I had been planning on homing Shor too, but we'll see how that turns out. If it's anything like the current Sotha cycle then I'll probably just keep guesting in Vivec.

I really don't get the ego in this game.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Sorry folks. I guess Sotha came to town. I had been planning on homing Shor too, but we'll see how that turns out. If it's anything like the current Sotha cycle then I'll probably just keep guesting in Vivec.

I really don't get the ego in this game.

Yup. I had decided to come to Shor as well but after reading these comments it just doesnt sound like a place i want to be.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor has lately been a pretty civil place. (Well aside from killing each other.)

Whether you like map play or like to win by score or tower farm, we're all here to kill some *** and have fun doing it.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adenoma

please dont be discouraged. Shor needs a solid medium scale AD presence - it would go a long way for the campaign. Add a lot of credibility too.

Guys just ignore the dude. Like seriously. He types with a grin. nothing is serious for him. there is a legitimate social detachment involved here with that guy and anyone in this game. Everything he says is scripted. just move on. Shor is on the upswing. It just needs more AD and maybe one more consistent DC guild.

and last night, right at 10:20PM EST we encountered a group of 11 AD pushing the southeast of the map while EP turtled into their last keep of Chalman. If they had logged on sooner, there would have been some really interesting map dynamics.
    Edited by Rickter on November 8, 2017 4:37PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , I'm coming to Shor no matter what. If the PvP stinks I'll just do what I do right now with Sotha. Mostly, I'm just hurting for PvP that is either good or has a bearable amount of lag.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's good to hear @Adenoma we have a really strong opportunity right now to build a great community. We cant expect everyone to play along, but mutual respect goes a long way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: <Requiem> members will not hate whisper, teabag, or play underhanded or dirty. You have my absolute word on that. We have an extensive Code of Conduct that I take very seriously which is outlined here: www.esorequiem.us/codeofconduct

We arent the most elite or competitive PvP group but we're all there to have fun and PvP at the core of what PvP is. I am open to GvG events at remote keeps, simply message me in game any time between 7:30PM-10:30PM EST Sun-Thurs.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 8, 2017 7:03PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Nightblader would add a much needed AD presence and go a long way in balancing the campaign.

Nooo you know who we are now. But yeah, like we have been, we'll be wherever the fight is that night, Sotha or Shor. Both are inconsistent enough that it's not really feasible for us to park in one campaign 100% of the time. For the past month our runs have been roughly split between Sotha, Shor, and Vivec.ppt.

If I/we had more time to run consistently, I'd probably commit to a single server again, get committed to pushing campaign score, etc. etc.--but with 2-3 PvP nights a week (and smaller groups hopping up whenever), I can't ask people to tough out campaign commitments that hypothetically suck the fun out of half of our PvP nights.

Edited by DeadlyRecluse on November 8, 2017 6:41PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly, your typos offend me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've removed quite a few posts for flaming and unneeded back and forth, content which is against the Forum Rules. Let's try and keep this thread on track and to leave the PvP in Cyrodiil. Any further disruptions will only lead to action on one's own account.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the other shor thread went 17 pages and this one 4 without moderator action. what a shame.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    the other shor thread went 17 pages and this one 4 without moderator action. what a shame.

We are all to blame. We need to calm down a little and avoid throwing personal non-constructive insults and jabs. Unfortunately any post/reply quoting a post that broke forum rules was deleted as well. So let me repeat something's I'm sure weren't breaking them.
    You said you were open to Guild v Guild events, I'm open to anything as small as a 3v3 all the way up to 6v6 as those are my usual group numbers.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on November 8, 2017 7:47PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    lol

:wink:
    Edited by Joshlenoir on November 8, 2017 8:12PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoa hey grats @NBrookus on emperor of shor!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By far the most fun i have had in Cyrodiil in a long time tonight.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    whoa hey grats @NBrookus on emperor of shor!

Thanks! Wasn't planned; it just kind of happened. Kinda hoped to have a little more fun as emp before the giant EP zerg logged on and FPS dropped to zero. :D
    Edited by NBrookus on November 9, 2017 3:33AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Agreed!! so many EP!! We won so many fights we shouldnt have. Was very proud of <Requiem> and <Pugz of Daggerfall> for working together and achieving what we did. Thanks for the assist and coming over to the server!
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Thanks! Wasn't planned; it just kind of happened. Kinda hoped to have a little more fun as emp before the giant EP zerg logged on and FPS dropped to zero. :D

Yeah i wish you had too, we went for Ash for the home keep and when we capped it, you dethroned and we were like "whoa was that the last keep for real?"
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed!! so many EP!! We won so many fights we shouldnt have. Was very proud of <Requiem> and <Pugz of Daggerfall> for working together and achieving what we did. Thanks for the assist and coming over to the server!

Yeah i wish you had too, we went for Ash for the home keep and when we capped it, you dethroned and we were like "whoa was that the last keep for real?"

Pretty sure we will be back. We all had an amazing time. Too many Dawnbreakers though. Lol
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure we will be back. We all had an amazing time. Too many Dawnbreakers though. Lol

better than too many siege ;)
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

better than too many siege ;)

Agreed. People are totally willing to fight here and there are some VERY good players that we learned valuable lessons from.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Getting zerged was a given, I was more frustrated at the performance issues. I couldn't even target anyone. Shor has been a haven for lag-free fights, but when the destro ults and earthgores roll into a keep and it might as well be a Vivec slide show.
    Agreed!! so many EP!!

No, no, I was assured there was only 12 EP in that group. ;)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there were several comments of "what is this, Vivec??!" in zone chat last night. it was zergy.

and yeah my miat's picked up 21 EP in one instance, and there were more coming down the hill (BRK rss, the one that @Lord_Hev solo'd 4-5 EP on then we shamefully zerged him down at)

But again: it was wednesday and we know the wolves @Chrlynsch go on the prowl.

Speaking of, Caius, can you provide approx raid times on wed for your group, please?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Glad I could find where all the Blues and Reds were hiding and "small scaling" at. Hope you guys brought a stack of 200 soul gems with you into cyro, I know you cannot afford forward camps.

:smiley:
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been on Shor or in-game for a while; sounds like I'm missing all the fun. My job is OP and needs a serious nerf. :'(
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We miss you @casparian !! Say hello in discord some time!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Just started PvPing more on Shor over from Sotha. Had a great time teaching EP and DC the value of quality over quantity with my small group the other day. I'm actually so far impressed with some of the AD players on the server. Seems like a higher than average skill level from what I've seen on Sotha and Vivec. So thank you to AD for the PvP competence I've seen so far and fighting outnumbered, and thank you DC and EP for some insane AP gains. I somehow hit seventh with only minimal playing over the last few days. The rest of my group is coming over soon and we'll make AD great again. Should be fun.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaysins wrote: »
    Just started PvPing more on Shor over from Sotha. Had a great time teaching EP and DC the value of quality over quantity with my small group the other day. I'm actually so far impressed with some of the AD players on the server. Seems like a higher than average skill level from what I've seen on Sotha and Vivec. So thank you to AD for the PvP competence I've seen so far and fighting outnumbered, and thank you DC and EP for some insane AP gains. I somehow hit seventh with only minimal playing over the last few days. The rest of my group is coming over soon and we'll make AD great again. Should be fun.

To be fair as DC I hit top 40 last night in under 2 hours of play time. So as far as the insane AP gains go, the same could be said for all alliances. Seems like you may have fired an unnecessary shot there.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    What unnecessary shot are we talking about? I'm thanking my faction for their efforts and for DC and EP for helping me gain AP. Cheeky bantering between factions has been apart of every PvP game I've ever played. We are competing against one another after all.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Adenoma, @DeadlyRecluse see you both in shor my friends ... i look forward to once again fighting against you both!
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaysins wrote: »
    What unnecessary shot are we talking about? I'm thanking my faction for their efforts and for DC and EP for helping me gain AP. Cheeky bantering between factions has been apart of every PvP game I've ever played. We are competing against one another after all.

Very true. For some reason I read that in a certain tone of voice. Lol. My apologies.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all