Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Rickter on February 28th.

"butthurt he had to cancel his north africa trip for his honeymoon (lol)"

So you're right. You've never wished bad things on me, you've just celebrated them.

right but you said i WISHED bad upon you. thats what you said, and it wasnt true. period. you lied. cant back track now.

That might not be entirely true, come Summerset update I hear there is in fact a way to back track via the Psijic ultimate. Just finished bursting down that annoying magplar tank or permablocking mag dk? ZOS says screw you, that person can now hit their ulti and reset the fight. YAY!!!

They’ll be out of ultimate though. I don’t think it will be much different than a healing ultimate now.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

So you're right. You've never wished bad things on me, you've just celebrated them.

right but you said i WISHED bad upon you. thats what you said, and it wasnt true. period. you lied. cant back track now.

That might not be entirely true, come Summerset update I hear there is in fact a way to back track via the Psijic ultimate. Just finished bursting down that annoying magplar tank or permablocking mag dk? ZOS says screw you, that person can now hit their ulti and reset the fight. YAY!!!

They’ll be out of ultimate though. I don’t think it will be much different than a healing ultimate now.

But have we thought about morphs? What if ZOS introduces a multi target/group morph, obviously too early to speculate but I wouldn't put it past them.
    Edited by Vapirko on March 22, 2018 1:12AM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know man. Seems like a normal forum conversation to me. I mean you could start a thread titled "I hope you all have a wonderful day" and somebody will start a discussion about why they disagree with the title.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We are ALL stamblades on this glorious day!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s fun to read this as an NA outsider who doesn’t PvP there (yet). I suggest going to a private room and sort things out. Or is Shor that intimate already?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    We had to remove several posts for being argumentative and naming and shaming. We ask that in the future when making a post that you be sure to make it constructive and within our Community Rules. If this type of behavior continues in this thread it may be closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Or is Shor that intimate already?

Just a very vocal minority

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good fights tonight in shor

It’s a shame the EP Zerg kept adding on to all our fights:

Need to find better ways of getting away from them...
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed reading the sub assault comments from the 20th. I agree. What kind of monster would make a group that focuses on wardens for their DPS?! Must be total losers imo.

I actually called for a sub assault nerf a looong time ago but everyone told me to learn to play:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374883/subterranean-assault-overperforming
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way to balance it, is give it the Viper treatment. Same damage, but over ~4 seconds.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette , I disagree. That opens up some terrifying build options.

@Thogard , I'll take this moment to say I was definitely wrong on sub assault. I think we just need to adjust the damage as a percentage change like they did with incap. If they do that they're going to need to adjust the warden kit a bit because their dps is going to be horrible.
    Edited by Adenoma on March 23, 2018 1:15PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette , I disagree. That opens up some terrifying build options.

As a non warden fighting a warden I much rather sub assault do the same amount of damage but over the course of four seconds than 100% the damage on impact. Way easier to combat DoTs than burst, especially the sub assault + DBoS combo.
    If they do that they're going to need to adjust the warden kit a bit because their dps is going to be horrible.

At least you have class offensive abilities, try being a StamSorc pigeon holed into only using weapon abilities.
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on March 23, 2018 1:24PM
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably would be best served to not have a defense that gives major heroism self sustaining. Major Heroism should also not have so much up time.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way to balance it, is give it the Viper treatment. Same damage, but over ~4 seconds.

That would make wardens pretty trash. Their burst is strong but it’s less potent than stamblade burst though it serves more utility purpose and is more easily avoided. You could tone down subassault but making it a dot would be making it worthless, similar to viper.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would make wardens pretty trash. Their burst is strong but it’s less potent than stamblade burst though it serves more utility purpose and is more easily avoided. You could tone down subassault but making it a dot would be making it worthless, similar to viper.

Agreed, if the burst from Sub Assault was all the Warden had going for it. But it isn't. Sub Assault alone hits multiple people, giving those targets Major Fracture & Major Breach.

Access to Major Expedition & Minor Berserk via their class kit

Extremely fast Ulti build through their class kit

Multiple Stamina heals through their class kit

I'll agree if you nerf Sub Assault too hard, the StamDen burst potential takes a hit pretty good. However, they're class kit gives them a lot of access to various things that doesn't force them to take specific weapons. Ultimately I wish more classes had access to this via their class, rather than having to take very specific weapons or sets. Going from my StamSorc to my StamDen I feel like my options on viable builds is greatly increased.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% serious that changing it to a DOT would not be good. Just lower the burst and compensate them PvE-wise.
  • MrCommunity
    it would be hard to balance the warden for PVP while trying to keep them relevant for PVE. at the current moment for PVE wardens are trash, and sub assault is the only class damaging ability used.
    I would accept a Sub assault nerf if they reworked the bear ulti to replicate the selene's proc, and not have to be double barred.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, if the burst from Sub Assault was all the Warden had going for it. But it isn't. Sub Assault alone hits multiple people, giving those targets Major Fracture & Major Breach.

I'll agree if you nerf Sub Assault too hard, the StamDen burst potential takes a hit pretty good. However, they're class kit gives them a lot of access to various things that doesn't force them to take specific weapons. Ultimately I wish more classes had access to this via their class, rather than having to take very specific weapons or sets. Going from my StamSorc to my StamDen I feel like my options on viable builds is greatly increased.

Agreed, I went to stam den from stam sorc also. But this is a good thing, and stam sorc should have the same options not remove them from warden.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be hard to balance the warden for PVP while trying to keep them relevant for PVE.

Yup, and there lies the problem unfortunately.

Back to the topic at hand, Shor. Anyone else feel like the last week and a half the population, and relevant fighting has dramatically increased? I've only been in this campaign for maybe two months, but it seems like the campaign has really been picking up lately.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Fun fights everywhere. Last night was rad!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, I went to stam den from stam sorc also. But this is a good thing, and stam sorc should have the same options not remove them from warden.

I actually don’t run wings (maj expedition / minor berserk) or spores (the spammable Stam heal).

The only warden heals I use are trees - which I really don’t use that often - and green lotus, which heals for ~500 in PvP on light attacks but 2.5k on heavies. Usually by weaving heavies in I get lots of extra healing and if I ever need a spam heal I can use trees.

Beetles is OP with DBoS. Nerfing shimmering shield so that it gives minor heroism instead of major (or increasing the cost) would make it harder for wardens to use DBoS... we’d also have to heal more with trees if the mag cost for shim shield went up, which means less dawnbreakers.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was some big fights tonight. Actually had a couple times where I thought I was DBOSing and jabbing 2 guys but then wind up with 7 others suddenly load in. Dont think they could see me either.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    was some big fights tonight. Actually had a couple times where I thought I was DBOSing and jabbing 2 guys but then wind up with 7 others suddenly load in. Dont think they could see me either.

Still kind of mind boggling that zos let’s their game run this way.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's encouraging to see Shor with significantly more population recently, but there is one thing I don't understand:

Why does the map feel so empty even when AD, EP, and DC are 3 bars or poplocked?

Sometimes I wonder if they're stacking in ball groups and targeting a single keep, or the population count is actually inflated. I've checked IC during those times, and barely found anyone.

Can someone explain this phenomenon?
    Edited by StaticWave on March 24, 2018 12:54PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    It's encouraging to see Shor with significantly more population recently, but there is one thing I don't understand:

Why does the map feel so empty even when AD, EP, and DC are 3 bars or poplocked?

Sometimes I wonder if they're stacking in ball groups and targeting a single keep, or the population count is actually inflated. I've checked IC during those times, and barely found anyone.

Can someone explain this phenomenon?

IC farmers maybe, who come to the emptier campaign to zerg it. But it’s more than likely that the pop counter isn’t accurate.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StaticWave , I think it's mostly because there are large groups that go to IC. This morning when AD dethroned there were allegedly two bar EP and I didn't even manage to see more than three or four when I went to the last emp keep expecting a good fight.

That's like right now where there are two bar DC and you definitely are feeling it - at Roe we just had a really fun defense where there were maybe 5-6 AD total, but apparently we also have two bars of pop, and somewhere around 12-18 DC.

The whole phenomenon really makes it swingy when people are pushing for emp. I kinda wish that mechanic was removed in this campaign so we just played for good fights, but I think that'd kill the campaign more than anything unless they substantially overhauled campaign rewards.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There also is a lot of faction stacking in spots. Was in a large group myself last night and there was a ton of EP at Glade seemed all DC kept fighting. We went around to Bleakers and Ales at the same time to cut them off and didnt have a lot of resistence. Then came back to Glade to where there was a ton of EP. Probably a bit better organized than us so we actually seemed to do better splitting up and getting them to trail us away from the keep to get them spread a little thinner and away from any camps so we hoped. Seemed to work even though our smaller group that was sent to siege on a different side got whiped. We won the larger battle and were finally able to take siege the keep with resistance gone.

Its not quite the small scale stuff that made this campaign fun for a while; but it was also fun. Only not fun part was when my large group wanted to try to chase people kiting around towers. Cant really talk them out of it when the smaller group keeps wanting to hit a home keep that has a scroll.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, there's awesome small scale fighting during the day.
  • inkorporated
    inkorporated
    ✭✭
    Hello all just made my forum account couple days ago. Member of Requiem. I have a sort of troll pvp guild <PvP FuN Train> I noticed yesterday a similar AD guild. Just wanted to give a shout out to the AD who made <PvP FUNNER Train> and went and took and claimed rayles which is what I normally claim. Imitation is the highest form of Flattery.