Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Honestly, there's awesome small scale fighting during the day.

Only time I find myself having fun on Shor, outside of bombing the door-stacking emp push groups in primetime.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been duoing on AD with a friend in shor this past week or so. We've found a ton of fun fights. We seem to run into a lot of different sized groups, like some really good small scale and medium sized groups and then some large raids. Much more fun at primetime than vivec mostly due to performance, but also due to the variety of types of fights we run into. Vivec seems more zerg or nothing than shor at primetime rn.
    PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TBois I think we ran into you guys a couple times last night. Good fights man. I cant pinpoint anything in particular, it was pretty chaotic but honestly, overall, we had some of the BEST battles on Shor last night.

Specifically around Black Boot Resources, and BRK. Three way fights the whole nine yards. It was a bit more of a ride for us, but well worth it. kept us away from the 24+ man AD Emperor zerg, and we were fighting groups of 6-18 in the aforementioned locations.

@inkorporated good to see ya buddy! you can help me pack em up on the forums :lol:
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @inkorporated You can turn Rickter's 1vX forum play into a 2vX situation :lol:
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    @inkorporated You can turn Rickter's 1vX forum play into a 2vX situation :lol:

duo partners? smexy
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter Yeah we were at that brk fight at the lumbermill, and i think we saw y'all elsewhere too but can't quite remember. Definitely some good fights last night. I'm hoping I can get on tonight again for some similar action
    PC/NA
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    @Rickter Yeah we were at that brk fight at the lumbermill, and i think we saw y'all elsewhere too but can't quite remember. Definitely some good fights last night. I'm hoping I can get on tonight again for some similar action

lets make it a date cuz Shor Primetime is Best Time
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grimlok_S , always fun running into you. I agree that the fights are so much better during the day, but I've been lucky enough to have a schedule that allows me to play during that time.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Specifically around Black Boot Resources, and BRK. Three way fights the whole nine yards. It was a bit more of a ride for us, but well worth it. kept us away from the 24+ man AD Emperor zerg, and we were fighting groups of 6-18 in the aforementioned locations.

BB resource fights were indeed pretty good last night!
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette - as you know, we tried the same stunt tonight. Had some good fights. Personally i feel like the night before we had better fights but last night i made almost 200k AP and im not sure how that worked out. .

Honestly, we're just trying to get away from the massive <Shogunate> zerg. and straight up, Thelon/smiff's group is too stronk for us. EP was this weird mix of no-shows then BOOM ZERG! then no-shows again.

makes Shor a really polarizing map.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I ran with a fantasia grp last night in shor, but I don't think the campaign can support those types of grps without others of their kind to fight. We had a fun fight with a scroll bit that was the only time we were able to find all the pop locked reds.
    PC/NA
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned to subtract 1-2 bars from any EP pop I see. It's a mystery how EP can have such a high pop and I just run into the same 5-10 people again and again.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I ran with a fantasia grp last night in shor, but I don't think the campaign can support those types of grps without others of their kind to fight. We had a fun fight with a scroll bit that was the only time we were able to find all the pop locked reds.

well. . . See there's some history to that, I think. For a long time - like since Shor's inception, AD was the most under represented faction on the campaign. It was a small scalers paradise. The only times youd see an organized AD group was when KS was in full 8 man raid mode, or DeadlyRecluse had a group. Then there was the occasional TM stomp the yard team.

That was it. Then that all changed. a band of DC faction, popular streamers, teamed up and mounted a strong offensive that lasted about 4 weeks and was brutal to EP and AD. Much animosity was born from that short period of time. Please reference:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4909340/#Comment_4909340

What we saw was traditional EP domination was thwarted and they fizzled out. We hardly see them anymore. Maybe that was the whole point /shurg

But AD on the other hand, grew in numbers, organization, and went toe to toe with the aforementioned DC conglomerate.

Now, those same streamers, have had their fun and abandoned Shor, leaving it's natives fending for themselves as per th usual. Pugs not even in group, just going to where ever zone chat reports an enemy push. Requiem fielding less than 10 and doing what we can to instigate fights off of the inner ring, but standing vigilant nonetheless.

TL;DR: no, Shor in its current state cannot support the AD numbers that are here for whatever reason. You've got Smiff/Thelon leading a tight 10 man taking full advantage of the new stamden shalk+db+steel nado boom-shakalacka, and Shogunate running near 30 if not more.

EDIT: I just want to add that last night during primetime, AD took all DC home keeps. DC didnt have emperor OR scrolls, and in fact only had Aleswell in the inner ring. Then DC defends the DC home keeps but AD caps them back, but not only that, EP of all people cap warden, and AD goes and recaps it!! LOL

So im looking at the map at 10:30PM EST and i see EP having BRK and Chalman, AD having Alessia, Roebeck, Nikel, Ash and Bleakers and AD and EP are sharing DC home keeps. :lol:

Edited by Rickter on March 29, 2018 6:28PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭

well. . . See there's some history to that, I think. For a long time - like since Shor's inception, AD was the most under represented faction on the campaign. It was a small scalers paradise. The only times youd see an organized AD group was when KS was in full 8 man raid mode, or DeadlyRecluse had a group. Then there was the occasional TM stomp the yard team.

That was it. Then that all changed. a band of DC faction, popular streamers, teamed up and mounted a strong offensive that lasted about 4 weeks and was brutal to EP and AD. Much animosity was born from that short period of time. Please reference:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4909340/#Comment_4909340

What we saw was traditional EP domination was thwarted and they fizzled out. We hardly see them anymore. Maybe that was the whole point /shurg

But AD on the other hand, grew in numbers, organization, and went toe to toe with the aforementioned DC conglomerate.

Now, those same streamers, have had their fun and abandoned Shor, leaving it's natives fending for themselves as per th usual. Pugs not even in group, just going to where ever zone chat reports an enemy push. Requiem fielding less than 10 and doing what we can to instigate fights off of the inner ring, but standing vigilant nonetheless.

TL;DR: no, Shor in its current state cannot support the AD numbers that are here for whatever reason. You've got Smiff/Thelon leading a tight 10 man taking full advantage of the new stamden shalk+db+steel nado boom-shakalacka, and Shogunate running near 30 if not more.

EDIT: I just want to add that last night during primetime, AD took all DC home keeps. DC didnt have emperor OR scrolls, and in fact only had Aleswell in the inner ring. Then DC defends the DC home keeps but AD caps them back, but not only that, EP of all people cap warden, and AD goes and recaps it!! LOL

So im looking at the map at 10:30PM EST and i see EP having BRK and Chalman, AD having Alessia, Roebeck, Nikel, Ash and Bleakers and AD and EP are sharing DC home keeps. :lol:

And yet, EP is still leading in points somehow
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tzayad wrote: »

And yet, EP is still leading in points somehow

RIGHT??!!?! HOW?!?!?! like, i noticed that last week, they are nowhere to be found but continue to lead in campaign scoring!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Servers change and you can adapt or forum PvP, I guess.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grimlok_S , always fun running into you. I agree that the fights are so much better during the day, but I've been lucky enough to have a schedule that allows me to play during that time.

Back at ya. I like those smaller engagements.
    Funny seeing you successfully solo defend an entire keep for sure
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ep night wash still happens, as best I can tell. I got on earlier one day this week and saw an AD emp ring but EP held DC's trikeeps, as well as all the outer objectives.

I also think I found the 2-3 bars of EP ninja pop, there were 3 or 4 groups of EP running around IC topside, 8 or more in each group, frantically trying to beat one another to the bosses as they spawned, lol.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    The ep night wash still happens, as best I can tell. I got on earlier one day this week and saw an AD emp ring but EP held DC's trikeeps, as well as all the outer objectives.

I also think I found the 2-3 bars of EP ninja pop, there were 3 or 4 groups of EP running around IC topside, 8 or more in each group, frantically trying to beat one another to the bosses as they spawned, lol.

It was AD nightwash today.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grimlok_S , it's weird. Sometimes you'll hit groups from behind and they just pretend like you aren't there. Four or five days ago I solo defended a keep and wiped something like a 9-12 man group and literally got 4-5 kills before they even attacked me. Not sure what planet those guys were on, but I guess it was nice.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grimlok_S , it's weird. Sometimes you'll hit groups from behind and they just pretend like you aren't there. Four or five days ago I solo defended a keep and wiped something like a 9-12 man group and literally got 4-5 kills before they even attacked me. Not sure what planet those guys were on, but I guess it was nice.

Probably the slackers trying desperately to get to crown. Stack on crown, stack on flag!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a guy once somewhere with the name "Stacks-on-Clown." Loved it. Up there with "Jesus Take the Heal" for a magplar.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was an Orc named Balza Danglin just after launch. Pretty funny.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in for guild night tonight. Been bored otherwise so haven’t logged in much. Took my magblade to change it up even though pretty bad with it. Still was bored. How do you guys do this every night?
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a Wyress Waldo in PvP the other night and I thought that was the smartest name I had seen in a long time.,
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @technohic , I don't always.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @technohic i think youve been on shor long enough to know its ebb and flow. Not every night is going to be heavily populated. But criticising it on the second day of the jester festival is rather misrepresentative. Multiple communities as well as my own guild have players enthusiastically Taking advantage of the double xp weekend.

With that being said, you have so many options available to you in regards to pvp:

BGs - solo i admit isnt that fun, but im on your friendslist, if you ever see me online, just shoot me a tell

IC - district questlines and key frag/telvar farming is still popular if not more popular than ever

Switching campaigns - i never do this but others swear its something that changes up the scenery and keeps things fresh

Pushing fights - shor sometimes needs to be coaxed into action. This past week, as both corvette and tbois have attested, ive rode all the way to black boot and capped resources until a full fledged battle occured usually netting the group upwards of 50k ap when its all said and done and were pushed away. This is an action ive seen the aforementioned people employ as early as thursday as well. Its a bit tedious, but it gets the job done.

Ultimately, i have a very limited amount of time to play in the evenings as i suspect a lot of people with careers and family do. So i try and make the best of it. With that being said, ever since shor went live, ive 95% of the time always hit my 100-150k ap nightly total in the 2-2 1/2 hour time span. No thats not stellar, i know, but its the best we do with what weve got and were content.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter Its not about Shor. It could be any campaign. Think Im just getting a bit burnt out and should take a break in general but have been kind of pushing to get a double XP chance to try to catch up on some CP. Ironic thing is, with how short they have this one and over a holiday weekend, I probably wont make much ground.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    @Rickter Its not about Shor. It could be any campaign. Think Im just getting a bit burnt out and should take a break in general but have been kind of pushing to get a double XP chance to try to catch up on some CP. Ironic thing is, with how short they have this one and over a holiday weekend, I probably wont make much ground.

Next weekend is the anniversary event. So double xp again :)

And yeah if its pvp in general, thats a sign of burn out. For 3 years i played a pve oriented tanky magdk. It had its place in our pvp groups but i was never really satisfied as a talons/fossilize/guard/barrier bot. But its literally all i knew. In 2017 i made the switch to stamina and at the competitive level, its a whole new world. Ive changed my build 9 times this past year always trying to find good combinations and testing them. Gotten my ass beat plenty in between too :sweat_smile:

Idk how to cure the burn out. Ive seen it so many times in so many people and have experienced it in several mmos myself but for me at least eso has that magic that keeps me coming back
    Edited by Rickter on March 31, 2018 2:28PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pushing fights - shor sometimes needs to be coaxed into action. This past week, as both corvette and tbois have attested, ive rode all the way to black boot and capped resources until a full fledged battle occured usually netting the group upwards of 50k ap when its all said and done and were pushed away. This is an action ive seen the aforementioned people employ as early as thursday as well. Its a bit tedious, but it gets the job done.

Shor is a funny campaign. Sometimes there is a lot of action going on, and other times it is really dead despite the population bars saying otherwise. Sometimes the PUGs just need a little nudging. Several days ago I logged on and AD had only one or two keeps, not much was happening on our side. I just said what the heck and started sieging Fare by myself, once it flagged probably 12-15 AD showed up. Within the next hour we had all home keeps along with Ash, Nik & Sej. The hive mind just needed some steering.

Generally though, I find most of the enjoyable fights when 3-6 of us go deep into DC or EP territory and stir up the hornets nest :)
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting