Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    I made 159k ap in 3 hours last night. Idk if thats good bad or average but to me it indicates there was plenty of fighting. Requiem stayed at BRK most of the night. It was a warzone for sure. I think at one point there was a 7800 d tick.

I had 6-8 the whole night and its really hard going up against larger groups. Itd be nice to have a dedicated healer, 3 wardens (one to pop permafrost and two to stack shalks) a stamplar and an instinctive sorc that negates like a boss. But alas..

What do you need from a Stamplar?

their uncanny ability to lay waste to everything in sight.

Seriously speaking here. . . Mechanical Acuity + Automatons makes a templar in enclosed spaces a truly dreadful opponent.

This isnt a secret. Stamplars are dangerous. devastating.

EDIT: we are not talking about magplars here even though ive seen some hard hitting ones and my wife got her hands on a good build that is doing good dmg as well.
    Edited by Rickter on March 20, 2018 7:38PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made 159k ap in 3 hours last night. Idk if thats good bad or average but to me it indicates there was plenty of fighting. Requiem stayed at BRK most of the night. It was a warzone for sure. I think at one point there was a 7800 d tick.

I had 6-8 the whole night and its really hard going up against larger groups. Itd be nice to have a dedicated healer, 3 wardens (one to pop permafrost and two to stack shalks) a stamplar and an instinctive sorc that negates like a boss. But alas..

What do you need from a Stamplar?

their uncanny ability to lay waste to everything in sight.

Seriously speaking here. . . Mechanical Acuity + Automatons makes a templar in enclosed spaces a truly dreadful opponent.

This isnt a secret. Stamplars are dangerous. devastating.

EDIT: we are not talking about magplars here even though ive seen some hard hitting ones and my wife got her hands on a good build that is doing good dmg as well.

Ah. Thought there was some group utility I was missing. I run a stamplar, but I don't have those sets. I'm enjoying my bow and 2h too much and don't want to give up having at least bloodspawn as a defense set to go for the 2 5 pieces either.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get 1 warden popping perma frost, 1 warden popping db+sub assault, 1 sorc negating, 1 stamplar jabbing + db and one templar just healing their butts off +1 if have earthgore, in a tower or around keeps, and its a wrap. Thats a cocktail of death and destruction. You know whats awesome about all this? The only thing on that list Requiem has is a stamden but hes cp 300.

Cool story right?

Thats why when organized 4-8 mans brag about defeating Requiem, the jokes on them.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah; I noticed shalk spam groups lately. Figured it was the new thing when bird spam lost its bite. Might want a DK to spam some talons in there when permafrost is not up.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah; I noticed shalk spam groups lately. Figured it was the new thing when bird spam lost its bite. Might want a DK to spam some talons in there when permafrost is not up.

Sub assault isnt new. Its what put warden on the map. Alot of people knew how hrd it hit but it wasnt until kodi started putting out showcase vids that it really caught on. Its intense burst. 7.4k dmg. Apply rending, sub assault, db, execute. Its not a one shot, you can survive it, but then youve got the rest of the group hitting you too. Its a raid killer combo.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sub assault isnt new. Its what put warden on the map. Alot of people knew how hrd it hit but it wasnt until kodi started putting out showcase vids that it really caught on. Its intense burst. 7.4k dmg. Apply rending, sub assault, db, execute. Its not a one shot, you can survive it, but then youve got the rest of the group hitting you too. Its a raid killer combo.

Yeah; I mean after Kodi, I started seeing more players trying to use it and missing a lot. I’ve just seen it get to be more often in organized groups. Totally outplaying people one at a time
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s the shalk, DBoS, reverse slice combo into the middle of a stack of foes that makes it pretty crazy. And both flavors of warden have pretty amazing ult gen and self healing that make it great.

Somehow still not motivated to finish leveling mine :/
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    It’s the shalk, DBoS, reverse slice combo into the middle of a stack of foes that makes it pretty crazy. And both flavors of warden have pretty amazing ult gen and self healing that make it great.

Somehow still not motivated to finish leveling mine :/

Agreed.

I've got a max level / max CP Warden but I think I've PvP'd a cumulative of two hours on it. It's just such a broken class and I really don't see the challenge playing it. Sure if you want to be padding your KDR a Warden will make it easier but it just isn't my cup of tea. Running my StamSorc is so much more fun for me, despite having zero class spammables lol. There is something to be said for overload bar, access to negate and streak.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who thought bird was an issue and was turning a blind eye to beetles is a silly, silly person. Delayed burst is the best kind of damage in the game (besides incap).
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I just suck at warden still but I don’t find myself being more successful on it in terms of kill/death ratio than I do my stam sorc. Warden skills do save my ass but still it never amounts to a better KD ratio. Medium armor stam sorc with bp, clever alchemist and bound armaments with crit surge and hurricane just has such high regen, amazing stat pools and the heavy attack (assisted by bound armamaents) DBoS after the alchemist proc hits like a freight train. Plus I can dodge roll for days and if someone’s following closely enough hurricane helps keep me alive. I actually find my general survivability to be better on stam sorc in medium than warden in heavy. But that could just be a familiarity thing.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Anyone who thought bird was an issue and was turning a blind eye to beetles is a silly, silly person. Delayed burst is the best kind of damage in the game (besides incap).

I always laughed when people complained about bird spam as it was more of a nuisance compared to someone who can get shalks to land. It was just a cant miss zerg tool. Was a matter of time until they figured out if someone holds a target down, they can land shalks just as easy and hit a lot harder
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Birds were a problem. it was an undodgeable ranged spammable that dealt upwards of 5.5k per hit.

but yes, i agree shalks went under the radar for a while
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys probably missed the L2P memo from the forum swarm intelligence. According to these Shalks are balanced because they are telegraphed and easy to just side step. Bonus points if you add that you never died to a gap close - shalk - DBoS - Executioner combo in all your 3,264,876 hours of PvP.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    You guys probably missed the L2P memo from the forum swarm intelligence. According to these Shalks are balanced because they are telegraphed and easy to just side step. Bonus points if you add that you never died to a gap close - shalk - DBoS - Executioner combo in all your 3,264,876 hours of PvP.

1v1 they’re not that hard to avoid. Certainly not harder than any other hard hitting skill. At least it is dodgeable. Once again zerg mentality ruins good skills. It’s also a great 1vX skill. Thing is people who suck still suck on wardens. Can a good player rip on a warden? Absolutely, and they deserve to. If anything bring stam sorcs, stam DKs, up to the level where they can compete. Most other classes are ok. Magplars could use slightly more damage if they want to sacrifice healing and stamplar are great just need to be more reliable. Sure lower the damage of shalks a little, it’ll still suck in zergs and won’t change much 1v1.
    Edited by Vapirko on March 21, 2018 7:59AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko

I didn’t call for a nerf. I have two StamWardens myself and they’re fun to play. I merely wanted to point out that most of postings on these forums are biased - a lot of people downplay the strength of things to not endanger them with a nerf. That’s disingenuous.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , all birds being dodgeable did was empower stamblades and neuter magicka warden. Most stamina wardens didn't use birds anyway because they were running with 2h and magicka warden was absolutely dependent on that as part of their burst combo.

Instead of giving a buff to medium armor (which still would require a second look at regarding stamblades) and helping all classes diversify into another armor type, we just screwed one class in PvP unless they wanted to tank or heal. Magwarden ain't dead, but it's a lot harder to fight an equally-skilled player and come out with the W.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of things are avoidable one at a time but that’s not usually how it works. Especially when you’re being gap closer and snare spammed and you eventually need to pressure who’s attacking otherwise you’re just delaying the inevitable.

That’s actually the problem I find with magplar. You can block cast BOL and become the nuisance everyone talks about; but there’s not a lot to turn that around into being the aggressive one. No mobility to reset the fight. Just mist form which also just delays death.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Rickter , all birds being dodgeable did was empower stamblades and neuter magicka warden. Most stamina wardens didn't use birds anyway because they were running with 2h and magicka warden was absolutely dependent on that as part of their burst combo.

Instead of giving a buff to medium armor (which still would require a second look at regarding stamblades) and helping all classes diversify into another armor type, we just screwed one class in PvP unless they wanted to tank or heal. Magwarden ain't dead, but it's a lot harder to fight an equally-skilled player and come out with the W.

Nah man making birds dodgeable was a rare nod from ZOS to any stamina solo or small scale player. That skill was freakin cancer. I agree mag wardens are currently useless beyond permafrosting tanks but birds wasn’t the make or break skill for them, they simply need work as a class to compete in the DPS arena.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Birds aren't even how you killed the rolly polly fellas on magwarden. Beetles still was because you could go beetles --> birds --> crushing shock and everything would hit even through dodge roll. Unless you're getting Xv1'd (which, for most players in most scenarios should be a loss) you can pretty easily outheal bird spam on its own.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS should take a serious look at Medium armor and provide something in terms of defense because in relation to the other two types of armor, medium is a bit left in the dust.

but it doesnt seem like they have any plans on looking at medium armor. So somethings got to give. Seriously people, somethings got to give. otherwise, let me remind you all of the following:

mRetZtm.jpg

this is against 5 medium, 2 heavy, 2 Bloodspawn - 5 impen 2 divines stamdk popping shields and vigor and rally to barely stay alive an ultimately failing.

Birds were broke. And thats the end of story. The only ones that dont seem to think it was broke are, you guessed it: Wardens.

And honestly, I dont think Shalks are broke or overperforming at all. I think its a great tool for Wardens and certainly has its place in Cyrodiil. In 1v1 situations, it takes considerable skill to set it up properly, usually with a hard cc but most definitely with some sort of combination attack that requires more than mashing on one button.

Shalks used smart are amazing and i dont advocate having it nerfe or toned down or taken away from Wardens. But when it comes to an undodgeable ranged spammable - the only one in game - that does over 5k dmg, well then thats where the sympathy goes out the window.
    Edited by Rickter on March 21, 2018 2:14PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand any argument for birds NOT being broken when they were undodgeable.

It wasn't even that they were overpowered--they were broken/inconsistent with the core mechanics. The patch that made them dodgeable did a lot of consistency fixes that were seen as buffs or nerfs, but were really fixes, imo.

As an aside, Shor was popping last night. Tons of fun. Not often there's enough action for us to be constantly on the move on defense for 3 straight hours with essentially no breaks. Good stuff, great AP.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, Shor was popping last night. Tons of fun. Not often there's enough action for us to be constantly on the move on defense for 3 straight hours with essentially no breaks. Good stuff, great AP.

i wouldve loved to have stayed on and gave your group a go with my core, but when wifey logged on, we needed to farm for a lich shield (which she got yay!). will you be on tonight?

and props for staying off tri-keeps. i appreciate that.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i wouldve loved to have stayed on and gave your group a go with my core, but when wifey logged on, we needed to farm for a lich shield (which she got yay!). will you be on tonight?

I'm still waiting on that rich 1h wpn. Got my a couple of restos and a shield. 1h remains elusive.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We *might* be on tonight. I have a wife, job, kid, all that stuff, so normally I only get a group in Shor once or twice a week, with some casual soloing besides that, but this week my wife and kid are visiting her parents...

So if I can get my chores done for some unrelated projects, we might be up and running tonight.

And yeah, I don't touch tris in situations like that. TBH it was refreshing just to fight on terrain on that side of the map, and we were pretty sure the AD zerg+emp was focusing EP, so it was easy to avoid stacking. And I gotta give you y'all credit, you kept coming in hot despite seeming to be a bit light last night.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I'm still waiting on that rich 1h wpn. Got my a couple of restos and a shield. 1h remains elusive.

we got a total of 3 1h swords to drop, 1 infused 1 precise and 1 sharpened. :-/
    And I gotta give you y'all credit, you kept coming in hot despite seeming to be a bit light last night.

Yeah anything prior to 8:30 ish pm and we're running light. 7-8:30pm edt is like, you know, people trickling in, getting home from work that sort of thing. we werent as organized as id have liked either. but I only had 5 - 4 really because Tisserand had to leave practically after the first engagement with you guys - and we were doing the best we could with what we had.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor last night was awesome. Especially the tri faction fight at Bleakers against Fengrush and his crew and a large group of EP.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor last night was awesome. Especially the tri faction fight at Bleakers against Fengrush and his crew and a large group of EP.

That fight was some vintage ESO PvP. Lots of motion, lots of kills, but nobody wiping for a while as all 3 groups maneuvered around the outpost. Good stuff.
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet! The salty DC Kyne cancer is FINALLY invading a vet campaign. Now us noobs can learn to play without the pro's ganging up on us all the time.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! The salty DC Kyne cancer is FINALLY invading a vet campaign. Now us noobs can learn to play without the pro's ganging up on us all the time.

I may be salty, but If you think I'm a pro, you're even a worse player then I thought.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Itsnotarealwar
    Itsnotarealwar
    ✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »

I may be salty, but If you think I'm a pro, you're even a worse player then I thought.

I'm terrible. I have logged around 120 hours total. My highest level character is 37 and I have zero CP. Not sure why you would think I was good at all. That's why I play in Kyne. To get good. Also.... it's "than" not "then". Get it together.