Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

Pushing fights - shor sometimes needs to be coaxed into action. This past week, as both corvette and tbois have attested, ive rode all the way to black boot and capped resources until a full fledged battle occured usually netting the group upwards of 50k ap when its all said and done and were pushed away. This is an action ive seen the aforementioned people employ as early as thursday as well. Its a bit tedious, but it gets the job done.

Shor is a funny campaign. Sometimes there is a lot of action going on, and other times it is really dead despite the population bars saying otherwise. Sometimes the PUGs just need a little nudging. Several days ago I logged on and AD had only one or two keeps, not much was happening on our side. I just said what the heck and started sieging Fare by myself, once it flagged probably 12-15 AD showed up. Within the next hour we had all home keeps along with Ash, Nik & Sej. The hive mind just needed some steering.

Generally though, I find most of the enjoyable fights when 3-6 of us go deep into DC or EP territory and stir up the hornets nest :)

I agree with your sentiment. The problem that deters a lot of people is that when the venturing deep into enemy territory fails "early" then its like, you just spent a lot of time traveling for nothing.

example, from DC gates, you ride all the way to Cropsford, and when you flag it, an elite core or large group shows up and you wipe just shy of 3k ap. all you can do is let out a big ol sigh.

but more often than not however, its worth it imho

Edited by Rickter on April 2, 2018 7:17PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonight, AD and DC seemed to want to find out which one of their zergs were better :lol:

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... is it reasonable to play EP on Shor again? If you are looking for a fight, not a PvDoor-fest?
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    In a rush to work this morning, I forgot to shamelessly plug my video in yet another thread.

https://youtu.be/5DtuiSYpSjo

First 2 days of learning DW MagDK in Shor and a bit of Vivec.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    In a rush to work this morning, I forgot to shamelessly plug my video in yet another thread.

nice vid ! dw mDK is def fun to play
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    So... is it reasonable to play EP on Shor again? If you are looking for a fight, not a PvDoor-fest?

Its hard to say, honestly. There are still the usual EP dreadlords and torment and sprinkles of the DR groups out there but id say, as of right now, ep is by far the least aggressive on shor since the Krothaggedon.

Good stuff curie. Dk is BACK as they say ;P in any case, not sure when snb became the meta but i was 5light dw/resto back in 2015/2016 and was under the impression that was the only way to go if you wanted to remotely have a chance at killing people in pvp
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome video. Kinda makes me want to go level my MDK.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

DC mDK's unite!!! :D lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

Haha. Its motivation I lack. I do have him sitting by the stable now though. I want those stats Sylphie has though. :wink:
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha. Its motivation I lack. I do have him sitting by the stable now though. I want those stats Sylphie has though. :wink:

last week i tested out 4x necro/5x shackle had about 25k health, 46k mag and 20k stam ... only thing it really lacked was a nice sp dmg lol... havent tried shadowrend or 5x necro yet though... might give it a try with shackle
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on April 3, 2018 1:12PM

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone have latency issues at all last night on Shor? I usually hover between 90-110. However three times within probably a 20 minute period it would spike in the 900s, game play would become crap and then I'd lose connection. Happened around 8:00-8:30 CST, specifically when I was at Nik and at the gate from Nik to Ash. Finally I said to hell with it and left Cryodiil. Before I entered Cyrodiil and after I left I never had the issue.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why but I have been getting a lot of lag spikes recently, even just in overland PvE or dungeons.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will be interesting though when 2h/stave weapons become counted as 2 slots ... im so used to running dw but i might give staves a try on my mDK when that goes live

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to be looking at 2h more for magicka classes just for forward momentum. Getting rid of roots and snares winds up not being for much when they instantly get reapplied. Backbar maybe, so long as you don’t need a resto for a heal.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of magplars that run dw/S&B will swap to 2h/S&B with that change. No point in using mistform with that gearing anymore.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

will be interesting though when 2h/stave weapons become counted as 2 slots ... im so used to running dw but i might give staves a try on my mDK when that goes live

*record scratch*

wait what???
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link to info?

The traitor

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Link to info?

I'm on mobile atm but if you look at the Summerset threads you will see it.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be an interesting addition that's for sure.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

This will be an interesting addition that's for sure.

agreed man.... i wonder if @Raknosh will make a comback when these changes go live ... lol
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on April 3, 2018 7:29PM

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also very much looking forward to the multi core usage update .... hopefully that will help performance

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an i5 processor and Wheeler said id only see a slight increase in performance. Apparently this change will mainly benefit 6-8 core systems. Feelssadman
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im in the same boat as @Rickter but on the bright side; if I really want the performance increase, I can upgrade. 2 years ago or so when I built my PC, i7s were still a lot higher cost than the i5. Had to have come down some by now.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol that's a lot to take in. Sounds like there's gonna be a lot of theorycrafting ahead.

The traitor

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id have to hear what the performance increase is exactly. I know for a fact an i7 7770k + gtx 1080 will run cyrodiil at 60fps and 45 in 30v30v30.

Processors + mobo are cheaper than psu+Gpu
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭

+2 for the Video! But... the music, its so familiar, like I have heard it before... I wonder where... lol
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not going to be a good patch for stamina. I guess that was expected. Also I’m kind of amazed that ZOS is ramping up damage even further with light/heavy attack scaling and the possibility of Infused jewlery glyphs with wpn damage enchants is insnane. Must have not invited many PvP play testers. All the proposed changes that we know of so far seem more for PvE. Also really hope dw gets a buff although I assume not, since that would make the people who need to play 2H in PvE all aggro and this is what the change is all about.
    Edited by Vapirko on April 4, 2018 3:17AM