Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @King_Thelon , I'm just confused because they weren't at a farm. It was a lumbermill. Maybe they wandered unwisely into the forest where they couldn't see the forest for the trees and were swiftly met with the meritorious wood of AD?
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    The negate was nice, but that failed hop over the railing 41 seconds in was the real MVP.

I legit lol'd at that. Can't say I haven't derp'd a jump before, or even worse streaked into a rock right in front of yourself.

My favorite is getting hung up on terrain while leading...

Do as I say, not as I do. Except I mix up left and right, and Sej and Nik...

So do as I mean, not as I say.

Ahhh yes, the ole' look at your map while mounted, put map away find yourself running in place via giant ass terrain right in front of yourself. I've mastered that achievement.

Running into big objects and failed jumps are one thing, but I find really annoying when there is just a small bump taht you would think you could just walk over but you cant. Like the little edge in the walls. Or one of the resource towers has what looks like railroad ties outside the door.

Even better if you are on approach to the baddies with ult already firing and no gapcloser...

So you stand there impotently, surrounded by flame torrents/bats/whatever, just out of range.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule #1 in my groups is don't follow crown. I'm excellent at reading my map off of cliffs or into other impassable terrain :D .
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Rule #1 in my groups is don't follow crown. I'm excellent at reading my map off of cliffs or into other impassable terrain :D .

u sound like rak when he used to lead lol .... too many deaths from following him off a cliff
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember my very first day in Cyrodiil the group lead led us into crossing a slaughterfish infested river. Achievement unlocked :/
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I remember my very first day in Cyrodiil the group lead led us into crossing a slaughterfish infested river. Achievement unlocked :/

hahaha, did something similar on my first day in Cyrodiil. There was a bridge battle going on. I thought I'd be the smart one flanking them, went to go cross the river (at a wide portion), turned into shark bait.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last thing I want to see in a zerg vs zerg between DC and EP is animosity and Known Shitters hitting from behind and on the path. lol Was good fun though.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some good fun tonight. Had a nice break but glad to be back in Cyrodiil.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Had some good fun tonight. Had a nice break but glad to be back in Cyrodiil.

was great running with u and the old gang a bit last night again man!!
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So excited because my fiance and I found out where we're going to be for my residency the next three years! Hopefully, that earns me a little more time to play this weekend after chores. The campaign's been a lot of fun the last couple weeks!
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    So excited because my fiance and I found out where we're going to be for my residency the next three years! Hopefully, that earns me a little more time to play this weekend after chores. The campaign's been a lot of fun the last couple weeks!

Congrats on the residency!

Also, had a blast wiping all those DC at Ash yesterday!
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on March 18, 2018 3:43PM
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks - we're both really excited. I get to pretend I'm an adult and went to look at houses today even!

On a different note, I can't understand where 2 bars of AD disappeared to this afternoon.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks - we're both really excited. I get to pretend I'm an adult and went to look at houses today even!

On a different note, I can't understand where 2 bars of AD disappeared to this afternoon.

I assume you’ll be picking based on ping to ZOS servers
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    speaking of ping - someone mentioned that the ping displayed in game is actually the latency to and from the zos servers so you have to divide that number by 2 to get your real ping, is this true?

would explain why im always seeing 118ms
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is always between 90-120. So I guess it's possible.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor sounds like a fun campaign. Drama baby!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell is going on in shor? I’ve heard claims of DC gate camping AD and/or EP with emp, we’ve got guilds stair camping tri keeps. Enough is enough. This campaign is such a trash heap now. Just cut the bs whatever faction you’re on. If you see your faction members doing something like this just turn around and go the other way it’s not that hard. If you want to camp keeps as emp defend your ring keeps, if you feel the immature need to stair camp go take your *** to side keep somewhere. For *** sake people.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I share your sentiments Vapirko but Shor is a typical ESO PvP campaign now. There is t anything stand out or special about it. 2017 was a good year and guild geoups were small enough to broker rules of engagment. Be proud and appreciative that you were able to participate in that magical time when @Lord_Hev and @Takuto and @Durham and @NBrookus and @Rickter and @Montayva held 6-10v6-10 gvgs and trikeeps were left untouched and the only transgressions were those of the occasional non-homed guild running a scroll into the water, or the EP guild that routinely 16-24 manned bleakers so we could make 100k ap night after night.

I was there since day one. I drew a line and said this is where me and mine stand. And i fought for it.

I can be proud of that.

But now, im just a pebble in the river. Youll see Rickter and Requiem on Shor because despite its transformation, its home. But Ive accepted how things are. And we do what we can. And thats all you can do.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is the petty revenge bs.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and my guild is mostly AD, if we come to shor will we see REDs and BLUEs literally working together to snuff us out? Its a real problem and we've scaled back our play time because of that type of poor, cheap, immature, etc... play??
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played mostly just solo these last two weeks and found really fun fights. I don't really take personal issue with any of the play I've seen from opposing factions or my own.

It has been silly to see AD pushed against by both EP and DC and I can imagine that's pretty off-putting for newer players to PvP. Two days ago EP camped Fare for a couple hours, lost it for thirty minutes, then retook it for another couple hours while there were no scrolls. Last night I logged on around 7 EST and AD only had BM with no scrolls and a decent amount of DC defenders for a while at Fare. The second AD pushed for BB, Fare was hit again and retaken by DC. I don't really mind having fights a short horse ride away, but I can confidently say that this disappoints pugs on any faction.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a wicked fun dethrone on Shor just now was like the old days, all 1v1 up to around 6v6. One of the perks of being back on the other side of the world. Surprisingly had small groups from each faction, would be nice if that stayed up.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a few really good fights last night .... PUGz ran a 5 man group last night ... we were at some of the bigger fights, but also went off on our own and found some smaller fights and duels... was a good night

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its actually kind of weird to me. For all the complaining about how poor the game plays; Vivec is still pop locked and is seriously hard for me to even go to when I want to. I wounder if the queues and the extra amount of broken abilities can be since Dragon Bone has just driven more people here from Vivec.

I don't think its a bad thing but queue one of my favorite Jack Sparrow quotes.
    The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    Me and my guild is mostly AD, if we come to shor will we see REDs and BLUEs literally working together to snuff us out? Its a real problem and we've scaled back our play time because of that type of poor, cheap, immature, etc... play??

Team Purple isn't near what it is in Vivec (at least when I played on Vivec a couple months ago). Although, last night I was running around with one other guild member and we were fighting two EP (2v2) and here come two DC. We fell back into the resource tower and the two DC & EP chased us killing us then the DC left the resource without fighting the EP. No idea what that was about.

Last night I logged on around 7 EST and AD only had BM with no scrolls and a decent amount of DC defenders for a while at Fare. The second AD pushed for BB, Fare was hit again and retaken by DC. I don't really mind having fights a short horse ride away, but I can confidently say that this disappoints pugs on any faction.

Yeah things were pretty crappy early on last night. Had an EPIC 2vX at Ash Mine though and a few other resources throughout the night.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This campaign isn't all that bad, it's just insanely inconsistent.

Frequent invisible "3 bar" populations. Random touring zergs from Vivec. Most of the "regular" groups running 1-3 nights a week, so you never know what the chemistry will be like on a given night. Stream guest appearances, complete with streamer fanzerg guest appearances. Monochromatic maps until primetime gets rolling. Increased numbers of players who think they should be able to dodgeroll the world to death.

I honestly haven't had a really bad night on Shor in a few weeks--but sometimes it takes awhile to find the sweet spot geographically for that particular group, at that particular time, on that particular night.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made 159k ap in 3 hours last night. Idk if thats good bad or average but to me it indicates there was plenty of fighting. Requiem stayed at BRK most of the night. It was a warzone for sure. I think at one point there was a 7800 d tick.

I had 6-8 the whole night and its really hard going up against larger groups. Itd be nice to have a dedicated healer, 3 wardens (one to pop permafrost and two to stack shalks) a stamplar and an instinctive sorc that negates like a boss. But alas..
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I made 159k ap in 3 hours last night. Idk if thats good bad or average but to me it indicates there was plenty of fighting. Requiem stayed at BRK most of the night. It was a warzone for sure. I think at one point there was a 7800 d tick.

I had 6-8 the whole night and its really hard going up against larger groups. Itd be nice to have a dedicated healer, 3 wardens (one to pop permafrost and two to stack shalks) a stamplar and an instinctive sorc that negates like a boss. But alas..

we had 3 DK's and 1 stamden and i think 1 healer for a little while last night ... was funny as hell .... at one of the resources there were about 10 ad on top the tower with us 5 .... saber used shalk and db ... and the 3 of us DK's leaps all at the same time ... was pretty much an insta wipe which we all laughed about

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish I could get folks together for an regular playgroup that's optimized all together. Would be super fun, but still it's just so hard to coordinate.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

What do you need from a Stamplar?