Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran around on my templar for a while, then my stam sorc solo aside from when someone else happened into the area I was as well. Actually had some small scale fights here and there. Getting my ass handed to me like that really gives that so called "strive to do better" people seem to think you should do when you get outplayed by a zerg or ball group. It still can be frustrating but theres time to react and/or realize where I can do better as opposed to being stunned and insta-killed . Did have one large group run over me and maybe 4 other guys but it wasn't that coordinated. I need to learn the resource tower runaround thing I suppose

First time I took my stam sorc out. I need to really learn to play that but I liked what I saw. Still need a better 2 piece than krahgs to go with all the DOTs.
    Edited by technohic on December 11, 2017 4:27AM
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    If TM wants competitive gameplay, perhaps a GvG with Dracarys will do yea? Both guilds use destro train earthgore meta, so it would be an interesting fight yea? @PenguinInACan you down for that?

I agree TM should gvg vs LoM, PoD, Drac. We have a few guilds rearing to have some guild fights and improve from them afterwards. Would be a lot of fun.
    Durham wrote: »
    But I will also say this 30 Reds runnign together is just as worse.... Sunday nights in shore must be an event night in red or something

But there are no large AD guilds here .... the other two sides put up superior numbers ..... also keep that in mind

Durham did you get that discord invite for gvg's?
    If TM wants competitive gameplay, perhaps a GvG with Dracarys will do yea? Both guilds use destro train earthgore meta, so it would be an interesting fight yea? @PenguinInACan you down for that?

I would have no problem with that, but I don't know about the rest of the guild. We've traditionally not enjoyed structured GvG's because they don't really represent true open world fights. Just like a duel isn't the same as a 1v1 in cyro, as the "best" at dueling is traditionally specced for only dueling (this is a generalization, there are fantastic open world players that are also great at dueling), the same is for an organized GvG, where the "best" at an organized GvG is specced for fighting only another 12-16 man group.

I personally enjoy finding/or going to find another group and having a reaction based fight with there is a threat of other groups or pugs interfering. Its a much more dynamic fight and takes a lot more coordination and situational awareness which I really like.

I can provide TM with a link to the GvG discord and you guys can organize some scrims with other guilds. Sure it isn't "spec" for open cyro but you are also facing other solidified guilds instead of random pug groups or unprepared players with the benefit of los to ult sweep.
    Could be fun. I was talking to Machete but at the time TM wasn't up for it.
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    TM has fought all of these guilds at one time or another in various campaigns. LOM stacked with CN and BOD etc.... we’ve also encountered Drac, PM on several occasions and have won some and lost some. TM also has a mix of members who belonged to other guilds such as Haxus,VE etc...(I will refrain from listing names of individual players).

So requesting we face off with these guilds, I can yes we have and do so open world.
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Big compliments to @W0lf_z13 this man is ruthless in the face of his enemies , I always see him solo and small scaling. This is a player that is learning and will learn to be a better player based on this resolve.

lol thanks man! :)

Why were you zerging us down earlier today in Shor? Don't you want to improve?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Vapirko @technohic Ran into you guys earlier today in Shor with my buddy Kita. Were good fights.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 11, 2017 8:59AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big compliments to @W0lf_z13 this man is ruthless in the face of his enemies , I always see him solo and small scaling. This is a player that is learning and will learn to be a better player based on this resolve.

not sure when u mean ... the group I was in started as a 2 person group, rak and I .... and then started to pick up guildies as the day went on...at most the group was at 10 .... occasionally we ended up at the same place as other DC, which was not planned, but most of the time we would head off elsewhere
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on December 11, 2017 12:53PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    First time I took my stam sorc out. I need to really learn to play that but I liked what I saw. Still need a better 2 piece than krahgs to go with all the DOTs.
    If you’re using multiple dots, skoria is not a bad set even for stamina users. Still, you might be best off with velidreth or selenes.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda funny.. Lots of talk of using these aoe ultimates to fight outnumbered, yet my only experience with this group is them ulti dumping me while solo..
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

not sure when u mean ... the group I was in started as a 2 person group, rak and I .... and then started to pick up guildies as the day went on...at most the group was at 10 .... occasionally we ended up at the same place as other DC, which was not planned, but most of the time we would head off elsewhere

You know what i meant. You were attacking me around a bunch of dc pugs. Even chased me a couple times as I LoS around the rock. If you want to improve you need to get rid of that mentality and actually play solo.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    If you’re using multiple dots, skoria is not a bad set even for stamina users. Still, you might be best off with velidreth or selenes.

Yeah. Was even debating Shadowrend as a different approach for the time being but relying on DOTs and pressure; I need a more bursty set here and there.

You know what i meant. You were attacking me around a bunch of dc pugs. Even chased me a couple times as I LoS around the rock. If you want to improve you need to get rid of that mentality and actually play solo.

I’ve seen Wolfe out about solo. I’m sure from time to time I will be in a group as well when guildies are running or might PUG. Last night I even checked for groups before heading out because it was still the weekend and I expected more large groups like I saw Saturday
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    @Munavar

1) TM has not had an Emperor in many months. I am not sure who you beating 2v2 as an Emp. Maybe a prior TM member on Sotha running with DR? Even if not, why is it surprising that two '1vX' players defeated two group spec'd players?

2) As far as I am aware, you have not run with TM while in Shor (and definitely not over the past two weeks). You have no insights there.

3) Which encounter were there 4 destros used against 5 players? It was a long night and the only encounter that comes to mind is the last one when the Vivec queue popped. The background on that encounter was that the group of EP followed the group (as we watched the scroll run) from north of Aleswell all the way to Roe (snipping at the group's tail all the way). 'Everything' was dropped on exit.
    1) It was over a month ago, maybe closer to two months ago in Sotha. I know he and Kita were arguing and about it in one of your guild chats. Neither person was in a group build as they were trying to duo until we defeated them in a 2v2 and they of course called for back up.

2) I ran with TM in Sotha with Kita and am aware of your group play mechanics. It's just timing your ult drops. When we fought against TM two nights ago in Shor is was just more of the same. Also, I have been witness to your actions as someone on both ends, being an AD and EP, so fighting alongside and against your tactics. While extremely effective, it's not a hard play-style to grasp or figure out so saying I have no insights, when even the average player with the right gear could understand and excel at it, is bit self-serving and untrue.

3)The group of 15 or so would run destro ults through our group of five two nights ago. You all were running from Ash to Nikel and then to Roe. You left the server after that but it was just more of what I saw over the last week or so.

Play how you want guys, I'm just not a fan of it. Ruin got treated the same way when they were trying to zerg down the map. People are only voicing their concerns because we like how unique of a server it is compared to the others. My advice is to either own up to your actions and carry on as you have no obligation to appease anyone if you don't want to, or think of different tactics to employ except when you encounter a Vivec style zerg on the campaign, which do occur from time to time.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i do solo on occasion... but ontop of having to improve my soloing abilities, i need to improve on my group abilities, i tend to go to a resource alone and wait for enemies to show up to work on the soloing aspect... so im not going to always be solo ... i know that each side ( solo and group ) are totally different ... cp campaigns are a whole new breed from what I'm used to ( coming from being in kyne for the last year and a half )... so I am having to re learn magDK all over again and still testing out different sets and skills to find the comfortable spot
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on December 11, 2017 5:39PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jaysins Are you sure it was destro ults and not our prox dets you were seeing? A lot of people seem to get them confused from what I can tell. I think they both appear as a circle around us, traveling as we move. We typically use 0 or 1 destro ults against groups equal or less our numbers.

Hopefully it looked pretty funny when our queue to Vivec finally popped and most of us disappeared right in front of you. We were at queue position 1 from even before we hit the blue scroll group. And then one or two botched the enter campaign acceptance and deserved the bagging y’all gave them ;)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

i do solo on occasion... but ontop of having to improve my soloing abilities, i need to improve on my group abilities, i tend to go to a resource alone and wait for enemies to show up to work on the soloing aspect... so im not going to always be solo ... i know that each side ( solo and group ) are totally different ... cp campaigns are a whole new breed from what I'm used to ( coming from being in kyne for the last year and a half )... so I am having to re learn magDK all over again and still testing out different sets and skills to find the comfortable spot

Heh, ignore him Wolf. He's probly one of those elitist *** who think there is only ONE way to play this game and then look down on people that are not 1vxing like him.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries...I Don't mind the occasional rouse..... it is a PvP forum after all.... not to mention... if it weren't for tough to kill players like him and a few others i would still be in my "comfort" spot and not coming up with new setup ideas
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on December 11, 2017 10:36PM

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once the great lidless eye of ethics in vidya game combat fixes it's gaze upon you, there is no escape.

Besides not caring.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think its hilarious when people run and then get mad that someone chased them lol. How about you stand your ground and fight chicken ***.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As elite players such as yourself like to say, "We can't control what the pugs do".
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

Heh, ignore him Wolf. He's probly one of those elitist *** who think there is only ONE way to play this game and then look down on people that are not 1vxing like him.

Except I'm not an elitist...lol...1vXing is not an easy feat. You can attempt to 1vX 10 times and maybe get 2 successful fights(coming out alive). Nobody's forcing anyone to play solo, but when you said you want to improve then go off to zerg people down it's kinda against your statement.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 11, 2017 10:41PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the time of the day that i solo .... during the week i don't get home till 1030pm from working 14 hours so i like to relax and play with my friends.... if it's the morning on the weekends I'm usually soloing or attempting to

• Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    Except I'm not an elitist...lol...1vXing is not an easy feat. You can attempt to 1vX 10 times and maybe get 2 successful fights. Nobody's forcing anyone to play solo, but when you said you want to improve then go off to zerg people down it's kinda against your statement.

For what its worth. I've never seen wolf in a zerg. Unless you are one of those people that think 4-8 people is a zerg, in that case, lol?

But why can't he do both? He can 1vX sometimes and play with his friends sometimes. Is that so hard to believe?
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on the time of the day that i solo .... during the week i don't get home till 1030pm from working 14 hours so i like to relax and play with my friends.... if it's the morning on the weekends I'm usually soloing or attempting to

Wolf, dont sweat it man. I can honestly say, after fighting you for the past year and a half or so, that you are one of the most improved players I know. Most of these guys couldnt fight there way out of a paper sack if you gave them anything other than 'there' build to play with. I have seen you try many new builds and classes, and do well with most of them ; )
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

I think its hilarious when people run and then get mad that someone chased them lol. How about you stand your ground and fight chicken ***.

Aight so i'm gonna stand in the open and let 5 people pound on me. Good strategy maybe you can teach me how to not die also? OH, how about this? I'm gonna stand in the open and let a zerg just run past me. You know, since I should stand my ground and fight. Enlighten me.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 11, 2017 10:46PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tzayad wrote: »
    Except I'm not an elitist...lol...1vXing is not an easy feat. You can attempt to 1vX 10 times and maybe get 2 successful fights. Nobody's forcing anyone to play solo, but when you said you want to improve then go off to zerg people down it's kinda against your statement.

For what its worth. I've never seen wolf in a zerg. Unless you are one of those people that think 4-8 people is a zerg, in that case, lol?

But why can't he do both? He can 1vX sometimes and play with his friends sometimes. Is that so hard to believe?

Yea i do consider 8+ a zerg. He can do whatever he want, but I'm just pointing out the things he did yesterday that are against his statement.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea i do consider 8+ a zerg. He can do whatever he want, but I'm just pointing out the things he did yesterday that are against his statement.

For the record I never said i was going to ONLY be soloing

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

As elite players such as yourself like to say, "We can't control what the pugs do".

Unlike pugs, we don't chase someone down.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For the record I never said i was going to ONLY be soloing

I know. Just pointing out what you shouldnt do to improve is all.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 11, 2017 10:53PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I preferred this thread when it was US v TM

now ya'll are turning on each other!! focus!! TM = CHUCK NORRIS
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Aight Alright, so i'm gonna stand in the open and let 5 people pound on me. Good strategy maybe you can teach me how to not die also? OH, how about this? I'm gonna stand in the open and let a zerg just run past me. You know, since I should stand my ground and fight. Enlighten me.

Sure, I do it all the time. The key here really is that you didnt like that someone chased you. Should they have just stopped pursuing you? Dont want to get chased? Dont run. If it had been me, I would have chased you all the way to your gates if thats how far you decided to run. The fight isnt over till there is a victor.
    GM of BYTE
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Unlike pugs, we don't chase someone down.

I guess there's a risk vs. Reward for every play style. Wolf is one of the nicest and most honest people you will ever encounter in this game. No need to put him on blast for what you think he may or may not be doing.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all