Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worry about people who are so up in arms with this. I hope you guys have fun playing the game.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big compliments to @W0lf_z13 this man is ruthless in the face of his enemies , I always see him solo and small scaling. This is a player that is learning and will learn to be a better player based on this resolve.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    This whole thing really seems to have gone overboard. We're all quite lucky that ZOS mods don't care about PvP anymore so this thread is being left alone... I suggest we all remember this is a game and we should be kind to each other.

That being said, I think it's important to take perspective here. I do not like fighting people who run the typical large-group destro/negate + Earthgore setup. Honestly I often request that we avoid those people sometimes, particularly when we have a small group (4 people typically). However, you will rarely if ever see me complaining publicly and attempting to name & shame groups of people for playing differently than how I approve. And you will definitely never see me attacking an individual's character over it, as I'm not in grade school anymore.

My group has never complained about fighting EP & DC groups when we are heavily outnumbered. We never complained about seeing multiple known Shor guilds showing up in the same place to fight 6 people. We actually love some of those fights as it pushes us to our limits, even if we fail.

Here's a clip I saved from November 20th, where 8 of us are fighting at least 24 DC people from multiple guilds repp'ing on this thread (you can count 24 blue sigils, and that does not count those sieging and waiting behind the corner). While it was kind of crazy to see that many people lining up against us, I don't think it'd be fair for me to say that these people are ruining the server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mptXd8XM6zE&feature=youtu.be

Just food for thought.

Edit: Apologies if voice comms are annoying. I left them in as I am lazy, and it also shows how we weren't obsessed with the type of odds that were against us.
    Edited by Glory on December 10, 2017 6:02PM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    i can’t help myself, I am role playing A_G_G_R_O’s Aggro...... it’s a mmoRPg. I can’t help but participate.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    i can’t help myself, I am role playing A_G_G_R_O’s Aggro...... it’s a mmoRPg. I can’t help but participate.

That clears up so much friend. It lets me put the pieces together into a clearer picture. Yesterday when policy dueled you it only lasted 16 seconds because your character name is smite. It seems you clearly intend to mean that you get smited. Great RP.
    Edited by manny254 on December 10, 2017 6:31PM
    - Mojican
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Won’t lie I kinda felt cheated that duel. I hit him with dizzy swing he was stunned but then immediately dragon leaped me in stun. I didn’t block and then died haha. I’d be more than happy for a rematch, seems like a solid DK.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big compliments to @W0lf_z13 this man is ruthless in the face of his enemies , I always see him solo and small scaling. This is a player that is learning and will learn to be a better player based on this resolve.

Wolf is relentless. He works very hard as has a TON of fun. I'm too lazy and get butt hurt too easily to put in that kind of effort.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    This whole thing really seems to have gone overboard. We're all quite lucky that ZOS mods don't care about PvP anymore so this thread is being left alone... I suggest we all remember this is a game and we should be kind to each other.

That being said, I think it's important to take perspective here. I do not like fighting people who run the typical large-group destro/negate + Earthgore setup. Honestly I often request that we avoid those people sometimes, particularly when we have a small group (4 people typically). However, you will rarely if ever see me complaining publicly and attempting to name & shame groups of people for playing differently than how I approve. And you will definitely never see me attacking an individual's character over it, as I'm not in grade school anymore.

My group has never complained about fighting EP & DC groups when we are heavily outnumbered. We never complained about seeing multiple known Shor guilds showing up in the same place to fight 6 people. We actually love some of those fights as it pushes us to our limits, even if we fail.

Here's a clip I saved from November 20th, where 8 of us are fighting at least 24 DC people from multiple guilds repp'ing on this thread (you can count 24 blue sigils, and that does not count those sieging and waiting behind the corner). While it was kind of crazy to see that many people lining up against us, I don't think it'd be fair for me to say that these people are ruining the server.

Just food for thought.

Edit: Apologies if voice comms are annoying. I left them in as I am lazy, and it also shows how we weren't obsessed with the type of odds that were against us.

A 47 second clips that show you getting ready to push an obviously unorganized PUG group, never totally engaging them, and then running away when your realize the odds aren't in your favor. Let me know if I missed anything and thank you for posting a video that further validates my points made. Also, why are you taking it defensively that people are trying to shape this server into something unique and different from Vivec, which members of your guild have said they enjoyed? We're giving you the possible reality of your actions, at least myself anyways, saying we wish you'd adopt a different play-style but do as you wish. This is a discussion about the campaign after all. I'm not telling you what to do but giving you an opinion that you're free to disagree with or take into consideration as you feel appropriate. I don't care if you've ever complained or not as that is irrelevant to the argument I, or anyone else is making against you.

And no one wants your text book narcissism around these parts Adenoma. So far from reading the forums I've learned you're in med school, don't have enough time for this game but enough time to lurk on the forums non-stop, learned about your relationship with your woman and apparently how well that's going, was an almost Olympic level swimmer, and your apparent 1vXing abilities when I've had to save and rez you in a 2v5 as I was doing more work on my stam sorc than you could on your stam warden. Reign your ego in brother as having to brag about your real life accomplishments to a bunch of strangers on a forum is only projecting how insecure of a person you actually are and your attempts to humble brag have made me redefine what I considered obnoxious.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    he has 1vX abilities? who knew. I fought him with a friend last night against DC as well. He kind of just stood there healing and recieving heals from his teammate
    Edited by Joshlenoir on December 10, 2017 7:48PM
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @manny254 and @Glory. At this point, this argument is getting personal and nonconstructive.
    I think most of us dislike their playstyle but it's not a reason for all this drama. Isn't Shor supposed to be "toxic free"?
    Cause the last couple of page's been pretty toxic I find.

Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I was focused by the two of you and then the three DC that were targeting deadly and I. You can't really blame me for healing myself.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    jaysins wrote: »
    Glory wrote: »

Just food for thought.

A 47 second clips that show you getting ready to push an obviously unorganized PUG group, never totally engaging them, and then running away when your realize the odds aren't in your favor. Let me know if I missed anything and thank you for posting a video that further validates my points made. Also, why are you taking it defensively that people are trying to shape this server into something unique and different from Vivec, which members of your guild have said they enjoyed? We're giving you the possible reality of your actions, at least myself anyways, saying we wish you'd adopt a different play-style but do as you wish. This is a discussion about the campaign after all. I'm not telling you what to do but giving you an opinion that you're free to disagree with or take into consideration as you feel appropriate. I don't care if you've ever complained or not as that is irrelevant to the argument I, or anyone else is making against you.

Who are you talking to? Change my ways to a different playstyle? Mate I don't think you understand who you are talking to, but obviously seeing an ice staff dragonknight should give you a clue that I'm not playing the meta.

It's actually a 47 second clip showing that the pot sometimes calls the kettle black. Wasn't supposed to be some super "1vX E-peen I'm a god at a casual PvP game" video, but I'd love to see one of your videos some time!

Honestly, the majority of posts I see from your guild is literally just salt and complaints. Sorry if I don't take you too seriously.
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Well, I was focused by the two of you and then the three DC that were targeting deadly and I. You can't really blame me for healing myself.

As mPvP Philosopher @PenguinInACan says,
    Are you sure you didn't just get outplayed? ;)
    Edited by Joshlenoir on December 10, 2017 7:52PM
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Man, I'm going to really have figure out better to communicate with you. If you'd really like I can post finger paintings of what I'm trying to convey in a hope to bridge this apparent communication gap we're having. The video shows your group considering going after a large PUG group but ultimately running away, that's all and I don't see any pot calling the kettle black unless that DC group was super organized dropping destro ultimates on your group with earth gore popping in every ten seconds for good measure. We're trying to give constructive criticism, well maybe not AGGRO, to how you play the game and it's effects on the campaign in a forum dedicated to.... THE CAMPAIGN. I'm not talking, or ever was, about you as an individual and have no idea where you even got that idea from to be honest. You don't have to take me seriously, but please, take reading comprehension seriously as you're inability to miss the crux of my argument is borderline fascinating.
    Edited by jaysins on December 10, 2017 7:49PM
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If TM wants competitive gameplay, perhaps a GvG with Dracarys will do yea? Both guilds use destro train earthgore meta, so it would be an interesting fight yea? @PenguinInACan you down for that?
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    jaysins wrote: »
    Man, I'm going to really have figure out better to communicate with your guild. If you'd really like I can post finger paintings of what I'm trying to convey in a hope to bridge this apparent communication gap we're having. The video shows you considering going after a large PUG group but ultimately running away, that's all and I don't see any pot calling the kettle black unless that DC group was super organized dropping destro ultimates on your group with earth gore popping in every ten seconds for good measure. We're trying to give constructive criticism, well maybe not AGGRO, to how you play the game and it's effects on the campaign in a forum dedicated to.... THE CAMPAIGN. I'm not talking, or ever was, about you as an individual and have no idea where you even got that idea from to be honest. I referencing your entire guild as a group and never once mentioned you. You don't have to take me seriously, but please, take reading comprehension seriously as you're inability to miss the crux of my argument is borderline fascinating.

I'm... not in the guild you think I am?

Are you confused? Do you need help?
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a great night last night. Was only to get 3-4 in group, peaking at 5 very briefly, but had a great time and can never say I felt like I got zerged or contributed to an attrocious zerging.

The fights were decent, from soloing against @W0lf_z13 and @Minno early in the evening to just trying to stay up against @A_G_G_R_O and @Joshlenoir after they basically had their way with the server and triple pulled scrolls.

I have no salt to throw at anyone.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    If TM wants competitive gameplay, perhaps a GvG with Dracarys will do yea? Both guilds use destro train earthgore meta, so it would be an interesting fight yea? @PenguinInACan you down for that?

I would have no problem with that, but I don't know about the rest of the guild. We've traditionally not enjoyed structured GvG's because they don't really represent true open world fights. Just like a duel isn't the same as a 1v1 in cyro, as the "best" at dueling is traditionally specced for only dueling (this is a generalization, there are fantastic open world players that are also great at dueling), the same is for an organized GvG, where the "best" at an organized GvG is specced for fighting only another 12-16 man group.

I personally enjoy finding/or going to find another group and having a reaction based fight with there is a threat of other groups or pugs interfering. Its a much more dynamic fight and takes a lot more coordination and situational awareness which I really like.
    Edited by PenguinInACan on December 10, 2017 8:01PM
    Marek
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @manny254 if you dont know why TM is getting so much flak, you myst not be paying attention. I agree its gotten a little personal and i’ll admit that ive personally resigned myself to acceptance at this point as the conversation is indeed pointless.

But the fact of the matter remains: jaysins, josh, aggro, vapirko, technohic, stridig, hexqusite, qaevir, deadly recluse, myself: were all saying the same thing: we dont want the vivec meta here and TM is irresponsibly INTRODUCING it to Shor.

The only people defending that playstyle are members of TM and Adenoma.

And there is the key word there: INTRODUCING it to shor. That means they are the first and the long term ramifications of the continued use of that playstyle will transform this server into something not even you would appreciate.

Its a matter of rolling over and letting that happen or standing up for something you believe in and willing to fight for it.

We are fighting for a dream tht has been realized for nearly an entire year. And is now in fact threatened.

Do you understand now? This is a heated political topic at this point and to dismiss it or state confusion to the reaction of the Shor natives is inconsiderate at best.

In any case, it is clear TM will disregard and do whatever they want. This whole ordeal has been very telling and for me, began and will end like this: i thought of TM as a long time elite pvp team that i had much reapect for due to my interactiona with Vujk 2 years ago, but i have utterly lost that admiration and respect as TM is not what i thought it was and im glad i know the truth o the matter now.

Requiem will but the stubborn ones. I imagine i’ll lose some members to this, but just like the Samurai during the Meiji Resotration, i’ll continue to lead from the front, no teabagging, no gate camping, no dirty tactics, no vivec exploitative meta.

And one note about @Lord_Hev being a noble hero now: i met him almost 3 years ago shortly after IC launch and we had a rocky relationship for a long time. But life isnt about what youve done or what you couldve done, its about what what you do right now. And right now? What ive seen is someone who has found a cause and did the right thing by it. Everyone deserves a chance, and redemption can always be earned.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not like to criticize anyone's play style... I will say we left Vivec to get away from the ball group style of play.. However i blame ZOS for the ball group meta... I believe it has contributed to a marginal pvp population in this game..
    Edited by Durham on December 10, 2017 9:33PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OH! and we had fun teaming up with @Durham and Eaves for some shenanigans. Sorry about jumping the gun on that rez : P
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imma just gonna leave this here.

It takes two to tango.

If you show up in your high-fad disco pumps, hair slicked back, with an italian cut open blazer and chest hair protuding from your open spread collared shirt...no one is going to dance with you.

Shor is about encouraging fights. Lawnmowing people with AOE damage while dumping their frames to single digits is not compelling people to fight you.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

I would have no problem with that, but I don't know about the rest of the guild. We've traditionally not enjoyed structured GvG's because they don't really represent true open world fights. Just like a duel isn't the same as a 1v1 in cyro, as the "best" at dueling is traditionally specced for only dueling (this is a generalization, there are fantastic open world players that are also great at dueling), the same is for an organized GvG, where the "best" at an organized GvG is specced for fighting only another 12-16 man group.

I personally enjoy finding/or going to find another group and having a reaction based fight with there is a threat of other groups or pugs interfering. Its a much more dynamic fight and takes a lot more coordination and situational awareness which I really like.

Fortunately for you Drac also does a lot of open world fights. They're the so called "top dog" among large scale guilds. It would be a challenging battle for you. Make it happen so I and other people can spectate.
    Edited by StaticWave on December 10, 2017 8:12PM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , I'm not so much defending that playstyle as defending playstyles.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Imma just gonna leave this here.

It takes two to tango.

If you show up in your high-fad disco pumps, hair slicked back, with an italian cut open blazer and chest hair protuding from your open spread collared shirt...no one is going to dance with you.

Shor is about encouraging fights. Lawnmowing people with AOE damage while dumping their frames to single digits is not compelling people to fight you.

Preparing for PVP on Shor.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxvBPH4sArQ
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    Jaysin,
    It is obvious you want to frame the facts to meet your narration.

1) TM has not had an Emperor in many months. I am not sure who you beating 2v2 as an Emp. Maybe a prior TM member on Sotha running with DR? Even if not, why is it surprising that two '1vX' players defeated two group spec'd players?

2) As far as I am aware, you have not run with TM while in Shor (and definitely not over the past two weeks). You have no insights there.

3) Which encounter were there 4 destros used against 5 players? It was a long night and the only encounter that comes to mind is the last one when the Vivec queue popped. The background on that encounter was that the group of EP followed the group (as we watched the scroll run) from north of Aleswell all the way to Roe (snipping at the group's tail all the way). 'Everything' was dropped on exit.

Rickter,
    Listing a few '1vX' players' opinions provides little support. From what I witnessed over the years, they do not want organized groups. In regards to Qaevir, my only interaction with him was a few months back (Haderus\Shor) he was complaining that his emp based DK Leaps and his 3 friends were not wiping us at Nikel. As we were on DC, he did not realize who he was sending 'creatively tells to'.

All,
    You may not like that AOE damage is more effective than single target damage (when delivered to a group by a group) but in reviewing the CAMPAIGN as whole over the past week, the populations are up and the map is dynamic. I am sure ZOS prefers this than running a server for a couple of small guilds and a handful of 1vXers.
    Dae - TM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I will also say this 30 Reds runnign together is just as worse.... Sunday nights in shore must be an event night in red or something

But there are no large AD guilds here .... the other two sides put up superior numbers ..... also keep that in mind
    Edited by Durham on December 11, 2017 12:21AM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol thanks man! :)
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On second thought. It's irrelevant. Nevermind
    Edited by Stridig on December 11, 2017 2:12AM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a great night last night. Was only to get 3-4 in group, peaking at 5 very briefly, but had a great time and can never say I felt like I got zerged or contributed to an attrocious zerging.

The fights were decent, from soloing against @W0lf_z13 and @Minno early in the evening to just trying to stay up against @A_G_G_R_O and @Joshlenoir after they basically had their way with the server and triple pulled scrolls.

I have no salt to throw at anyone.

Good to fight you too! I would have stayed longer had my Vivec que not popped (I needed to grind to reward rank 3 for the transmute stones :( ).
    I'll definitely be hitting up Shor more.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual