The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Sure, I do it all the time. The key here really is that you didnt like that someone chased you. Should they have just stopped pursuing you? Dont want to get chased? Dont run. If it had been me, I would have chased you all the way to your gates if thats how far you decided to run. The fight isnt over till there is a victor.

Oh so you're suggesting I stay and fight 6+ people by myself, in open field without LoS?

How are you going to improve, if every time a chance to 1vX comes up, you just run around a tree? SMH.

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I logged in tonight, EP was at 3 bars vs 1-1, triple scroll running, probly stomping AD with their whole faction.
    We had a lot of fun tonight tho, the campaign felt alive for all factions
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    So DeadlyRecluse and Adenoma you can assure us that <Tertiary Meat> had no hand in killing off Sotha Sil and there is no reason to believe theyd do that to Shor considering what a great place several people worked very hard to create, right?

Because from what ive seen so far from their unapologetic forum presence, and the three nights in a row of trampling on players that cant even defend themselves is telling me and everyone different.

@Rickter,

Yes, I can pretty much guarentee you they had nothign to do with that. The narrative on that is pretty well set: CN zerged it down, they left, AD pugzergs stayed (and Kita was a monster emp at the same time the pugzergs hung around).

TM left very quickly after CN did--I think they were already running in Vivec pretty consistently before CN took off, but I could be wrong.

I really don't have a dog in this fight, I have no particular love for TM, and as far as I know they don't have any for me. I find the destroball playstyle boring, both to play as and to fight against. But I don't really think my opinion matters to anybody, so it's all tears in the rain or whatever.

We were actually playing on DC for a cycle after Legion of Norris left to balance out the server to try and save Sotha (True Story). Decided that most wanted to go back to playing AD so we left for Vivec at the end of the campaign. Despite the forum salt I personally don't hold anything against anyone and appreciate everyone who is still passionate enough about this game to throw a little poo back and forth on these forums....even Josh. That being said, we will play where we like, when we like and how we like despite anyone's opinion. It's just what we do.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got home and equipped the new test setup and headed for ash .... got there just as part of Adamant was flipping the flags decieded to "yolo" and leaped into the group on the back flag ... i think i lasted about 20-30 seconds before dying to about 6 AD lol was funny... congrats on emp guys btw ! :)
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on December 12, 2017 1:17PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That being said, we will play where we like, when we like and how we like despite anyone's opinion. It's just what we do.

This attitude is only going to carry you so far in life. And *spoiler alert* it aint gonna be far. I hear you loud and clear and i will drop th subject, but there is always a bigger picture anywhere and in everything you do in life.
    Edited by Rickter on December 12, 2017 2:02PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    This was today, we had six people trying to hold off all the reds at once. They pushed on us at one point and we wiped 16, so they came back with double that number. (there are 20-25 just in the images above, not counting what's no even in the shot). On one hand I feel kind of sorry that they need so many numbers to be effective in a dead campaign (not like vivec where at least you might run into other large groups) but the worst thing is that half the time after they flip emp or get some scrolls half of them vanish back to vivec and the server is dead. Granted, half of this is the reds fault for feeling the need to play like this, but ZoS is the one that creates the environment that this sort of play festers in. I've had some fun fights in shor, some winners, some losers - but at least they were fun; but fights like this where people can just light attack spam from sheer numbers, or flip flags while looking in their inventory AFK, etc. are kind of meh. Shows you how broken the game is in some ways.

But to take it a step further and look at blue - you guys, while this was going on, were seiging Brindle. Does DC realize brindle is an AD keep? Because they always seem to treat it like it should be blue. I always found that funny, but that's beside the point. So red is zerging half a dozen guys at one keep because blue is doing nothing to them, you guys didn't try for your keeps back (maybe once and quit, idk, but we were fighting that zerg in multiple locations on several occasions. If you had continued to push, you probably would have successfully gotten one or two of your keeps back while they were worried about us (and you had more numbers than we did, though I know red had an obnoxious pop.) If a faction is zerging and both other pops don't push back, then that zerg never has a reason to break up and the fighting will get stale.

This to me is by far the biggest threat to Shor. When is the last time EP didn’t get first in this campaign by 1000+ points? Their faction stacking, zerging, night capping, PvDoor all the way to the gates is the real issue. When AD and DC are behind by 1500+ 2 or 3 days into the campaign due to these tactics, what’s the motivation to log into Shor? There is no coming back from that deficit.

And while they usually are a very unorganized group, with a few of the good players from EP backing them up they can literally do anything they want.

jaysins wrote: »
    Yeah, red is on a rampage and playing solo with them I was killing off the stragglers two and three at a time until the zerg turned on me. While trying to fight them at within our tri-keeps I must have been zerged down six times. It's a large group but very unorganized and a good group of 8-10 could most likely take them. I wonder what the EP's that regular Shor are saying to them. When RUIN was doing the same the AD population who are usually on Shor were very up in arms about it as it destroys PVP.

What AD did to RUIN should prove that EP could do something about their playstyle if they cared enough to do so, I think its clear—from how long it’s been an issue—that they don’t care, and are content to PvDoor and win the campaign every week by 1000+
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP’s zergs have not gone ignored. Pages back its been stated repeatedly. The concern hasnt really gone anywhere because no EP representatives are here to argue or work with on the issue. So its accepted as a problem and since everyone agrees, theres no dscussion.

Its an issue, sure, but its the lesser of two evils. Think about it: a zerg is a zerg right? You can take out 3-16 of them before you are overwhelmed. A tight meta focused organized group, you just get mowed down. From that perspective, ill take a zerg any day.

Also, the meta seems exploitative in terms to the player base on shor. Where as a zerg is generally created with players just tagging along with other groups. They arent organized. You can strafe them and kill off te entire back line before they even know whats happening.

Idk im not trying to beat a dead horse, just saying that without an EP representative that can influence the entire faction here in this thread, its something we have to either accept, or take action into our own hands to rectify.

Suggestions?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And no i do not support using te meta against the EP zergs to discourage them. It would only encourage them to run larger or run the meta and leave shor a husk of its former self.

If we cant beat them collectively without use of a cancer meta, we dont deserve to beat them.
    Edited by Rickter on December 12, 2017 4:44PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said it before, all that needed to happen was a tell in game from anybody that is obviously outraged that we exist and we would have worked with that, but some people want to start a thing on the forums, so now here we are.

So you'd rather punish others because you want to punish one individual. my my, you arent helping your cause
    That being said, we will play where we like, when we like and how we like despite anyone's opinion. It's just what we do.

This attitude is only going to carry you so far in life. And *spoiler alert* it aint gonna be far. I hear you loud and clear and i will drop th subject, but there is always a bigger picture anywhere and in everything you do in life.

I'd imagine you have a pretty good view of the big picture from your high horse.

And now back to our coverage of the imaginary war.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it bother you that i can speak from a moral high ground due to my actions? Anyone can. But you have to walk the walk. You just have to do one thing: repent.

You imagine me on a high horse because you know deep down you are doing something that makes you feel lower. Cleanse yourself of that guilt. Be an advocate for something true.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probs would be a much much better server, if it was werewolves only... >:)
    Edited by Chrlynsch on December 12, 2017 7:02PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP’s zergs have not gone ignored.

Its an issue, sure, but its the lesser of two evils.
    Sorry @Rickter but for you to say that after what I saw the other day from EP on the server, makes me think that you didn't really engage them.
    They were, after all, rolling all the AD keeps and running 3 scrolls at once and you were at Brindle.
    Why you chose to attack an AD Brindle when the reds had some of your keeps too, and they were busy locust-swarming down South, I don't know.
    It was by pure chance that I rez'd there and saw you guys, then told the other 2 people we had to ride over.
    From there you know how things went. ;)

And don't kid yourself - this massive red blob uses "the meta" just as much as everyone else.
    And there was an organized group inside that whole mess - the fact that they needed more numbers to achieve whatever goal they had was for different reasons than "they are not organized, they don't use meta".

• Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    And no i do not support using te meta against the EP zergs to discourage them. It would only encourage them to run larger or run the meta and leave shor a husk of its former self.

If we cant beat them collectively without use of a cancer meta, we dont deserve to beat them.

The problem with using the 'cancer meta' against them, is they might start imitating. Currently, while they do faction-stack somewhat frequently, but they aren't running prox-dets and destro-ults effectively or in large numbers. As things stand the local EP pug-herded zerg can generally be defeated with a group of approximately half their size of average but experienced players if they are caught off-guard and not stacked.

If we had realized Adamant and For Real were on the map last night we could have run together and contested that zerg as that would have given us 13-16 players. Predictably we didn't realize who else was there until we were engaged in the mind-numbing chore of taking back home keeps.
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Sure, I do it all the time. The key here really is that you didnt like that someone chased you. Should they have just stopped pursuing you? Dont want to get chased? Dont run. If it had been me, I would have chased you all the way to your gates if thats how far you decided to run. The fight isnt over till there is a victor.

Oh so you're suggesting I stay and fight 6+ people by myself, in open field without LoS?

How are you going to improve, if every time a chance to 1vX comes up, you just run around a tree? SMH.

It's called getting line of sight and shaking off enemies.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    EP’s zergs have not gone ignored.

Its an issue, sure, but its the lesser of two evils.
    Sorry @Rickter but for you to say that after what I saw the other day from EP on the server, makes me think that you didn't really engage them.
    They were, after all, rolling all the AD keeps and running 3 scrolls at once and you were at Brindle.
    Why you chose to attack an AD Brindle when the reds had some of your keeps too, and they were busy locust-swarming down South, I don't know.
    It was by pure chance that I rez'd there and saw you guys, then told the other 2 people we had to ride over.
    From there you know how things went. ;)

And don't kid yourself - this massive red blob uses "the meta" just as much as everyone else.
    And there was an organized group inside that whole mess - the fact that they needed more numbers to achieve whatever goal they had was for different reasons than "they are not organized, they don't use meta".

Im going to tell you why I had my 9 at Brindle and you have to promise to believe me. ready?

we had the quest.

Im not even kidding. It was early in the night and someone got the quest the night before, the map was completely red and we said, why not. notice we never really attempted Brindle again? it was a one time thing? yep. we went for kicks and lost and found fights elsewhere.

And in regards to my post on the EP zergs: what I meant was that several pages back, this was brought up and it was condemned. but there was no EP rep to say anything about it. We still dont know what that group is whehter its <Dreadlords> or not. There are Dreads tags but who is organizing it?

And idk why there's so much concern over Brindle. DC is constantly having to take back Dragonclaw under similar circumstances.

Regardless, Im fighting them right now. Wiped them twice at Ash, once at Nikel, once at Ales, once at DC. And im not getting destro proxy earthgore negate bombed. There are a couple negates but none of the other stuff.

The only destro ive seen all night was from an AD. Just one guy. Sleepyhead i think?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    Tzayad wrote: »
    This to me is by far the biggest threat to Shor. When is the last time EP didn’t get first in this campaign by 1000+ points? Their faction stacking, zerging, night capping, PvDoor all the way to the gates is the real issue. When AD and DC are behind by 1500+ 2 or 3 days into the campaign due to these tactics, what’s the motivation to log into Shor? There is no coming back from that deficit.

And while they usually are a very unorganized group, with a few of the good players from EP backing them up they can literally do anything they want.

So, I had genuinely forgotten there was a faction score until you mentioned it. Do people care about that?

Actually I'm curious, are the other guilds on the campaign motivated by the score mechanic?
    Edited by Takuto on December 13, 2017 5:14AM
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭

It's called getting line of sight and shaking off enemies.

You say toe-may-toe, I say toe-mah-toe. Don't take it seriously, I'm just jabbing you a bit since you were attempting to call out my guildie Wolf. That said, I'm happy to 1v1 you in forum PVP, as I would not want you to accuse Wolf of having had help ;)
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't read what happened, but how can anyone be mad at wolf? Guys a saint
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    I was commenting on the techniques of your group and players, both are relevant and not vastly different than how you play now. It only sounds like an embellishment to you because you're trying to put words in my mouth to discredit me. I said elsewhere it was four maybe five destro ultimate's so you should really read more carefully before making stuff up. Nice try though.
    Edited by jaysins on December 13, 2017 4:50PM
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    Takuto wrote: »
    So, I had genuinely forgotten there was a faction score until you mentioned it. Do people care about that?

Actually I'm curious, are the other guilds on the campaign motivated by the score mechanic?

Maybe me and the people I play with are outliers? But yeah, we care a little bit.

Like last night when all 3 factions were pretty even in score, good fights all around, then the EP zerg logged in and started painting the map red. AD was at a loss, we were getting hit really hard by red not only at Alessia, but in the back field and Fare, and BM. All the while DC was abandoning their own home keeps for some reason (Ales and Dragonclaw were both red) to come and help beat down on AD.

AD was about 50 points in the lead at the start of last night, but when all that started happening, AD started logging off and into their EP characters (I won't name names, you know who you are), or just leaving, making it worse. The AD loyal stuck around and defended our trikeeps for a while, but I had to go to bed. So I assume now that EP just held everything all night, and now the score is too lopsided to be helped. Afraid to see the score when I log on later tonight.

Again, its not a huge deal, but when it's so obvious whats happening, its a little discouraging, and you can tell by the laments in zone chat.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wont be able to raid tonight due to a work outing but i logged on this morning and there was 19 EP just capping everything. I formed a 3 man, and back capped a lot of stuff they had just capped which im sure got frustrating for them. The 3 of us took 4-8 of them every ime we engaged. Most of them didnt even seem like pvpers. Theyd let you kill them off their horse, etc. idk, 67k ap in an hour fifteen minutes, im not complaining.

Yet again: no destros. At all. Lots of mages wrath though!!!
    Edited by Rickter on December 13, 2017 5:07PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tzayad wrote: »
    Like last night when all 3 factions were pretty even in score, good fights all around, then the EP zerg logged in and started painting the map red. AD was at a loss, we were getting hit really hard by red not only at Alessia, but in the back field and Fare, and BM. All the while DC was abandoning their own home keeps for some reason (Ales and Dragonclaw were both red) to come and help beat down on AD.

I'm a nobody in Shor, but I know I was one of 3-4 people defending DC keeps against 20ish EP at that point. After a few rounds of being the single dork on the wall getting swarmed by a group, I logged out.

Shor used to be a lot more fun to tool around in a duo or small guild group (I think the most my guild ever pulled together was 5) - yeah I died a lot but it was open field, or nice long keep battles where you felt like you were accomplishing something. Heck, I even enjoyed getting curb-stomped by better players in a 2v2 at a resource - because it was a fight. That only changed recently, in my opinion - last few weeks - and it makes me not want to bother anymore.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shors pop picked up because they closed xarxes, kastav, and almalexia.

We all knew shor would experience some side effects of this. I understand and agree zergs are not fun, but shor needed an increase in pop imo.

Im going to recap last night from Requiems perspective. Please understand i dont know the whole story: this is just what it looked like from where we were standing:

There was confirmed at least 28 <Dreadlords> running the server at one point prior to 9pm est. this was ongoing since about 8pm and dc wasnt organized. Prior to that, We were experiencing smaller skirmishes on the west side of the map to dethrone @manny254 but by 8:30- EP was essentially having their way with shor. i opened my group to zone chat in order to directly combat that group but even then i only was able to muster 19.

Lacking strong group builds, i resort to zerging. Because im not a good pvper and apparently some people thought i was boasting that at one point...

We push them off ales, off bleakers, and try to use the momentum to hit chalman but it just wasnt enough. That group literally out-zerged my 19. There was more EP in chalman than there were DC hands down.

There didnt seem to be communication amoungst the EP however, because @Joshlenoir ‘s group wasnt working with @Dutchessx ‘s group who wasnt working with <Dreadlords> group yet managed to be all at the same place at the same time. I got called a zergling, which i was at that point, but someone got so pissed he gquit a cross faction guild over it despite participating with the EP at chalman.

After that defeat, DC spirits were broken. The pugs started dropping out of group and some guildies were calling it a night. I could tell the EP groups were trying to distance themselves from one another at one point because all three were on bleakers directly after but josh and GoS moved away to leave dreads to die miserably. Ales was hit and sacked, then boom, we got a fight at Warden. I had 11 at this point, still being called a zergling, and defended warden against GoS who reported they only had 8 but it looked like more. I cant confirm so we’ll take their word. That was a really good fight. They came back and low and behold, we got another ep group there as well and two walls of warden were being sieged. But there seemed to be some confusion, because on wall stopped being sieged, and then more DC started to show because i mean, its WARDEN, and then GoS was zerged down and josh was pushed to the mine? Idk i logged out after the walls were repaired.

So let me ask you: what was the focus on DC? All we had was warden, glade, rayles and bleakers yet our gate keep gets attacked on two fronts?

Were there any AD online at this point? (9:30ish pm +)
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We started out in shor (probably ran in there from 8-9), but only had 2-3. After I hit 21 EP (probably counting sorc pets but still) with single skoria proc, we bounced.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭

We started out in shor (probably ran in there from 8-9), but only had 2-3. After I hit 21 EP (probably counting sorc pets but still) with single skoria proc, we bounced.

We logged around the same time ~8:45, we had a hard time putting together a group and were running 3-5. After getting rolled and t-bagged by the dread-zerg at Alessia following a valiant (but unsuccessful) 3v20 defense we decided that it was probably time to call it a night.
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭

That's around the time I was talking about AD getting pounded by EP. Taking into consideration your account of the night, how many damn EP zerglings are there?!
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say that while we were defending Warden, Alessia had red and yellow crossed swords. Yes. We were astonished as well.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im startin to think we should have kept Mojican on the throne.... he could have busted up that group many times over....
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if I'd had a few more we probably would have given it the old college try, but there just not a ton of fun to be had getting 1-2 kills and getting rinsed by 10x our numbers (and getting bagged for the effort). 6-8 could have been fun, or at least done some flanking/delaying actions.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im startin to think we should have kept Mojican on the throne.... he could have busted up that group many times over....

Just to be clear, @Rickter - we weren't on when the dethrone happened...