Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Takuto when we got on around 815 or 830 C it was actually an EP emp...we didn't see much of any of the 2 bars of DC or EP over a half hour or so, PVDoored Roe back for the dethrone. Assumed it was PVErs in the sewers or something, went down there and didn't find much down there either. Came back up, easily wiped an EP zerg PVDooring Alessia but our Viv queue popped right then.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    In Norse mythology, small mans would worship Tyr as the god of single combat and large scalers would worship Thor, the god of war.

I'm relatively certain most of AD would worship Hod, a blind dude who occasionally kills someone with a bow.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all!

Long time Had/Shor player in AD and just found this thread about a week ago, and surprised to see so many familiar names in here!

I can usually be found either running with my partner in a 2man group, leading a small group of PUGs, or tagging along with another small group generally being an annoyance in the grand scheme of things.

Looking forward to this week of fights, see you all out there!
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Tried again Sunday night, and it was 1 bar AD to 2 DC and EP...but couldn't freaking find 'em. EP had emp when we got there but it didn't seem very defended, almost a PVDOOR dethrone...emp flippers? Anyway we left after about a half hour of killing a few here and there and wondering where everyone was.

This has happened a couple times for us as well. 2 bars for all factions and our group of 6-8 almost pvdoored dethrone.
    I mean, I've seen 1 bars much more active than that. And I really doubt they were all in IC, I've been in there this week and it's pretty dead. You are lucky if there is 2-3 not in your faction in there.

Would it be so hard to replace the inaccurate bars by actual numbers?
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    This. And also separate IC numbers from Cyrodiil proper. I know the numbers are very fluid but just rounded to nearest 10 would be helpful, update every few minutes.

• PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly guys, and not to pick on you here but AD is in fact the main culprit here, but we cant all be 1vX small man heroes. Like, its getting to the point where im scared to engage certain players because of the drama and exposing it might cause. But if i dont fight them keeps get burst or i have my group ganked. I try and respect you know, the one guy out there trying to gank/duel but honestly, all of AD is some small man youtube commandos. Smiff had a 5 man group and while i appreciate them taking 2/3 resources around keeps as to not obnoxiously cut off keeps, i dont appreciate the pressure they try and put on say, my group so that when we engage them and run them off, we get [snip] on because we “zerged” them. I dont think its fair to demand i split my group up and force them into small man groups whn they arent that kind of player. @DeadlyRecluse kinda touched up on this topic a while back in that we dont know when small man pvp became the more respectable and better pvp over anything else but the judement needs to stop. Not all of us want to play in groups of 6 or less and thats not what Shor was supposed to be. It was supposed to be MEDIUM SCALE HEAVEN as per the old Haderus. To me thats groups of 8-12. But if youre caught in a group of 12 you get called a zergling. No one in my group is expected to be a 1vX champion. I was told Shor would never be a comptitive server and its laughed at even to today. Yet everyone has their opinion on what competitive players should be. Youre on the wrong campaign.

We've been getting the same whining from some newer additions to DC/Shor recently. I'd almost believe that dueling was broken and we were getting an influx of wayshrine black knights from the PvE zones.
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as people realize they are winning with numbers And not perpetuating myths of how they outplayed small scalers and solo players with superior numbers, I’m sure they won’t mind.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh for sure @A_G_G_R_O im not trying to pretend here. I never said Requiem was some elite min/maxed PK squad. All i've ever said about Req is that we stick to a code of conduct and try and play clean.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter TBH the games on its last legs unless something else miraculous for the pvp scene [occurs], no sense of walking on egg shells now, if you see enemies just put em to the blade.
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on November 28, 2017 3:47AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah man, i dont want to run off competition. We had some real good fights at alessia today and couple of 1vXers probably had the delight of their lives picking off the Req v Dread fight.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nah man, i dont want to run off competition. We had some real good fights at alessia today and couple of 1vXers probably had the delight of their lives picking off the Req v Dread fight.

Hey bud don’t take it the wrong way we enjoy fighting your group. I mean we’re engaging you, there is no reason for us to get salty. Anyway gf’s out there bud.
    Smiff
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey bud don’t take it the wrong way we enjoy fighting your group. I mean we’re engaging you, there is no reason for us to get salty. Anyway gf’s out there bud.

thanks smiff. that means a lot coming from you. And just know that no one in Requiem is saying "aw yeah we just effed those guys up!" its more of a solemn, "man finally we were able to get them out of that tower!" We know we're not traveling light. It's not fun for us anymore than it is for a zerged down small scaler. Sometimes we feel pressured into engaging, but truly, I would much rather take my group when it gets as big as it does and engage the EP offering. Maybe when we're running more lean some nights (because those days are inevitable) we'll form up and give it some proper small scale treatment :)

Speaking of which, the Dreadlords group that pushed us at Alessia - I want to give props to: In no way did we feel superior or that the fight was "easy" - ya'll came in with all the fury and it was solid fights.

I do want to throw out there is was a 20.2k Defense Tick :trollface:

lol but seriously guys, great fights.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I want to be in your comms when we’re fighting each other. That would be amazing.
    Smiff
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I want to be in your comms when we’re fighting each other. That would be amazing.

You'd think you were re-watching Disney's Frozen

"Let em gooo, let em gooo!!"

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You'd think you were re-watching Disney's Frozen

"Let em gooo, let em gooo!!"

Hahahahaha
    Smiff
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Tried again Sunday night, and it was 1 bar AD to 2 DC and EP...but couldn't freaking find 'em. EP had emp when we got there but it didn't seem very defended, almost a PVDOOR dethrone...emp flippers? Anyway we left after about a half hour of killing a few here and there and wondering where everyone was.

This has happened a couple times for us as well. 2 bars for all factions and our group of 6-8 almost pvdoored dethrone.
    I mean, I've seen 1 bars much more active than that. And I really doubt they were all in IC, I've been in there this week and it's pretty dead. You are lucky if there is 2-3 not in your faction in there.

Technically not hard, but it would be a PR nightmare. People would start graphing nightly player counts, forecasting the death of the game, and all the other fun things that people do when they have some numbers to play with, and no means of correlating them to meaningful outcomes :)
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No meme?
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

Technically not hard, but it would be a PR nightmare. People would start graphing nightly player counts, forecasting the death of the game, and all the other fun things that people do when they have some numbers to play with, and no means of correlating them to meaningful outcomes :)

Ah yes that might be it. Had it been that way from the start, we would have seen that there was 600 players/faction at launch and nowadays, we're lucky in we get 30-40. We're not dumb tho, we can all see PvP is dying. :disappointed:
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're not dumb tho, we can all see PvP is dying. :disappointed:

Really? you think so?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely so
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it's far from dead, but to have the number of campaigns reduced repeatedly throughout the years AND the number of players allowed in each campaign reduced, AND have lower population in those campaigns as time goes makes it hard to argue that it isn't, at least slowly, dying.

The real question is what degree of deadness is "dead-dead" for you personally, and will it reach that soon--or years from now?
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    No meme?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDv52l6n69lAHqmWiYl0n8Cvy1uHXCBM1tYqTCB4LlQzP-TK46hw
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on the Hopesfire campaign at launch and I can attest it was a dead campaign.

this was at launch. No i dont think pvp is dying. I think the game population leveled out. Just like every single mmorpg ever created, the hype brings in thousands of players, then many quit after their first free month ran out. Just this past month i had 12 registrations to my website almost all of which are brand new pvpers. There is still tremendous interest in pvp for this game.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the Hopesfire campaign at launch and I can attest it was a dead campaign.

this was at launch. No i dont think pvp is dying. I think the game population leveled out. Just like every single mmorpg ever created, the hype brings in thousands of players, then many quit after their first free month ran out. Just this past month i had 12 registrations to my website almost all of which are brand new pvpers. There is still tremendous interest in pvp for this game.

Don't you know? Every game ever is always "dying," "On its last leg," etc... /s

I feel like the game is in a good spot. Fix the lag, performance, and bugs (which despite the ad nauseam complaning, they are actually working on) , and I can only see things getting better. Just the last few weeks/months Shor's population has been booming (for better or worse). There will always be the doomsayers crying the downfall of this game, and every other game for eternity.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall anybody saying the game is dying. Only PvP.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you are right, there is great interest. I am in some non pvp guilds, and I talk some people into pvping, but they join a campaign and often get treated poorly for one reason or another and they don't want to come back. Im not talking they are getting killed, I'm talking people killing them and then sending them nasty tells, etc.

If pvp dies, IMHO it will be in part because the pvp community chose to kill it.
    You always have to bring in new blood, get new people interested, but it seems many pvp players HATE that anyone new might pvp. Nothing new to ESO, Its the same in every game that I have pvped in.

An aside, Monday night we got our what I think is our first hate tells on Shor.
    Our group was 5 to 6 people, EP had 2 bars, so we took some red keeps looking for a fight, mostly felt like we were pvDooring, then fought some at the bridge. Some great AD players were behind us now and then engaging. We looked at the map and DC had emp with all 6 keeps, we didn't want to beat anyone back to their gates, but we did want to find a good fight.

So we went and took a Fargeyl Lumber RSS hoping some of the AD players we saw earlier would come and fight us. We were 5 at this time, a group of AD came, and one died, and that person sent tells to the member who struck the killing blow saying were were a zerg, and zergbads etc. Meanwhile we picked another guildie up and our two groups fought for about 15 or so mins, a good fight, a stalemate, that person sending tells the whole time. We finally decided it was boring and to do a trial and deathported.

I get that Shor wants small groups, but calling us a Zerg when we are 5 to 6 people is ridiculous. If it is too much work to have fun on a campaign people will leave it. I personally want to run with my guildies and friends, and we won't always have a perfect group make up or perfect number. I don't want to tell people that they can't run with us because we already have 6, or we aleady have 3 healers etc. People join guilds to group with their guilds, esp newer players. When our group is larger and we encounter a small group or one person I stand back and let the fight be more even, as do some other members of the group usually. I think that we are making an effort to fit the Shor Mindset, and what you have tried to build.
    Edited by Hexquisite on November 29, 2017 6:14PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can officially say there was ZERO small scale on Shor last night

lulz
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We jumped into sotha last night because was all red except for gatekeeps. Pretty much no good fights all night, despite doing intentionally ridiculous things (took 2nd to last emp keep while carrying a scroll, etc.). Got to last emp keep, saw that there was a good 40 AD there...and maybe 12 defenders (one being emp, but still).

Hopped into Shor for the last 30 minutes of our raid. Had like 3 really solid fights.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we saw you and TM around brk and we got sandwiched between ep and ad. I had two ep dragon leaps and one ad meteor on my death recount at one point
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't really play Shor Cyrodiil often, as it tends to be very red all the time. But last night I spent all my time in Shor IC, because DC and AD were fielding massive groups in there.

At one point DC was spawn camping for 1-3 players at a time. I ended up getting 3 other friends by the end of it, with 1 random EP following us and we finally wiped both the DC and the AD zerg at the same time.

IC is for the most part "dead", but if you play EP on PC/NA you can get pretty reliable outnumbered fights there on Vivec/Shor most nights. It's the one boon given to EP players that like to be outnumbered, but can't seem to ever escape other EP in Cyrodiil. Last night was probably the silliest I've seen IC in recent days though, in terms of number of players.
    The Age of Wrobel.