Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RnlXSGX.gif
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I honestly cant believe the defense for a playstyle not a single person enjoys, condones or supports on this server.

you had 12, we had 16. stop acting like you were so overwhelmed that you had to destro bomb us. That's no better than the "we had to zerg you down" mentality.

That's a bad argument and you know it. 16 people attack from stealth with ultimates, and the 12 man responds with ultimates, but the 12 man is bad because their ultimates are bad and they should feel bad....? There isn't a Geneva convention for Cyrodiil. No "Appropriate Force" clauses. We came looking for a zerg with the tools to fight a zerg, and you got caught up in that fight. It happens.

I've seen less salt about emp flipping and weekend zergs of 30+ in this thread, but we bring 12 people into the server when the POP BARS THAT INDICATE SERVER POPULATION show a HIGH population of enemy factions and all of a sudden it's worse than snow after Easter.

We don't push emp, don't take scrolls, and actively avoid emp keeps when AD is getting close. But we are terrible people because of the skills we chose to put on our bars.
    Marek
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not that you are bad people. Or anything like that. Its not that you arent wanted, or if I even had the right to make that call.

The entire point is: Shor has existed for some, 6-8 months now? I cant remember. . . anyways, without a single group utilizing what your group did last night.

There is a subculture on every server. Vivec has one, Sotha damn sure had one, Shor has one. And Shor's errs on the side of basically what I'm saying. Generally groups dont run more than say, 1-2 destros if any at all. Yes requiem has been running 16 recently, and we try and engage EP's 18-24 and leave the small mans do their thing as well. EP, with all their numbers dont destro train, no one destro trains!

thats the point. Shor is a non-competitive server of people that dont want that kind of meta. Stop making this a Rickter thing. Take a step back and see that there is an entire community involved.

Tell me what you think will happen if you main on Shor and continue to disregard the existing ecosystem. this is what I mean, I guarantee you didnt even think about your influence on the server. Because to you, it was probably just a one off Shor night.

I dont want to fight guys. I dont want a blood feud. And I dont know why its so hard to take a step back and see that your playstyle is so competitive, it would dominate the landscape and mold it into another Vivec. Then everything about Shor was for nothing.

Or, you can do what I mailed you about. Loosen up the Vivec meta, and come in with for fun builds, trying new things, taking risks and having fun casual pvp.

Or not. but there are consequences to everything. Whether you want to admit it or not. You run off the competition and say "oh, they just refused to adapt, like scrubs" - then complain when "pvp is dying"

THINK about it.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is @Rickter getting TM ball grouped on the forums, dying to metaphorical forum destro ults.... You can’t LoS on the forums....

#outplayed
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can promise you the "Vivec meta" isn't ball groups. It's 50 man zergs running from keep to keep with 2-3 ball groups (total, not per faction) trying to kill them.

As to the consequences of us playing on Shor 2 nights a week when our group is forming? Obviously its pages and pages of entertaining forum drama that we all come here to enjoy. So we'll either see you in Shor again or we won't. But maybe people should consider that TM was originally The Elder Trolls (emphasis on the "trolls"), and the majority of our PvP existence has been thriving off of the "where can we go to get the biggest response" motto. Apparently that place is Shor up around the Chalman/Bleakers gate with 12 people....
    Marek
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm mmmm saw TM and the good ole boys take ash whilst 13 blues spent 3 minutes trying to kill Lord Kita, Baron Van, and myself in a tower. If only they had camped their siege and avoided the tower. Gettin a taste of some of that AD medium scale.....

It’s not cheese....
    It’s not numbers....
    It’s..... getting.....

#OUTPLAYED

Kek
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, Marek. I tried getting through to you.

as to the community: I dont want to hear anyone complain about Destro bombing groups on Shor when they do appear. You'll run <Ruin Gaming> off the server but give TM a pass. Cool. Good ol boys indeed.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    So anyone want to help me get some fish tonight for the angler title in Shor? I’m looking for some fishin buddies.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not giving TM a pass, but why argue against the meta @Rickter . After all I have been enlightened by such illustrious pvpers that this whole time we were getting outplayed. In fact, ruin gaming was outplaying the server, and I retract all prior complaints.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    I’m not giving TM a pass, but why argue against the meta @Rickter . After all I have been enlightened by such illustrious pvpers that this whole time we were getting outplayed. In fact, ruin gaming was outplaying the server, and I retract all prior complaints.

actually, you and Josh were really the only ones that stepped up and spoke out somewhat on my side of the argument. Ironically right? The campaign killers fighting the fight to maintain campaign life cycle.

So for that, thank you for fighting the good fight. I'll fish with you any day.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you might be outplaying the meme. But at this point, who knows who's outplaying what anymore. Maybe we should all try outplaying each other with friendship.
    Marek
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outplayception
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PenguinInACan , I think there's a lot of L2P with folks who are trying to outplay with friendship.
    Edited by Adenoma on November 30, 2017 9:01PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like everyone to pause, and go convince serjustin19 on his thread that he should come to PC NA as we need his enthusiasm. For the health of the campaign.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like everyone to pause, and go convince serjustin19 on his thread that he should come to PC NA as we need his enthusiasm. For the health of the campaign.

And for the health.. of our hearts. :)<3
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serjustin19 is my spirit animal
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would never say that AD are just squishy speed bumps.
    IMHO opinion AD has the best players, and small groups on Shor. Players that people I group with, love to go against.

Our group was 5 - 12 last night, and not one negate, and just one destro ult, because we weren't running an organized group, just having fun, weren't even in discord til the very last 10 mins.

Most of our fights were pretty even, we won some, we lost some, that Werewolf group got us a couple times, we got them as well. They were fun!

We also tried to stay on the opposite side of the map from Requiem. Our goal was to keep EP from steamrolling to Emp. Sometimes it was just us against 20 - 30 EP, sometimes randoms showed up. Once we ended up in the same place as Requiem (in my time in the group)

I was super surprised when we met the AD ult bomb group, as it is the first time I have seen any AD on Shor use this strategy. AD on Shor have some very tight groups, who shine in all the individual classes and skills. And as a healer, I have noticed one of the best AD guilds, not attacking me personally when our group is outnumbered, and more or less dueling. So it was a surprise.

I am not against that playstyle, a couple guilds I run with on VIvec counter it beautifully...But I do find it boring. So I logged and went to Vivec where I can make twice the AP doing the same thing. Because if it is going to be that kind of night, I might as well at least get a ton of AP out of it. I like Shor because of the non meta fights.

Perhaps one day we can have a 4 man tourney on Shor, that might be fun:)

P.S. @Rickter I appreciate the work you put into the campaign to keep it healthy
    Edited by Hexquisite on November 30, 2017 11:48PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »
    P.S. @Rickter I appreciate the work you put into the campaign to keep it healthy

Thanks man. I appreciate, your appreciation.

And speaking of, those that know me will find this saying familiar: "Lead from the front" - and that's what I do. Regardless of the impact, all you can do is your best. And sometimes, all it takes is you to stand your ground, and walk the walk:

Screenshot_20171130_221243.jpg

Maybe there wasnt a lot of an impact with my words tonight, but at least I said something. At least I took action where I had control. That's all I ever ask.

I know the white knight and righteousness gets old, and I know you all roll your eyes at me on these forums, but seriously, I'm 31 years old and have very little patience for competitive lifestyles. There is a bigger picture to everything in your lives and when you gaze past what's immediate, you find your core, and what is most important to you. For me, this game has done a lot. I met the love of my life and we are getting married this December. I have a great guild and we have a lot of fun. If i come on here strongly or passionately, it's because that is me, all or nothing. Im not trying to make enemies. I get carried away. Im human. But I really do care about the community of Shor.

FWIW.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just left after meeting little resistance at Arrius. A little more than Faergyl but not enough to go around.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter congrats on the wedding!
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Hey thanks bud. Shes my soul mate. And the best damn raid healer i know ;)
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We were in for an hour, defended a few things, had a few minor skirmishes, but after emping (around 8:45) it seemed pretty dead so we dipped. Sorry to have missed the fun.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Hey thanks bud. Shes my soul mate. And the best damn raid healer i know ;)

Is she hot?
    Smiff
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We were in for an hour, defended a few things, had a few minor skirmishes, but after emping (around 8:45) it seemed pretty dead so we dipped. Sorry to have missed the fun.

We did the same and went to Vivec.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s pretty much what happened when DC Emped an hour or 2 later. Guess this is why Shor is becoming an emp flip campaign
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    That’s pretty much what happened when DC Emped an hour or 2 later. Guess this is why Shor is becoming an emp flip campaign

The disappointing thing (for us last night) is we had one AWESOME fight to start the night...and never saw that group again.

The defenses we ran to (flagged or resource locked keeps) had 1-3 people at them tops. At least flipping back resources is decent AP, so you don't feel like you've completely wasted the time it takes to check them out.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is she hot?

As beautiful as the the moon on a fall night, crowned with a wreath of stars. As soft as a rose pedal resting on freshly fallen snow. And yet, as fiery as burning white hot fire.
    Edited by Rickter on December 1, 2017 3:56PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when we logged onto Shor, there was a group of 15 AD (including emp) "defending". Requiem had a group of 7 (cuz everyone has 12 alts and wants free stuff) and I think PUGz had 2 + some pick ups and the Phoenix Battalion guy was trying to get a group together in zone (pictured above) for. . . something that I still dont understand. Between that, we completely decimated these guys. I almost felt bad for them. I told Brookus they needed to come back from Vivec and help these guys. After three absolute defeats, the AD disappeared and DC capped Roe, Alessia, BRK for the crown.

There was no EP which is the strangest part of the whole story. Its almost like, TM already ran off some of the competition but I'm willing to say it was due to the mystery box giveaway as well. Hence my plea to /zone to leave tri keeps alone. But you know, them goofy Phoenix Battalion guys. . .
    Edited by Rickter on December 1, 2017 3:32PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭

Screenshot_20171130_221243.jpg

Maybe there wasnt a lot of an impact with my words tonight, but at least I said something. At least I took action where I had control. That's all I ever ask.

I appreciated this last night, AD had maybe 4-5 people total in the campaign when I was on, and EP was destroying our tri-keeps with a fairly sizable group (10+). Me and my duo tried our best to defend our tri-keeps but it was hopeless odds.

Then, as if sent from above, a group of DC came, led by Nazbel to help us squash the EP zerg. Well, all that ended up doing is making the EP numbers swell even further to 20+ assaulting our tri-keeps. My duo and I ended up getting frustrated and logging shortly after EP wiped us and the DC group trying to help us.

So know that your words did carry weight with the DC, and they did their best to be honorable. EP on the other hand….
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    If my projects for work do not get in the way I will log on and help cull the herd on shor.