The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Word on the street was relogging granted the emp bonus, but I didn't test it personally and can't attest to the truth of it. Maybe as long as you didn't log out you didn't lose it, either?

I didn't have emp health bonus on AD during our emp reign but didn't bother to relog.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    DK is back, too back some would say.

:lol: SO Back!
    Durham wrote: »
    RIckter we have not fought Req. yet with our full group setup we have only had it up and running for about 2 hours the last 2 nights with 6 players. We actually have ran into you guys up at Chalman with 3 we were holding the mine .... hopefully after the holidays we can run6- 8 people with our healing back up the levels it was during the summer so we can have some good fights ... Our Guilds prime time is 7pm to 9pm est... After 9pm things drop off quickly for us

Hey @Durham yeah man I havent led any raids for Req since Wednesday. Thanksgiving and all. But Im always eager to log into the game and you can expect to have the raids going come monday. Looking forward to seeing you guys!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well.... first time gettin tbagged in shor.... was by an ep member... will not name names though
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just some fun fights in Shor during this Thanksgiving week, trying to do a bit more solo activity to get better, occasionally ill find myself in with others though

[ editing ]
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on November 25, 2017 7:09PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    just some fun fights in Shor during this Thanksgiving week, trying to do a bit more solo activity to get better, occasionally ill find myself in with others though

https://youtu.be/nSNP2caXZ8o

Man; I have an ultra wide but Youtube just scales this down into a box for some reason. Hard to watch
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

https://youtu.be/nSNP2caXZ8o

Man; I have an ultra wide but Youtube just scales this down into a box for some reason. Hard to watch

Same for me, couldn't see much.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm ill see if i can fix it

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be an option for resolution on YouTube. Looks like it’s taking your ultrawide and scaling it to 1080p
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be an option for resolution on YouTube. Looks like it’s taking your ultrawide and scaling it to 1080p

it was in the program i used, changed it to widescreen so hopefully SHOULD work lol

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farmers. Farmers everywhere.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not been PvPing lately due to work but I am back now !!! Shore was a great place for a 3 to 6 man group.... Last night I saw basically half battle to full battle group guilds on there last night ... It was frustrating we ended up with 160k for the night but we were zerged down everywhere by superior numbers and I mean 3X our number we never exceeded 4 people.. .... I really do not wish that Shore become a smaller version of Vevic ..... We tried running with some of the disorganized groups of AD but they just attracted the larger
    groups ... We tried to go to opposite side of the map to find smaller fights but it was no use everyone on the map seemed to be Chalman :(
    I'm not totally sure the size of the largest yellow group on the map .. We tried to stay away from large groups of yellow most of the time.... The small Yellow but old guild of For Real seemed to be in the same situation as us last night!

Rickter I noticed Requiem has grown ..You guys ran smaller at one time .... You have been the biggest proponent of this server and I can see why people flock to your guild... I'm not sure how big your group was but it was much larger then I remember... How many people were you actually running last night? Does Dead Wait need to grow some? We have had a rough time with recruitment actually because the people we get tend to be hard for us to relate to or have some type of issues with hehe or maybe we have the mental issues :)

There was a RED GUILD that looked to be running a full Raid Group why I have no idea !! A good solid 12 would be more then enough !! Break your group into 2 groups and you will change the map :)

I really do not want to see some of these huge frustrated guilds from Vevic come here and setup ... please be careful with these group sizes... I know of a few Yellow guilds that would come here if larger setups start to take over I do not want that .....currently some of them are just here part time .....

We have all been apart of large guilds on this server most of us have left those types of setups ... Dead Wait is about 12 members strong with 6-8 on every night not for very long however ..... We have not lost a single member now in 1 year, we do not recruit because that has not been very successful. Some of us have gamed with each other for 15 years now ...(4) The rest of us have game together for 3 years we are pretty close group.. Shore has been a blessing for our small casual PVP guild in the past...

You got zerged down? I think you meant you were "outplayed" kind sir.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shor has the potential to be a good campaign but unfortunately people only go there when they are waiting for Vivec queue, or when they want to grind for emp. As for more gameplay and less lag, I believe large guilds should split up their players into 2 or 3 groups of 10 players and spread out. This will make sure there is enough action across the map instead of the current scene we see now where the only action you can find is at 1 spot on the map, and it's mostly ZvZ.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Which leads me to this question: If you all were in my shoes, how would you handle this issue? That's a legitimate invitation for constructive opinions. I respect most everyone's opinions in this thread and I promise to take it to heart. I think ive long windedly painted a precise picture of what Requiem is, you should go by that.

I think you should split your group up into 2 smaller groups of 8-10 players, or even 12 if that's what you want. That size is not too far from a large scale group, nor too close to a small scale one. Then find someone in your guild who you think has the potential to lead a group and make him crown for your 2nd group. Splitting up this way gives you more gameplay diversity and tactics. For example you can use the Divide and Conquer strategy and send 1 group to flag Roe while the other takes Ash, or have 1 group flag an EP keep while the other flags an AD one. It will also help individual members skill-wise since they'll have to work harder to achieve the same goal.
    Edited by StaticWave on November 26, 2017 11:22AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Hey thanks Brookus, this was in fact exactly what was proposed last night internally. My reservations is that this "hitsquad" gets too exclusive. Because i've literally seen that happen with Regiment last year.

It won't get too exclusive if you shuffle members of your squads to make sure they all know each other's play style and know how to cooperate regardless of whom they are grouped with. I understand the more players you have the longer it takes to know everyone's play style, but it can be done and I think it will ultimately help your guild.
    Edited by StaticWave on November 26, 2017 11:13AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    I have not been PvPing lately due to work but I am back now !!! Shore was a great place for a 3 to 6 man group.... Last night I saw basically half battle to full battle group guilds on there last night ... It was frustrating we ended up with 160k for the night but we were zerged down everywhere by superior numbers and I mean 3X our number we never exceeded 4 people.. .... I really do not wish that Shore become a smaller version of Vevic ..... We tried running with some of the disorganized groups of AD but they just attracted the larger
    groups ... We tried to go to opposite side of the map to find smaller fights but it was no use everyone on the map seemed to be Chalman :(
    I'm not totally sure the size of the largest yellow group on the map .. We tried to stay away from large groups of yellow most of the time.... The small Yellow but old guild of For Real seemed to be in the same situation as us last night!

Rickter I noticed Requiem has grown ..You guys ran smaller at one time .... You have been the biggest proponent of this server and I can see why people flock to your guild... I'm not sure how big your group was but it was much larger then I remember... How many people were you actually running last night? Does Dead Wait need to grow some? We have had a rough time with recruitment actually because the people we get tend to be hard for us to relate to or have some type of issues with hehe or maybe we have the mental issues :)

There was a RED GUILD that looked to be running a full Raid Group why I have no idea !! A good solid 12 would be more then enough !! Break your group into 2 groups and you will change the map :)

I really do not want to see some of these huge frustrated guilds from Vevic come here and setup ... please be careful with these group sizes... I know of a few Yellow guilds that would come here if larger setups start to take over I do not want that .....currently some of them are just here part time .....

We have all been apart of large guilds on this server most of us have left those types of setups ... Dead Wait is about 12 members strong with 6-8 on every night not for very long however ..... We have not lost a single member now in 1 year, we do not recruit because that has not been very successful. Some of us have gamed with each other for 15 years now ...(4) The rest of us have game together for 3 years we are pretty close group.. Shore has been a blessing for our small casual PVP guild in the past...

getting zerged never means outplayed lol ... _____> Vevic is that way !!!
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :)
    Edited by Durham on November 26, 2017 7:26PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

getting zerged never means outplayed lol ... _____> Vevic is that way !!!

I think this is becoming an inside joke.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Large groups can outplay small groups. Thinking that number mismatches make that impossible is silly. It's just the fallacy du jour.

And as a (now less than super active) GM, it's hard to do avoid that preferred group situation, @Rickter . I recommend against splitting unless you can shuffle people around in a socially accepted manner. Even then, shuffling is a huge pain in the butt and works out better in theory than practice.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 Glad to see you soloing and improving, the best way to improve individually is to play small, less room for error, teaches you sustain and burst... And tighter coms and killing players without having to crutch on the “R” key
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13 Glad to see you soloing and improving, the best way to improve individually is to play small, less room for error, teaches you sustain and burst... And tighter coms and killing players without having to crutch on the “R” key

thanks man, yeah soloing is def alot trickier than being in a group of any size , 1 error = death .... but def having fun

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL so red is running a a huge zerg more then a battle group right now on Shore ... Vivec style when no other group running more then 10 hehe.. I think its Dreadlords lol

Running 50 people together with emp thank you for ruining the server this fine sunday ...with those number you really should try vivec :)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still boxed in but a little bigger.

Sorry I wasn't much help a bit ago after we took the resource. I had decided to just call it a night when I ran out of food midway through the capture and I saw you fighting a bit late. Looked like the 2nd guy might have been standing back not intervening allowing a 1v1 so maybe I shouldn't have but I got myself killed pretty quickly. At least got me back to logout quickly.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still boxed in but a little bigger.

Sorry I wasn't much help a bit ago after we took the resource. I had decided to just call it a night when I ran out of food midway through the capture and I saw you fighting a bit late. Looked like the 2nd guy might have been standing back not intervening allowing a 1v1 so maybe I shouldn't have but I got myself killed pretty quickly. At least got me back to logout quickly.

no worries man!

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Durham you got zerged down by a 50 man with emp? How many of them pressed R then held down the W key all the way to you? Or did they hit R and spam lotus fan? Sounds like you were getting outplayed 50 v 1.

Were you not properly doing a dodge roll block weave to avoid the snipes and counter blocking cliff racer spam? Smh outplayed.....
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on November 27, 2017 5:36AM
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor was pretty fun on Saturday. I was in an AD guild group that went there while waiting for proper numbers and group composition to form up for vivec...and it turned out to be so lit and fun we ended up staying all night.

Tried again Sunday night, and it was 1 bar AD to 2 DC and EP...but couldn't freaking find 'em. EP had emp when we got there but it didn't seem very defended, almost a PVDOOR dethrone...emp flippers? Anyway we left after about a half hour of killing a few here and there and wondering where everyone was.

Shor seems to be really hit or miss in my experiences on AD and EP. It seems like often the factions are strong at different times but rarely at the same time except on weekends. But my experience is a bit limited in there.

@Rickter I would advise against splitting your group. It's going to be a pain in the butt to manage for all the reasons people have mentioned. Honestly, esp if you are getting a lot of zone pugs, it'll slowly attrit back down in a month or two and you'll be glad you didn't mess with it.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Durham you got zerged down by a 50 man with emp? How many of them pressed R then held down the W key all the way to you? Or did they hit R and spam lotus fan? Sounds like you were getting outplayed 50 v 1.

Were you not properly doing a dodge roll block weave to avoid the snipes and counter blocking cliff racer spam? Smh outplayed.....

More like 50 vs 6 ... but yea very very outplayed ... that same group we killed when it was 12-14 v. 6 but then they brought in the zerg .. It was crazy we even started to lag when they brought the doors down...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Shor was pretty fun on Saturday. I was in an AD guild group that went there while waiting for proper numbers and group composition to form up for vivec...and it turned out to be so lit and fun we ended up staying all night.

Tried again Sunday night, and it was 1 bar AD to 2 DC and EP...but couldn't freaking find 'em. EP had emp when we got their but it didn't seem very defended, almost a PVDOOR dethrone...emp flippers? Anyway we left after about a half hour of killing a few here and there and wondering where everyone was.

Shor seems to be really hit or miss in my experiences on AD and EP. It seems like often the factions are strong at different times but rarely at the same time except on weekends. But my experience is a bit limited in there.

@Rickter I would advise against splitting your group. It's going to be a pain in the butt to manage for all the reasons people have mentioned. Honestly, esp if you are getting a lot of zone pugs, it'll slowly attrit back down in a month or two and you'll be glad you didn't mess with it.

The state of the campaign on Sunday was mostly our fault. We (Dead Wait) emped Sunday afternoon with a group of ~8, we curb stomped the local red zerg guild several times that afternoon because they were out of there element with only 8-12 players. They came back that night angry, which was what we had intended. Sadly, while we expected they'd bring several times our numbers, we failed to anticipate how absurd the 'dread zerg' would be. We expected they would pull in enough to outnumber us 2 or 3 to one, but ended up being outnumbered 5 to 1. They ended up zerging the map (groups that size only really get AP from keep takes anyway), while nearly everyone on AD side logged.

I really wish we had emped Eaves' main (a bomb blade), rather than his stam warden, it would have been a much more interesting night. A stacked up zerg group of that size against a emperor bomb blade would have been a thing of beauty.

Edited by Takuto on November 27, 2017 7:19PM
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ended up next to Eaves a few times on Sunday afternoon looking for fights...the splash damage off of his executioner was putting the next flag mob into execute when clearing resource flags lol.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks for the replies @StaticWave and @pzschrek i think we have a good plan on how to move forward. Req was out last night and honestly we had 7 most of the night which grew to 13 tops and that was with a pug from zone because he had asked me very very nicely :)

It was good fighting <Dreadlords>/<Judgement> honestly. The only other group we saw was AD’s smiff and creamsauce group (dunno the guild name) so for our group size, DL was the perfect opponent.

Honestly guys, and not to pick on you here but AD is in fact the main culprit here, but we cant all be 1vX small man heroes. Like, its getting to the point where im scared to engage certain players because of the drama and exposing it might cause. But if i dont fight them keeps get burst or i have my group ganked. I try and respect you know, the one guy out there trying to gank/duel but honestly, all of AD is some small man youtube commandos. Smiff had a 5 man group and while i appreciate them taking 2/3 resources around keeps as to not obnoxiously cut off keeps, i dont appreciate the pressure they try and put on say, my group so that when we engage them and run them off, we get [snip] on because we “zerged” them. I dont think its fair to demand i split my group up and force them into small man groups whn they arent that kind of player. @DeadlyRecluse kinda touched up on this topic a while back in that we dont know when small man pvp became the more respectable and better pvp over anything else but the judement needs to stop. Not all of us want to play in groups of 6 or less and thats not what Shor was supposed to be. It was supposed to be MEDIUM SCALE HEAVEN as per the old Haderus. To me thats groups of 8-12. But if youre caught in a group of 12 you get called a zergling. No one in my group is expected to be a 1vX champion. I was told Shor would never be a comptitive server and its laughed at even to today. Yet everyone has their opinion on what competitive players should be. Youre on the wrong campaign.

Its like, DC and EP have just the right amount of pop(i didnt see the mega red group, i saw a group of 20 tops) but AD doesnt. Whether thats because small mans wanna small man and refuse to recruit because herding cats is beneath you/too much work, (who knows!) but it seems most of th AD on Shor have forum accounts and thats why there is so much attention on this. Hmmm kinda like that sotha thread...

Ive taken the feedback i got from you all and i plan on makin some adjustments. But its like i said before, this needs to be a two way street. If you run a small man, and pressure a much larger force, you forfeit your right to whinge about it. You knew the risks. No one is saying you got outplayed (like the joke is) but small mans need the humility of the old days. You pushed a larger group and you lost. Celebrate the fact that thats what it took for you to be beaten!!

In Norse mythology, small mans would worship Tyr as the god of single combat and large scalers would worship Thor, the god of war.

Yeah Thor is more cool and popular. Think about that, why are the large army militaries celebrated and you never hear about the commando units? You have the humility to do what you do and not expect to be praised or recognized, its for your own self fulfilment to be he very best. Not whinge and complain when you lost your gamble against a larger group.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons