The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Subterranean Assault Overperforming

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    How to counter sub. assault:

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade
    -Stun user and walk left or right

L2P

If you dodge roll you still eat the damage and CC(from Fissure or DBoS)

He didn’t read the initial post. None of his ideas would work - all of them would get him one rounded since none of them involve blocking

Are you a moron? Sub assault cannot be blocked, that is one of the worst things to do vs sub assault and DbS combo.

sub assault is unblockable, but the rest of the combo is blockable, and sub assault alone won't kill you , so blocking is a solid strategy, unless you're glass cannon.

On my stam warden if you are less than 30k health with any armor type you're dead if you block my sub assault+DB. I will time it when 1 you dont have CC immunity and my ult is up, and 2 both my dots are already on you (poison inj + rending). Then I can just spam light attack weave and execute and you're dead. Vs nightblades I make sure I have my pot also available so I can pull you out of stealth and spam light attack + execute. I do have a very unique build though most stam wardens dont have a snare and thus you can get out of their execute phase. Plus im only gonna use that combo if you're less than 30-35k to begin with, if you're 40K+ im just gonna bird of prey and shuffle right past you lol.

There’s so much wrong with this that I don’t even know where to begin.

But regardless, from your bragging i can tell that you seem to know that sub assault is OP. Your issue is just that you need to L2P when it comes to aiming it and you haven’t made the mental jump that just because you can’t aim it doesn’t mean that others can’t. Just practice more and time it so that it pops in the middle part of a gap close, not at the end.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When people think that they play at a higher level yet can't avoid or survive a basic burst combo. Funny thing is it's the combo and los you keep complaining about yet you still can't give anything to back up why the skill by itself is op.

So what part of this skill makes you just sit there for 3 seconds waiting to be hit?

Why can't you move, roll dodge, or cc them?

Sorry, but just standing there holding block is not playing at a higher level and definitely not a reason to nerf a skill when you have other options to easily counter it. Keep practicing!

• TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade

L2P

He didn’t read the initial post. None of his ideas would work - all of them would get him one rounded since none of them involve blocking

Are you a moron? Sub assault cannot be blocked, that is one of the worst things to do vs sub assault and DbS combo.

sub assault is unblockable, but the rest of the combo is blockable, and sub assault alone won't kill you , so blocking is a solid strategy, unless you're glass cannon.

On my stam warden if you are less than 30k health with any armor type you're dead if you block my sub assault+DB. I will time it when 1 you dont have CC immunity and my ult is up, and 2 both my dots are already on you (poison inj + rending). Then I can just spam light attack weave and execute and you're dead. Vs nightblades I make sure I have my pot also available so I can pull you out of stealth and spam light attack + execute. I do have a very unique build though most stam wardens dont have a snare and thus you can get out of their execute phase. Plus im only gonna use that combo if you're less than 30-35k to begin with, if you're 40K+ im just gonna bird of prey and shuffle right past you lol.

There’s so much wrong with this that I don’t even know where to begin.

But regardless, from your bragging i can tell that you seem to know that sub assault is OP. Your issue is just that you need to L2P when it comes to aiming it and you haven’t made the mental jump that just because you can’t aim it doesn’t mean that others can’t. Just practice more and time it so that it pops in the middle part of a gap close, not at the end.

084.png

You are so biased toward thinking that sub.assault and morphs is broken, please quote me where I said that sub-assault is broken since you can simply "tell", whatever generalization that is. Anyways, you need to L2P when both aiming and when avoiding it. In my opinion and from experience since I play both a stam warden and a squishy stamblade you should never block the combo if you are under 30k, if you block you will die regardless. About the whole gap closer situation I have never ran into a mag warden using a gap closer and maybe 1/20 stam wardens use a gap closer for good reason. Gap closer + sub assault is clunky as all hell. The only thing I agree with is that sub assault and morphs should not be hitting through LoS but then again there are many AoE abilities like caltrops, eye of the storm, volley, etc... that can hit through LoS. Sub assault technically is just a delayed AoE so no surprise there.
    Edited by TimeDazzler on January 31, 2018 5:00AM
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys understand that I’m a stamden using this combo right?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys understand that I’m a stamden using this combo right?

Ah the good ol' strawman.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To shake the table are we implying pc is playing at higher level than console? For fps I would agree but for everything else no. In fact pc players wouldn’t know how to deal with the terrible mechanics and lag that’s on a different level. On the other hand a console player will have an easier time adjusting to pc since it’s better performance and not any huge learning curve. Plus there’s plenty of people who either transferred or play both and remain at the same skill level. Plus an Xbox player won a tournament amongst pc players and there’s pl

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade

L2P

Console gamer detected!

On PC we have this thing called a mouse that actually lets us aim our abilities.

Anything other than a block and you’ll eat the DBoS, get stunned, eat shalks and eat the reverse slice follow up.

You shouldn’t comment on balance threads when you don’t compete at a higher level.

To shake the table are we implying pc is playing at a higher level than console?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    When people think that they play at a higher level yet can't avoid or survive a basic burst combo. Funny thing is it's the combo and los you keep complaining about yet you still can't give anything to back up why the skill by itself is op.

So what part of this skill makes you just sit there for 3 seconds waiting to be hit?

Sorry, but just standing there holding block is not playing at a higher level and definitely not a reason to nerf a skill when you have other options to easily counter it. Keep practicing!
    To shake the table are we implying pc is playing at higher level than console? For fps I would agree but for everything else no. In fact pc players wouldn’t know how to deal with the terrible mechanics and lag that’s on a different level. On the other hand a console player will have an easier time adjusting to pc since it’s better performance and not any huge learning curve. Plus there’s plenty of people who either transferred or play both and remain at the same skill level. Plus an Xbox player won a tournament amongst pc players and there’s pl

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade

L2P

Console gamer detected!

On PC we have this thing called a mouse that actually lets us aim our abilities.

Anything other than a block and you’ll eat the DBoS, get stunned, eat shalks and eat the reverse slice follow up.

You shouldn’t comment on balance threads when you don’t compete at a higher level.

To shake the table are we implying pc is playing at a higher level than console?

I’m implying that PC isn’t playing with a joystick handicap. And also that we’re better looking IRL.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade

L2P

Console gamer detected!

I’m implying that PC isn’t playing with a joystick handicap. And also that we’re better looking IRL.

Handicapped usually mean something is gimped or harder so wouldn’t that be the higher level? When you think of competitive people always use the word “harder” does the logic still apply or not? Do you think you’d swap over to console and immediately hold your own? Do pc players really look like the offspring of a orc and a guar? Will serjustin19 continue to have the best threads NA? These are questions that need to be answered.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade

L2P

Console gamer detected!

Handicapped usually mean something is gimped or harder so wouldn’t that be the higher level? When you think of competitive people always use the word “harder” does the logic still apply or not? Do you think you’d swap over to console and immediately hold your own? Do pc players really look like the offspring of a orc and a guar? Will serjustin19 continue to have the best threads NA? These are questions that need to be answered.

LOL
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade

L2P

Console gamer detected!

You misunderstood me. “Higher level” was a comment aimed at the guy who thinks you can roll dodge a dawnbreaker, not at console players in general.

I wouldn’t hold my own on console immediately. I’m too old to learn new hand motions quickly. But if they merged servers you’d all be screwed ;)

Console isn’t harder or easier. It’s all a level playing field because you’re playing against people on the same platform. But the platforms are different, and on PC (the only place that matters) it’s really easy to land shalks.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yet I see all those PC 1vX videos where people don't seem to have understood that blocking, dodging, healing and shielding is good to survive.
    Yeah, let them merge servers, we're waiting for the lambs.
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you ran warden? Do you know what would happen if the only burst damage component of a class was removed?

Why even be a stamden? You get so very little

try stamsorc where there IS no class burst damage...
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Yet I see all those PC 1vX videos where people don't seem to have understood that blocking, dodging, healing and shielding is good to survive.
    Yeah, let them merge servers, we're waiting for the lambs.

same thing goes with console 1vx vids lol

pugs are pugs
    Edited by BroanBeast1215 on January 31, 2018 4:50PM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will try to weigh in on this as impartial as possible.

I don't think Scorch or its morphs are overpowered on their own. the real issues lies:

1. its too easy to chain skills like Scorch with other high damaging skills/ultimates that leave little room for counterplay.
    2. There are too many unblockable or undodgeable high damage skills in the game.

putting 1 and 2 together leaves us with a lack of counterplay. not being able to dodge either Dawnbreaker or Scorch is pretty ridiclious to be honest. I don't understand ZOS infatuation with putting skills in the game with little to no counterplay. Its the same thing with Soul Assault when they made it where you couldn't interrupt it anymore with Crushing Shock/Venom Arrow or Bash. It makes very little sense for the game to have skills that function this way.

the changes to Meteor(no longer reflectable) Soul Assault(No longer purgable or interuptable) Dawnbreaker(no longer dodgeable) shows a pretty clear pattern.

until most skills honor standard defense mechanics the game will continue to have problematic combos and issues.

I was one of the few Sorcs on the PTS that was against changing Velicious Curse to being unblockable, I was also against the Haunting Curse change...of course that meant very little because they were put in the game anyways. Not being able to reflect Force Shock was just another in the line of silly changes like this.

I don't really see this kinda stuff changing anytime soon though. Folks are going to be frustrated with the way skills work for the foreseeable future because for whatever reasons ZOS likes certain skills and combos to have very little counterplay to them. Its this very little counterplay that has forced me to stack 24k worth of shields on my Mag Sorc, o just be stupidly tanky with 40k health on my Templar...what choice do they leave you when there are so many combos and skills with such high damage that have very little counterplay?

its the elephant in the room issue no one really wants to address.

regardless, good day folks.
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on January 31, 2018 5:29PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they just need a little dmg nerf.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade

L2P

Console gamer detected!

You misunderstood me. “Higher level” was a comment aimed at the guy who thinks you can roll dodge a dawnbreaker, not at console players in general.

I wouldn’t hold my own on console immediately. I’m too old to learn new hand motions quickly. But if they merged servers you’d all be screwed ;)

Console isn’t harder or easier. It’s all a level playing field because you’re playing against people on the same platform. But the platforms are different, and on PC (the only place that matters) it’s really easy to land shalks.

I was being satirical
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Console gamer detected!

One of the more ignorant comments I've seen in a while. I love how PC players are so convinced they are better than everyone else. LOL. I guess when you've played with crutches from day one you take on that sense of entitlement. A buddy of mine I used to run with made the switch to PC and has been killing max CP people on his CP170 NB. From everything I've seen/heard the average PC player is absolute trash.
    Edited by montiferus on February 4, 2018 4:19AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite be being almost always zergstomped, my death recap rarely shows subterranean assault on my death recap. Usually anything other than that shows up. Mind you, I sometimes sit around because of lag and it still manages not to end up on my recap or any other way. Hits are also easily healed anyways.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

Console gamer detected!

One of the more ignorant comments I've seen in a while. I love how PC players are so convinced they are better than everyone else. LOL. I guess when you've played with crutches from day one you take on that sense of entitlement. A buddy of mine I used to run with made the switch to PC and has been killing max CP people on his CP170 NB. From everything I've seen/heard the average PC player is absolute trash.

Yeah there are loads of bad players everywhere.

You aren’t listening to what I’m saying though.

I’m not saying that console players are bad.

I’m saying that playing on console is harder.

Because you use a joystick.

Which is more difficult to aim.

So your shalks miss more.

You’re welcome to have your Uber leet console buddy fight me though. Every console player that’s made the jump has gotten trashed on. @thogard

That being said, the pc players that tend to jump to console are the ones who accuse everyone of cheating (aka the bad players who are too stubborn to learn to play and would prefer to just blame nonexistent hacks) so I can see how console players would have the same opinion of PC people.
    Edited by Thogard on February 4, 2018 9:10AM

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Console gamer detected!

You’re welcome to have your Uber leet console buddy fight me though. Every console player that’s made the jump has gotten trashed on. @thogard

That being said, the pc players that tend to jump to console are the ones who accuse everyone of cheating (aka the bad players who are too stubborn to learn to play and would prefer to just blame nonexistent hacks) so I can see how console players would have the same opinion of PC people.

I just gotta know, why'd you tag yourself?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys do realize this is a video game, right?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Console gamer detected!

I just gotta know, why'd you tag yourself?

That’s my account name in game so his buddy can message me

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like sub as an idea. It deals high damage that counters block and conventional dodge after a delay, but can be avoided.What I don't like is that avoiding it means little. Its very cheap for being as high damage as some ults. Though upping the cost straight up might hurt it in PvE.

What would be a possible idea is that make it cost more, but return stam/mag for target hit like draw essence, so it'd be more punishing to miss.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

Console gamer detected!

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    I like sub as an idea. It deals high damage that counters block and conventional dodge after a delay, but can be avoided.What I don't like is that avoiding it means little. Its very cheap for being as high damage as some ults. Though upping the cost straight up might hurt it in PvE.

What would be a possible idea is that make it cost more, but return stam/mag for target hit like draw essence, so it'd be more punishing to miss.

I like this idea, i can avoid the beetle usually pretty easy but they get recast and it starts all over again. When i eventually get hit by them i do lose a lot of health. This would help countering it quite a bit. Also the warden isnt lacking for sustain so they can take a cost increase. I had fights against wardens where i was getting the warden pushed to execute range the whole time but with all the healing they have it was hard to finish him off.. after attempt 15+ i got hit once by the dizzy swing beetle combo and if it was timed with a dawnbreaker i would likely have died. I did win in the end so HURRAY for me.. it does feel good to kill a warden as a trash class stam dk.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade

L2P

-It is undodgable and dodge cost stack if used again within 5 seconds vs sub assult 3 seconds. Would you dodge a 20 meter dawnbreaker?

-Cloak cloak cloak. obviously a l2p issue on that one.

-stun = 5 second cool-down due to cc immunity... so each 5 seconds they will get a guarantee chance to hit you for dawnbreaker like damage assuming you can stun then each 5 seconds which is likely not going to happen.

The burst needs to be increased to once every 6 seconds and if its going to ignore block and dodge it should also ignore shields. Stop giving these 25k+ shields a free pass.

All in all though it hits for too much as much as a dawnbreaker, it hits farther than a dawnbreaker, and does not cost ultimate like a dawnbreaker...

I might be able to counter it if i could reliably root cheaply.
    Edited by AddictionX on February 11, 2018 5:01AM
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only 10% of players are good at it then it's fine. When mag sorc was FOTM you could switch out with your 10 year old cousin and still out play/out survive the majority of classes. 10% is fine. Just stay away from that 10%. Sounds like you just want to win every fight.

Also is there a class that counters? Maybe some kind of ranged class/build?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    If only 10% of players are good at it then it's fine. When mag sorc was FOTM you could switch out with your 10 year old cousin and still out play/out survive the majority of classes. 10% is fine. Just stay away from that 10%. Sounds like you just want to win every fight.

Range and kiting counters sub/fissure but mag wardens get increased damage on Racer as range increases and stam wardens get Forward momentum(without losing a burst heal) so that you can’t root/snare them and the option to slot a gap closer. Both brands of wardens also have shimmering shield which mitigates a large amount of ranged damage and fuels ulti gen.

Regardless, stam warden needs some tuning
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »

Console gamer detected!

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

you are welcome! if you would like to learn how to play hit me up on xbox.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AddictionX wrote: »

-Dodge roll right before
    -Cloak if nightblade

L2P

-It is undodgable and dodge cost stack if used again within 5 seconds vs sub assult 3 seconds. Would you dodge a 20 meter dawnbreaker?

-Cloak cloak cloak. obviously a l2p issue on that one.

-stun = 5 second cool-down due to cc immunity... so each 5 seconds they will get a guarantee chance to hit you for dawnbreaker like damage assuming you can stun then each 5 seconds which is likely not going to happen.

The burst needs to be increased to once every 6 seconds and if its going to ignore block and dodge it should also ignore shields. Stop giving these 25k+ shields a free pass.

All in all though it hits for too much as much as a dawnbreaker, it hits farther than a dawnbreaker, and does not cost ultimate like a dawnbreaker...

I might be able to counter it if i could reliably root cheaply.

This skill is laughable, I only see casual to low level players complaining about it. You can easily snare, cc, kite left or right or walk through them altogether. OR BETTER YET, pressure them off their front bar to their back bar.(this is the most skilled decision to do)