Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Dragonknights

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I beg to differ nothing was wrong with Fossilize.

Pray tell.

It actually targeted the ONE target it affected. It granted CC immunity to targets after they CC break.

It's range wasn't even significant, you still have to
    run after people in order to use it, and you are limited to once every 6 seconds for CC Immunity. And even longer if Immovable pots are being used, meaning you could only ever get 3-4 fossilizes POSSIBLY in 1 minute of a fight

It was very well balanced for a single target ability
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on October 5, 2017 5:00PM
    Options
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Give us FOSSILIZE range back!!! End of the history.... Zos, if u wanted to see how it reacts now u know.... So give us back our real "gap closer"... Because that's what FOSSILIZE really is. Chains aren't.
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
    Options
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to play with stonefist yesterday... Omfg... That was the worst experience in my dk... I lost my low sustain... Couldn't keep up with Stam sorcs and Stam NBS running all around cirodill.... They dodged and run away easyly most of the time...
    Edited by Vesper_BR on October 5, 2017 6:29PM
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »
    I tried to play with stonefist yesterday... Omfg... That was the worst experience in my dk... I lost my low sustain... Couldn't keep up with Stam sorcs and Stam NBS running all around cirodill.... They dodged and run away easyly most of the time...

I tried it a week ago it hit a guard for 3.4k that's whith the stun bonous
    Edited by lucky_Sage on October 5, 2017 7:25PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I just dread every single patch.
    Edited by krathos on October 5, 2017 7:28PM
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't believe ZoS is nerfing Fossilize range because they can't figure out how to make Stonefist less redundant and useless. Actually, I can believe it, but I'm just shocked about it. Nerfing a skill that was perfectly fine because they just refuse to listen to player feedback. It's just getting more laughable at this point.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't believe ZoS is nerfing Fossilize range because they can't figure out how to make Stonefist less redundant and useless. Actually, I can believe it, but I'm just shocked about it. Nerfing a skill that was perfectly fine because they just refuse to listen to player feedback. It's just getting more laughable at this point.

Assasins Creed and battlefront are coming....

They will lose continuously theirs fan base with actions like that...
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost two years later and it still rings true:

q2Ew6c6.png
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact, if anyone remembers this thread, most of it still rings true as well:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/219520/the-death-of-the-dragonknight/p1
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    krathos wrote: »
    In fact, if anyone remembers this thread, most of it still rings true as well:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/219520/the-death-of-the-dragonknight/p1

It's crazy that it's been two years since they went through and pretty much destroyed the class (Inferno became single target garbage, Cinder Storm became some weird placeable ability and lost Miss Chance, Wings got rekt, Talons range got rekt, Heal got rekt, Dynamic Ult got rekt) and that for 2 years players have been begging and them to fix it. It's also crazy to look at those old threads, see some of the names of DKs who were diehard players who eventually quit.

It's completely insane that after having our entire class identity nerfed, every buff we get now comes with an additional nerf. Buff to Petrify so it's now a stun? Goodbye range. That's not to mention when we just get flat out nerfed (Morrowind nerfs to overall sustain? Here's a nerf to Battle Roar. Don't worry Dark Deal, you're good).

Sometimes I wonder what the Devs want for this class, and then I'm reminded of this post by Gina:
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

We're PvE tanks as far as the Devs are concerned. I just don't want to accept it.
    Edited by Kilandros on October 6, 2017 2:23PM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I clench my cheeks each patch but end up more and more disappointed each time.
    More than anything I want MagDKs buffed for PVE. We're melee and reliant on off balance, and so are Stam builds who do 15k-20k more ST DPS. So who wants us around? Chains utility? Tanks run that.
    We just eat off balance and lower group DPS as a result.
    Our skills cost way too much and we can't sustain without off balance. After one rotation while parsing with Rearming Trap, I'm over half way out of magicka, even running food that gives me 1400 magicka regen.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

We're PvE tanks as far as the Devs are concerned. I just don't want to accept it.

Tanking has seen nothing but nerfs over the last year too. Frankly, Templar and Warden are better at tanking, the only thing DK has is our pull. (Because gate sucks).

Changing the range on Fossilize is absolute garbage and Wrobel has no idea what he is doing.
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summary of what's happening. #SaveDK #SavePetrify

https://youtu.be/ZGsyGJCAnWo
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭

Loooolllllll
    #savedk #savepetrify
    Edited by Vesper_BR on October 6, 2017 8:55PM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one of the better parodies :lol:
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're enjoying the video. Hopefully we can successfully meme our way out of these nerfs.

#SaveDK #SavePetrify
    Edited by krathos on October 6, 2017 11:52PM
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your #SaveDK #SavePetrify tags make it feel like by saving Petrify you will save the class.

It feels like they are simply afraid to touch the class, they don't know how to buff magDK without buffing stamDK or tanks.
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    Your #SaveDK #SavePetrify tags make it feel like by saving Petrify you will save the class.

It feels like they are simply afraid to touch the class, they don't know how to buff magDK without buffing stamDK or tanks.

@Kneighbors baby steps, baby steps.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're going to win this fight by emotional damage over time, like a real DK would.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

StamDK is both under and overpowered lel.

The issue in that is the sets in heavy that give you more continuous damage and healing than med. And permablocking. Take that away and stamDK is in the same shithole as magDK, just with a little more sustain/damage and less utility.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

StamDK is both under and overpowered lel.

The issue in that is the sets in heavy that give you more continuous damage and healing than med. And permablocking. Take that away and stamDK is in the same shithole as magDK, just with a little more sustain/damage and less utility.

That is the problem with heavy on the whole as I see it. Sets that effectively give you equal or greater burst potential than medium, while having statically better defenses.

The DoTs that make stam DK strong in PVE dps, are essentially worthless in pvp.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on October 7, 2017 2:18AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the best thing to do for heavy is remove the dmg sets and turn heavy into full sustain heavy. heavy for stam build there dmg sets are so strong
    Edited by lucky_Sage on October 7, 2017 3:07AM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    maybe the best thing to do for heavy is remove the dmg sets and turn heavy into full sustain heavy. heavy for stam build there dmg sets are so strong

This game is all about burst when it comes to PvP.

I wouldn't disagree in a different game.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on October 7, 2017 6:05AM
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »

This game is all about burst when it comes to PvP.

I wouldn't disagree in a different game.

that's really the problem though sorcs and nightblades have just as sustain or more as sustain classes if they could only do there burst combo 1 to 3 times before out a resources may be different result
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wake me up when October ends.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No idea why there is so much drama here, the DK is the most overperforming class in PVP atm next to Sorc.

The changes coming are very positive for the balance of the game

DKs have:
    The best CCs
    Fire damage which is very OP in PVP
    A good enough self heal
    Aoe damage
    Tankiness
    A very OP and cheap ultimate that also CCs in dragon leap
    Wings to make battle against mages who identified projectiles almost an auto win

I have a DK and I know how good they are. The changes are very good it's genuinely no fair atm. Why do you think you see them running around everywhere?
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    No idea why there is so much drama here, the DK is the most overperforming class in PVP atm next to Sorc.

DKs have:
    The best CCs
    A good enough self heal
    Aoe damage
    Tankiness
    Wings to make battle against mages who identified projectiles almost an auto win

I have a DK and I know how good they are. The changes are very good it's genuinely no fair atm. Why do you think you see them running around everywhere?

-Great! We have CCs to hold people closer to us as they pommel us.
    -Fire damage DoTs which are constantly purged.
    -"A good enough self heal": it's sad when you describe it as "good enough". How "okayish" of you.
    -Everyone has AOE damage
    -Everyone can be tanky. Last I checked, my 5l/1m/1h mDK wasn't considered tanky at all...
    -Our resource management depends on our ultimate. It's our class-defining ability.... and yet Dragon Leap is buggy as hell.
    -Wings? Seriously?!?! Wings that don't reflect a Warden's bird projectile (even though it's not a beam) and don't reflect Force Pulse (which is about to become OP with Asylum weapons). Wings that don't reflect Jesus Beams, Soul Assault, and Meteor (another non-beam exception). Wings that don't reflect certain bow attacks if you use it in conjunction with a heavy bow attack. Those wings?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

DKs have:
    The best CCs
    A good enough self heal
    Aoe damage
    Tankiness

It's actually the least played class by a pretty significant margin. Why do you think that is?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

DKs have:
    The best CCs
    A good enough self heal
    Aoe damage
    Tankiness

It's actually the least played class by a pretty significant margin. Why do you think that is?

Because people like him can't distinguish between 1v1 performance and group, solo, small man. MagDK is fairly good 1v1 but lacks in almost every other pvp capacity. I rarely find other magdk's and when I do find them they're often new players who are running an almost PvE-like build.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »

DKs have:
    The best CCs
    A good enough self heal
    Aoe damage
    Tankiness

-Great! We have CCs to hold people closer to us as they pommel us.
    -Fire damage DoTs which are constantly purged.
    -"A good enough self heal": it's sad when you describe it as "good enough". How "okayish" of you.
    -Everyone has AOE damage
    -Everyone can be tanky. Last I checked, my 5l/1m/1h mDK wasn't considered tanky at all...
    -Our resource management depends on our ultimate. It's our class-defining ability.... and yet Dragon Leap is buggy as hell.
    -Wings? Seriously?!?! Wings that don't reflect a Warden's bird projectile (even though it's not a beam) and don't reflect Force Pulse (which is about to become OP with Asylum weapons). Wings that don't reflect Jesus Beams, Soul Assault, and Meteor (another non-beam exception). Wings that don't reflect certain bow attacks if you use it in conjunction with a heavy bow attack. Those wings?

To add to this, DK no longer has the best CCs. NB has a better hard CC and sorc has higher ranged version of DKs.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options