Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Dragonknights

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    So petrify now cannot be cast on cc immunity targets?

Did I read that right?

I didn't think it ever could. This may just have been a fix to a bug introduced this PTS.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We got effectively nothing again. It'd be great if they fixed wings to include more projectiles and reflect the status effects.

@ZOS_Wrobel Read this thread. Read my summary thread. The other 2 threads abut stonefist/petrify. Act.

MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Did I read that right?

It wouldn't work on the target anyway, unless CC immunity was bugging out (nah, that never happens). Pretty sure all they are doing is not charging you the cost of magicka for spamming it on a CC immune target. If so, that's bad design IMO, because it discourages paying attention and using the skill appropriately.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A more powerful and useful version of wings would immulate shuffle. Say 20s of 15% chance to reflect, with 20s of minor expedition and 5 seconds major on cast.

Random chance reflects mean you cant lock down certain builds. But they are also more dangerous in general because opponents dont know what is or isnt going to be reflected. Thus they cannot effectly predict when to dodge/block.

RNG chance to reflect means not using it.

I'm fine with reworking Wings, but if I can't reflect an incoming projectile when I need to... why would I use that skill?
    Edited by NBrookus on October 10, 2017 1:05PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Did I read that right?

It wouldn't work on the target anyway, unless CC immunity was bugging out (nah, that never happens). Pretty sure all they are doing is not charging you the cost of magicka for spamming it on a CC immune target. If so, that's bad design IMO, because it discourages paying attention and using the skill appropriately.

Ah ok. It suffered from the same terrible bug as templars eclipse.

That's good in a way; no more useless mag drain.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Did I read that right?

Ah ok. It suffered from the same terrible bug as templars eclipse.

That's good in a way; no more useless mag drain.

Well I disagree, it's not useless to drain magicka if you are spamming a skill that has a clear visible tell that it won't work on the target. For all the supposed focus on resource management the past few updates, why remove the active component of resource management?
    Options
  • dirtykdx
    dirtykdx
    ✭✭✭

Did I read that right?

Yeah, it's a roundabout way to buff sustain if you ask me. But, sorcs also got it.
    @dirtykdx PC NA
    [The Shogunate]
    /taunt doesn't work on bosses
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.This is depressing but not unexpected.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
    Options
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't expecting anything, and got just that.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's clear nobody at ZOS plays DK, mag or stam, and they clearly don't understand the mechanics of the class. This class has no direction. ZOS doesn't know what to do with it.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Did I read that right?

I didn't think it ever could. This may just have been a fix to a bug introduced this PTS.

It could on console, double CC happens, but it happened much more with petrify than anything else in my experience. I would break free lose stam and then be immediately stunned again.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A more powerful and useful version of wings would immulate shuffle. Say 20s of 15% chance to reflect, with 20s of minor expedition and 5 seconds major on cast.

Random chance reflects mean you cant lock down certain builds. But they are also more dangerous in general because opponents dont know what is or isnt going to be reflected. Thus they cannot effectly predict when to dodge/block.

RNG chance to reflect means not using it.

I'm fine with reworking Wings, but if I can't reflect an incoming projectile when I need to... what would I use that skill?

The same reason anyone uses Shuffle/Blur. It's a long lasting defensive bonus, it would give you mobility based on the changes I suggested.
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    42TNbPI.jpg
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings is too strong against projectiles even in its current form. Mag Dk with wings can lock out mag NB and bow attacks. It isnt strong against several projectile based attack sources. But it is ridiculous one on one.

It needs a buff from another angle, ie Major/Minor buffs for longer duration.

I good change for wings would be Major Expedition for 5-6 seconds. Plus perhaps some sort of hop effect like dragon leap but without the damage on landing.

I would like to see wings buffed, but in a way that doesnt completely lock down ranged builds.

Isn't this RNG based result the sort of game-play we like to discourage rather than enable? I'd rather not lose a fight because RNG dictated this projectile would be redirected to my face but the previous 5 did not.

Just because something is unknown or a risk doesn't necessarily make it more exciting or encourage play-counterplay.
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings is too strong against projectiles even in its current form. Mag Dk with wings can lock out mag NB and bow attacks. It isnt strong against several projectile based attack sources. But it is ridiculous one on one.

I good change for wings would be Major Expedition for 5-6 seconds. Plus perhaps some sort of hop effect like dragon leap but without the damage on landing.

I would like to see wings buffed, but in a way that doesnt completely lock down ranged builds.

Isn't this RNG based result the sort of game-play we like to discourage rather than enable? I'd rather not lose a fight because RNG dictated this projectile would be redirected to my face but the previous 5 did not.

Just because something is unknown or a risk doesn't necessarily make it more exciting or encourage play-counterplay.

i think all combat should be down to just chance. they should take out active abilities and the moment you hover over your opponent you have a 50/50 chance of killing them or dying yourself. Sorc and NB will of course have a passive that gives increased 25% chance to kill their opponent.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krathos wrote: »

i think all combat should be down to just chance. they should take out active abilities and the moment you hover over your opponent you have a 50/50 chance of killing them or dying yourself. Sorc and NB will of course have a passive that gives increased 25% chance to kill their opponent.

Why not have an auto win setup then? Just setup a rock-paper-scissors. Dk beats NB, NB beats Sorc, Sorc beats Warden, Warden beats Templar, Templar beats DK. That way there is no chance involved.

I get that people dont like chance based effects. I was throwing out an idea, one that fits within the scheme of what they already do. Also one that is much stronger in general compared to the current option.

I like the idea for damage reduction from projectiles. I dont like the idea of 100% reflect, just like I dont like the idea of purging DoTs with no consequence.

I mean I may be biased towards bow characters. But it is not as if bow builds are destroying Mag DKs. Nor are Mag NBs the bane of mag DKs. Wings as fully reflect disproportionately affects specific builds and does nothing to help DKs against the other builds out there. It also offers nothing for group utility.
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • eroticdiscoheat
    eroticdiscoheat
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Wrobel This thread is what getting *** looks like.

I hope you like what you did to DK.
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like my: "if you attempt to apply a dot to me you take damage instead" skill.

Or how about a: "if you try and damage me with a 'melee' attack you take damage".

There isnt counter play to wings. There is only complete avoidance.

Projectiles are already the most easily mitigated form of damage. You can see and hear them coming, you can block/dodge/absorb/heal/los the damage. Projectiles are also a minority of skills that disproportionately effect specific classes and weapons.

It is not as if bows are out there ruling cyrodiil. Bows are hardly lethal to any decent player, so the argument for wings reflecting more I find very wanting.

Wings needs to have more utility and that doesnt need to come from more reflections.
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not have an auto win setup then? Just setup a rock-paper-scissors. Dk beats NB, NB beats Sorc, Sorc beats Warden, Warden beats Templar, Templar beats DK. That way there is no chance involved.

I get that people dont like chance based effects. I was throwing out an idea, one that fits within the scheme of what they already do. Also one that is much stronger in general compared to the current option.

I like the idea for damage reduction from projectiles. I dont like the idea of 100% reflect, just like I dont like the idea of purging DoTs with no consequence.

I mean I may be biased towards bow characters. But it is not as if bow builds are destroying Mag DKs. Nor are Mag NBs the bane of mag DKs. Wings as fully reflect disproportionately affects specific builds and does nothing to help DKs against the other builds out there. It also offers nothing for group utility.

DKs rarely run wings tho because:
    1) it's expensive af
    2) it's unreliable and i often get fragged right through it
    3) it gets mostly absorbed by light attacks
    4) we don't have space on our bar due to extremely 1 dimensional skills.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DKs rarely run wings tho because:
    1) it's expensive af
    2) it's unreliable and i often get fragged right through it
    3) it gets mostly absorbed by light attacks
    4) we don't have space on our bar due to extremely 1 dimensional skills.

Right, which is where increasing its duration to 20s greatly eases cost. Adding mobility or other benefits greatly increases desireability. Unreliability will never ultimately change as thats just a ZOS thing. Having multiple effects, ie reflect chance + mobility means its multidimensional.
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solution: Change Wings to be an AoE Missile Dampening for yourself and nearby allies that reduces the damage of ranged attacks by 35%.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realize you are coming from this from an archer point of view. So the sheer number of other skills that can't be reflected or the number of times wings bugs out and doesn't reflect anything for the cost of 3400 magicka is not on your radar the way it is on a DKs.

Bow builds are about the only thing Wings actually shuts down defensively, and there's about zero chance a mDK getting sniped from max range has of actually catching that player anyway.

The fact that 99% of bow builds in Cyrodiil are reduced to glass cannon NB snipers that can cloak away at the slightest danger you might get near them, and will wait until you are already under pressure from multiple opponents before attacking is an issue that needs to be addressed separately, not by nerfing DKs one defense against them.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's two buffs on this patch, what's the complain about? Because not enough buffs?
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    There's two buffs on this patch, what's the complain about? Because not enough buffs?

Because there's 2 buffs, which are absolute crap, one to a useless skill that remains useless, the other is a half-arsed change that won't make any impact. Now, there were SUPPOSED to be 2 more buffs but due to ZOS not understanding the class they ended up being nerfs... one of those being a catastrophic nerf to the class (petrify change).
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because there's 2 buffs, which are absolute crap, one to a useless skill that remains useless, the other is a half-arsed change that won't make any impact. Now, there were SUPPOSED to be 2 more buffs but due to ZOS not understanding the class they ended up being nerfs... one of those being a catastrophic nerf to the class (petrify change).

Dunno, bugs aside I find Wings quite useful in BGs. In all modes, but especially when running relics. Fends off Clench, Frag and Cripple CC pretty nicely. Crap in open PvP though, as it gets consumed very quickly.

Has that change to Pertify gone through yet or is it just talk, like the increasing cost of the defensive ults, the Frag nerf etc? I do hope they'll back out of that one.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize you are coming from this from an archer point of view. So the sheer number of other skills that can't be reflected or the number of times wings bugs out and doesn't reflect anything for the cost of 3400 magicka is not on your radar the way it is on a DKs.

Bow builds are about the only thing Wings actually shuts down defensively, and there's about zero chance a mDK getting sniped from max range has of actually catching that player anyway.

The fact that 99% of bow builds in Cyrodiil are reduced to glass cannon NB snipers that can cloak away at the slightest danger you might get near them, and will wait until you are already under pressure from multiple opponents before attacking is an issue that needs to be addressed separately, not by nerfing DKs one defense against them.

While the bulk of my experience is using a Bow. It is also using one on a DK. I have max level mag and stam versions of NB, Sorc, and DK.

However 70% of that is on the Mag and Stam DK. I will openly point out that I do not have as much experience on mag DK as stam DK. Yet I am very aware of the cost, of wings.

Wings was nerfed along a continual line because of how strong it is. The shell that is left is indeed wanting in open world pvp, provided you have several sources of projectiles. The fact of the matter is that you dont need to keep it up, you only need to cast it once you see Snipe/frag incoming.

Wings primary fault lies in the fact that it us too strong vs projectiles while being too costly and also useless vs non projectiles. The fix to wings is to reduce the effectiveness as a pure reflect but to add more benefits to your group as well as to yourself.
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dunno, bugs aside I find Wings quite useful in BGs. In all modes, but especially when running relics. Fends off Clench, Frag and Cripple CC pretty nicely. Crap in open PvP though, as it gets consumed very quickly.

Has that change to Pertify gone through yet or is it just talk, like the increasing cost of the defensive ults, the Frag nerf etc? I do hope they'll back out of that one.

yes. it went through last patch notes.
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope everyone here realizes that DKs just got hit the hardest by this Siphoner change. It affects passive abilities (not active skills) and armor sets so dark deal, repentance, etc aren't affected (not that I'm saying they should be).

But what this means is that it does affect battleroar and helping hands. So, the class with the worst sustain just took the brunt of the hit on a sustain nerf yet again.

It also means popular DK sustain sets such as Desert Rose and Syrabane are affected as well.

They really don't understand DK. They really, truly, don't understand this class. Absolute insanity.
    Edited by krathos on October 10, 2017 12:14AM
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Options
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is everyone gonna run on their stam dk bars? I'm scratching my head really have no clue. With shuffle gone, and switching rally to forward momentum there's no other class skills that are relevant? I guess put on FoO? Or evil hunter just to fill the space?

Seriously though what are your stam dk bars gonna look like next patch.
    Edited by scipionumatia on October 10, 2017 3:41AM
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
    Options
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is everyone gonna run on their stam dk bars? I'm scratching my head really have no clue. With shuffle gone, and switching rally to forward momentum there's no other class skills that are relevant? I guess put on FoO? Or evil hunter just to fill the space?

Seriously though what are your stam dk bars gonna look like next patch.

Think I'm done with the class.
    Options