Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need incentives to bring regular players back into Cyrodiil, and to attract non-PvPers to try PvP

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After a few years of purely pvp. I can say a few things on this matter. To start let me say that I currently am slowing loggin in less and less. Which is still daily just not when I wake up to when I pass out. Literally do this almost every weekend. I even bought a ps vita to do simple things while at work. Builds writs small testing surveys of that matter. I've done all the pve I care too. Just log in for pvp. I run a smaller EP guild on NA PS4. Generally 35-40 max in the guild with 3-10 people on regularly. Most of us are in the same boat. Don't care to pve unless we want something in particular or to supplement our pvp experience.

I personally (and majority of the guild) don't care for AP. Bought everything I needed and then some. Crafting motif lol. A mailbox full of garbage that I don't even grab unless my mail box is full. At the end of the campaign I get garbage jewelry that anyone can get with 3 box purchases from cyrodiil. I might get 10k gold maybe 30k depending on time invested. A stack of potions for a full day of pvp cost generally 50k. Which to me isn't an issue. But should be easier to get components for crafting in pvp. I don't want to grab nodes all day I want to pvp. I don't care for campaign points. It doesn't really increase my rewards to win a campaign. So I'm there for the fight and for friends. Not Ap. Not campaign. Even though I only play EP.

The small scale pvp has gotten way out of proportion. Between AOE caps undodgeable unblockable moves it becomes more difficult every update to have smaller group kill larger groups. (Don't get me started on 10 people destro ulting 1 guy from the start of the fight). In a small group of 4 vs 15 I have every negative effect from poisons on me the entire fight. But this is understandable considering larger group should be difficult to kill for smaller groups. But for them to have 50% mitigation from already having numbers is kinda absurd to me.

Zone chat is a whole different issue. A lot of people don't even pvp anymore they player vs text. I think this should be removed. The "say" should stay and all group/guild chats should too. Just get rid of zone chat. Especially since "lfg" is all I see until all factions are 1 gigantic Zerg. Even if they aren't in a group one person says Chalman FD and the entire faction shows up. It should be about your group and your guild fighting together with other guilds/groups to win a campaign. Not two or theee whole factions fighting over 1 keep all day. But in zone chat BRK 911 and the numbers game start. And the lag.

Ap earning for other people is terrible. 3 people work for 20 mins to take a keep. 6k AP. Why not just grab 24 people take the keep in 2 mins and get 6k ap. Doesn't seem right. Also the winning faction for a campaign should be worth more AP. This will also help with campaign being closer the winning every reset. If blue is ahead by 5k points with 3 days left everyone decides to just bridge fight for the next three days until reset. As apposed to red and yellow taking everything they own and Defending it(which is currently not enough ap).

I could go on but the post would be too long. This is my opinion

This video was made a few months ago and a little attention to it could make a tremendous difference. Hopefully it's not next year before something is done. Which is another problem in and of itself.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307897/make-cyrodiil-great-again-a-tamriel-baguette-news-report/p1
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Honestly @anitajoneb17_ESO you are choosing to get offended by something. And that works both ways. I have had nothing but help in Cyrodiil from people yet elitist PvE players I've experienced can be obnoxious, so much so I avoid trials totally now. I PvE with friends only on hard content.
    [snipping for size]
    If you are Xbox EU I would happily help you in Cyro, get in groups, guilds, heck I would even craft you some Impen gear if you would like FOC as Genuinely its not this hate filled dog eat dog world you think it is.

Thank you for your offer to help. That's kind of you.
    That being said, there are a couple of things that need to be made clear :
    - No, I haven't been "traumatized" by PvP in any way, in fact I do PvP quite a lot, but either solo or "strictly-with-friends-only", and always, always always with whispers and zone off. I don't play well in PvP but I have my fun and thrill. However, whenever I feel like I'm feeling too much joy or frustration from killing or being killed (beyond what I feel is reasonable in a game) I leave and go back to some PvE zone.
    - I have witnessed over time dozens and dozens of players who were adorable persons, getting involved in PvP, and becoming total a**h**s. And leaving the game once and for all when they became conscious of how the general toxicity was getting to their own self.

Don't get me wrong : I know the rage tells, the teabagging, the taunting and all the crap that's going on in PvP is part of a culture, a code, and doesn't mean things as literally as they seem to be to outsiders. Yet I still believe it's make-up for real toxicity and agressivity. Also, you have to realize and become conscious of how horrible and sick it all looks from the outside.

So my point is : if you (by "you" I mean, the PvP community) want to keep those habits and behaviours, keep that "code" among yourselves, then fine, do it.
    But if the issue is to *attract* people from the outside (PvE'rs), as is suggested by this thread, in order to refill the population in Cyrodiil, that's something that you really, really need to reconsider. It's off-putting to an extent that you've simply forgotten over time. Normal people don't enjoy agressivity, even in a competitive environment. Simple as that.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Honestly @anitajoneb17_ESO you are choosing to get offended by something. And that works both ways. I have had nothing but help in Cyrodiil from people yet elitist PvE players I've experienced can be obnoxious, so much so I avoid trials totally now. I PvE with friends only on hard content.
    [snipping for size]
    If you are Xbox EU I would happily help you in Cyro, get in groups, guilds, heck I would even craft you some Impen gear if you would like FOC as Genuinely its not this hate filled dog eat dog world you think it is.

Thank you for your offer to help. That's kind of you.
    That being said, there are a couple of things that need to be made clear :
    - No, I haven't been "traumatized" by PvP in any way, in fact I do PvP quite a lot, but either solo or "strictly-with-friends-only", and always, always always with whispers and zone off. I don't play well in PvP but I have my fun and thrill. However, whenever I feel like I'm feeling too much joy or frustration from killing or being killed (beyond what I feel is reasonable in a game) I leave and go back to some PvE zone.
    - I have witnessed over time dozens and dozens of players who were adorable persons, getting involved in PvP, and becoming total a**h**s. And leaving the game once and for all when they became conscious of how the general toxicity was getting to their own self.

Don't get me wrong : I know the rage tells, the teabagging, the taunting and all the crap that's going on in PvP is part of a culture, a code, and doesn't mean things as literally as they seem to be to outsiders. Yet I still believe it's make-up for real toxicity and agressivity. Also, you have to realize and become conscious of how horrible and sick it all looks from the outside.

So my point is : if you (by "you" I mean, the PvP community) want to keep those habits and behaviours, keep that "code" among yourselves, then fine, do it.
    But if the issue is to *attract* people from the outside (PvE'rs), as is suggested by this thread, in order to refill the population in Cyrodiil, that's something that you really, really need to reconsider. It's off-putting to an extent that you've simply forgotten over time. Normal people don't enjoy agressivity, even in a competitive environment. Simple as that.

Well put.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I think it is the lag that discourages people from going into Cyro the most. And the zergballs don't necessarily help. That is why even lot of avid PVPers like me mostly avoid it. I just stick to BGs. Premade v. premade in BGs is where the real competition is anyway. I just don't find any excitement in 1vXing literal potatoes or dropping ults on a group of PVEers for kills in Cyro. Sure every once in a while you get a good fight but those are so few and far between. It isn't worth fighting the lag and zergs for the occasional good fight when you can have constant good action in BGs against actual competent opponents.
    Edited by bubbygink on August 31, 2017 4:31PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine if rewards for the worthy were instead boxes you could exchange at a vendor for either tel var or AP.

- Open reward boxes can't be exchanged, so you don't know what you're actually giving away.
    - People who are all set collecting more gear can avoid inventory pile up easily and get back to fighting.
    - PvE folks can get Akaviri, flower satchels and what not faster instead of deconstructed mats.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I
    [*] Reintroducing Master or vMA weapons to end of campaign victory rewards, or creating a new type of 1pc weapon that amplifies Alliance War abilities.
    Naturally, we should avoid ideas that impact leaderboards (we all know how buff servers went...). What other ideas have you had or heard out there, and what are your thoughts on all of this?

I completely agree with the underlying premise of your post. We desperately need to attract more players to PVP. 100% agree and hope Zos takes serious steps toward making this happen.

That said I 100% disagree that vMA or Master weapons should ever be given as a reward. Those weapons should only be earned by completing the content. You could so easily see players who could never finish that content in a million years receive it just by grinding AP.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »
    I agree with the OP saying that we need to attract new / more players to Cyrodiil and I like many of your ideas (Master and / or vMA weapons again as campaign rewards, yay!)

No
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Like the ideas aside from a few:
    * vMA/vDSA weapons as rewards: I know vDSA weapons used to come as rewards but I think trialdrops should come from trials only (not to be compared to overland gear that can be obtained by AP-boxes, overland gear is a different thing).

I would be ok with that if there were some other similarly interesting weapons that could be obtained through PvP, and yes that would probably be even better

Yes!
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    What gave me the incentive to keep coming back to PVP was the monster helms when they could only be purchased with AP. If they tied more things like that to PVP I would play more often. Buying gold jewelry with AP is another thing that will keep me coming back.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    All innovations in the world will not change anything as long as the PvPers themselves don't change their mentality (taunting, insulting, rage whispers, tea-bagging, etc. )

It's just too toxic.

Also the design promotes too much zerging and "stick-to-the-crown" type of gameplay, instead of spreading over, developing strategies, etc. I'm sorry but I don't log into the game to have to follow the crown's a** like on dog on a lane.

Pretty much in agreement here. Cyrodiil is the reason new players don't stick around in Cyrodiil very long. It's a slow downward spiral towards the point where the only residents are people who've become numb to it.

Really? I don't find that to be the case and I am on the same platform as you. There are some toxic players for sure on Xbox but there are plenty of cool people too. I had a zergling TB me the other day when his group Xv1'd me. That same day I 1vX'd him and he immediately sent me a message saying GG. He could have been salty about it but he wasn't. Just saying there is still some sportsmanship out there.

While the design does seem to favor zerging there are some opportunities for small scale play. You have to work a little harder at it but it is there. I run either solo or small man (3-6) and we are able to find pockets where we can have good fights. Sure we get zerged down from time to time and it gets frustrating but we usually get a few good fights each night that makes it worth coming back for more.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    All innovations in the world will not change anything as long as the PvPers themselves don't change their mentality (taunting, insulting, rage whispers, tea-bagging, etc. )

It's just too toxic.

Also the design promotes too much zerging and "stick-to-the-crown" type of gameplay, instead of spreading over, developing strategies, etc. I'm sorry but I don't log into the game to have to follow the crown's a** like on dog on a lane.

Pretty much in agreement here. Cyrodiil is the reason new players don't stick around in Cyrodiil very long. It's a slow downward spiral towards the point where the only residents are people who've become numb to it.

Really? I don't find that to be the case and I am on the same platform as you. There are some toxic players for sure on Xbox but there are plenty of cool people too. I had a zergling TB me the other day when his group Xv1'd me. That same day I 1vX'd him and he immediately sent me a message saying GG. He could have been salty about it but he wasn't. Just saying there is still some sportsmanship out there.

While the design does seem to favor zerging there are some opportunities for small scale play. You have to work a little harder at it but it is there. I run either solo or small man (3-6) and we are able to find pockets where we can have good fights. Sure we get zerged down from time to time and it gets frustrating but we usually get a few good fights each night that makes it worth coming back for more.

It's hard to look at something you're already used to with new eyes though. I'm not saying it's terrible, but I've been in PvP for ages and there are times when even I look at what's happening in zone chat and think "what would a new player see if they read this?"
    Players tbag all the time, and I usually don't even notice because I'm in my map deciding where I'm spawning, but what would a new player think on their death screen watching this?
    The whole "toughen up" attitude doesn't usually make people toughen up, it makes them leave. As as a PvP community we're not better off if new people are leaving.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's hard to look at something you're already used to with new eyes though. I'm not saying it's terrible, but I've been in PvP for ages and there are times when even I look at what's happening in zone chat and think "what would a new player see if they read this?"

Fair points. I will say the zone chat on Vivec is pretty gross. I've learned to ignore it as the comments are pretty horrendous (makes me wonder what is wrong with people).

I think I've seen you on DC before. If you ever wanna run together hit me up. I promise I'm not toxic lol.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    I
    [*] Reintroducing Master or vMA weapons to end of campaign victory rewards, or creating a new type of 1pc weapon that amplifies Alliance War abilities.
    Naturally, we should avoid ideas that impact leaderboards (we all know how buff servers went...). What other ideas have you had or heard out there, and what are your thoughts on all of this?

I completely agree with the underlying premise of your post. We desperately need to attract more players to PVP. 100% agree and hope Zos takes serious steps toward making this happen.

That said I 100% disagree that vMA or Master weapons should ever be given as a reward. Those weapons should only be earned by completing the content. You could so easily see players who could never finish that content in a million years receive it just by grinding AP.

When Master Weapons were first introduced with Upper Craglorn, one of the way to get them was being on the PvP leaderboards. So PvP IS content that naturally rewarded them. I would like to see Master Weapons rewarded that way again.

vMA Weapons? Well, that's a different story entirely...
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

When Master Weapons were first introduced with Upper Craglorn, one of the way to get them was being on the PvP leaderboards. So PvP IS content that naturally rewarded them. I would like to see Master Weapons rewarded that way again.

vMA Weapons? Well, that's a different story entirely...

I am not disagreeing with you that they used to be rewarded. I am stating that it is ridiculous to award weapons from the hardest 4 man content in the game to people who grind AP. Doesn't make sense. And frankly its insulting to the people who are good enough to do the content. Same with vMa. I busted my ass to get my sharpened inferno (rip) and its insane that some zergling scrub could get the same gear for spamming healing springs in a 24 man group. It would remove any meritocracy from the game and I think thats a bad thing.
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are pvping as DC. You open up your map, "where should I go" you ask yourself. You have been playing this game for a while now, and have already tried fighting for the faction going keep to keep. It was fun for a while, but got too repetitive. You have become good enough in pvp that you laugh at the days when you just light attacked enemies as if you had no abilities and were playing Skyrim in 2012. Still looking at the map, there's no swords nearby, but you see that "the bridge is open" and there's baby red/yellow swords on it. You mount up, slot rapids and ride for ~5-10 mins, feeling bad for not feeding your horse more regularly. At the bridge there's 3 stealthed DC one-shotting low CP players. Maybe they are having fun you wonder, or maybe they are just bored. On the bridge you see that there is an EP 6-man group farming casuals who don't yet feel shame for running into the meat grinder. You know better than to go in on them, so you turn around and kill a few pugs coming out of Alessia. After they respawn you don't feel like killing them again so you try to cross the bridge. The 6-man EP group is in comms - they recognize you as someone looking for decent small-scale, so they let you pass. But just as you crest the bridge, a full EP raid comes in hot, and as you try to jump off into the water they chain you back and then you dead.

Could be 20-30 mins gone by, and you had zero fun, and the map feels like zero fun all around. The only outlet is to complain about people zerging.

I know it's not exactly everyone's experience, but the point is that the pvp design is one dimensional. If you are not fighting keep to keep, there is no place for you. This is why people take resources - they are hoping for a smaller fight, and they get sad when 24 players come to take the resource back. Look at how big Cyrodiil is - it's a great map, but the pvp is played out in just a fraction of it. It's a design and gameplay issue above all else. The main incentive to pvp should be the gameplay - the rewards and progression (items/achievements) should be cherry-on-top. The gameplay should be a deep satisfying rhythm and the rewards a catchy melody.

We need:
    1. A meaningful spread of smaller objectives around the map.*
    2. A more regular calendar of events - why not have a double AP weekend once a month?
    3. Better rewards system, as many have proposed.

*The devs need to look at what they did with the towns and ask themselves why it wasn't successful. Perhaps too far away? Too long to capture? No impact on campaign score? It was promising that they added something new to Cyrodiil - but the implementation was poor, and long term they have added little to nothing to overall pvp gameplay.

TL;DR - Great ideas @KenaPKK put out there for bringing in new blood - but to retain new blood Cyrodiil needs more gameplay options - rewards aren't enough to keep people around.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @gibous agreed. You're one of my friends who has stopped logging on again recently. :(:(
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that things from cyro should have effects all across tamriel. Once they get back to just 2 cp campaigns a no CP campaign and a non vet campaign they should consider reintroducing the benefit of scroll bonuses and enemy keep bonuses applying outside of cyro. This will encourage players from outside cyro to venture into PvP and participate in fighting for their faction.

Also, I think it would be cool if there were special events in PvP once every week or every other week and the winning faction would get some bonus outside of campaign scoring and ap. Imagine it like the node wars and fights for castles in BDO where you get a % of the gold earned in the area that your guild holds. Could do something along the lines of that where if your faction wins you get a week long 5% gold/ap/exp buff. Sure this may end up getting zergy but it could be very interesting seeing strategy alliances play out, especially if there are 3 nodes to fight over between the 3 factions.

Also, another thing that could make things interesting is creating a sort of PvP raid boss/ world boss system. Similar to molag bol in the sewers but much harder hitting, much better rewards, and much harder to kill. Give the boss like 200m health and have him do large high damage aoe attacks and make it so that the reward is something similar to maelstrom or master weapons where it's a super low chance to receive something good but farming for that piece of gear will help you a lot in the end. Make a server wide notification that he is spawning and have him spawn every 2-5 days to make it not an every day occurrence. (Yes I got this idea from world bosses in BDO). I think this would help with more consistent population because people won't want to potentially miss out on their chance at gear they need so they will be more likely to be already sitting in cyro.

I'm sure there's a few other ideas in terms of events that can be consistently added to cyro to improve player population and interest in cyrodiil.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 question ZOS will ask is how do we incorporate new pvp mechanisms and gameplay into the crown store.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's free to think people just need thicker skin, and players are free to not return to PvP when they're treated with what they might perceive as insulting behavior. I'm fine with it, I'm in PvP daily. I'd rather have new players join and stay in PvP than leave, so I don't try to be insulting.

As a community, the rate in which it grows can be directly related to how warm the waters feel when someone new steps in.

Thick skin is ok advice, but terrible for fostering a place in which we need more people to fill up the map.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    @gibous agreed. You're one of my friends who has stopped logging on again recently. :(:(

Yeah I know... but I'll be back soon. Have to take regular breaks nowadays - monotony sets in fast every patch due to (as discussed above) the lack of pvp gameplay variety 3+ years in (not counting BGs).
    Also, another thing that could make things interesting is creating a sort of PvP raid boss/ world boss system. Similar to molag bol in the sewers but much harder hitting, much better rewards, and much harder to kill. Give the boss like 200m health and have him do large high damage aoe attacks and make it so that the reward is something similar to maelstrom or master weapons where it's a super low chance to receive something good but farming for that piece of gear will help you a lot in the end. Make a server wide notification that he is spawning and have him spawn every 2-5 days to make it not an every day occurrence. (Yes I got this idea from world bosses in BDO).

Sneaky I had the same take-away from BDO - would be hilarious and fun and lots of scroll-fight-esque pvp could come from something like that. They could also use Molag Bal as a balance tool - when a faction caps the whole map and all scrolls, he spawns and starts punching holes in their keep walls so the dominating faction has to spread out and defend.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Make achievement point useful
    • introduce more Motif that we can buy with AP.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    • Make achievement point useful
    • introduce more Motif that we can buy with AP.

Achievement point ?
    Did you mean Alliance point ?

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gibous wrote: »

Yeah I know... but I'll be back soon. Have to take regular breaks nowadays - monotony sets in fast every patch due to (as discussed above) the lack of pvp gameplay variety 3+ years in (not counting BGs).
    Also, another thing that could make things interesting is creating a sort of PvP raid boss/ world boss system. Similar to molag bol in the sewers but much harder hitting, much better rewards, and much harder to kill. Give the boss like 200m health and have him do large high damage aoe attacks and make it so that the reward is something similar to maelstrom or master weapons where it's a super low chance to receive something good but farming for that piece of gear will help you a lot in the end. Make a server wide notification that he is spawning and have him spawn every 2-5 days to make it not an every day occurrence. (Yes I got this idea from world bosses in BDO).

Sneaky I had the same take-away from BDO - would be hilarious and fun and lots of scroll-fight-esque pvp could come from something like that. They could also use Molag Bal as a balance tool - when a faction caps the whole map and all scrolls, he spawns and starts punching holes in their keep walls so the dominating faction has to spread out and defend.

That would be awesome. Maybe even open portals like in WGT that transports the lower faction to the location he broke the walls. This would also help the map dynamic. Your EP and pushed to the gates. Molag Spawns you at Brindle and Break either the interior wall or exterior walls. At this point anything would be better. But this idea is great. Awesome from me.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gibous wrote: »

Lol that would be pretty funny too. And if you don't do anything for long enough the keep falls to molag bol and is not able to be captured by any faction but the home faction for a period of time.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing the two extra campaigns would be a nice place to start.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider Midyear Mayhem a widely popular event, but since its end, PvP on NA/PC has been slower and Cyrodiil emptier than I've ever seen it. My assumption is that everyone was motivated to PvP a ton for the rewards, enjoyed PvP being crammed with players in all corners of the map on every campaign, and then burned out a little after the event ended -- that much is to be expected. However, when regular PvPers recovered from their burnout and considered coming back to the game, they realized how lacking PvP is compared to how it could be, shrugged, and went to do other things.

Many of my friends log on once or twice a week now, down from nightly. I have barely played since the event. PvP has honestly been pretty boring for the last couple months, aside from the event. Vivec doesn't reach locks during the week now, and queues are small on the weekends. We also all know people who have quit outright over the years. We need incentives to bring regular PvPers back to the game.

But we also need incentives to bring new blood to Cyrodiil. I asked some PvEers what ZOS could do to increase their interest in PvP, and one said "what if owning a region in Cyrodiil gave benefits to your faction outside of Cyrodiil, like if you own certain keeps as EP, you get double node drops in Shadowfen?"

Not that I'd be terribly interested in double node drops in Shadowfen myself, but that's the example he gave. I imagine a lot of people would be interested in some sort of benefit bleeding over from Cyrodiil to their activities outside of Cyrodiil as an incentive to get them into PvP. Other ideas I've seen on the forums and heard in conversations haven't reached out to PvE zones, but they include:
    • Reworking RftW.
    • Spontaneous events spawning on the map for us to run to and fight over. These could include giant daedric bosses protecting a special 7th scroll, mobile Imperial caravans to take out, or any other large objectives for the factions to brawl over.
    • More objective flags planted in towns and ruins around the map.
    • High-yield resource nodes spawning around some of said new objective flags, harvestable by the faction which owns the nearest flag. (Players like the idea of sustaining potion usage with their PvP rewards.)
    • A new transitus network that can port a trickle of players -- say 4 per minute -- across long distances based on ownership of objectives around the edges of the map.
    • Finishing the IC island area, letting us cross the broken bridges, and linking Cyrodiil and IC directly.
    • Expanding IC objectives.
    • Reintroducing Master or vMA weapons to end of campaign victory rewards, or creating a new type of 1pc weapon that amplifies Alliance War abilities.
    • Increasing defensive ticks.
    • And I'm sure I'm forgetting many.

Cool ideas. I'd like to see quests actually do something. For instance, doing a quest in towns or places around the map increases a certain keeps resource upgrade timer by x minutes.

I'd like to see dolmens impact the area near by. Maybe a blanket minor or major defile. Then, the players who partake in stopping the ritual obtain minor vitality or protection.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most important things is imo:

Reduce groupsize.
    Large groups put up a huge barrier people have to overcome to participate. The smaller the amount of people needed - the easier it is to get people to try to participate.
    It´s easier to grab 5 friends out of a guild and form a semi functional group than it is to grab 15.
    It also places more focus on guilds (multiple groups organised within the guild) and less one large group.
    It´s a disincentive to run purgebots/rapidbots in group that put you at a huge advantage over "normal" players/builds.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More gold.
    More Ap.
    But in first place, fix the lag and all the performance problems!
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Reduce groupsize.
    Large groups put up a huge barrier people have to overcome to participate. The smaller the amount of people needed - the easier it is to get people to try to participate.
    It´s easier to grab 5 friends out of a guild and form a semi functional group than it is to grab 15.
    It also places more focus on guilds (multiple groups organised within the guild) and less one large group.
    It´s a disincentive to run purgebots/rapidbots in group that put you at a huge advantage over "normal" players/builds.

Artificially trying to promote smaller group play by capping group size won't change anything. The only way to get small scale action to make a return is by reining back the balance changes that have made numbers the dominant meta.

Parties of 5 can still stack together to steamroll a single Party of 5
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »

Reduce groupsize.

Artificially trying to promote smaller group play by capping group size won't change anything. The only way to get small scale action to make a return is by reining back the balance changes that have made numbers the dominant meta.

Parties of 5 can still stack together to steamroll a single Party of 5

basically this.incentives is a very small part. the bigger issue is Cyrodiil is not as fun as it used to be so people are leaving. i mean you used to be able to find all sorts of PvP and you could play whatever you wanted and do alright. but now it's just kinda stale. all Zergs all the time. there is no variety anymore and i think that's the biggest issue.
    Invictus