The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.3

• Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cry a about your "unique" plague doctor build. Suprise, Alot of ppl run that setup.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »
    You cry a about your "unique" plague doctor build. Suprise, Alot of ppl run that setup.

I run jewerly, 2 heavy and still 5 medium to keep the medium dream alive.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    The shield expert change makes sense... only thing I still wonder about is why the frost staff only gives 30% block cost reduction, while 1h/s gives 36%...
    'Cause one's a stick and the other involves an actual shield?

(This coming from one who runs staves on about half my alts...) They shouldn't be equivalent.

But... It's a MAGICAL stick!
  • frostbreeze
    frostbreeze
    ✭✭✭
    I still see no fix to torugs pact+oblivion damage
  • Blairy087
    Blairy087
    ✭✭✭
    So the lady now helps frost staves but what about the fact you can still run 5/5/2 set up with sword and board but not with frost staves? Or did I miss that part?
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And i got a sick burn from gina for those changes?
    That was everything and next week is the last pts week until clock work city?
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mondini wrote: »
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Valkyn Skoria is not instant - it's delayed with a telegraphed rumble/noise as it gets ready to impact. One can easily ward up in response to the proc. If YOU have problems with Skoria, then that's YOUR problem. L2P and stop crying.
    Nerfing something doesn't improve your gameplay - it just means you'll lose to something else.

WTB working barswap.

You failed to adapt to the game's lag: Simply put a ward on both of your bars so you can always defend without risking lag. Also, blocking doesn't require bar-swapping. Back to school, noob - stop crying for handouts and improve yourself.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The "medium dream" of using that armor incorrectly is the problem. Medium armor is for ambushing - it's in the passives, ffs. Stop foolishly engaging enemies out in the open and expecting to tank everything. LA gets wards, HA gets large defenses, and MA gets dodge/evade/stealth. L2P
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The "medium dream" of using that armor incorrectly is the problem. Medium armor is for ambushing - it's in the passives, ffs. Stop foolishly engaging enemies out in the open and expecting to tank everything. LA gets wards, HA gets large defenses, and MA gets dodge/evade/stealth. L2P

Dodge is not solution for every problem and stealth cannot be reacquired during combat... so what no?

//edit: fu... forgot for a second you are the same *** as before
    Edited by SodanTok on August 1, 2017 2:04PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I totally missed the "ambush" medium armor passive that gives them some sort of advantage over light...
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Jojok93
    Jojok93
    ✭✭
    Noooo shot Nerfs!!!!!
    Game defekt
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Valkyn Skoria is not instant - it's delayed with a telegraphed rumble/noise as it gets ready to impact. One can easily ward up in response to the proc. If YOU have problems with Skoria, then that's YOUR problem. L2P and stop crying.
    Nerfing something doesn't improve your gameplay - it just means you'll lose to something else.

You mean learn to play magicka since this proc removes counterplay from medium armor builds like so many other things in this game.

Why don't you just block it?
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »

You mean learn to play magicka since this proc removes counterplay from medium armor builds like so many other things in this game.

That would require him to be intelligent and commit to improving his skill at a game, rather than asking for a handout. Of course, folks like him will always lose to something - nerf one thing, lose to the next.. the cycle continues.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Told you nerf herders!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point in the state of combat, we can strongly argue that,

1. Every damaging skill/effect in the game except Oblivion damage is strongest against medium armor.

2. There are now a plethora of effects that ignore dodge, but none that ignore shields or bypass a % of total mitigation (except maces which are garbage and suffer diminishing returns). Edit: also bleeds, but these are equally strong against medium.

3. Medium armor has NO form of defense that is not available to the other types and its offensive benefits BARELY outweigh those offered by light/heavy. In fact, 1 of its 2 offensive benefits is completely negated by shields.

Do we really need to wait another 3+ months for this to be addressed?
    Edited by Solariken on August 1, 2017 3:53PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    At this point in the state of combat, we can strongly argue that,

1. Every damaging skill/effect in the game except Oblivion damage is strongest against medium armor.

2. There are now a plethora of effects that ignore dodge, but none that ignore shields or bypass a % of total mitigation (except maces which are garbage and suffer diminishing returns).

3. Medium armor has NO form of defense that is not available to the other types and its offensive benefits BARELY outweigh those offered by light/heavy. In fact, 1 of its 2 offensive benefits is completely negated by shields.

Do we really need to wait another 3+ months for this to be addressed?

Well except Oblivion damage, of which there are only 3 sources.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    plague doctor a little disappointing but not really surprised.

good a time as any to try out my heavy TBS build :)
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • JustSnilloc
    JustSnilloc
    ✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    plague doctor a little disappointing but not really surprised.

good a time as any to try out my heavy TBS build :)

I never saw the appeal of TBS, sure the numbers seem to work out for plenty of people, but the 5 piece bonus is simply one additional Mundus.

Maybe it'll be more valuable now with the buff to Mundus stones.
    [J.S.] The Lost King --->
    http://justsnilloc.proboards.com/
    http://justsnilloc.deviantart.com/
    ~ 0==={{:::::::::::::::x:::::::::::::::}}===0 ~
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP tanks.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Detector wrote: »
    RIP tanks.

@Detector What makes you say that? These changes only applies to a few tanks that run those sets, not any and all tanks. And those nerf will not break those builds either, just nerf them a bit, won't make them unusable.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would require him to be intelligent and commit to improving his skill at a game, rather than asking for a handout. Of course, folks like him will always lose to something - nerf one thing, lose to the next.. the cycle continues.

Why dont u just make it dodgeable so every type of armor can use its main defense and then just cc ur target when u proc the set so u can guarantee that it lands?

Cause that would require u to be intelligent and commit to improving ur skill at the game rather than asking for a handout. Of course folks like you will always abuse every bs mechanic, set, ability in the game. Abuse one skilless bs thing, gets nerfed, abuse the next....they cycle continues.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    2. There are now a plethora of effects that ignore dodge, but none that ignore shields or bypass a % of total mitigation (except maces which are garbage and suffer diminishing returns). Edit: also bleeds, but these are equally strong against medium.

1. Shattering Blows
    2. Shieldbreaker
    3. L2P
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    Why does ZOS have a vendetta against Spell Penetration? First an extremely overdone nerf to Sharpened (a nerf is understandable, but 50% is unwarranted) and now a nerf to Spinners? Seriously ZOS.. Its not funny, just pathetic.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Why dont u just make it dodgeable so every type of armor can use its main defense and then just cc ur target when u proc the set so u can guarantee that it lands?

Cause that would require u to be intelligent and commit to improving ur skill at the game rather than asking for a handout. Of course folks like you will always abuse every bs mechanic, set, ability in the game. Abuse one skilless bs thing, gets nerfed, abuse the next....they cycle continues.

You see, the fact that I'm "abusing the next so-called bs mechanic" means that I'm adapting to change and not asking for handouts, unlike you. "Abusing" a mechanic, eh? I suppose I also "abuse" the following mechanics, according to your twisted logic:
    - Using a lightning staff for its channeled heavy attack, which is dot damage.
    - Using Vampire's Bane to apply its dot damage while I HA or channel another ability.
    - Using Soul Assault for its channeled dot damage.
    - Using Radiant Oppression for its channeled dot damage.
    - Equipping a monster helm that rewards me for utilizing dot damage by providing some burst.
    - Stacking multiple dots to maximize the usefulness of that monster helm.
    - Utilizing multiple in-game mechanics in order create a unique playstyle that I enjoy.
    - Attacking players that refuse to block or ward up against my abilities.
    - Adjusting my build for an upcoming patch by focusing on recently improved things.
    Edited by Vercingetorix on August 1, 2017 6:25PM
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Please reconsider the indirect nerfs to Willpower/Agility/Endurance? By not buffing their 2p bonus in line with the 2-4p buffs to every other set in the game, you are effectively nerfing these three sets. Which aren't even overperforming and have long since been supplanted by other options in both PvE and PvP. So why go through with this nerf?

Agreed, or make gold quality available.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol in a game when when more and more abilities become undodgeable and unavoidable. Haha good one.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You see, the fact that I'm "abusing the next so-called bs mechanic" means that I'm adapting to change and not asking for handouts, unlike you. "Abusing" a mechanic, eh? I suppose I also "abuse" the following mechanics, according to your twisted logic:
    - Using Vampire's Bane to apply its dot damage while I HA or channel another ability.
    - Equipping a monster helm that rewards me for utilizing dot damage by providing some burst.
    - Utilizing multiple in-game mechanics in order create a unique playstyle that I enjoy.
    - Adjusting my build for an upcoming patch by focusing on recently improved things.

No, abusing a set doing free dmg with actually no player skill involved and then defending it and telling other players that need to L2P. The irony. But i didnt really expect you to understand. For you skilless and skill is somehow the same thing.

You see , the most suggested change to skoria wasnt to nerf the dmg or the proc chance or anything. It was just to make it dodgeable and implement a visual effect on people's feet like meteor. That forces the skoria users to use their brain and cc, root or whatever the target to make it land. And it also leaves room for counterplay for the defender. This is called skilled gameplay. Something you clearly are unfamiliar with.

And adapting ur build every patch doesnt make it less bs or abusive or skilless. Everyone and their mother "adapted" their builds by using selene and viper. It was also bs and skilless.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno So you buff leviathan and not berserking warrior as well? The berserking warrior should be 500 crit stack instead of 400 so it will come to par with leviathan. And can I want to mention berserking is harder to get even for the rings than leviathan. Plus you have to stack it 5 times to get the buff and leviathan you just get an easy 2400 crit.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, abusing a set doing free dmg with actually no player skill involved and then defending it and telling other players that need to L2P. The irony. But i didnt really expect you to understand. For you skilless and skill is somehow the same thing.

You see , the most suggested change to skoria wasnt to nerf the dmg or the proc chance or anything. It was just to make it dodgeable and implement a visual effect on people's feet like meteor. That forces the skoria users to use their brain and cc, root or whatever the target to make it land. And it also leaves room for counterplay for the defender. This is called skilled gameplay. Something you clearly are unfamiliar with.

And adapting ur build every patch doesnt make it less bs or abusive or skilless. Everyone and their mother "adapted" their builds by using selene and viper. It was also bs and skilless.

You shouldn't be getting struck by Skoria or any other "unavoidable" attack in the first place. If you are in medium armor, your fights should last a few seconds at most, with your opponent stunned during that short time. Not taking advantage of medium armor's passives is YOUR fault. Engaging enemies out in the open, negating your only advantage by not gaining the stealth bonus, and expecting to tank hits like a player in heavy armor is ridiculous.

Skoria is PREVENTABLE damage for medium armor players because they should be IN STEALTH. The proc is DELAYED so much that even a brain-dead monkey can react in time to it and BLOCK or WARD against it. Changing something in the game because a few people refuse to adapt/improve at the game is ridiculous.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You shouldn't be getting struck by Skoria or any other "unavoidable" attack in the first place. If you are in medium armor, your fights should last a few seconds at most, with your opponent stunned during that short time. Not taking advantage of medium armor's passives is YOUR fault. Engaging enemies out in the open, negating your only advantage by not gaining the stealth bonus, and expecting to tank hits like a player in heavy armor is ridiculous.

Skoria is PREVENTABLE damage for medium armor players because they should be IN STEALTH. The proc is DELAYED so much that even a brain-dead monkey can react in time to it and BLOCK or WARD against it. Changing something in the game because a few people refuse to adapt/improve at the game is ridiculous.

It is stupid of me to react to you, because you obviously dont know anything, but amuse me. How do you enter stealth mid combat without being nightblade and what passives from medium armor are supposed to a;low you to burst down shield user/heavy armor user in matter of seconds? The one that increases the damage of your skills by 100-300? Or that one that gives you 0.5% more crit chance than light armor gets?
    Edited by SodanTok on August 1, 2017 8:54PM