Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.3

• Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Valkyn Skoria is not instant - it's delayed with a telegraphed rumble/noise as it gets ready to impact. One can easily ward up in response to the proc. If YOU have problems with Skoria, then that's YOUR problem. L2P and stop crying.
    Nerfing something doesn't improve your gameplay - it just means you'll lose to something else.

WTB working barswap.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for the updates. I'm curious if you are addressing the current issues with how Infused/Torug enchants are functioning. It was specifically noted in previous PTS notes that the cooldown reduction from these would interact multiplicatively, however on PTS they are currently additive, which is allowing us to proc low-cooldown glyphs (such as fire, frost, shock, poison, disease, etc) once per second. There are videos of this available already, it is clearly an additive function despite what the notes say it should be. Anything you can share on this please?

@ZOS_AlanG I know it's a bit assertive to be tagging you on this as well, but I know Gina is super swamped basically all the time, and this is a - dare I say - HUGE issue. Please pass this along, and have your team(s) look at Torug's Pact + Infused damage parses. The damage glyphs (oblivion included) are all able to be dropped to a 1s cooldown, thereby allowing them to proc every second. Some of the parses since this update on PTS so far have shown a singular shock glyph pulling 9-11k by itself. This outpaces the strongest AoE DoTs in the game, even those buffed by vMA weapons (try comparing to volley).

This most assuredly is bad for PvE build diversity, perhaps PvP too but I haven't been focusing on that aspect, so I won't infer anything in that regard right now.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 31, 2017 8:13PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    That is a poor argument, I've played stealthy medium armor rogues/assassins in half a dozen MMOs & been perfectly able to duel people in them & stay competitive. Why do you think ESO should be different?

Especially considering that this 1v1 weakness is more of a recent development - duels in medium armor used to be perfectly balanced in 2014/2015.

Those other "half-dozen MMOs" did things their way. ESO treats medium armor differently. Dueling people is something you do that's an OPTIONAL and unrepresentative component of actual PvP combat. Being upset that your rogue doesn't tank hits out in the open like Heavy Armor or a fully warded mage is ridiculous. Medium armor trades defense for extra burst damage and stealth bonuses - in THIS game.

Oh boy... where to begin.
    1. ESO treats medium armor differently.
      Yes, they currently do (and it's driving plenty of people I know away from the game) - this hasn't always been the case though - medium armor was more balanced in 1v1 before and there's no reason why it shouldn't be.
    2. Dueling people is something you do that's an OPTIONAL and unrepresentative component of actual PvP combat.
      Dueling is actual PvP (Player vs Player) combat. You might not think so, but a lot of people who enjoy testing their mettle in a controlled 1v1 environment do. Is there a downside to actually making these people happy? Please, let me know.
    3. Being upset that your rogue doesn't tank hits out in the open like Heavy Armor or a fully warded mage is ridiculous.
      There are more ways of mitigating damage & engaging your opponents than tanking it with Heavy Armor or spamming shields. The source of most unbalance currently is that these specific methods are not working well enough (i.e. undodgeable attacks).
    4. Medium armor trades defense for extra burst damage
      No it doesn't - magicka builds can deal just as much (and often more) burst with their combos than medium armor users, and heavy armor is actually able to get much higher weapon damage than medium armor (e.g. Fury+Legion) & thus has potential to deal much more damage as well.
    5. and stealth bonuses
      There are no real impactful medium armor specific stealth bonuses - everyone deals the same amount of damage from stealth (ever since they removed sneak attack modifier, which granted stamina skills +20% damage from stealth). Anyone can stealth - in THIS game.
    Edited by DDuke on July 31, 2017 8:14PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    New Homes
    New homes are now available to be previewed and purchased for testing!
    • Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!
      • This home will only be available for purchase with crowns once it goes live.
    I'm quite surprised at that. I was expecting it to be available for gold for those who completed, say, Gold Coast Connections or Bane of the Gold Coast.

Exactly.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Makes me laugh hearing about the "infused oblivion" enchant moans... I can tell it's Vampires and Shield Stacker Sorcs/Magclasses complaining. haha It's all about the natural balance here... oblivion enchant users need some way to counter Sorcerers, as well as Vampires. You take it away and nerf it to oblivion... no pun intended... then they will continue to just reign like always. If I die by Oblivion damage, I look at it myself - I'm then relying too much on shields as a Mageblade and need other means like HoTs to maintain health, or different potions to counteract them.

Why vamps? The glyph that kills vamps is Prismatic Onslaught
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is a poor argument, I've played stealthy medium armor rogues/assassins in half a dozen MMOs & been perfectly able to duel people in them & stay competitive. Why do you think ESO should be different?

Especially considering that this 1v1 weakness is more of a recent development - duels in medium armor used to be perfectly balanced in 2014/2015.

Those other "half-dozen MMOs" did things their way. ESO treats medium armor differently. Dueling people is something you do that's an OPTIONAL and unrepresentative component of actual PvP combat. Being upset that your rogue doesn't tank hits out in the open like Heavy Armor or a fully warded mage is ridiculous. Medium armor trades defense for extra burst damage and stealth bonuses - in THIS game.

No. Medium armor's defense is dodge attacks with evasion and dodge roll and high mobility through sprint and stealth. Undodgeable stuff takes away medium armor's main defence. Stop picking just the passives that u see fit to boost ur argument. It only makes you look like a fool. In fact you already made urself look like a fool when u said medium armor builds should only be stealthy gankers or else just die. If there is anyone who needs to L2P here is you.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Makes me laugh hearing about the "infused oblivion" enchant moans... I can tell it's Vampires and Shield Stacker Sorcs/Magclasses complaining. haha It's all about the natural balance here... oblivion enchant users need some way to counter Sorcerers, as well as Vampires. You take it away and nerf it to oblivion... no pun intended... then they will continue to just reign like always. If I die by Oblivion damage, I look at it myself - I'm then relying too much on shields as a Mageblade and need other means like HoTs to maintain health, or different potions to counteract them.

Doesn't it go through Mist Form unmitigated? Perhaps I am mistaken.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And I just farmed some spriggan's so I wouldn't have to farm sanctum ophidia for TFS... please nerf TFS too, SO is a really boring trial to farm.

No need for TFS nerf, its good stam have something good remains!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Jesus do you know this game? There is an audible cue that goes on for a significant amount of time.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it does go through Mist Form, it just doesn't do any additional damage specifically to vampires which is where I think the confusion came in.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It does
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Will the Linchal Grand Manor come with a title? Just curious 'cuz the other three manors come with one. Thank you!
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭

Except they keep reducing burst (damage bonus from stealth, sharpened nerf, proc nerfs, etc etc) but not increase defense to compensate. What does Light armor spamming shields trade? Not defense, dps, mobility, etc. You can't have 1 armor type with an extreme tradeoff and keep making it worse while others have no tradeoff.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The Cozy Fenside Cottage has a Player Cap of 6, but all it's other attributes are of a Medium house, which usually has a Player Cap of 12. Is that intended?

(On a related note - any progress in getting the player caps increased?)

Leogon wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno Will the Linchal Grand Manor come with a title? Just curious 'cuz the other three manors come with one. Thank you!
    Unlikely. That would be a Crown Store -only title, and that was not a popular suggestion last time it was proposed.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 31, 2017 8:31PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Jesus do you know this game? There is an audible cue that goes on for a significant amount of time.

Nice. Defend skoria and on the other side cry for selene nerf ^^
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    John_1999 wrote: »
    That buff to Draugr Hulk, holy s#%§"

IKR!!! 40 extra stamina hype!!!!!!!!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Yoven
    Yoven
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I would try to voice my concerns by using strong arguments and reason, but when ZoS looses all reason and just blatantly reduces a set like Plague Docter from 6000 to 4000 health all reason is lost. Do you even know there is a set which gives you 4000 magicka? Do you? 4000 magicka vs. 4000 health, really? No ZoS, don't nerf that set too because you don't think things through. Please, just go and stand in the corner to think about what you are planning to do.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

Nice because one gets balanced cry for nerf on one that was already balanced for a long time in game.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    So torugs, oblivion enchant and valkyn skoria is gonna be the new meta right? I'll start CRAFTING it since it's the most easily obtainable 5 piece set. What is it, 3 trait? Lmao gg

"OMG, grinding dungeons sucks"
    "OMG, crafted sets OP"

Have you tested torag?

It is already nerf and there was clear explaination on forum by user. So stop panic and feel relax!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its not exactly instant though is it, the meteor is much like Ice Comet/Shooting Star, it takes about a second or 2 to actually hit, although the only telegraph is the sound (or vibrate on a controller).
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No balance changes, just nerfs to a bunch of good sets that people liked to use which weren't overperforming. Big nerfs too.

Why?

It seems that the end goal of these changes (though Wrobel won't say it) is to make 2/3/4 set bonuses stronger and 5-piece bonuses weaker.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

Nice because one gets balanced cry for nerf on one that was already balanced for a long time in game.

It was technically balanced before it got buffed though. Pre-buff it was just shy of being meta in comparison to say Infernal or Grotharr. After the buff it got.... honestly speaking it did get over-tuned to be on par with the likes of Seleane and Tremor. Only thing differentiating them was their means of procing, where Skoria was claimed balanced because it was "hard" to proc... yet most magicka classes had loads of DoT's anyways.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WardogAce wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what a VFX Furnishing is? I can only think "Visual Effects" but what does this include?

The new VFX furnishings is called the Mists of the Hag Fen and you get to place...mist at your house.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @actosh yes absolutely. You're digging yourself a pit with this. Selenes was an instant hit damage nearly double the power of skoria with double the proc chance and a faster cooldown. Seriously do you people know what youre talking about at all? Plus if you've bothered to read many of my other comments the biggest issue with Selenes as I've menioned is the fact that the cc is broken on incap strike and you often have no possibility of getting off the ground. Know what you're talking about before you decide to go forum warrior on me. And I say this all as someone who uses both sets and enjoys Selenes very much. It's still an insane amount of damage.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 31, 2017 9:39PM
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like ZoS is making the sets a bit less extreme on the stat changes. overall a good idea imo. Should help make building for a certain playstyle require a little more than equipping 1 set that gives an enormous buff.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf to Spinner's and Spriggan's totally unwarranted. And I don't even run those sets. But it was nice to consider them a potential option. Now even weaker and I'll just totally write them off. At least in PvP.

Once again ZoS proving they don't understand that penetration is situational when it comes to low resistance targets and shielded targets.

50% nerf to Sharpened still there and still too extreme of a nerf.
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭

Oh boy... where to begin.
    1. ESO treats medium armor differently.
      Yes, they currently do (and it's driving plenty of people I know away from the game) - this hasn't always been the case though - medium armor was more balanced in 1v1 before and there's no reason why it shouldn't be.
    2. Dueling people is something you do that's an OPTIONAL and unrepresentative component of actual PvP combat.
      Dueling is actual PvP (Player vs Player) combat. You might not think so, but a lot of people who enjoy testing their mettle in a controlled 1v1 environment do. Is there a downside to actually making these people happy? Please, let me know.
    3. Being upset that your rogue doesn't tank hits out in the open like Heavy Armor or a fully warded mage is ridiculous.
      There are more ways of mitigating damage & engaging your opponents than tanking it with Heavy Armor or spamming shields. The source of most unbalance currently is that these specific methods are not working well enough (i.e. undodgeable attacks).
    4. Medium armor trades defense for extra burst damage
      No it doesn't - magicka builds can deal just as much (and often more) burst with their combos than medium armor users, and heavy armor is actually able to get much higher weapon damage than medium armor (e.g. Fury+Legion) & thus has potential to deal much more damage as well.
    5. and stealth bonuses
      There are no real impactful medium armor specific stealth bonuses - everyone deals the same amount of damage from stealth (ever since they removed sneak attack modifier, which granted stamina skills +20% damage from stealth). Anyone can stealth - in THIS game.

Ok,
    1. treating medium armor the same as heavy would make the game that much more boring as it would remove diversity.
    2. Well, I agree its pvp so no issues there
    3. Medium armor excels at allowing you to do significantly more up front damage as well as avoid attacks through dodge, via extra resource management, and shuffle ( a combo dodge + snare removal)
    4. Heavy armor will only get that high weapon damage against someone who doesn't know how to counter it and if they are constantly being attacked during that time, often requiring a long while before they can output their full potential ( also with those two set combos, the sustain on those builds will be significantly lower (basically garbage) than a medium armor build so running them out of resources is extremely easy.)
    5. stealth bonii are more inline with the ability to sustain resources and stealth for longer periods.
    Extra: only thing i think they should do is make the armor skill lines require 5 pieces of that weight. That way, medium armor will retain its uniqueness and give it an exclusive, and fairly powerful mitigation abiltiy through shuffle. The problem at the moment in heavy is that they can stack full resist and get the 15% dodge chance of a medium armor build at once.
    Edited by Bakkagami on July 31, 2017 9:58PM
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did they fix the bug where heavy attacks with certain weapons does not proc the weapon enchantment? I made a thread like 3 weeks ago....
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    No balance changes, just nerfs to a bunch of good sets that people liked to use which weren't overperforming. Big nerfs too.

Why?

It seems that the end goal of these changes (though Wrobel won't say it) is to make 2/3/4 set bonuses stronger and 5-piece bonuses weaker.

I wouldn't blame ZoS here. The restless cries of nerf are coming from many members of the community who assert X gear, Y class, and Z ability are overpowered.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So just did a little test with Tremorscale, unless the target is standing perfectly still, or is already severly snared, you can just walk out of it like its nothing, easiest thing in the world to dodge now. And since most people are in constant movement in fights this set now demands you to use Roots or knock downs before use or you will miss 100% of the time.