The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.3

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Man, feels like you guys really just don't like tanks. Defending nerfed. Shield CP passive nerfed. Plague Dr. nerfed. Sustain nerfed repeatedly in different ways through various patches. DK nerfs (I know, specific class, but it effected DK tanks obviously). Maybe the secret to getting sorcs brought into balance is to start shield tanking on them lol.

@xaraan @Oompuh

The change to Shield Expert, now named Bulwark, was a BUFF! Only thing it nerfed was Nirnhoned Shields, and it didn't actually nerf it by much. Now that the numbers on live on the PTS though I did notice I made an error in my line of thinking on the thread with the teaser patch notes. Nirnhoned is still the better one but by less. 26 resistance difference instead of the current 45 resistance difference. But this was a nice buff to non Reinforced, non Nirnhoned Shields. 210 resistance, which equals about 0.3% mitigation, its something :tongue: In the end this was a Buff over all.

Gold CP 160 Shield with Shield Expert on Live: 1720*1.75=3010
    Gold CP 160 Shield with Bulwark on PTS: 1720+1500=3220

Gold Reinforced CP 160 Shield with Shield Expert on Live: 1720*1.16*1.75=3491
    Gold Reinforced CP 160 Shield with Bulwark on PTS: 1720*1.16+1500=3495

Gold Nirnhoned CP 160 Shield with Shield Expert on Live: (1720+301)*1.75=3536
    Gold Nirnhoned CP 160 Shield with Bulwark on PTS: 1720+301+1500=3521

Well, as someone using a Nirnhoned shield then, it was - as I said and you just said - a nerf. More importantly though it was one thing on a long list of annoyances I mentioned and not the sole issue.

To look at it as the sole point I wouldn't have complained about it alone. It seems inline with some of their other trait adjustments where it makes other traits still useful and you don't have to have the attitude of "I need a reinforced or nirnhoned shield" Kind of like they made it so other traits are viable aside from sharpened for weapons. So in that regard it doesn't bother me.

If you look at my tank overall though before patch and after there will be a considerable nerf to him. This game is a game of inches where you add up little things to make a build, so even something being 'just a little nerf' on a list of other things, adds up. I didn't feel like tanking was in a great place as it was with the sustain nerfs and previous blocking nerfs (and yes, I tank end game vet trial content, it's do-able - not the same thing as good spot or enjoyable IMO), so seeing that my build will be weaker in several different ways is, as I said, annoying. Be nice to look forward to a patch for once.
    Edited by xaraan on August 1, 2017 9:10PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't be getting struck by Skoria or any other "unavoidable" attack in the first place. If you are in medium armor, your fights should last a few seconds at most, with your opponent stunned during that short time. Not taking advantage of medium armor's passives is YOUR fault. Engaging enemies out in the open, negating your only advantage by not gaining the stealth bonus, and expecting to tank hits like a player in heavy armor is ridiculous.

Skoria is PREVENTABLE damage for medium armor players because they should be IN STEALTH. The proc is DELAYED so much that even a brain-dead monkey can react in time to it and BLOCK or WARD against it. Changing something in the game because a few people refuse to adapt/improve at the game is ridiculous.

Is that why stealth burst damage has been nerfed in almost every patch? Or why ZOS removed any extra damage from stealth?

Pardon me, but based on the changes stealth has received over the years, it almost sounds like the developers don't want people instagibbing others from stealth.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1e5k1jtpejw3.jpg

7pq95x6nm3bg.png

zvhwsajfc09j.png
    Item Sets
    • Plague Doctor: Decreased the Max Health granted by this Item Set to 4000 from 6000.

Why was this set even touched? Seriously zos you baffle me. For once i make a unique build utilising this set as a dps/bruiser type build in pvp and it gets nerfed.... go figure.

How can raw max health stat's even compare to anything else? This set isn't even used by tanks anymore for pve. It was only a health boon for niche health builds in pvp or to add an insurance policy from burst on a squishy build. You gain no damage, healing or anything... just more health.

2k health is a lot of health gone. Consider that im an Imperial with 3 shadow abilities slotted as a nightblade. That's 2420 total health im loosing now for no reason.

On-top of all this Necropotence still has 4000 max magicka. HOW CAN 4K HEALTH EVEN COMPARE TO 4K MAGICKA.

REVERT THIS.

It's not niche at all when all aoe destro ball groups realised you can just stack health bonuses and layer up storms to compensate and run around as 30k health VD bombers to plague cyrodiil

How is plague doctor an issue in that scenario?

When the issue you stated is more so pointed towards a grotesquely balanced ultimate and abusing vicious death with stacking Destro's. All plague doctor did was give them an insurance policy to burst. 2k less health isn't going to change those ball groups. All it does it hurt the niche builds that actually needed the health.

Only changes to destro ult or vicious death will alleviate that issue.

You tryna tell me Plague Doctor should get nerfed for something hardly even relevant? People will just slot health food and replace whatever stat they were missing with the corresponding stated set.

In reality vicious death should have a delayed proc just like Widowmaker considering zos is making all procs none instant.
    Eye of the Storm should be reverted to its pts damage model where it was actually balanced or reduced by 50% damage (which would make meteor bis for dps again).

but hey lets nerf plague doctor because destro ult and vicious death killed me.... makes sense. @Wrobel

If you are talking 50% that better be just the eots morph.the other morph is fine.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Valkyn Skoria is not instant - it's delayed with a telegraphed rumble/noise as it gets ready to impact. One can easily ward up in response to the proc. If YOU have problems with Skoria, then that's YOUR problem. L2P and stop crying.
    Nerfing something doesn't improve your gameplay - it just means you'll lose to something else.

You mean learn to play magicka since this proc removes counterplay from medium armor builds like so many other things in this game.

Why don't you just block it?

That would require him to be intelligent and commit to improving his skill at a game, rather than asking for a handout. Of course, folks like him will always lose to something - nerf one thing, lose to the next.. the cycle continues.

Why dont u just make it dodgeable so every type of armor can use its main defense and then just cc ur target when u proc the set so u can guarantee that it lands?

Cause that would require u to be intelligent and commit to improving ur skill at the game rather than asking for a handout. Of course folks like you will always abuse every bs mechanic, set, ability in the game. Abuse one skilless bs thing, gets nerfed, abuse the next....they cycle continues.

You see, the fact that I'm "abusing the next so-called bs mechanic" means that I'm adapting to change and not asking for handouts, unlike you. "Abusing" a mechanic, eh? I suppose I also "abuse" the following mechanics, according to your twisted logic:
    - Using a lightning staff for its channeled heavy attack, which is dot damage.
    - Using Vampire's Bane to apply its dot damage while I HA or channel another ability.
    - Using Soul Assault for its channeled dot damage.
    - Using Radiant Oppression for its channeled dot damage.
    - Equipping a monster helm that rewards me for utilizing dot damage by providing some burst.
    - Stacking multiple dots to maximize the usefulness of that monster helm.
    - Utilizing multiple in-game mechanics in order create a unique playstyle that I enjoy.
    - Attacking players that refuse to block or ward up against my abilities.
    - Adjusting my build for an upcoming patch by focusing on recently improved things.

No, abusing a set doing free dmg with actually no player skill involved and then defending it and telling other players that need to L2P. The irony. But i didnt really expect you to understand. For you skilless and skill is somehow the same thing.

You see , the most suggested change to skoria wasnt to nerf the dmg or the proc chance or anything. It was just to make it dodgeable and implement a visual effect on people's feet like meteor. That forces the skoria users to use their brain and cc, root or whatever the target to make it land. And it also leaves room for counterplay for the defender. This is called skilled gameplay. Something you clearly are unfamiliar with.

And adapting ur build every patch doesnt make it less bs or abusive or skilless. Everyone and their mother "adapted" their builds by using selene and viper. It was also bs and skilless.

If that's the most suggested change, then it's no wonder ZoS doesn't listen to us very much. That would make it worse in every single way than Selene because Selenes will hit the target the user is attacking (Skoria is not as controllable), has a shorter proc delay, does more damage, does not require a specific build / works well with every class, and can be comboed with burst instant-damage skills rather than DoTs.
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about "A plea for help"? Is that finally fixed and readable outside the instanced library?
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1e5k1jtpejw3.jpg

7pq95x6nm3bg.png

zvhwsajfc09j.png
    Item Sets
    • Plague Doctor: Decreased the Max Health granted by this Item Set to 4000 from 6000.

Why was this set even touched? Seriously zos you baffle me. For once i make a unique build utilising this set as a dps/bruiser type build in pvp and it gets nerfed.... go figure.

How can raw max health stat's even compare to anything else? This set isn't even used by tanks anymore for pve. It was only a health boon for niche health builds in pvp or to add an insurance policy from burst on a squishy build. You gain no damage, healing or anything... just more health.

2k health is a lot of health gone. Consider that im an Imperial with 3 shadow abilities slotted as a nightblade. That's 2420 total health im loosing now for no reason.

On-top of all this Necropotence still has 4000 max magicka. HOW CAN 4K HEALTH EVEN COMPARE TO 4K MAGICKA.

REVERT THIS.

It's not niche at all when all aoe destro ball groups realised you can just stack health bonuses and layer up storms to compensate and run around as 30k health VD bombers to plague cyrodiil

How is plague doctor an issue in that scenario?

When the issue you stated is more so pointed towards a grotesquely balanced ultimate and abusing vicious death with stacking Destro's. All plague doctor did was give them an insurance policy to burst. 2k less health isn't going to change those ball groups. All it does it hurt the niche builds that actually needed the health.

Only changes to destro ult or vicious death will alleviate that issue.

You tryna tell me Plague Doctor should get nerfed for something hardly even relevant? People will just slot health food and replace whatever stat they were missing with the corresponding stated set.

In reality vicious death should have a delayed proc just like Widowmaker considering zos is making all procs none instant.
    Eye of the Storm should be reverted to its pts damage model where it was actually balanced or reduced by 50% damage (which would make meteor bis for dps again).

but hey lets nerf plague doctor because destro ult and vicious death killed me.... makes sense. @Wrobel

If you are talking 50% that better be just the eots morph.the other morph is fine.

I did state Eye of the Storm. I was intending only this morph be changed. I will edit it just to be more clear.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Tethalion
    Tethalion
    ✭✭✭
    [*]Leviathan: Increased the Weapon Critical Strike rating granted by this Item Set to 2470 from 1643.
    Leviathan now gives more crit than Major Savagery with a single set-bonus. I'm so glad I kept it from before.

Edited by Tethalion on August 1, 2017 11:59PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »
    You cry a about your "unique" plague doctor build. Suprise, Alot of ppl run that setup.

I run jewerly, 2 heavy and still 5 medium to keep the medium dream alive.

The "medium dream" of using that armor incorrectly is the problem. Medium armor is for ambushing - it's in the passives, ffs. Stop foolishly engaging enemies out in the open and expecting to tank everything. LA gets wards, HA gets large defenses, and MA gets dodge/evade/stealth. L2P

Sure just lemme dodge/evade bird spam, curse spam and all the other undodgeable abilities in the game. Medium armour is not a 1 trick armour type to gank. Plague Doctor actually solved a lot of issues 5 medium had. I couldn't be bursted, it gave me time to kite/sprint since so much is undodgeable and recover.

I still had Viper/Hundings, i still had Seleane/Velidrith. I could still gank/burst people just fine. The extra health actually saved me more times then i can count, most stamblade combo's would put me down to only 50% hp and i could recovery and retaliate with ease. I recon you try it.
    PS4 NA DC
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Valkyn Skoria is not instant - it's delayed with a telegraphed rumble/noise as it gets ready to impact. One can easily ward up in response to the proc. If YOU have problems with Skoria, then that's YOUR problem. L2P and stop crying.
    Nerfing something doesn't improve your gameplay - it just means you'll lose to something else.

You mean learn to play magicka since this proc removes counterplay from medium armor builds like so many other things in this game.

That would require him to be intelligent and commit to improving his skill at a game, rather than asking for a handout. Of course, folks like him will always lose to something - nerf one thing, lose to the next.. the cycle continues.

Why dont u just make it dodgeable so every type of armor can use its main defense and then just cc ur target when u proc the set so u can guarantee that it lands?

Cause that would require u to be intelligent and commit to improving ur skill at the game rather than asking for a handout. Of course folks like you will always abuse every bs mechanic, set, ability in the game. Abuse one skilless bs thing, gets nerfed, abuse the next....they cycle continues.

You see, the fact that I'm "abusing the next so-called bs mechanic" means that I'm adapting to change and not asking for handouts, unlike you. "Abusing" a mechanic, eh? I suppose I also "abuse" the following mechanics, according to your twisted logic:
    - Using Vampire's Bane to apply its dot damage while I HA or channel another ability.
    - Equipping a monster helm that rewards me for utilizing dot damage by providing some burst.
    - Utilizing multiple in-game mechanics in order create a unique playstyle that I enjoy.
    - Adjusting my build for an upcoming patch by focusing on recently improved things.

No, abusing a set doing free dmg with actually no player skill involved and then defending it and telling other players that need to L2P. The irony. But i didnt really expect you to understand. For you skilless and skill is somehow the same thing.

You see , the most suggested change to skoria wasnt to nerf the dmg or the proc chance or anything. It was just to make it dodgeable and implement a visual effect on people's feet like meteor. That forces the skoria users to use their brain and cc, root or whatever the target to make it land. And it also leaves room for counterplay for the defender. This is called skilled gameplay. Something you clearly are unfamiliar with.

And adapting ur build every patch doesnt make it less bs or abusive or skilless. Everyone and their mother "adapted" their builds by using selene and viper. It was also bs and skilless.

You shouldn't be getting struck by Skoria or any other "unavoidable" attack in the first place. If you are in medium armor, your fights should last a few seconds at most, with your opponent stunned during that short time. Not taking advantage of medium armor's passives is YOUR fault. Engaging enemies out in the open, negating your only advantage by not gaining the stealth bonus, and expecting to tank hits like a player in heavy armor is ridiculous.

Skoria is PREVENTABLE damage for medium armor players because they should be IN STEALTH. The proc is DELAYED so much that even a brain-dead monkey can react in time to it and BLOCK or WARD against it. Changing something in the game because a few people refuse to adapt/improve at the game is ridiculous.

The bolded line is why you should stop posting in these forums. You have this stupid idea in ur mind of how medium armor should be but the think is that this is all it is. A stupid idea. Not everyone is a nightblade. Stop making urself look even more stupid. Medium armor passives also give you reduced cost to dodge roll. Stop picking just the passives that suits you the most.

You sir have no clue about the game in general. You are just the usual player afraid of losing his crutches.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 2, 2017 12:11AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If that's the most suggested change, then it's no wonder ZoS doesn't listen to us very much. That would make it worse in every single way than Selene because Selenes will hit the target the user is attacking (Skoria is not as controllable), has a shorter proc delay, does more damage, does not require a specific build / works well with every class, and can be comboed with burst instant-damage skills rather than DoTs.

So ur issue is with selene. Iol. You literally said why selene is so broken. This dumb logic everyone follows is really hilarious. This is not broken cause the other thing is more broken. No wonder we always end up with broken stuff.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 2, 2017 12:16AM
  • VycDarkshadow
    VycDarkshadow
    ✭✭✭
    (Passes popcorn around while everyone else complains because ZOS changed something.)
    Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So ur issue is with selene. Iol. You literally said why selene is so broken. This dumb logic everyone follows is really hilarious. This is not broken cause the other thing is more broken. No wonder we always end up with broken stuff.

Nope. That's not my issue.

I am one of the few people who have said I don't mind facing an opponent who uses Selenes. It's strong, but I think seeing if not stacking with the instant procs Viper and REd mountain is worth at least trying first before nerfing it and other sets into uselessness.
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 2, 2017 4:47AM
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like every patch Stamina users get nerfed, at least itemization wise, yet somehow Magicka sets like necropotence and skoria go untouched. Welp guess it's time to jump on the magsorc train.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am one of the few people who have said I don't mind facing an opponent who uses Selenes. It's strong, but I think seeing if not stacking with the instant procs Viper and REd mountain is worth at least trying first before nerfing it and other sets into uselessness.

Its about implementing skill in the use of those sets. This is the biggest issue with procs, that they dont need skill to be used atm on live. That means delayed, visual effects and main defence of each armor type working as a counter. They hit hard, they should be hard to land. Skoria isnt an exception and selene being a million times better isnt a reason for skoria to stay as it is.
    Selene should be what we try to avoid. Not what we compare other sets with, to see if they are ok. This is how people always think and we end up with stuff like that.

If a set is balanced but ends up being "useless" and never used because there is another set that is broken and outperforms it, then so be it. The issue is with the broken set. Not with the one that is balanced.
  • Molag_Swag
    Molag_Swag
    ✭✭
    Why nerf spriggans/spinners? This is a huge nerf because penetration has no effect on damage shields and in a PvP standpoint Magic Sorcs are clearly the most over-performing class. With the nerf to sharpened, I would think these sets deserve a slight buff. Secondly, I'm getting sick of reading about these "nerfs", 4/5 sets in this game are just about useless or too underwhelming that people don't even bother to use them. Start buffing/reworking these sets! Farming dungeons/zones for one specific set is just ridiculous. You added these sets in the game, make it so that people will actually use them instead of nerfing the sets that people actually do use. Please listen to the community, the people who keep this game (your jobs) running.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Swag wrote: »
    Why nerf spriggans/spinners? This is a huge nerf because penetration has no effect on damage shields and in a PvP standpoint Magic Sorcs are clearly the most over-performing class. With the nerf to sharpened, I would think these sets deserve a slight buff. Secondly, I'm getting sick of reading about these "nerfs", 4/5 sets in this game are just about useless or too underwhelming that people don't even bother to use them. Start buffing/reworking these sets! Farming dungeons/zones for one specific set is just ridiculous. You added these sets in the game, make it so that people will actually use them instead of nerfing the sets that people actually do use. Please listen to the community, the people who keep this game (your jobs) running.

I would guess that because of the nerf to sharpened. I mean, halving the pen of sharpened really just doubled the value of the spinners/spriggarns 5-piece, making them the next BiS. Nerf was warrented imho.

When I saw the trait changes, I was obviously looking at switching to spinners from Julianos and to infused from sharpened.. penetration would have been about the same with very little loss (probably a damage boost tbh).
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Molag_Swag wrote: »

I would guess that because of the nerf to sharpened. I mean, halving the pen of sharpened really just doubled the value of the spinners/spriggarns 5-piece, making them the next BiS. Nerf was warrented imho.

When I saw the trait changes, I was obviously looking at switching to spinners from Julianos and to infused from sharpened.. penetration would have been about the same with very little loss (probably a damage boost tbh).

With that reasoning it´s weird that Two-fanged snaked didn´t receive a nerf, just sayin :P
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cry a about your "unique" plague doctor build. Suprise, Alot of ppl run that setup.

:(
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1e5k1jtpejw3.jpg

7pq95x6nm3bg.png
    Champion System
    • The Lady
      • Shield Expert: This 30-point unlock now increases your Spell and Physical Resistance by 1500 when you are using a Shield or a Frost Staff instead of increasing the armor value from your Shield by 75%.

oj4bwecp7odl.png
    General

Champion System
    • The Lady
      • Shield Expert: Renamed this ability to Bulwark.

zvhwsajfc09j.png
    Item Sets
    • Amber Plasm: Decreased the Magicka and Stamina Recovery granted by this Item Set to 250 from 300.
    • Selene: Increased the delay from when this Item Set procs to when it deals damage to 1.3 seconds from 1 second.
    • Tremorscale: This Item Set’s proc now occurs after a one second delay instead of instantly dealing unavoidable damage.

*Shield Expert change is a nerf to sorcerers/others using shields ?
    I didn't calculate the difference between 75% armor of shields to 1,500 self physical and spell resistance yet.
    Does it mean that the shields will have to be off for the resistances to apply or the shields receive those resistances too ?

*Amber Plasm builds were a bit OP, it is good that you nerfed this set.
    *Plague Doctor change will damage a lot of players using this set for tanking.
    2k less health can sometime make a difference.
    *Selene change is good and I hope it will be enough to balance this monster set.
    *Tremorscale was way too strong, I'm happy with this change.

Proc sets will not be as strong when update 15 will be implemented.
    All the proc set users will have to learn to play again due to their build/s being average or a bit more and not OP.
    Finally the players who never used proc sets will return to power :)

Why there are no developer comments attached to the changes ?
    There are some pointless nerfs/changes, like the Spinner nerf...

Edited by Universe on August 2, 2017 2:22PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    1e5k1jtpejw3.jpg

7pq95x6nm3bg.png
    Champion System
    • The Lady
      • Shield Expert: This 30-point unlock now increases your Spell and Physical Resistance by 1500 when you are using a Shield or a Frost Staff instead of increasing the armor value from your Shield by 75%.

oj4bwecp7odl.png
    General

Champion System
    • The Lady
      • Shield Expert: Renamed this ability to Bulwark.

zvhwsajfc09j.png
    Item Sets
    • Amber Plasm: Decreased the Magicka and Stamina Recovery granted by this Item Set to 250 from 300.
    • Selene: Increased the delay from when this Item Set procs to when it deals damage to 1.3 seconds from 1 second.
    • Tremorscale: This Item Set’s proc now occurs after a one second delay instead of instantly dealing unavoidable damage.

*Shield Expert change is a nerf to sorcerers/others using shields ?
    I didn't calculate the difference between 75% armor of shields to 1,500 self physical and spell resistance yet.
    Does it mean that the shields will have to be off for the resistances to apply or the shields receive those resistances too ?

*Amber Plasm builds were a bit OP, it is good that you nerfed this set.
    *Plague Doctor change will damage a lot of players using this set for tanking.
    2k less health can sometime make a difference.
    *Selene change is good and I hope it will be enough to balance this monster set.
    *Tremorscale was way too strong, I'm happy with this change.

Proc sets will not be as strong when update 15 will be implemented.
    All the proc set users will have to learn to play again due to their build/s being average or a bit more and not OP.
    Finally the players who never used proc sets will return to power :)

Why there are no developer comments attached to the changes ?
    There are some pointless nerfs/changes, like the Spinner nerf...

@Lord

When they say shield in regards to Shield Expert they do not mean damage shields. They mean shield a in those that use One Handed and Shield. And for everything except Nirnhoned Shield this is a BUFF. As well resistance is ALWAYS calculated into mitigation AFTER damage shields take damage, but you will always have that resistance apply to you regardless of the current state of any potential damage shield.

The nerf to Plague Doctor won't break builds and people will most likely still run it with zero issues, just less group utility with it now.

Also the only thing that was strong about Tremorscale was the snare, they should have nerfed that if anything, if I knock you down now and then apply it you will still get that 75% snare.
  • Tenn60
    Tenn60
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the tp and infused weapon combo needing looking at, but it always gets me how many sets you want nerfed. Why not ask for more variety. I am glad they are changing the weapon traits so sharpened isn't the meta anymore and it allows more variety, both in pvp and pve. I know some sets have issues but it's the same thing patch after patch people constantly asking for needs instead of trying to push for more variety. Needing things you don't have or struggle against isn't going to help you, and there will be something else you aren't good against and want nerfed
  • rk110132
    rk110132
    ✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    I thought we were promised balance changes. Is this a joke?

You'd think after years of ignoring player feedback and making idiotic decisions, I'd be used to this.

these are great changes :)
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [You shouldn't be getting struck by Skoria or any other "unavoidable" attack in the first place. If you are in medium armor, your fights should last a few seconds at most, with your opponent stunned during that short time. Not taking advantage of medium armor's passives is YOUR fault. Engaging enemies out in the open, negating your only advantage by not gaining the stealth bonus, and expecting to tank hits like a player in heavy armor is ridiculous.

I see from your signature line that you play XB1 NA. What is your gamertag and which campaign do you play in?
    Edited by montiferus on August 2, 2017 5:06PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its about implementing skill in the use of those sets. This is the biggest issue with procs, that they dont need skill to be used atm on live. That means delayed, visual effects and main defence of each armor type working as a counter. They hit hard, they should be hard to land.

If a set is balanced but ends up being "useless" and never used because there is another set that is broken and outperforms it, then so be it. The issue is with the broken set. Not with the one that is balanced.
    Well, if you think about it, there isn't really any more skill on using blood spawn, pirate skeleton, troll king or any other set really than skoria or selene's. You could argument that those have at leastsome sort of counter, you can play around downtimes or you can build into major defile, but similar case is about the other two. Selene's well, just dodgeable and skoria is limited by user's build and the amount of dots you can slot.

This is the thing, skoria can't be used by everyone, nor on every scenario. So the question is not if the set overperforms, but if the classes that can make the best out of it are. So no, skoria doesn't really need a nerf. Could use a better visual cues yes, but I don't think it's particularly strong.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • rk110132
    rk110132
    ✭✭
    Honestly, almost no broken mechanics got fixed in any way:
    1. Bleeds still too strong
    2. Infused oblivion enchants still too strong
    3. Medium armor still too weak
    4. Bow still too weak
    5. Sorc still too strong (shieldstacking, magicka stacking, curse, ...)
    6. Necropotence not touched at all
    7. Shadowrend is broken, has almost perma uptime and bugs me out of cloak

Game design changes like weapontraits are good but balance wise this is a huge disappointment (like most of the time to be honest).

bleeds are needed to be strong
    oblivion enchants I agreee but thats only good for pvp
    medium armor is weak but with all the changes stam is still great(except survival of stam classes)
    sorc is balanced
    good necro is not touched
    shadowrend should be fixed
    game is still amazing to play
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Its about implementing skill in the use of those sets. This is the biggest issue with procs, that they dont need skill to be used atm on live. That means delayed, visual effects and main defence of each armor type working as a counter. They hit hard, they should be hard to land.

Well, if you think about it, there isn't really any more skill on using blood spawn, pirate skeleton, troll king or any other set really than skoria or selene's. You could argument that those have at leastsome sort of counter, you can play around downtimes or you can build into major defile, but similar case is about the other two. Selene's well, just dodgeable and skoria is limited by user's build and the amount of dots you can slot.

This is the thing, skoria can't be used by everyone, nor on every scenario. So the question is not if the set overperforms, but if the classes that can make the best out of it are. So no, skoria doesn't really need a nerf. Could use a better visual cues yes, but I don't think it's particularly strong.

Bloodspawn gives u ult. You get a lot faster ult. But it doesnt fire ur ults for you and make them land. You still have to use them urself and use ur brain like cc people for example before meteor. Thats the difference. All 3 of those sets you mentioned are actually OP even after their nerfs. I never said they are ok. But at least they are not game breaking.

Skoria isnt limited by the number of dots you can slot. Dots are like the easier thing in the game to get. You can literally slot a dmg poison and it counts as 2 dots. The builds using that set do not really change their build or anything. Skoria or not they already have the dots and they are part of their rotation. mDK can have like 6-7 dots ticking at the same time and only 3 of those are abilities that u cast with the intention of actually doing dmg. The rest are just buffs you cast anw. And yes the question is if the set outperforms. If the question was whether the classes that make the best out of it outperform then every single set in the game that a mDK uses would be balanced cause mDK will never outperform due to their design and how it doesnt fit with the current PVP meta. What skoria needs is visuals cues like meteor and dodge as a counter. Whether you call that a nerf or not it doesnt matter.

There are way too many undodgeable things in PVP. You cant take medium armor's main defence away just like that. They are squishy, they dont have shields, blocking drains their stamina in a few seconds and they cant just outheal dmg. Dodge roll is literally their main defence and as much as i hate permarollers you cant just take their defence away.
    Edited by pieratsos on August 2, 2017 6:21PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

why you sad? :/
    PS4 NA DC
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bloodspawn gives u ult. You get a lot faster ult. But it doesnt fire ur ults for you and make them land. You still have to use them urself and use ur brain like cc people for example before meteor. Thats the difference. All 3 of those sets you mentioned are actually OP even after their nerfs. I never said they are ok. But at least they are not game breaking.

Skoria isnt limited by the number of dots you can slot. Dots are like the easier thing in the game to get. You can literally slot a dmg poison and it counts as 2 dots. The builds using that set do not really change their build or anything. Skoria or not they already have the dots and they are part of their rotation. mDK can have like 6-7 dots ticking at the same time and only 3 of those are abilities that u cast with the intention of actually doing dmg. The rest are just buffs you cast anw. And yes the question is if the set outperforms. If the question was whether the classes that make the best out of it outperform then every single set in the game that a mDK uses would be balanced cause mDK will never outperform due to their design and how it doesnt fit with the current PVP meta. What skoria needs is visuals cues like meteor and dodge as a counter. Whether you call that a nerf or not it doesnt matter.

There are way too many undodgeable things in PVP. You cant take medium armor's main defence away just like that. They are squishy, they dont have shields, blocking drains their stamina in a few seconds and they cant just outheal dmg. Dodge roll is literally their main defence and as much as i hate permarollers you cant just take their defence away.

I would say getting ult you can use in situations you want is far better than getting 'free' damage you have no control over.

Sure you dont have to change your build by much (tho I would say slotting poison instead of oblivion damage ench is already big build change), but you werent even able to do that this whole patch because double poisons did not work. And even working you have 10% chance to apply poison, that will tick 4/7 times over 3/6 seconds. Thats 11 tick together over 6seconds and then at least another 4sec of downtime before you can even proc poison again.
    That means you have 60% chance to proc skoria once a 10sec on one target...

I would partly agree with dodge, because it is true dodge roll is main defense and as such should be actually used to defending yourself. But dodge roll is very problematic currently because there only 2 states. Either you deal full damage to dodge roll build or you deal none. What it needs is another state between these two (imo every undodgeable skill needs it) like main skoria damage is dodgeable but when you dodge during the meteor its AoE damage will damage you.
    Edited by SodanTok on August 2, 2017 8:07PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why you sad? :/

I don't understand why EoTS has to make you change your gear set up so you can survive. Granted, I have been in 7pc Medium and died to 1v1 sudden encounter with a Bomb Blade some time ago on my StamPlar. That build has since been reviewed and revamped, but that build still has no guaranteed counter play to EoTS. Not without gearing towards counter play...which is something I don't like to build for. I build for my own muses, when I have to build to counter something else it no longer becomes fun. It becomes a check-mate situation which only works when certain conditions arise. I prefer to build well-rounded.

I'm not just another person who wants to take up the mantle of 'Nerf this, or Buff that' since there are enough of those White Knights in here already. But I'll be damned I am a firm believer in checks and balances. I whole heartily believe EoTS[the one that moves with the caster] does need to be toned down--whether it is duration, circle size, damage, there needs to be counter play considered for all roles Tanks, Healers, and DPS[Magic and Stamina] when in PvP. While at the same time, making it still a viable tool for magic builds who prefer to run it.

Medium Armor getting a buff towards having more available ways to tank/avoid damage without relying on RNG[Shuffle] is something I am also for. Shuffle is not the answer to avoiding damage when you put on Medium armor. It's not an enjoyable experience to the guy trying to hit you, it's not a great feeling seeing the RNG dice rolls are not working toward keeping your guy alive while you're trying to avoid Snares/CCs and LOS. Compare Shuffle to a Magic Shield(s). Magic Shield(s) is a Safe Guard, Guaranteed damage buffer, it works 100%. Shuffle does not do this to the Medium Armor warer. Why should Medium Armor, be running with such niche ways to avoid damage? If Mediums Armor resists are going to be that low, why can't they get a form of Safe Guard that DOESN'T rely on RNG?
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on August 2, 2017 9:10PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

I would say getting ult you can use in situations you want is far better than getting 'free' damage you have no control over.

Sure you dont have to change your build by much (tho I would say slotting poison instead of oblivion damage ench is already big build change), but you werent even able to do that this whole patch because double poisons did not work. And even working you have 10% chance to apply poison, that will tick 4/7 times over 3/6 seconds. Thats 11 tick together over 6seconds and then at least another 4sec of downtime before you can even proc poison again.
    That means you have 60% chance to proc skoria once a 10sec on one target...

I would partly agree with dodge, because it is true dodge roll is main defense and as such should be actually used to defending yourself. But dodge roll is very problematic currently because there only 2 states. Either you deal full damage to dodge roll build or you deal none. What it needs is another state between these two (imo every undodgeable skill needs it) like main skoria damage is dodgeable but when you dodge during the meteor its AoE damage will damage you.

It can be better in some situations to have an ult rdy instead of free dmg. Assuming u are a good player and u know how to use ur ults. For a bad player free dmg will always be better. Which is literally what ive been saying over and over and over again and here we go again with another reply "but bloodspawn can be equally good" as if i ever said bloodspawn isnt good.

You can use two weapons so you can still use oblivion enchant. And even without poisons mDK and templars have more than enough dots. There is no need to bring numbers into this. Its common knowledge that DKs and templars can proc it prety much on cooldown. But thats not even the issue. The issue is with its counters.

I agree dodge is a problematic and toxic mechanic. But implementing undodgeable abilities, sets etc is even worse. Right now there are so many undodgeable things that make actual medium armor builds the easiest to kill cause they simply have no counters. You can just abuse them and skoria is one way to do it.