The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Upcoming PTS Balance Changes

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    lul

This ^

And there´re better option than necro on magblades imo.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    lul

This ^

And there´re better option than necro on magblades imo.

Of course there are. In open world necro is decent at best, imo. I have not played necro open world since morrowind launched. The problem lies in 1v1s with the set.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Subversus , go 1vX with your pet sorc open world and tell me it's OP. MagNB is far from unbalanced in open world PvP and I don't think that you're going to make a good case that necropotence is the deciding factor that is making them "overpowered."

I have an idea: how about you go 1vX on a medium armor character to get some perspective? Or worse yet, try a bow build on any character.

While I agree that there are stronger sorc builds for 1vX (just swap some gear & skills around), you can still do better in 1vX with a pet sorc than half the other builds out there while dominating 1v1.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    @Subversus , go 1vX with your pet sorc open world and tell me it's OP. MagNB is far from unbalanced in open world PvP and I don't think that you're going to make a good case that necropotence is the deciding factor that is making them "overpowered."

I have an idea: how about you go 1vX on a medium armor character to get some perspective? Or worse yet, try a bow build on any character.

While I agree that there are stronger sorc builds for 1vX (just swap some gear & skills around), you can still do better in 1vX with a pet sorc than half the other builds out there while dominating 1v1.

No point in arguing with 'forum sorcs', they'll always call sorcs underpowered no matter the circumstances. It's ridiculous at this point, I wonder if these people do it on purpose or are really this dense irl.
    Edited by Subversus on July 28, 2017 12:59PM
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ultimate_Overlord lmfao mate that's a double edged sword you are playing with, tread with care ;)

@Adenoma necropotence is overpowered period, especially on magblades and pet sorcs. Please tell me of another set that gives you 7k magicka without any single condition whatsoever? You should already be using shade on magblade, so this set is just the cherry on the top. Not to mention the insanely op and ezmode pet sorcs that just dominate both in pvp and pve...

Do you actually think that magsorc is dominating pve or do you just like talking out of your ass? Magsorc is probably the highest single target Mag dps and we're ~15K behind stam dk and ~10K behind all of the other stam classes while having the same aoe or less than stam.

Pet sorcs are strong for dueling and that's it...

Edit : it amazes me how behind the forums always are on the current pve metas... this patch is almost over FFS and you're still in homestead
    Edited by Foxic on July 28, 2017 1:13PM
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want less proc sets like Viper on live then I suggest buffing Hunding's Rage and Julianos 5 piece bonus. I did some math on the damage difference between using Hunding's and Viper, and Viper is still easily BiS for stamina melee damage (PvP). I suggest a buff to these crafted sets because they are easy to obtain and I don't suggest nerfs...
    Edited by akray21 on July 28, 2017 1:18PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TotallyNotVos , thank you.

Edit: he's not much in tune with the PvP meta either.
    Edited by Adenoma on July 28, 2017 1:32PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Adjusting the 5-piece bonuses from nine other item sets."

Sooooo curious!
    @Ultimate_Overlord lmfao mate that's a double edged sword you are playing with, tread with care ;)

@Adenoma necropotence is overpowered period, especially on magblades and pet sorcs. Please tell me of another set that gives you 7k magicka without any single condition whatsoever? You should already be using shade on magblade, so this set is just the cherry on the top. Not to mention the insanely op and ezmode pet sorcs that just dominate both in pvp and pve...

Ridiculous and false. Necropotence requires that you keep the pet ALIVE. Easier said than done.

Necropotence nerf would be weird, lets buff all the 1-4pc resouce bonuses and then nerf the 5pc bonus because it gives too much magicka. Besides dmg-wise the necropotence 5pc bonus is just slightly better than 5pc julianos bonus. And you dont have to keep a pet alive to get the bonus from julianos..
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on July 28, 2017 1:38PM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you actually think that magsorc is dominating pve or do you just like talking out of your ass? Magsorc is probably the highest single target Mag dps and we're ~15K behind stam dk and ~10K behind all of the other stam classes while having the same aoe or less than stam.

Edit : it amazes me how behind the forums always are on the current pve metas... this patch is almost over FFS and you're still in homestead

What? Sorcs are still very strong in PvE (last time I did vHoF, half the raid were sorcs).

Where do you come up with those numbers? That'd imply stam DKs do 60k+ ST lol

PvE balance between stamina & magicka is the best it has been since launch.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert

Any updates on DW / oblivion damage that is broken in PTS? This will be worse than viper if not looked at. Just reduce the oblivion damage by 40-60%.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? Sorcs are still very strong in PvE (last time I did vHoF, half the raid were sorcs).

Stam dk can do 60K single with no buff sets and push 65K with stam support https://youtu.be/1NoAjlhmOwo this is a video of a dk on my raid team. Yes I know wisp mother Is a stack and burn, but my raid has the #3 vhof score and stam is decimating Mag in most of that trial as well

Stam is completely overtuned for competitive groups.

Edit : under perfect conditions I can get like 50K single on my magsorc and have less or the same aoe as stam
    Edited by Foxic on July 28, 2017 1:51PM

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´m going to add my guesses to sets that getting changed: (this is 200% guesses from my side)

* Two fanged snake: Probably nerfed
    * Julianos/Hundings: Probably nerfed due to it becoming new meta for many builds, zos love nerfing meta
    * Iceheart: Getting buffed
    * Necropotence: For same reason BSW was nerfed, it´s a no brainer at the moment.
    * Skoria: Delaying the time it takes for the meteor to hit and getting a telegraf on who the meteor will hit.
    * Vicious Ophidian: To make it go hand in hand with the sustainchanges the stamina returned might get nerfed
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vancouver_LostLagoon_NorthPath_900.jpg

Is that in your actual neighborhood? Nice pic!

Edited by WildWilbur on July 28, 2017 1:56PM
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dammit, double post... D'uh!

Edited by WildWilbur on July 28, 2017 1:56PM
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Stam dk can do 60K single with no buff sets and push 65K with stam support https://youtu.be/1NoAjlhmOwo this is a video of a dk on my raid team. Yes I know wisp mother Is a stack and burn, but my raid has the #3 vhof score and stam is decimating Mag in most of that trial as well

Interesting.

Is that stam DK specific, or are your stam NBs doing 60k+ as well?

I've calculated the maximum potential stamblade ST DPS to be around 55k with perfect weaving - but maybe I've overlooked something.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make Nerien'eth good again <3
    And hopefully adjust Mothers Sorrow/Leviathan sets to be comparable again
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    WildWilbur wrote: »

Did you get the joke?
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overwhelming Surge buff please
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

I've calculated the maximum potential stamblade ST DPS to be around 55k with perfect weaving - but maybe I've overlooked something.

On that same fight our stamblade got 59K single

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about no ?

Stop being ridiculous DDuke, your sorc best at everything everywhere and far above everything else is just laughtable.

Saying a pet sorc can have better 1vX than half other builds is just false. No need to be a genius to know that. Pets die easely, you can't recast them cuz it has a 1.5s cooldown, and they are probably stuck in Coldharbour anyway. Also, pets doesn't work when you LoS in rocks, ect, they don't follow you, and they are not good at all to the kite and kill sorc gameplay.

Now, stop saying ***, and defend your fair point of you on underpowered medium armor and bow builds without trying to make this forum a huge magicka sorc conspiracy. Also, no one asked for mag sorc buff, there is only people asking for a non-nerf.

Also, if a Necropotence nerf will happen, it's will be nerf to 2500 magicka bonus maximum, like the stamina (no requirment) set.

Also, the pet sorc unkillable in 1v1 myth is false : Kill the pet then interupt the sorc and you win. Is pet making too much damage ? Yes- deadric prey % should have a 10% damage nerf. But you can't nerf the damage if you don't make them viable by lower the cast time. A necropotence nerf should be lethal on pet sorc because your pet defense will descrease again, without, the same problem, a non possible way to recast them unless your ennemie(s) suddently go AFK.

After few test on PTS, you guys can all complain about deadric pray increasing shadowrend and soon Maw of the infernal pets by 55% making them a new viper with a 2s cooldown that become a selene brother when the pet make heavy attacks :D
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

Ok, I think I've figured it out: has to do with Major Slayer uptime.

Since it's mostly applied by the stam builds with cheap ultis & targets the closest 2 allies, it gets applied to the other melee DDs and never really reaches the ranged DDs.

Just a theory - on target dummy the magicka/stamina dps should be more comparable.

I do agree after having seen these videos that some magicka/stamina pve balancing is required.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please lets one of the sets fixed be Impregnable. It is extremely overpowered. I hit a heavy armor user with an 18k Incap tooltip + shadow + spriggan for 5.4k crit. How is that even possible? I had no chance in medium because he did more damage to me. Please look into this.

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.

Ok, I think I've figured it out: has to do with Major Slayer uptime.

Since it's mostly applied by the stam builds with cheap ultis & targets the closest 2 allies, it gets applied to the other melee DDs and never really reaches the ranged DDs.

Just a theory - on target dummy the magicka/stamina dps should be more comparable.

I do agree after having seen these videos that some magicka/stamina pve balancing is required.

We only have the stamblade in a major slayer set. And all 3 of our stam dks broke 60K on that fight. One got 62K single and the other 2 got 64K single. I also have more 60K parses with no major slayer. So while that definitely helps, it isn't the issue.

The issue is mainly infused frontbar buffing all 3 of your weapon enchants with endless hail already being the best ground dot in the game. Along with dual wield heavy attacks being so extremely powerful and also giving stam infinite sustain, and caltrops and blade cloak were buffed the same patch that lightning heavy was nerfed.

In order to sustain on Mag dk you need go spec into flame lash and hurt your group dps by stealing off balance. And do sustain on sorc you need to run witchmothers and hurt your dps. Even then you still need to heavy attack occasionally which is a major single target dps loss on destro staff.

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

How about no ?

Stop being ridiculous DDuke, your sorc best at everything everywhere and far above everything else is just laughtable.

Saying a pet sorc can have better 1vX than half other builds is just false. No need to be a genius to know that. Pets die easely, you can't recast them cuz it has a 1.5s cooldown, and they are probably stuck in Coldharbour anyway. Also, pets doesn't work when you LoS in rocks, ect, they don't follow you, and they are not good at all to the kite and kill sorc gameplay.

Now, stop saying ***, and defend your fair point of you on underpowered medium armor and bow builds without trying to make this forum a huge magicka sorc conspiracy. Also, no one asked for mag sorc buff, there is only people asking for a non-nerf.

Also, if a Necropotence nerf will happen, it's will be nerf to 2500 magicka bonus maximum, like the stamina (no requirment) set.

Also, the pet sorc unkillable in 1v1 myth is false : Kill the pet then interupt the sorc and you win. Is pet making too much damage ? Yes- deadric prey % should have a 10% damage nerf. But you can't nerf the damage if you don't make them viable by lower the cast time. A necropotence nerf should be lethal on pet sorc because your pet defense will descrease again, without, the same problem, a non possible way to recast them unless your ennemie(s) suddently go AFK.

After few test on PTS, you guys can all complain about deadric pray increasing shadowrend and soon Maw of the infernal pets by 55% making them a new viper with a 2s cooldown that become a selene brother when the pet make heavy attacks :D

Well, considering half the builds are currently some medium proc scrubs that die to the first Soul Assault, I'd say pet sorc 1vXs better than them.

I also think pet sorc (any sorc) is better than light armor templar/dk/warden for 1vX, because those builds lack what I call "zerg defense" - namely streak, cloak or shadow image.

Pets getting stuck and/or killed (as they don't streak away from the zerg with the sorc) is a downside though and probably why other sorc builds are better for 1vX.

As for pet sorc being unkillable in 1v1... it isn't, I heard you lost vs @Ragnaroek93 's pet sorc xD

Go fight Dusk's pet sorc, or Mage.

Pet sorc is the strongest 1v1 build atm by a wide margin - but you'll still need to play it well* :P

*Unless you're fighting a medium armor character, in which case you can just Curse->Wrath+Soul Assault & win.
    Edited by DDuke on July 28, 2017 2:54PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    l3alls wrote: »
    Please lets one of the sets fixed be Impregnable. It is extremely overpowered. I hit a heavy armor user with an 18k Incap tooltip + shadow + spriggan for 5.4k crit. How is that even possible? I had no chance in medium because he did more damage to me. Please look into this.

Did you lose a fight and then tag the devs to nerf them? Lmao
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adjusting the 5-piece bonuses from nine other item sets.

:scream: sounds scary...whispers remember twlight needs teamwork. >:) Also time to buff spell power cure....I mean apprentice was buffed after all. o:)
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    crobarXIII wrote: »
    WildWilbur wrote: »

Did you get the joke?

Ofc, so what? My question was is the pic googled for the lulz or does he made the pic on his own? What's the problem?
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

How about no ?

Well, considering half the builds are currently some medium proc scrubs that die to the first Soul Assault, I'd say pet sorc 1vXs better than them.

I also think pet sorc (any sorc) is better than light armor templar/dk/warden for 1vX, because those builds lack what I call "zerg defense" - namely streak, cloak or shadow image.

Pets getting stuck and/or killed (as they don't streak away from the zerg with the sorc) is a downside though and probably why other sorc builds are better for 1vX.

As for pet sorc being unkillable in 1v1... it isn't, I heard you lost vs @Ragnaroek93 's pet sorc xD

Go fight Dusk's pet sorc, or Mage.

He steamrolls over my medium armor nb tho. He's a pretty good sorc but I disagree with almost everything he said on the forum. Don't know about what people complain tho, I don't fear any med armor build on my sorc with the upcoming patchnotes...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    l3alls wrote: »

Did you lose a fight and then tag the devs to nerf them? Lmao

Your serious? I don't care about losing a duel. The point is, this was my friend by the way, that the set is over performing by a long shot? So why did YOU even post? I say something constructive and you waste a space to post. Thanks for the reply though.
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for listening to player feedback on Willow's Path!!
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.