The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Upcoming PTS Balance Changes

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the preview!

I feel Shield Expert needs a bigger buff though after the Defending nerf.

Hopefully we'll see some class balance changes next. *cough* NERF EOTS *cough*

I'm really surprised that nothing is being done with EotS. Maybe after the trains become 40+ players long and all of Cyrodiil is one giant storm cloud....
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Can we get a hint on those 9 sets?

Its going to be the raw stat sets. Because the 2 3 & 4 piece raw stat buffs got increased, the 5 pieces that gave raw stats were barely stronger anymore. These sets include: Leviathan, Mother's Sorrow, Spriggan's, and Spinner's and a few more. The change is just to bring them in line with the changes that they made to the 2 3 & 4 piece generic bonuses.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    No buffs to PvE magWardens? :'(
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG Willow's Path finally getting fixed. I had to read it twice to be sure but damn I'm most excited for this.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reducing the item set proc delay from Nerien’eth

My Mage Blade loves you right now!
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Shield Expert passive will grant 1500 resist when using a shield or Frost Staff

Buff for Base Shield and reinforced shields but nerf to Nirnhoned shields, making nirnhoned even more useless than it already is. I don't use it myself but I know some that do. Nirnhoned is really only useful on Medium and Light armor pieces, and gloves and belt on heavy. But thing is, no one that uses Light or Medium needs it, they got other ways of protecting themselves.... And with the limit in how to get nirnhoned. Seems like a really wasted trait armor wise. Don't get me wrong, love the buff we are getting but wondering about the future of the nirnhoned armor trait.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no change to getting permanent snared in pvp?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So vMA/Master Weapons and agility/willpower stats will not be increased? We all will be forced to run 5+5+2 to get optimal builds on pvp?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Shield Expert passive will grant 1500 resist when using a shield or Frost Staff

Buff for Base Shield and reinforced shields but nerf to Nirnhoned shields, making nirnhoned even more useless than it already is. I don't use it myself but I know some that do. Nirnhoned is really only useful on Medium and Light armor pieces, and gloves and belt on heavy. But thing is, no one that uses Light or Medium needs it, they got other ways of protecting themselves.... And with the limit in how to get nirnhoned. Seems like a really wasted trait armor wise. Don't get me wrong, love the buff we are getting but wondering about the future of the nirnhoned armor trait.

I would give it a CC Break cost reduction . We have all the base ability cost reductions like blocking , dodging , sprinting but no CC Break . That would definitely bring some diversity . Especially on Magicka classes for PvP .
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    So vMA/Master Weapons and agility/willpower stats will not be increased? We all will be forced to run 5+5+2 to get optimal builds on pvp?

The buff to stamina is not affecting damage that much (try adding 300 stam and see for yourself, it is like 30 effective wd), and weapon damage stays the same. It is thus questionable if running agility is really that bad.

Edited by nCats on July 27, 2017 10:38PM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »

I would give it a CC Break cost reduction . We have all the base ability cost reductions like blocking , dodging , sprinting but no CC Break . That would definitely bring some diversity . Especially on Magicka classes for PvP .

I like that idea. Would make people more willing to make those crafted nirnhoned sets, and there would be a use for it other than simply research.
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agility set is rarely used as it is and with the buff to ALL (sry not all but all) 2,3 and 4 piece bonuses its gonna be extinct.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [*] The Willow’s Path set will work with drinks and other buffs

datas.gif

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Pelinal's Aptitude set gets buffed, aka change those max recovery stats for max stats or damage...
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnaroek93 lmao yeah pet sorcs are disgusting atm, I do hope they get nerfed one way or another. Also lolpotence, make it give a 2k mag bonus instead of a 4K one imo.

Necro NEEDS a nerf. Too many bad magblade rerolls getting carried by 20k shieldstacks it's not even funny at this point.

• Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    lolpotence
    This made me cringe so hard that my body imploded

Zos, i dare you to remove this for being off topic
    Edited by Ultimate_Overlord on July 27, 2017 11:53PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice

Thanks for sharing
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing about Eye of the Storm... no comment.
    PS4 NA DC
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nCats wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »

The buff to stamina is not affecting damage that much (try adding 300 stam and see for yourself, it is like 30 effective wd), and weapon damage stays the same. It is thus questionable if running agility is really that bad.

Don't compare just raw stats, put the sets in context for builds like 5+3agility/willpower+vma/master weapons. I don't want to be forced to run 5+5+2 with infused weapon damage glyph on the back...
  • Nivellan
    Nivellan
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    [*] The Willow’s Path set will work with drinks and other buffs

datas.gif

I've been waiting over a year for this response.
    PC NA
    Azandara, Azuretha - Templar
    Former K-hole, FMC, Mischevious
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    changing daedroth to full fire damage :( there goes my morkoldin+maw stam warden build.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the communication! And I know it is just a preview, but good stuff here. Really really likely the balance changes for HotR so far. Another step in the right direction with these, IMO.
    Edited by bubbygink on July 28, 2017 12:37AM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think changes are warranted to necropotence. MagNBs are far from overpowered in PvP when they use it and it necessitates a sustain set. Balancing based on pet sorc performance in duels seems silly and magicka wardens feel decidedly balanced when using that set (relative to something like magsorc). If it is nerfed I can see the 5 piece reduced by 1k or so. Then with the upscaled 1-4 bonuses it'll retain approximately the same value.

I can imagine a couple of 5 piece set bonuses that might get buffed, but I hope a select few don't get the nerf hammer. If they do, at least it saves me farming a bit.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • tourerttrwb17_ESO
    tourerttrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the preview. This is great
    PC-NA @Eon-King
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who says ZOS doesn't listen to feedback?
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice too see that theres mo mention of a dmg nerf to selene. Even with 2secs delay lot of ppl get rekt ^^.

Funny that skoria isnt mentioned but its ok.
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I don't think changes are warranted to necropotence. MagNBs are far from overpowered in PvP when they use it and it necessitates a sustain set. Balancing based on pet sorc performance in duels seems silly and magicka wardens feel decidedly balanced when using that set (relative to something like magsorc). If it is nerfed I can see the 5 piece reduced by 1k or so. Then with the upscaled 1-4 bonuses it'll retain approximately the same value.

I can imagine a couple of 5 piece set bonuses that might get buffed, but I hope a select few don't get the nerf hammer. If they do, at least it saves me farming a bit.

I agree with you. I actually think necro will go untouched but destruction mastery & draugr hulk might get buffed

PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you thank you thank you for fixing willows path
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. Generally like what I see this patch and look forward to the next set of notes.