Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming PTS Balance Changes

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi guys,

We want to give you a heads up that in next week’s PTS incremental patch, you’ll begin seeing balance changes specifically affecting item sets, including some 5-set bonuses and monster sets, and fixes for enchant/poison procs. Below is a preview of the balance changes we’re currently planning to include in the next PTS patch:
  • Increasing the item set proc delay from Selene
  • The summoned monster from the Maw of Infernal set will deal flame damage only, instead of having some attacks be physical and some flame
  • Reducing the item set proc delay from Nerien’eth
  • The item set proc from Tremorscale will have a 1 second delay and telegraph
  • Reducing the self-snare from Ironblood
  • Adjusting the 5-piece bonuses from nine other item sets
  • The Willow’s Path set will work with drinks and other buffs
  • The Shield Expert passive will grant 1500 resist when using a shield or Frost Staff
  • The Minor Slayer buff will no longer be removed when wearing multiple sets that give the buff
  • Optimizing a number of abilities to reduce the overall load on the server
  • Heavy attacking with melee weapons will proc weapon enchants or poisons as originally intended
  • Improving Werewolf attack weaving
  • Fixing a bug where resource drain poisons restore resources twice per tick
Any additional balance changes will come in the following PTS patch the week of August 7th. Thanks for all your feedback and bug reports thus far. We look forward to hearing what you think of the upcoming changes once you have a chance to try them out on the PTS!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on July 27, 2017 9:23PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's… really good ! Thanks a lot :D

Can't wait for the natch pote now !
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luv ya Gina. <3
    Adjusting the 5-pice bonuses from nine other item sets

Hm, I wonder what sets these are...
    Edited by rhapsodious on July 27, 2017 7:22PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Adjusting the 5-piece bonuses from nine other item sets."

Sooooo curious!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow?
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really nice to see some of the very heated discussions in the PTS forum have born fruit for a change. I like it very much! Thanks and keep going in that direction!

P.S. I'm also glad this is my posting #1000 and it has a positive cause :)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Heh, took me a second :lol:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No bow changes and no medium armor changes - well color me surprised /s

I guess the forum sorcs succeeded in derailing those threads & ZOS ignored them, as usual.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adjusting the 5-pice bonuses from nine other item sets

I just will hope you didn't include everything from patch notes and actually fixing Infused instead of nerfing Torug's Pact .
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heh, took me a second :lol:

It will be his Christmas in July :smiley:
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DDuke

There is still time for the final PTS patch August 7th. And as much I'd like to believe ZOS listens to me, they surely do not...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @DDuke

There is still time for the final PTS patch August 7th. And as much I'd like to believe ZOS listens to me, they surely do not...

"There is still time", that's what I kept telling myself last PTS .

If you look at this patch, it's just nerfs to proc sets (idc) & buff to another pet set option for sorcs.

Whom do you think they listen to, the people who want buffs to the most underpowered archetypes, or the people who want everything to stay far below the meta top dogs (magicka sorcs) in the food chain?
    Edited by DDuke on July 27, 2017 7:44PM
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will maw of the infernal get the same cp buff treatment as shadowrend now?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope ZoS didn't nerf Necropotence in a bad way and destroy the 2 pets sorc gameplay. I don't wanna leave the game :|

Necropotence is overpowered on non pet sorc : NB shade unkillable, Warden necth unkillable but pets from sorc are killable.
    Necropotence need to work like this " Give 2k magicka per class summoned pet, up to 4k bonus" => Delete madness from proc set making proc necropotence, and nerf a bit all non killable pet users.

Also, @ZOS_GinaBruno every patch you try to balance pets here is the way to do : reduce the cast time to a minimum of 1s instead of 1.5 s and make the command Y+ right (command to retreat pet) make pets PORT to the caster.

A 1s cast time will make pets viable whitout deleting the death of the pets being a counter.
    And make pets port to you will resolve all bugs pets actually have, and greatly improve the pet gameplay (You take a second to use the command, meaning you are not using skills, ect, so it's a fair trade to have pets WORKING).

Can @ZOS_GinaBruno speak about that to the combat team pls ?

NB : Awesome change, thanks to listening our feedbacks <3
    Edited by Aedaryl on July 27, 2017 7:57PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little disappointed that the destro train is still the top of the food chain in Cyrodiil, but there are some great changes in this next update. Looking forward to it.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    I hope ZoS didn't nerf Necropotence in a bad way and destroy the 2 pets sorc gameplay. I don't wanna leave the game :|

Necropotence is overpowered on non pet sorc : NB shade unkillable, Warden necth unkillable but pets from sorc are killable.
    Necropotence need to work like this " Give 2k magicka per class summoned pet, up to 4k bonus" => Delete madness from proc set making proc necropotence, and nerf a bit all non killable pet users.

Also, @ZOS_GinaBruno every patch you try to balance pets here is the way to do : reduce the cast time to a minimum of 1s instead of 1.5 s and make the command Y+ right (command to retreat pet) make pets PORT to the caster.

A 1s cast time will make pets viable whitout deleting the death of the pets being a counter.
    And make pets port to you will resolve all bugs pets actually have, and greatly improve the pet gameplay (You take a second to use the command, meaning you are not using skills, ect, so it's a fair trade to have pets WORKING).

PetPlars and PetKnights are finally going to be possible, and you already want them taken away?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder which sets will be nerfed this patch... :(
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please dont reduce the delay of Nerieneth too much. I dont want my pvp glory to be stolen by a proc set.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

We want to give you a heads up that in next week’s PTS incremental patch, you’ll begin seeing balance changes specifically affecting item sets, including some 5-set bonuses and monster sets, and fixes for enchant/poison procs. Below is a preview of the balance changes we’re currently planning to include in the next PTS patch:
    • Increasing the item set proc delay from Selene
    • The summoned monster from the Maw of Infernal set will deal flame damage only, instead of having some attacks be physical and some flame
    • Reducing the item set proc delay from Nerien’eth
    • The item set proc from Tremorscale will have a 1 second delay and telegraph
    • Reducing the self-snare from Ironblood
    • Adjusting the 5-pice bonuses from nine other item sets
    • The Willow’s Path set will work with drinks and other buffs
    • The Shield Expert passive will grant 1500 resist when using a shield or Frost Staff
    • The Minor Slayer buff will no longer be removed when wearing multiple sets that give the buff
    • Optimizing a number of abilities to reduce the overall load on the server
    • Heavy attacking with melee weapons will proc weapon enchants or poisons as originally intended
    • Improving Werewolf attack weaving
    • Fixing a bug where resource drain poisons restore resources twice per tick
    Any additional balance changes will come in the following PTS patch the week of August 7th. Thanks for all your feedback and bug reports thus far. We look forward to hearing what you think of the upcoming changes once you have a chance to try them out on the PTS!

The Tremorscale change is a nice way of doing things. Keeps PVE unchanged while making it a bit harder to proc in PVP.

The shield expert change, we'll see about when it hits. If it covers the changes made to defending it'll be fine.

The abilities your optimizing, I wonder what and how.

Aside from this, I'm content with some of these.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. Some good changes there, some bugs I didn't know about but are shocking. Double-ticking resource poisons I certainly didn't know about.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

PetPlars and PetKnights are finally going to be possible, and you already want them taken away?

I don't want them to be taken away, the fact is that necropotence on demand is pointed by players here, and it will probably be nerfed soon... I just want to keep the only build that NEED it to work alive.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't want them to be taken away, the fact is that necropotence on demand is pointed by players here, and it will probably be nerfed soon... I just want to keep the only build that NEED it to work alive.

Meanwhile the duel spot gets wiped by a CP 500 petsorc. Please buff petsorc...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is good! yay
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a hint on those 9 sets?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

There has to be some mystery
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There has to be some mystery

I bet I know one:

Shalidor's Curse
    When you deal damage with a light attack while under 50% health, your opponent has to find the Mage's Guild lorebooks all over again.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You could bet it is Leviathan and the magicka one.
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] The Willow’s Path set will work with drinks and other buffs

No wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, no f wayyyyyyy, I need someone to confirm this when the time comes please lol. Might be one of the most glorious days since the IC patch.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

You could bet it is Leviathan and the magicka one.

Sounds right, that was some insane crit chance. I also wonder if Spriggan/Spinner gonna get hit too, given the overall tendency to nerf pen.
  • Phlathead
    Phlathead
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the preview!

I feel Shield Expert needs a bigger buff though after the Defending nerf.

Hopefully we'll see some class balance changes next. *cough* NERF EOTS *cough*