The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Upcoming PTS Balance Changes

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi guys,

We want to give you a heads up that in next week’s PTS incremental patch, you’ll begin seeing balance changes specifically affecting item sets, including some 5-set bonuses and monster sets, and fixes for enchant/poison procs. Below is a preview of the balance changes we’re currently planning to include in the next PTS patch:
    • Increasing the item set proc delay from Selene
    • The summoned monster from the Maw of Infernal set will deal flame damage only, instead of having some attacks be physical and some flame
    • Reducing the item set proc delay from Nerien’eth
    • The item set proc from Tremorscale will have a 1 second delay and telegraph
    • Reducing the self-snare from Ironblood
    • Adjusting the 5-piece bonuses from nine other item sets
    • The Willow’s Path set will work with drinks and other buffs
    • The Shield Expert passive will grant 1500 resist when using a shield or Frost Staff
    • The Minor Slayer buff will no longer be removed when wearing multiple sets that give the buff
    • Optimizing a number of abilities to reduce the overall load on the server
    • Heavy attacking with melee weapons will proc weapon enchants or poisons as originally intended
    • Improving Werewolf attack weaving
    • Fixing a bug where resource drain poisons restore resources twice per tick
    Any additional balance changes will come in the following PTS patch the week of August 7th. Thanks for all your feedback and bug reports thus far. We look forward to hearing what you think of the upcoming changes once you have a chance to try them out on the PTS!

@ZOS_GinaBruno, so we will see 5th pts patch release. When this dlc will release? Is not too much wait? Consoles will probably have by end of August!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 30, 2017 4:27PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things I would like to see

1. Executes
    should do what they are supposed to do. If I hit someone with a reverse slash at 10% health and it connects I should not have to hit 1 or 2 more executes to finish them off.

2. Soul Assault
    This ability does far too much damage. Period. Needs to be bashable like it used to be for counterplay. Snares you pretty hard so even if it is bashable if you lack a gap closer you will probably take the full duration. Being bashable it would also make the person using it actually have to put in some effort into when they use it.

3. Dark Deal
    Every other class had their defining sustain ability passives nerfed excluding sorcs, specifically stam. They are the only class who even in no cp dont have to invest into a bit of sustain. I understand its bashable but unless you are spamming bash prior to them using the ability it is way too fast to bash consistently.

4. Warden's Bird
    Needs to be dodgeable. End of discussion. Whoever thought that was a good idea was wrong.

5. DK Helping Hands
    This passive needs reverted back to how it was. It required you to build for max if you wanted minor sustain from it.

6. Siphoning Attacks
    This ability *needed* a nerf but now in my opinion is not even worth slotting. I dont need it to heal me. I need it to help sustain. I dont need to have 3 heals on my bar (rally, vigor and siphoning). Also dont understand why I have to let the timer run out to get my burst resources when the point is to keep your buffs up.

Trying to get back into this game after 4 months of not playing and these are some key things that I think would make this game better in most aspects. As for the patch so far it is the best one I can think of since I have been keeping up with the patch notes on the forums.

Aka I want there to be no counter to an Execute but I want SA and Birds to be far easier to counter.

Another Stam player that wants his 20k opening burst untouched and keep the ability to roll Dodge until they can do it again.

Not sure how you got that from anything I said. Can say I've seen you around the forums and was unaware you were this unable to read and gather information and critique what was wrote instead of bashing me for something you "think" I am.

As for you complaining about executes what I said should go across the board whether it be stam or magic executes. No need for someone to have to be executed 3 times well below 25% health. I would say blocking and roll dodging are obvious counters to executes btw or shielding before you complain im only a stam player.

That's what's causing you to Execute multiple times... Dodge roll... Shields... And block ... That's why there is a need to use the Execute multiple times
    Because it's being countered...

So, yeah... Horrible idea to remove those

You want to make Executes uncountable (how else would you just flat out kill an opponent with an Execute?)
    But you want magicka warden only pressure nerfed
    You want magicka's only cheap ult nerfed
    You want syphon to be somewhere - cuz you don't need it on your bar you have the STAMINA (ok Stam NB) heals

Oh I read what you posted, and it's biased as hell

Actually its not being countered. They are at 15% health get executed without blocking and are still alive. That shouldnt happen.... right?

Soul assault can stay cheap, the damage can even stay the same for all I care however if it does it needs a counter if its going to be that cheap and do that much damage. Common sense.

Magicka wardens only pressure huh? Sounds like the other class abilities need buffed so they are usable so they dont have to just spam 1 button and be an uncounterable nuisance.

Dark deal would affect stamina mostly and the buff/revert I would like to see helping hands get would positively affect mag and stam DK's. The revert with a small nerf I would like to see siphoning get would also be a buff to both nightblade playstyles. So before you complain about how one-sided my post was think about it. Im picturing you now, a bird spamming warden with a soul assault ult ready to Xv1.

Before you respond please actually try to look at everything and post actual counter points to what I've said so we can have a productive conversation instead of making false assumptions.
    Stam Nightblade is my 3rd best class behind my magblade and stam DK.

Dude if their base mitigation is high enough and your damage output is low enough it will take more than one hit. Executes are not suppose to be an instant I win button when someone hits a certain %, be it 25 or 20. If someone has a lot of health and resistance or other forms of mitigation, block or not, then you will have to hit more than once, also they can out heal it too. Execute=/=instant kill.

And then there's Pariah.
    And Undeath.

There are ways to mitigate execute damage @SlowMetabolism.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    @Ragnaroek93 lmao yeah pet sorcs are disgusting atm, I do hope they get nerfed one way or another. Also lolpotence, make it give a 2k mag bonus instead of a 4K one imo.

Necro NEEDS a nerf. Too many bad magblade rerolls getting carried by 20k shieldstacks it's not even funny at this point.

L2P, necro only gives 1500 more magicka comparing Draugr Hulk Set stamina bonus.

Necro requires to slot sorc pet on both bars but Draugr Hulk not.

So u want necro to perform worst than hulk even when gulk requires no skill to slot!

Necro on NB should not work or i do not care as sorc uses necro in mostly pve builds and if necro needs nerf hulk set can not left as is!

Apples and oranges. How can you even compare Draugr with Necro if stamina doesn't have defensive abilities which have absurd scaling with ressource stacking? It's not possible to discuss magicka related issues here, because once someone mentions something that is overperforming the usual forum sorc suspects show up here in an extremely disrespectful manner and immediately turn any discussion into a troll thread with arguments like "l2p", "shields are weak... l2p" or "better nerf stam scrubs... time to l2p". How about you slot overpowered hulking draugr on any stam toon of your choice and we duel against each other, so you can show me how to l2p?

[Edit to remove flame]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 30, 2017 7:35PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Emma_Overload I've been fighting "scrubs" like dracane, the indisputable best pet sorc in the game, and witnessed "scrubs" like dusk decimate with 5 necro 3 ancient grace 15k shields on pet sorcs 1v1. After reading what oh said it is pretty clear that you are ignorant and have no idea what you are talking about. Pet sorcs only run one shield 1v1, and if you would run a single 9k shield you would be absolutely decimated. Please get your facts right before trying to act all smart.

LOL, I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You know why? Because I RUN a pet sorc, fool. And I'm telling you the first time you run into a bunch of GOOD players, they're going to knock out your pet with two wrecking blows while you desperately spam Hardened Ward, then they're gonna turn around and clobber your ass because your build depended on that extra 4000 magicka and now your shield is tiny.

The only time I bother with pets now is if I'm going to be dueling, which is a guaranteed 1v1 situation, or if I'm running with a bunch of other friendly players, so my pet is kind of ignored in the chaos when we run into enemies.

So you are complaining about all other builds while you are playing a freaking petsorc in duels??? You clearly DON'T know what you are talking about because petsorc 1v1 is EASYMODE against 99% of the builds out there.
    Easymode against 99% of the builds out there? Let me guess, you're an "awesome" player who has a hard time killing petsorcs so that means 99% of the players have a hard time killing petsorcs. Am I getting this right? Well, I guess I'm part of that 1% group of god-like players then. Anyway, Emma is right so L2P.

• Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus All of you duelers need to chill for a bit. Sure, pet sorc is really strong in duels, but so is, for example, a magplar in a group.
    Pet sorc is strong in duels, mediocre in solo pvp and terrible in group pvp.
    Magplar is strong in a group, medicre in duels and terrible at solo pvp.
    You can name a bunch of pet sorc duel cheesers, but youll barely name a single successful solo/group pet sorc.
    You can name a bunch of zergplars, but naming successful solo magplars wouldnt be that easy.
    Point is, duels arent everything; every class can be great at one thing, but terrible at the other.

Also, to whoever mentioned that necro is a "no brainer" for everything, what is that "everything" exactly?
    In pvp, its the best on pet sorc, pretty top tier (that means it can be better or worse than other sets based on builds and scenarios, not a no brainer) on magicka nb and warden.
    In pve, it is ONLY good on pet sorc, and even that might very well change if zos buffs mothers sorrow (which most likely will happen).

You go Glen CoCo!
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone who thinks that the game will get better if balance changes are made based on specific dueling builds isnt seeing things clearly
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ragnaroek93 lmao yeah pet sorcs are disgusting atm, I do hope they get nerfed one way or another. Also lolpotence, make it give a 2k mag bonus instead of a 4K one imo.

Necro NEEDS a nerf. Too many bad magblade rerolls getting carried by 20k shieldstacks it's not even funny at this point.

L2P, necro only gives 1500 more magicka comparing Draugr Hulk Set stamina bonus.

So u want necro to perform worst than hulk even when gulk requires no skill to slot! You need to definately learn about others sets than making useless posts!

Necro on NB should not work or i do not care as sorc uses necro in mostly pve builds and if necro needs nerf hulk set can not left as is!

Apples and oranges. How can you even compare Draugr with Necro if stamina doesn't have defensive abilities which have absurd scaling with ressource stacking? It's not possible to discuss magicka related issues here, because once someone mentions something that is overperforming the usual forum sorc suspects show up here in an extremely disrespectful manner and immediately turn any discussion into a troll thread with arguments like "l2p", "shields are weak... l2p" or "better nerf stam scrubs... time to l2p". How about you slot overpowered hulking draugr on any stam toon of your choice and we duel against each other, so you can show me how to l2p? No? Then shut the *** up with your disrespectful l2p suggestions.

Its useless for you to understand because you need good attention to understand and have to leave nerf ego behind!

May be 1% mag sorc run Necro in pvp, what is problem with ward in pve?

And you need to respect others not writing somethying stupid and insultive as you did in last line.

You probably desrve a forum ban for being insulting others!

I can not discuss anything or debate with person like you!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 30, 2017 7:05PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So u want necro to perform worst than hulk even when gulk requires no skill to slot! You need to definately learn about others sets than making useless posts!

Apples and oranges. How can you even compare Draugr with Necro if stamina doesn't have defensive abilities which have absurd scaling with ressource stacking? It's not possible to discuss magicka related issues here, because once someone mentions something that is overperforming the usual forum sorc suspects show up here in an extremely disrespectful manner and immediately turn any discussion into a troll thread with arguments like "l2p", "shields are weak... l2p" or "better nerf stam scrubs... time to l2p". How about you slot overpowered hulking draugr on any stam toon of your choice and we duel against each other, so you can show me how to l2p? No? Then shut the *** up with your disrespectful l2p suggestions.

Its useless for you to understand because you need good attention to understand and have to leave nerf ego behind!

And you need to respect others not writing somethying stupid and insultive as you did in last line.

You aren't debating though, you're just repeating the same misinformation over & over and then telling people to "L2P" (very respectful indeed) when they point out how you're wrong.

You come across a sorc in PvP - if that sorc is running pets (hint: most of them are) then you can safely assume that the sorc is running necropotence as well (or is just bad at this game for not doing so).

It's that simple - claiming "maybe 1% run it" is just ridiculous & doesn't help your already nonexistent credibility.
    Edited by DDuke on July 30, 2017 7:15PM
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    You come across a sorc in PvP - if that sorc is running pets (hint: most of them are)

Are you refferring to cyrodill? im only asking because I can attest that not many pet sorcs are in cyrodill. they are a rarity.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    You come across a sorc in PvP - if that sorc is running pets (hint: most of them are)

Are you refferring to cyrodill? im only asking because I can attest that not many pet sorcs are in cyrodill. they are a rarity.

Yes.

In Sotha Sil EU for the past week, around 75% of sorcs I've come across (playing 12-14 hours/day, so rather large sample pool) have been sorcs with atleast one pet.

Do you need more statistics?
    Edited by DDuke on July 30, 2017 7:27PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You aren't debating though, you're just repeating the same misinformation over & over and then telling people to "L2P" (very respectful indeed) when they point out how you're wrong.

You come across a sorc in PvP - if that sorc is running pets (hint: most of them are) then you can safely assume that the sorc is running necropotence as well (or is just bad at this game for not doing so).

It's that simple - claiming "maybe 1% run it" is just ridiculous & doesn't help your already nonexistent credibility.

No mag sorc are not running pets in pvp except new pve players who does not much.

Pets not survive in pvp and resummoning them takes lot of time which is enough to get you killed. Hardly anyone running!

I am done with you!
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

In Sotha Sil EU for the past week, around 75% of sorcs I've come across (playing 12-14 hours/day, so rather large sample pool) have been sorcs with atleast one pet.

ok thats weird. im not on the EU server, but that statement is dead wrong when you look at US servers. very few pet sorcs run in cyrodill.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No mag sorc are not running pets in pvp except new pve players who does not much.

Pets not survive in pvp and resummoning them takes lot of time which is enough to get you killed. Hardly anyone running!

I am done with you!

Well, there's a lot of PvE players - it's double AP week.

But that relates to 1vX anyway - I agree pet sorcs aren't the best sorc build there (still viable tho).

In 1v1 pet sorcs (with Necropotence) are easily the strongest build at the moment and I dare you to prove me wrong.
    Edited by DDuke on July 30, 2017 7:31PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am done with you!

But that relates to 1vX anyway - I agree pet sorcs aren't the best sorc build there (still viable tho).

In 1v1 pet sorcs are easily the strongest build at the moment and I dare you to prove me wrong.

Well 1 v 1 mag dk, stampler and stamblade are strongest build. I dare you to prove me wrong!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 30, 2017 7:32PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am done with you!

In 1v1 pet sorcs are easily the strongest build at the moment and I dare you to prove me wrong.

Well 1 v 1 mag dk, stampler and stamblade are strongest build. I dare you to prove me wrong!

Delusional xD

You didn't prove anything, you just throw my words back at me.

Doesn't matter, I'll get you a video from the EU duel spot once I have time to spare. Alternatively, you can try to fight any of the good pet sorcs (I can provide names) & then come up with excuses when you lose miserably.
    Edited by DDuke on July 30, 2017 7:45PM
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some advice to you. If you are going to do stats then account for BOTH servers. In addition, that number seems arbitrary considering you didn't reference anything.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Some advice to you. If you are going to do stats then account for BOTH servers. In addition, that number seems arbitrary considering you didn't reference anything.

I don't have characters on both servers.

I wrote 75% as in 3 out of every 4 sorcerers I see, a rough estimate - crude, but I find it hard to come up with anything better.

In any case, it's certainly more than "1%" of our math genius Dexter here.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Adjusting the 5-piece bonuses from nine other item sets."

Sooooo curious!

My bet: Ice Furnace
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul Assault needs to be interruptible. This no counterplay nonsense if you're stamina is ridiculous.

Let's make it bashable but going through block as the old one
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

We play a different EU Sotha Sil it seems. Yes, Pets are not that rare anymore. But to say that 75% of Sorcs run a pet build is a bit exaggerated, is it not?

Also, open world pets are still not great. I'd rather have NB shades, at least they don't get killed or wander off.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Soul Assault needs to be interruptible. This no counterplay nonsense if you're stamina is ridiculous.

Let's make it bashable but going through block as the old one

Only if it goes through shields too.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread <.<
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on July 30, 2017 10:36PM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great! :smiley:

....but what are those nine sets? ._.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about change harness magicka to a magicka dodge ability that teleports you a couple meater and dodges all attacks like dodge roll works the same cost gets higher if used multiple times in a row

but nerfing necro will make magblade and magwarden a lot harder to survive the 9k should is how they survive if they don't have it they have t go heavy or get 2 shoted if a light armor player doesn't a shield you get two shoted 10k frags 8 to 13k incaps 10 to 14k metoers any build that has a burst you will die if your in light with out a shield

my classes I play are a mag warden and magdk
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for NB shades, I find it quite strange they count as pets for the purpose of Necropotence. A shade isn't a pet. Oh well.
    Edited by Feanor on July 31, 2017 7:45AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    As for NB shades, I find it quite strange they count as pets for the purpose of Necropotence. A shade isn't a pet. Oh well.

Even Ball of Lightning counts as a pet . I don't think questioning the shade is necessary at this point :D
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't question it. I just find it odd given the wording of the 5 piece bonus. But then ZOS isn't great at explaining basic game mechanics, so it all makes sense again.