The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Upcoming PTS Balance Changes

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope those five piece adjustments are for some of the weaker crafted sets.
    There is a bunch that really need a push.

*Crosses fingers for spectre's eye buffs, great stats weak 5 piece bonus*
    Edited by Narvuntien on July 28, 2017 5:56AM
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    can we nerf valkyn for the sake of completeness
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With ZOS logic I will guess that they sets that are going to get a nerf are the ones people been speculating becoming new meta/BiS. I wouldn´t be surprised if sets like Julianos, Spriggan, Hunding´s, Spinner, Necropotence (which could use a nerf, think some players realised that and started farming Netch-toutch for magsorc) receives a nerf. Then we´ll see a dev comment reasoning it´s to create diversity.....

But from what I saw the other changes looked promising, so I hope the changes to those 9 sets are good, and that the nerfs isn´t motivated by what the next meta will be, but the fact that they´re un-balanced/overperforming (not the same as BiS, something can be BiS and still balanced).
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NERF ALL, I SAY NERF ALL!!!
    The sets we gathered often painfully over months: NERF THEM!

The abilities we choose to play and developed: NERF THEM!!

The CP we gathered so long: NERF THEM!

The Skills we choose to play, to make our builds unique: NERF THEM!!

NERF ALL, so Mister Nobody can play his style and has nothing to frighten when he meets something, be it another player or NPC´s or a Boss.
    NERF ALL! and once more I say NERF ALL!
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    Nice too see that theres mo mention of a dmg nerf to selene. Even with 2secs delay lot of ppl get rekt ^^.

Funny that skoria isnt mentioned but its ok.

My money's on selene and tremorscale falling completely out of favor if the changes actually allow a competent player to consistently avoid the hit. The sets will lose their main draw (which is easy burst damage) for 80% of the set users out there.

Same reason you dont see everyone wearing stormfist or nerien'eth in PvP. It's a good thing.

If skoria doesnt take a hit, magicka builds (DKs and templars in particular) are going to be the real proctatoes next update. Although skoria isnt so bad on a stamina DK either... :D
    Edited by Valencer on July 28, 2017 6:43AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

They need to remove the cooldown from Spectre's Eye. It's ridiculous when Stamina builds can have 100% uptime with just a cheap spell.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They need to remove the cooldown from Spectre's Eye. It's ridiculous when Stamina builds can have 100% uptime with just a cheap spell.

which build uses this set??
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

which build uses this set??

I´ve tried it on magicka DK (only experimenting) and having up to 50% uptime on shuffle as a magicka user without slotting shuffle can be nice. A very niche setup though. And I can agree that the cooldown should be lowered, since it´s a huge trade off to slot 5 pieces of armor to get the same benefit as slotting a skill.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ultimate_Overlord lmfao mate that's a double edged sword you are playing with, tread with care ;)

@Adenoma necropotence is overpowered period, especially on magblades and pet sorcs. Please tell me of another set that gives you 7k magicka without any single condition whatsoever? You should already be using shade on magblade, so this set is just the cherry on the top. Not to mention the insanely op and ezmode pet sorcs that just dominate both in pvp and pve...
  • PocoTheTurtle
    PocoTheTurtle
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if this falls under here but any chance potion speed glyphs can be fixed? they have never worked properly as far as I know.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    @Ragnaroek93 lmao yeah pet sorcs are disgusting atm, I do hope they get nerfed one way or another. Also lolpotence, make it give a 2k mag bonus instead of a 4K one imo.

Necro NEEDS a nerf. Too many bad magblade rerolls getting carried by 20k shieldstacks it's not even funny at this point.

@Subversus
    But... but... shield strength doesn't scale with the number of opponents so 20k shieldstackers can't be OP :trollface:
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on July 28, 2017 8:33AM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some good changes, nice! :)
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this falls under here but any chance potion speed glyphs can be fixed? they have never worked properly as far as I know.

They got fixed with pts patch 3.1.2
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    NERF ALL, I SAY NERF ALL!!!
    The sets we gathered often painfully over months: NERF THEM!

The abilities we choose to play and developed: NERF THEM!!

The CP we gathered so long: NERF THEM!

The Skills we choose to play, to make our builds unique: NERF THEM!!

NERF ALL, so Mister Nobody can play his style and has nothing to frighten when he meets something, be it another player or NPC´s or a Boss.
    NERF ALL! and once more I say NERF ALL!

Toxic Argonian NB
    Sneaky Woodelf NB
    Stamsorc
    Stamblade

Are you upset that they nerfed your ability to use 2 buttons? :/

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the preview!
    That's great!
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mouton
    mouton
    ✭✭✭
    It's time to move from Stamina to Magicka now.
    Sheep by nature and by name - ToxicPlayers addon author - Once upon a time, Vindicte Guild's Sheep
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who says ZOS doesn't listen to feedback?

everyone
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus , the idea that magNBs are carried by necropotence is laughable. It's a strong set, but I don't think that magNBs are the biggest threat to the current meta. I mean, which classes have been constantly mentioned as the most underpowered in PvP right now? Generally, stamDK and magNB.

The idea that pet sorcs are unbalanced based on duels is not reason for balance. Have you tried a pet sorc 1vX? I know of literally one person that does that in overworld PvP to any measure of success - to me that's not a compelling reason to nerf a set. I'm sorry that an aspect of an unbalanced dueling scene in a game that is not balanced with 1v1 in mind is bothering you so much.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Subversus , the idea that magNBs are carried by necropotence is laughable. It's a strong set, but I don't think that magNBs are the biggest threat to the current meta. I mean, which classes have been constantly mentioned as the most underpowered in PvP right now? Generally, stamDK and magNB.

The idea that pet sorcs are unbalanced based on duels is not reason for balance. Have you tried a pet sorc 1vX? I know of literally one person that does that in overworld PvP to any measure of success - to me that's not a compelling reason to nerf a set. I'm sorry that an aspect of an unbalanced dueling scene in a game that is not balanced with 1v1 in mind is bothering you so much.

Necropotence on every magicka class will be very strong next patch with the changes to shadowrend. Imagine a heavy armor dk that has 45k magicka who can use an 8-10k harness magicka.
    Edited by BohnT on July 28, 2017 12:59PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ultimate_Overlord lmfao mate that's a double edged sword you are playing with, tread with care ;)

@Adenoma necropotence is overpowered period, especially on magblades and pet sorcs. Please tell me of another set that gives you 7k magicka without any single condition whatsoever? You should already be using shade on magblade, so this set is just the cherry on the top. Not to mention the insanely op and ezmode pet sorcs that just dominate both in pvp and pve...

Ridiculous and false. Necropotence requires that you keep the pet ALIVE. Easier said than done.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    I hope ZoS didn't nerf Necropotence in a bad way and destroy the 2 pets sorc gameplay. I don't wanna leave the game :|

Necropotence is overpowered on non pet sorc : NB shade unkillable, Warden necth unkillable but pets from sorc are killable.
    Necropotence need to work like this " Give 2k magicka per class summoned pet, up to 4k bonus" => Delete madness from proc set making proc necropotence, and nerf a bit all non killable pet users.

WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PLS do not nerf Julianos set!!
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Necropotence is overpowered on non pet sorc : NB shade unkillable, Warden necth unkillable but pets from sorc are killable.
    Necropotence need to work like this " Give 2k magicka per class summoned pet, up to 4k bonus" => Delete madness from proc set making proc necropotence, and nerf a bit all non killable pet users.

You made me laugh.
    Edited by Pastas on July 28, 2017 12:05PM
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    PLS do not nerf Julianos set!!

I hope they don't do that. If they do, that means hundings will also receive the same nerf. If they are nerfed does that mean briarheart will be better than hundings?

Edited by crobarXIII on July 28, 2017 12:07PM
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why am I not surprised to see that the usual suspects have started brigading this thread as well, asking for buffs to the strongest class in the game (when this patch has done nothing but buff them even more already).

There are other things that actually need buffs - if you're having trouble making magicka sorc, the current meta top dog (in every respect) work, then the problem lies in the player - not the class.
    Edited by DDuke on July 28, 2017 12:16PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ridiculous and false. Necropotence requires that you keep the pet ALIVE. Easier said than done.

What? Mate pets are unkillable on magblade and have a 20k shield on pet sorcs how is it easier said than done? I've played pet sorc in 1v1s and I main a magblade. I don't know what you're talking about.

Let me put it this way for you since you seem to be a 'forum sorc.'
    • The problem with pet sorcs in pvp is that they run 2 pets, necro therefore staying active 100% of the time and making it a nobrainer.
    • If you are playing a magblade and you don't use shade then you are not playing magblade properly. Shade is unkillable therefore making necro a nobrainer.

[Edit for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_MattL on July 28, 2017 3:22PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus , go 1vX with your pet sorc open world and tell me it's OP. MagNB is far from unbalanced in open world PvP and I don't think that you're going to make a good case that necropotence is the deciding factor that is making them "overpowered."
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lul
    Edited by Subversus on July 28, 2017 12:39PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Subversus , go 1vX with your pet sorc open world and tell me it's OP. MagNB is far from unbalanced in open world PvP and I don't think that you're going to make a good case that necropotence is the deciding factor that is making them "overpowered."

I wasn't talking about pet sorcs and 1vX. Any pet builds are generally *** in 1vX and will always be *** in 1vX. Pet sorcs will never be balanced around 1vX in this game, especially when the burst damage is so high.

Stop trying to lecture me on how to play the class I've played for over 3 years, I am certain I know magblade far better than you do.