Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Severe balancing issue regarding Torug's Pact changes/fixes and Oblivion Damage

• BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

Just a heads-up that there is indeed a bug with Torug's Pact that will be fixed in the next PTS patch. You can expect to see the damage output go back down to a more reasonable amount.

ty :)
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Dorrino wrote: »
    It´s gonna hit live and people will realize how stupid it was to dismiss this topic when they have deathrecaps of 2 lightattacks and 3 oblivion proccs.

If it will go live infused with oblivion damage both bars will be the meta for most if not all specs in pvp.

ps. Looking to buy infused spriggan's greatsword. NA, COD to @dorrino ^_^

Same enchatments share cooldown afaik - there´s technically no benefit in running oblivion on both?

@Derra

This is correct. But having it on both guarantees that it will proc each 2 sec:)

So you won't need to go back to say bow bar to get it procced.

Obliv damage is so strong that i run it on live on bow bar on stam nb.

The only reason i run other things was 4 sec cd glitch with infused.

Now when it's going down to 2 sec it just needs to proc:)

For instance disease does ~same damage on non-blocking non-tank target, and significantly less on blocking/shielding etc etc.

I personally prefer an infused weapon/spelldmg glyph on backbar - 500 on demand spelldmg (currently 0.5s effective cooldown none next patch).

Ssshhhusssshhh you ;)
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi folks,

Just a heads-up that there is indeed a bug with Torug's Pact that will be fixed in the next PTS patch. You can expect to see the damage output go back down to a more reasonable amount.

Hope you change things knowing that Oblivion Damage enchant is the problem , not the Torug's Pact set . You know , you can fix balance without making a perfectly fine PvE Tank set useless . Just reduce the damage of Oblivion enchant for example . Or increase it's cooldown . We tanks have already very low amount of options . Don't take another one away . You already made lots of them useless last patch .

Anyways , I hope you act according to this fact right here .
    Edited by Liofa on July 14, 2017 9:59PM
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

NOoOooOoooo

Fix infused or oblivion damage but leave Torug' alone, it didn't do anything :(

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s gonna hit live and people will realize how stupid it was to dismiss this topic when they have deathrecaps of 2 lightattacks and 3 oblivion proccs.

If it will go live infused with oblivion damage both bars will be the meta for most if not all specs in pvp.

Same enchatments share cooldown afaik - there´s technically no benefit in running oblivion on both?

@Derra

This is correct. But having it on both guarantees that it will proc each 2 sec:)

For instance disease does ~same damage on non-blocking non-tank target, and significantly less on blocking/shielding etc etc.

I personally prefer an infused weapon/spelldmg glyph on backbar - 500 on demand spelldmg (currently 0.5s effective cooldown none next patch).

@Derra

Currently it's 5 sec duration with 5 sec cd on wpd/spd glyph proc on infused gold weapons. Original cd is 8 sec which gets reduced to 5 sec with infused.

I used exactly that on the back bar until i realized that oblivion dmg gives better result.
    Edited by Dorrino on July 14, 2017 11:22PM
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone have any idea what bug Jessica is referring to? There is no bug that i can recall... other then it just being ridiculously op.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

You rock! Thanks for the heads-up...the Oblivion damage really was too strong when Torug's Pact was combined with Infused.
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
    Options
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the bug for torug pact?
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Derra

@Derra

Currently it's 5 sec duration with 5 sec cd on wpd/spd glyph proc on infused gold weapons. Original cd is 8 sec which gets reduced to 5 sec with infused.

I used exactly that on the back bar until i realized that oblivion dmg gives better result.

I´m fairly sure it´s 9 or 9.5s cd. I can´t get it to procc instantly if i wait until enchantment runs out (on live currently).
    Which should be possible if it was 8s cs.

I´m using weapon/spelldmg bc i get defensive benefits (more heal/ healingward) and can setup soulassault bursts with it - where enchantment dmg is irrelevant.
    Edited by Derra on July 15, 2017 9:16AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested Torug's using an infused bow with the oblivion enchantment.

Live:
    In 30 seconds on my test dummy, it (oblivion enchantment) proc'ed 5 times

PTS:
    In 30 seconds it proc'ed 7 times.

One thing I did notice on PTS was that my bow tooltip indicated the oblivion damage should be around 3K ... however ... that was not what the actual parse showed, which was around 2,500 oblivion damage. Although armor resistance should have nothing to do with it (oblivion damage), I equipped a set of Spriggins (jewelry, head, shoulders) with my Torug's to see if that made a difference, but nope, made no difference.

So, I don't know what the deal is with Torug's.

Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Hi folks,

NOoOooOoooo

And make infused or the glyph less attractive for anyone not running torugs? While it's obvious that the problem is the combo with torugs?
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

I am going to assume that the fix is either the fact that the Infused and Torugs 30% increase are not additive, and are instead multiplicative or that the 1s cooldown decrease is on the wrong side of the formula when done with Torug's Pacts cooldown decrease.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi folks,

I am going to assume that the fix is either the fact that the Infused and Torugs 30% increase are not additive, and are instead multiplicative or that the 1s cooldown decrease is on the wrong side of the formula when done with Torug's Pacts cooldown decrease.

Could be both really.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion is strong enough on live as it is.

Thats with everyone one using sharp and infused not reducing its cooldown.

Just stop the glyph working with infused/ torugs. If the glyph's damage isn't static like it's mean't to be then it should be reduced by cp/ armor etc..

But honestly 3k on basically every weave, that'll eat anything in pvp, blocking will become useless/ shields anything really.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

NOoOooOoooo

And make infused or the glyph less attractive for anyone not running torugs? While it's obvious that the problem is the combo with torugs?

What? It is in no way "obvious" that Torugs is the problem. If you do the math, it is obvious that the Oblivion enchant is overperforming. With or without Torugs and Infused. Torugs/Infused just inflates that.

Leave Torugs alone.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Hi folks,

NOoOooOoooo

What? It is in no way "obvious" that Torugs is the problem. If you do the math, it is obvious that the Oblivion enchant is overperforming. With or without Torugs and Infused. Torugs/Infused just inflates that.

Leave Torugs alone.

Just to clarify; Oblivion Enchant is balanced for no CP PvE. It will do same damage as other enchants. With CP it performs worse actually. Much worse.

The inbalance comes with the fact that battlespirit is not affecting it, while it should do that. There is no reason it should not. No sets should be nerfed, nor the actual enchant changed. The ONLY problem here, is that the enchant is not affected by battlespirit. End of Story.
    PC - EU
    Options
  • DarkGottbeard
    DarkGottbeard
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom line, if a heal was ignoring battle spirit you would fix it. If a set bonus was ignoring battle spirit you would fix it. If anything else in the game was ignoring battle spirit you would fix it.
    Fix oblivion enchant ignoring battle spirit.
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottom line, if a heal was ignoring battle spirit you would fix it. If a set bonus was ignoring battle spirit you would fix it. If anything else in the game was ignoring battle spirit you would fix it.

If any other thing was ignoring Mist Form's damage reduction or armor/spell resists, ZOS would fix that too, but those are both intended behavior for Oblivion damage. It shouldn't be affected by Battle Spirit because it wasn't intended to be affected by Battle Spirit.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • DarkGottbeard
    DarkGottbeard
    ✭✭✭

If any other thing was ignoring Mist Form's damage reduction or armor/spell resists, ZOS would fix that too, but those are both intended behavior for Oblivion damage. It shouldn't be affected by Battle Spirit because it wasn't intended to be affected by Battle Spirit.

Mist Form, Shield, Armor, Sr those are all player based mitigation choices. Battle Spirit is a universal rule set for PvP. They aren't even in the same category.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Mist Form, Shield, Armor, Sr those are all player based mitigation choices. Battle Spirit is a universal rule set for PvP. They aren't even in the same category.

agree...

if you look at pve, compare the damage between say fire or frost vs OD, you see the OD is basically "pre-mitigated" in that it does significantly less damage but that is a set value in spite of the target defenses. Very clear when racial, class and cp bonuses are kicked in.

but when you move to pvp all the other damage gets a massive cut and that turns the tables letting OD be baseline higher and ignore target defenses.

that is an error, not a feature.

if that is fixed, the performance of OD in PVP falls in line with its performance in PVE.

it is not torugs that is the issue or infused or this set or that set - its the BS/OD failure.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Hope you change things knowing that Oblivion Damage enchant is the problem , not the Torug's Pact set . You know , you can fix balance without making a perfectly fine PvE Tank set useless . Just reduce the damage of Oblivion enchant for example . Or increase it's cooldown . We tanks have already very low amount of options . Don't take another one away . You already made lots of them useless last patch .

Anyways , I hope you act according to this fact right here .

I dont think they see that set as an option for tanks. Just look at every tanking set they introduce. Always something that makes you necessarily tanky and gives 0 group utility.
    Offtank of the year 2016
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Oblivion glyph gets reduced by battlespirit, then it becomes a completely worthless item. It's not even viable for PvE now, with it only dealing approximately 1-2k DMG at most it's a stupid choice
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

It does ignore every form of mitigation. So there should be a trade off. Which could be a higher CD, a lesser proc chance or reduced damage. The latter sure is easiest to implement.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Cool might dust off my old elite dominion bow with 4200 unresistable dmg even though it's vr14
    Each patch means change

Can you get a screenshot of it? It is from eagle eye set? Never heard of it or enchants that are stronger then standard enchants. You sure its not prismatic?

it's tool tip says unressistable dmg sorry can't get screenshots atm it is part of three piece though
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Values on these items were adjusted, so propably no chance to get that 4,2k oblivion dmg.
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Oblivion glyph gets reduced by battlespirit, then it becomes a completely worthless item. It's not even viable for PvE now, with it only dealing approximately 1-2k DMG at most it's a stupid choice

@Waffennacht

But that is not entirely true. And if we are talking about balance and diversity, Oblivion Enchant should perform WORSE than anything else, against anyone not with high mitigation, block, shields etc., but perform BETTER than anything WITH those mitigations. Currently it just performs better than anything else, no matter what.

Currently, OB is 1900.
    Fire is 2500. Battlespirit makes it 1250. Resistances on a medium armor target (25%) brings it down to app. 950. This can then be amplified by Passives etc, and will most often be at 1000-1100 base damage. Which can crit.

So giving OB Battlespirit, would put it down to 950. Making it equal / sligtly worse compared to a Fire enchant, if you are NOT penetrating any armor. If you have ANY penetration, the Fire Enchant will do more damage. AND it will be a ble to crit. Thus, Fire Enchant would be preferred.

BUT, if the target is a Heavy Armor target, holding down Block, Oblivion Damage will still be the best choice. We dont need the math to know that. On a blocking target, your Fire enchant will do next to nothing (like 200 damage). Oblivion would still do 950.

So.. Applying Battlespirit to the Oblivion Enchant will not destroy it in anyway. It will put it exactly where it needs to be. A specialty choice for dealing only with high-mitigation targets.
    Edited by raasdal on July 17, 2017 10:49AM
    PC - EU
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It may not be a terrible idea to increase the GCD of the Oblivion enchant to 10 seconds. What way Infused reduces it to 5 seconds. I can see an issue with this enchant proc'ing every 2.5 seconds.

Don't reduce it with battle spirit though. That would definitely kill that enchant.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

You have the right idea. This is the patch note:

Torug’s Pact: This item set now reduces the cooldown of your weapon enchantment by 30% instead of one second, and is multiplicative with the cooldown reduction of the Infused trait.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Torug’s Pact: This item set now reduces the cooldown of your weapon enchantment by 30% instead of one second, and is multiplicative with the cooldown reduction of the Infused trait.

4 second cooldown. 50% infused. 30% torugs. So cooldow is now 1.4 seconds correct?
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4 second cooldown. 50% infused. 30% torugs. So cooldow is now 1.4 seconds correct?

If the enchant deals damage instead of augmenting stats, then yes. Augment enchants such as Weakener, Beserker, and Crusher will have a 3.5 second cooldown (10s base) after the change.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options