Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Severe balancing issue regarding Torug's Pact changes/fixes and Oblivion Damage

• raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhhh.... I have been waiting for them to fix the Infused bug with Oblivion Damage, to dust off my old Torugs/Infused. I will now combine it with Knightslayer, on a MagTemplar.
    Derra wrote: »
    Why not keep it? That way magicka classes can kill each other through shields. The ones who actually use HoT's will win. I see no issue with this setup except for the greedy sorcs who refuse to slot HoT's.

That´s probably the most ignorant statement i´ve read so far. Sorc is actually the class that will have the least issues with this (and utilize it the most).

You will have 4 people lightattacking you and they will basically be able to kill you within 2s with 2 lightattacks each. Not using any skills.
    It´s basically viper on steroids (bc you can´t defend with things like mistform or block)on 1.3s cooldown and on range.
    This is the definition of zero counterplay zergempowering mechanic.

It´s not gonna be (that much of) an issue for sorcs because they can spread the dmg between shields and hp making healing it way easier than on any target that only works with their HP pool.

Its like shield breaker though. Sorcs generally have the lowest health pool and use no hots. Oblivion enchants with infused/toraqs would eat them alive through shields which is why i said it would hurt them the most.

You can now dodge the enchant.

Would 2k oblivion procs be fine? It would just mimic a bow player using shield breaker. If you cant heal through that then i dunno what to tell ya.

Toraqs could probably recieve a 10% damage nerf and only apply a 0.5 cd reduction.

Since sharpend got nerfed, players are gonna need oblivion damage to kill tanky targets.

Do you not realize that the problem isn´t about 1v1 but about irresistable unavoidable instant dmg from multiple sources?

I don´t think any competent sorc will give a damn about that tbh. It´s the best thing that can happen when dmg spreads between shield and hp for 1v1 situations.

Really? I will be doing app. 5k Oblivion Damage every 2 sec. On top of that, damage from one skill, another enchant and my DW heavy. How would you keep up your health as a MagSorc, when i have all your 20K health taken away, in 6 seconds - disregarding any shields.
    Edited by raasdal on July 11, 2017 10:40AM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Gonna be nasty.. Combine with shieldbreaker and its around 5k unresistable every 1.2 seconds. That's like 4x viper, un-mitigatable, unshieldable, from range.
    Not to mention there's the actual normal damage from the attacks on top of that.

Dunno what to do on sorc to be honest.. won't have enough cooldowns to keep both shields AND heals up.. its not like slapping on some heavy armour and relying on heals instead of shields would help... since without shields, the best source of sorc heals(pet) can't stay alive. Will we need to go hybrid and combine rally with shields?

Imho Oblivion damage needs to be affected by battle spirit.

Resto HoT and lingering health pots would help. Also health regen. Oblivion enchant could use a bigger nerf (or torags) but the nerf should not be justified just because players refuse to slot HoTs or spec more into healing.

I disagree. I don't think you should be forced down a particular build just to combat one enchant. Many builds are already seriously constrained with skill-slots - and many classes only have hots available from resto-staff. There is no way that mutagen on its own can counter this, which means that it isn't as simple as slotting a hot.

On that note, I came up with a build to combat shieldbreaker recently. I don't remember all the details, but it involved troll-king, mutagen, crit-surge on main bar (not overload). It meant losing around 10k magica and a burst-heal - and switching to destro rather than dual-wield (as it had nowhere near enough burst for a DW build) . In short, a TOTAL rebuild.

I'm not adverse to fitting something into a build to cater for a particular attack, but I do NOT like having to do a total rebuild and be forced into a totally different playstyle (especially vanilla destro/resto ) for it.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Shhhh.... I have been waiting for them to fix the Infused bug with Oblivion Damage, to dust off my old Torugs/Infused. I will now combine it with Knightslayer, on a MagTemplar.
    Why not keep it? That way magicka classes can kill each other through shields. The ones who actually use HoT's will win. I see no issue with this setup except for the greedy sorcs who refuse to slot HoT's.

That´s probably the most ignorant statement i´ve read so far. Sorc is actually the class that will have the least issues with this (and utilize it the most).

You will have 4 people lightattacking you and they will basically be able to kill you within 2s with 2 lightattacks each. Not using any skills.
    It´s basically viper on steroids (bc you can´t defend with things like mistform or block)on 1.3s cooldown and on range.

It´s not gonna be (that much of) an issue for sorcs because they can spread the dmg between shields and hp making healing it way easier than on any target that only works with their HP pool.

Its like shield breaker though. Sorcs generally have the lowest health pool and use no hots. Oblivion enchants with infused/toraqs would eat them alive through shields which is why i said it would hurt them the most.

Would 2k oblivion procs be fine? It would just mimic a bow player using shield breaker. If you cant heal through that then i dunno what to tell ya.

Toraqs could probably recieve a 10% damage nerf and only apply a 0.5 cd reduction.

Since sharpend got nerfed, players are gonna need oblivion damage to kill tanky targets.

Do you not realize that the problem isn´t about 1v1 but about irresistable unavoidable instant dmg from multiple sources?

I don´t think any competent sorc will give a damn about that tbh. It´s the best thing that can happen when dmg spreads between shield and hp for 1v1 situations.

Really? I will be doing app. 5k Oblivion Damage every 2 sec. On top of that, damage from one skill, another enchant and my DW heavy. How would you keep up your health as a MagSorc, when i have all your 20K health taken away, in 6 seconds - disregarding any shields.

it´s 3k with torugs + infused

basically a little stronger than shieldbreaker - which is manageable in 1v1.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's disgusting. RIP.

It should definitely be affected by battle spirit at least.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The glyph should be changed from damage to heal. It's stupid how 90% of all players use either poisons oft this glyph. Change it to restore 3k health (1.5 in pvp) instead of dealing 3k dmg, with this change it is no longer the wet dream of zerglings because the effect spreads between every player and isn't focused like a laser beam on one enemy
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion enchant is stupidly op compared to other enchants already on live. ZOS needs to adress this on pts ASAP. Specifcly with infused+torug

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Hankrabbit
    Hankrabbit
    ✭✭✭
    infused shieldbreaker weapons with oblivion enchants. bye bye sorcs
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Oblivion Damage be reduced by Battle Spirit, Increase the Oblivion Damage done by Shield-breaker and Knight Slayer.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gonna be nasty.. Combine with shieldbreaker and its around 5k unresistable every 1.2 seconds. That's like 4x viper, un-mitigatable, unshieldable, from range.
    Not to mention there's the actual normal damage from the attacks on top of that.

Dunno what to do on sorc to be honest.. won't have enough cooldowns to keep both shields AND heals up.. its not like slapping on some heavy armour and relying on heals instead of shields would help... since without shields, the best source of sorc heals(pet) can't stay alive. Will we need to go hybrid and combine rally with shields?

Resto HoT and lingering health pots would help. Also health regen. Oblivion enchant could use a bigger nerf (or torags) but the nerf should not be justified just because players refuse to slot HoTs or spec more into healing.

I disagree. I don't think you should be forced down a particular build just to combat one enchant. Many builds are already seriously constrained with skill-slots - and many classes only have hots available from resto-staff. There is no way that mutagen on its own can counter this, which means that it isn't as simple as slotting a hot.

On that note, I came up with a build to combat shieldbreaker recently. I don't remember all the details, but it involved troll-king, mutagen, crit-surge on main bar (not overload). It meant losing around 10k magica and a burst-heal - and switching to destro rather than dual-wield (as it had nowhere near enough burst for a DW build) . In short, a TOTAL rebuild.

I'm not adverse to fitting something into a build to cater for a particular attack, but I do NOT like having to do a total rebuild and be forced into a totally different playstyle (especially vanilla destro/resto ) for it.

This isnt just one enchant. It requires toraqs also. Without toraqs the enchant will be 30% less and a 2 second cooldown with infused.

Its the combination of infused/oblivion/toraqs people are afraid of. Infused Oblivion on its own is strong but not a deal breaker and easily mitigated with hots.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 11, 2017 11:49AM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So your saying this needs a nerf because it hurts 1vX?
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It needs a nerf for the same reason viper needed one.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It needs a nerf for the same reason viper needed one.

Viper was nerfed because burst was op. How is oblivion burst in a scernario where people are concerned about light attack spamming toraq's users?

I dont think Oblivion is the problem but rather toraqs. Without toraqs, infused oblivon is just strong against tanks/shields and not over-bearing. Elemental enchants that can crit are still superior against medium users.

Anything op outnumbered.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 11, 2017 12:08PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If that's the case, then I'm politely going to stick to PvE for the next patch.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT

Torug's isn't the problem. It's Oblivion Damage Enchantment and Oblivion Damage in general.

Let's Take a look: (Non-CP) (Non-Infused / Non-Torug's)

Truly Superb Glyph of Reduce Health: 2003 Oblivion Damage
    Truly Superb Glyph of Flame: 2863 Flame Damage

After Critical:
    Truly Superb Glyph of Flame: 4294 Flame Damage

Critical After Battle Spirit:
    Truly Superb Glyph of Flame: 2,147 Flame Damage

The Glyph of Flame is further reduced by player Spell Resistance. If an enemy player has more than:
    ((2147-2003)/2147) * 660 = 4,426 Spell Resistance
    the Oblivion Damage Enchantment will deal more damage (Non-CP scenario). The flame damage enchantment will only have a chance at beating the oblivion damage enchantment if the player has less that 4,426 Spell Resistance after all applied penetration and it was also a critical hit.

In General, this means that the Oblivion Damage Enchantment will beat out every enchantment unless you're looking for a status effect.

In my opinion, the Oblivion Damage Enchantment should be increased to 2863, be influenced by Battle Spirit, be reduced by a players Spell Resistance, be able to crit, and Ignore Player Damage Shields.

Which means on average it'll deal less health damage to targets in comparison to other enchantments, but it will deal more health damage to shielded targets than other enchantments due to it's shield bypassing effect.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on July 11, 2017 12:39PM
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This isnt just one enchant. It requires toraqs also. Without toraqs the enchant will be 30% less and a 2 second cooldown with infused.

Its the combination of infused/oblivion/toraqs people are afraid of. Infused Oblivion on its own is strong but not a deal breaker and easily mitigated with hots.

I don't think oblivion + infused is easily mitigated by hots.. At least not the paltry hot your average sorc can get from mutagen.. unless you're talking about stacking multiple hots to get over it..? How many? how many slots is that gonna take?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Options
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for all of you who still cant imagine that this gonna be totally op:

count to 6 ... thats the time window in which you got 18k unresistable damage (0sec = first proc) ... and now imagine skills on top of that and multiple enemies.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is gross lmfao
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think oblivion + infused is easily mitigated by hots.. At least not the paltry hot your average sorc can get from mutagen.. unless you're talking about stacking multiple hots to get over it..? How many? how many slots is that gonna take?

With just infused the cooldowns every 2 seconds. 1k hot per second is easily managable. Granted you can easily healing ward and cc targets preventing them from spamming.

Toraqs spamming every second is where the issue comes in. Just like how shield breaker spamming can be annoying.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @GreenSoup2HoT

Torug's isn't the problem. It's Oblivion Damage Enchantment and Oblivion Damage in general.

Let's Take a look: (Non-CP) (Non-Infused / Non-Torug's)

Truly Superb Glyph of Flame: 2863 Flame Damage

After Critical:
    Truly Superb Glyph of Flame: 4294 Flame Damage

Critical After Battle Spirit:
    Truly Superb Glyph of Flame: 2,147 Flame Damage

The Glyph of Flame is further reduced by player Spell Resistance. If an enemy player has more than:
    ((2147-2003)/2147) * 660 = 4,426 Spell Resistance
    the Oblivion Damage Enchantment will deal more damage (Non-CP scenario). The flame damage enchantment will only have a chance at beating the oblivion damage enchantment if the player has less that 4,426 Spell Resistance after all applied penetration and it was also a critical hit.

In General, this means that the Oblivion Damage Enchantment will beat out every enchantment unless you're looking for a status effect.

In my opinion, the Oblivion Damage Enchantment should be increased to 2863, be influenced by Battle Spirit, be reduced by a players Spell Resistance, be able to crit, and Ignore Player Damage Shields.

Which means on average it'll deal less health damage to targets in comparison to other enchantments, but it will deal more health damage to shielded targets than other enchantments due to it's shield bypassing effect.

I like your idea but it has to bypass resistances to be the clear winner over other enchants for this purpose against perma block or shield stack. I think it needs to deal less damage but nothing else changed about it. I still think toraqs could be reduced in cooldown just so it isnt abused.

Its easier to just reduce then change the enchants mechanics.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if oblivion glyph remains unresistable and not affected by Battle Spirit, dmg should be reduced 50% to a 1k tooltip.

Otherwise it is OP as Yuke has shown.
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

With just infused the cooldowns every 2 seconds. 1k hot per second is easily managable. Granted you can easily healing ward and cc targets preventing them from spamming.

Toraqs spamming every second is where the issue comes in. Just like how shield breaker spamming can be annoying.

I'm not sure my simple hot is that big - need to check though..

Gotta quote this from the viper thread though..:
    When i debuff healing by 63% with major/minor defoul and simple befoul cp... add in a couple extra dots and your not healing through anything ....but yeah viper is terrible nobdy should use it anymore ;);)
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's "Oblivion" damage so should only work against daedra and people in the Xivkyn polymorph. You're welcome balancing team.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only thing that i like about it is that in this patch it's actually a buff to medium armor as enchants don't proc when you dodge the attack so only heavy armor and shield stackers eat the full dmg, other than that i think it's bullcrap, because the outcry will be huge when the other 2 main defences are so easy counterable. As a medium player you understand that it's crap design that you can ignore the biggest part of the defence with one skill because you encounter it every day in almost each fight
    Edited by BohnT on July 11, 2017 2:28PM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the patch notes, I thought the same thing the OP did.

I dislike the whole concept of Oblivion damage. If it ignores everything it should not be so strong.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somehow I don't think my death recaps will look any different than they do on live now

6iroyc4.png
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion definitely needs to be affected by battle spirit. Like everything else.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Oblivion definitely needs to be affected by battle spirit. Like everything else.

Or just reduce the glyph's strength by 50%, period. Nobody uses it in PvE anyway and oblivion damage ignores every form of damage reduction in the game by design, including battle spirit. In PvE almost every damage dealer maxes out penetration so any other damage glyph with a bigger damage tooltip simply does more DPS.

ZOS is going to have to take a stance if they want PvP to be more than zergs of stupid people light attacking a few other people to death.
    Edited by Valencer on July 11, 2017 3:04PM
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_KaiSchober

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@Wrobel

@ZOS_RichLambert

This needs to be adressed as soon as possible :smile:
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Looks promising.

yup, and immediately I start wondering if this would be any good in PVE :)
    Options
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Somehow I don't think my death recaps will look any different than they do on live now

6iroyc4.png

There will be 5 of those with higher dmg on each. Had some fites with a mag nb using that combo + trollking and resto ult+ lich. Almost all my deathcaps where only the glyph through shields. It was pretty even vs my pet sorc(55k magicka build) and 4 pet stack. Was quite funny so if u play a normal build this is even in a 1v1 non counterable. 2-3k dps is more than any set ever gave - viper was every 4 seconds 8k/2(battlespirit) and didnt ignore resists and shields.
    Edited by Murador178 on July 11, 2017 3:18PM
    Options