Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.0

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are there so many happy posts... WTF ARE YOU DOING ZOS I NEED MY RAGE THREADS TO TROLL!?!?!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3JhRAyg.png
    NfSKLo8.png

Awesome thanks for the buff. So unless I read this wrong, shadowrend proc can get a damage boost in elemental expert and spell erosion now. Is Maw of the Infernal set changed too? I liked using that set more for a summoner, but im assuming now it will stay physical damage.
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man.... was looking for something to pull me back into the game but you guys just keep hitting on the people who spent a lot of time grinding or making money to craft/buy their stuff.

If penetration was the issue, you could tweak something else to reduce the damage OR increase damage mitigation and not *** over people who spent a lot of time grinding everywhere.

Then you and other people wonder why veteran players and why some good players leave your game. I know this is a first PTS patch but seriously who daf comes up with these ideas yo?
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    Their damage has also been adjusted due to this new scaling and should remain relatively unchanged (with an exception to Burning, which now deals approximately double the damage of before)

Seems like a pretty solid buff to BSW if burning now does double damage. Is the burning damage a significant amount?

Combustion: This passive ability now increases the damage of Burning and Poisoned by 25/50%, down from 33/66%.

It got nerfed, not buffed. Reread it.

Huh? You reread... They buffed burning damage across the board by double. So even with the combustion nerf, burning will still do way more damage for Mag DKs.

Oh, I didn't read that part. So not reread ^_^

I just skipped down to DKs and got triggered. Thanks for pointing that out.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not make Nerieneth instant damage with a max mag 1pc bonus? That would put it on par with Selene as the magicka instant burst proc set.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good note, it all seems like a move in the right direction.

One omission, where is the change/removal of resource poisons? They really just aren't good for the game.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Improved treasure chests found in Veteran Dungeons and Trials. Now, simple-quality chests will never spawn in a Veteran Dungeon or Trial, which significantly improves your chance to get set items from treasure chests in Veteran Dungeons and Trials.

Good change!
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting patch.

I am disappointed that Repentance wasn't looked at :(
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Sharpened trait nerfed by nearly a half, still no token system, what about all these people who farmed like crazy their sharpened weapons ZOS? Why are you spit on your players once again? I'm done.

I have to agree here. 110% After thr months of farming.. MONTHS.

Otherwise I actually like alot of these changes, certain builds got much stronger this patch. ..and I actually asked for that change to prosperous.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha get wrecked proc set and sharpened users
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    my nirn vmsa inferno loves this
    I sure feel sorry for them that farmed hard for sharpend, but I for myself am running vmsa since it's release and didn't get -any- sharpend weapon, so I reaaally jump on the hype train this time.
    Edited by DemonDruaga on July 10, 2017 9:18PM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    So... what's everyone think of putting all the combat-related things in its own section and calling out balance-specific changes? I agonized for days over how to format it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another observation: Twice Born Star could be interesting with a lot of mundus changes. Especially in divines. For example, can get more spell pen than spinners + 360 Spell damage or recovery.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Making HUGE changes to traits and not giving for people ability to change them (specially on BiS BoP gear) is scandalous.

Naaaaaaa.

When Precise was BiS and everything was changed to Sharpen, nobody complained.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... what's everyone think of putting all the combat-related things in its own section and calling out balance-specific changes? I agonized for days over how to format it.

It's what I always scroll to find.
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, this is my preferred way of reading things.

Also, I'm pretty disappointed defending and sharpened were nerfed so much (about half!), but overall I enjoy the rest of the changes. Great patch by the looks of it.
    pc na | trash tier
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the moment on the PTS
    • A lot of monster set are missing on template ( nerienth ect..)
    • We can see some " crown store tatoo " called " NAME ME DARKRED LIPSTICK" in the collection tab
    • We can see a " Crown store " skin named " Forge-sang " / " Forge-blood" , but we can't see the one who look like the doll in the film " SO "
    • We can't see the Achievement saying that the reward for the achieve of this achievement is the " skin that look like the doll in the film " SO " "

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another observation: Twice Born Star could be interesting with a lot of mundus changes. Especially in divines. For example, can get more spell pen than spinners + 360 Spell damage or recovery.

Which is indirectly a buff to crafters, too. More stuff for us to sell at high prices!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Phlathead
    Phlathead
    ✭✭
    Surge: This ability and its morphs now use your highest critical strike rating to determine their Critical Strike chance.

Just so I understand this correctly, this refers to the chance of the heal critting?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sure TBS got a big buff!
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Four New Motifs

The Hlaalu, Redoran, and Telvanni Motifs are now available in Vvardenfell! These three styles and their associated style items can be found by stealing from citizens of Vvardenfell - picking their pockets, stealing from their safe boxes, and looting Thieves Troves left behind by fellow members of the Thieves Guild.

I count three. Where's the fourth?

programmer code quality is only as good and its Communications staff and the ability they have to edit & proof read.....
    Edited by Jailbirdy on July 10, 2017 9:02PM
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    I may risk a ban for spamming but:

Selene gonna still have a 17.2k Tooltip on my warden (minor berserk) when everything else will be a dot.

Telegraphed and dodgeable. Will have to try it but sounds good. But in any case just one instant dmge proc sec isn't much to worry about.

And even then could we not panic day one of testing. There is a month ahead of pts, provide feedback.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on July 10, 2017 9:03PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good changes overall.
    Edited by Contraptions on July 10, 2017 9:33PM
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    Their damage has also been adjusted due to this new scaling and should remain relatively unchanged (with an exception to Burning, which now deals approximately double the damage of before)

Seems like a pretty solid buff to BSW if burning now does double damage. Is the burning damage a significant amount?

Combustion: This passive ability now increases the damage of Burning and Poisoned by 25/50%, down from 33/66%.

It got nerfed, not buffed. Reread it.

Huh? You reread... They buffed burning damage across the board by double. So even with the combustion nerf, burning will still do way more damage for Mag DKs.

BURNING EFFECT!!!!!

Please, stop saying it's a buff, Burning effect in PvP on a DK build towards it never reached over 1k per tick
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the best patchnotes (apart from selene) that i´ve ever read by zos.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes!

"The Lover: Now grants 2752 Physical and Spell Penetration"
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip sharpened weapons. As for people complaining about Selene I think it is fine, stop over exaggerating the damage "17.2K" lmao. I have 5k weapon damage and never hit for over 9k, plus now it has an indicator which means you can more easily avoid ALL the damage. I still think Viper will be strong, a 4 second DoT with a 4 second cooldown so basically a permanent DoT. Obviously, a buff to sustained damage builds and a nerf to burst builds.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭

YEAH! Great point. You can run precise weapons with the mundus for penetration plus mundus for spell/weapon damage and have some really good stats!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "While we are happy with the current damage values of these Item Sets, having them deliver that damage in unavoidable bursts has led to an unsatisfying PvP experience"

Why are you nerfing sets like Ilambris which are purely PvE and NOBODY complained about them? It's not a PvP set! Why (again!) PvE playerbase is getting nerfed because of PvP?

Another stupid pvp-hater.

Why the hell would you think that an individual nerf to a specific set which is NEVER used in PvP but ALWAYS used in pve was done because of PVP? Perhaps, just perhaps it was over performing in pve compared to other sets, so perhaps, just perhaps they did it purely for pve balance reasons?
    Edited by Biro123 on July 10, 2017 9:08PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Valkner
    Valkner
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome changes overall! Can not wait to test all these new builds now with mundus / trait changes! Thankfully I never deconned any BiS or VMA gear and have 400+ weapons stored on 3 gear alts. Anyone who deconned VMA / BiS weapons should will be hurting with their lack of foresight.