The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.0

• sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. My fat, wayward thumb may or may not have indicated my preference. No bother. Good, silly survey.
  • Trip391
    Trip391
    Soul Shriven
    The patch is coming out the same day as the Horns of the Reach DLC, right? So we have a couple weeks to acquire the writ vendor recipes that are being removed?
  • deleted220701-004865
    The new prosperous is terrible. It either needs to be buffed a lot or, even better, keep the farming set idea but make it good. An increased chance at epic or legendary drops. An increased chance at 'good' traits on weapons/gear. An increased chance at motif drops from chests and bosses. Better crafting mats from nodes, etc. Something to combat bad RNG, and people will wear it to farm. Also, it would be nice if it was only craftable...along with Training.
    Edited by deleted220701-004865 on July 17, 2017 12:37PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zoliru wrote: »
    Fettkeewl wrote: »
    The Lover was completely redesigned to grant Spell and Physical Penetration

Mmmmmmhmm
    I c what you did there :|:D

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

https://i.imgur.com/VkXcYQO.gif
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    So the proc set changes are a welcome change as are the mundus rebalance and such but when the hell are you going to do something about sorcs?

Why should 1 class out of 5 remain the strongest for almost a year? It makes 0 sense. Yeah okay they are 40% of the pop or whatever but please dont pander like that, BALANCE IT. The daedric curse change was great then that got reverted because of sorc mains whining. The stupid execute from sorcs need to go and you need to get rid of encase or rework it that spammable crap is broken.

One last thing, get rid of shield stacking it ruins the game. Put an increase in cost per carst on hardened ward please. Like you did with streak. I would suggest doing it to harness as well but harness is tiny even with bastion points compared to hardened ward.

Just to note; I have every class except templar and infact I spent most of the time before morrowind on a sorc. So I am not biased here, seriously something needs to be done about it. Its disgusting how powerful sorcs are.

Sorcs have so much;
    - Burst
    - Sustain
    - Survivability
    - CC (too much CC imo).

They need to be put in a position where THEY HAVE to make a choice between bursting someone down and surviving they shouldnt be allowed to do both. That was the put of the super nerfs to sustain wasnt it? Not allowing people to do both too easily?

Im sick too death of fighting sorcs. Id rather fight heal bots at this point.

The Salt is strong with this one. Just because you are not good at combating sorcs does not mean they are OP.
  • Alsaroth
    Alsaroth
    ✭✭
    "The Thief: Reduced Critical Strike Chance to 9% from 11".

What da hell do ya think ya're doin'? A great big: Boo! in yar general direction.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alsaroth wrote: »
    "The Thief: Reduced Critical Strike Chance to 9% from 11".

What da hell do ya think ya're doin'? A great big: Boo! in yar general direction.

Because precise weapon is buff to 9% crit damage and lover mundus gives penteration bonus. This allows more combinations rather then having always sharpen weapon and thief mundus
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 17, 2017 4:34PM
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trip391 wrote: »
    The patch is coming out the same day as the Horns of the Reach DLC, right? So we have a couple weeks to acquire the writ vendor recipes that are being removed?

Correct. If you are on console, you should receive the DLC & patch a few weeks later after that... or roughly right around the time for them to announce the next round of updates.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno. Patch notes today?
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS PATCH.... is the best thing Zenimax has done since One Tamriel. Seriously.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asayre wrote: »
    I havent been able to write this since the 1.5 Patch, but I must admit I am impressed with the majority of what I see here.

Anyone bemoaning the nerfs to sharpened and defending is only interested in maintaining their best in slot status and not adding legitimate diversity to the game. I still think since this is all quantified, people like @Asayre will eventually figure out what is best, but at least there does appear to be options and the gap is not quite as large.

Selene's did not need I nerf, I play magicka and never used this and do not have a problem with my opponent's using it. Skoria didn't need a nerf either. I wish the "nerf X" crowd would just be quiet and understand that just because something does not suit their preferred playstyle, doesnt mean it needs a nerf.

I must infer from this patch (and the last year's worth of patches) that ZoS is generally satisfied with classes and skilllines since there have been so few changes in these areas. This is the one respect where I do not agree (although I do think the relative balance between the classes is acceptable).

Most of the other notes I feel represent a solid foundation that can be tweaked enough during the PTS process to improve the game.

Did you want something like this...

Lover(6.1%) > Thief(4.7%) > Shadow(4.4%) > Apprentice(4.41%) > Mage(3.5%)

Damage increase compared to no mundus shown in parenthesis

Thief, Shadow, Apprentice and Mage seem decently balance. The error in my estimates probably makes the variance even smaller but it seems Lover is slightly preferred.

Initial estimates for weapon traits are

Sharpened(6.1%) > Infused(4.8%) > Precise(4.7%) > Nirnhoned(3.5%)

Damage increase compared to no trait shown in parenthesis

Again decently balanced except for Sharpened.

By the way, standardisation of Mundus and Trait values made it such that Sharpened = Lover and Precise = Thief so saved a few calculations there. The 3.5% for Nirnhoned and Mage is a coincidence.

I postulate that Sharpened and Lover are slightly overperforming to make the gap between low coordination and high coordination groups smaller. You would presumably get more debuffs in organised groups thus increasing the likelihood that you reach the penetration cap and no benefiting fully from Sharpened/Lover.

Calculation details

as there appears to be an issue with Infused trait at the moment (with regards to percentages applied and cool down reductions etc.), do your calculations take this into account?
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    Why the constant bombardment of nerfs against the mDK???

Zenimax, the mDK has been the most beaten down class since imperial city, if anything you NEED to seriously retweak this class in so many areas, have you ever actually played a light build?

Seriously, this is getting way out of control, reflective fire scales is bugged, once casted you still do not reflect (sometimes) any projectiles, since you messed with this ability in IC update.

You REALLY need to buff this class or at least rework this class, it is not even competitive in cyrodiil. Go vampire, heavy, mist form and whip, mist and wipe and use ulti...how is this a "pressure" build??

It is bad enough that 90% of the projectiles can not be reflected anymore, seriously buff this class already, its just unacceptable.

*Edit forget the combustion nerf i missed on the burning buff But leaving the mDK the way it is now is just bad, we need to have some changes.

Agree with this. When ESO launched pvp seemed to have a far more even spread of the classes. These days it doesn't. Why? Imbalance. Most pvp players seem to be NBs and Sorcs. It would be nice to see a more even spread. I miss seeing more mDKs in the field (I have dk, sorc, nb and warden btw).

• murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain the combat balances below in easy to understand way for a noob. Thanks

Adjusted Elemental status effects, such as Burning or Concussion, so they now scale with your Max Magicka or Max Stamina, in addition to your Spell Damage or Weapon Damage. Their damage has also been adjusted due to this new scaling and should remain relatively unchanged (with an exception to Burning, which now deals approximately double the damage of before).
    Burning now lasts 4 seconds and ticks every 2 seconds, previously lasting 3 seconds and ticking every 1.5 seconds. The total damage ticks remain unchanged.
    Poisoned now deals its total damage over 6 seconds, down from 12 seconds.
    Concussion and Chilled’s secondary effects (Minor Vulnerability and Minor Maim) now last 4 seconds, down from 6 seconds and 5 seconds respectively.

• Mackin365
    Mackin365
    I cant wait for Red Dead to come out. Such BS that we spend our time and money on making a build+ Golding them out and then they go change them up making them irrelevant. I dont think the people with the sets are crying its the folks to lazy to put the work in to get them.

Instead of screwing the peeps out of the time and money ESO creative team could have certainly just made new gear sets that counteracts the top PVP gear and that would give the player the choice high damage or sustain. i.e. Facilla Guil the gear is there for you to where already and it would nerf my Vipor, Red Mountain, Selena attacks and you would probably wreck me.

I have 2 of every character mag and stam. Since the beginning, this game caters to mag players at every chance they get. A stam character doesn't get to sheild stack and spam harness magic all they have is the burst and damage potential. I dont think the changes are needed. I get wrecked by a stam nightblade and sorc closed to as much as I do a mag templar or sorc. I re-spawn and head back out looking for revenge. I dont look to the game makers for help, or go to the forums crying about builds being OP beging for changes.

I am done grinding and golding out sets this is BS. Got a bank full of Gold items that I dont even want to where anymore.

Edited by Mackin365 on July 27, 2017 7:22PM
  • Danse_Mayhem
    Danse_Mayhem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool patch notes! But can the following things please be looked at?

Werewolf is very rare to see at the the moment because of how awful it is... Perhaps a balance change there?

Soul siphon - Magicka Nightblade ultimate that is never used... Can the cost of this be halved to fall in line with the Templar and warden healing ultimates? Or perhaps change this to something else entirely?

Malefic wrath / Prolonged suffering on the Nightblade skill tree basically do the same thing and seem very lazy morph choices compared to the likes of fossilise or rune cage, perhaps a look at this?

Magicka Nightblades in general. I don't think they need straight up buffing because it's a fragile class that can become very easily broken...It's PVE state is fine, but it's rare to see them in pvp because most have straight up given up on the class... The only effective way to play these is ranged, of which all of their attacks fall under protections - Which can be reflected by a number of things, especially that Templar / guard bubble that can no longer be broken from. It's too easy to counter the whole class with one ability. Melee Magicka Nightblades are not effective in pvp as they have the lowest survivability for a close ranged Magicka class in pvp so they die very fast, and with stealth being so expensive, it's not viable to be constantly using that. I don't have an easy answer here but the class is seriously dead in pvp :/

Please let us critically hit shields... Sorcerors are so strong at the moment and can withstand more damage than your average healer / tank because of how fast shields can be applied. Maybe even give shields a base resistance to compensate? As it stands, precise weapons, thief/shadow mundus and basically all exit builds are totally useless against sorcs which is a terrible waste of game mechanics.

Vampire drain... Maybe one morph of this could deal extra damage against low targets? It wouldn't be as strong as class ultimates but it would give DKs something, and make it more attractive to use...

As a Magicka Nightblade, soul assault is one of my go to ultimates to stay competitive in pvp... But it is too strong when compared to the bow ultimate, this needs to be able to be bashed for sure.

Please consider these changes. I know many are crying about DKs now but look at the way barely anyone is talking about Magblades, it's not because they are fine, it's because they are so bad that people gave up.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!

YouTube.com/DarkProjectMayhem
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭

Please let us critically hit shields... Sorcerors are so strong at the moment and can withstand more damage than your average healer / tank because of how fast shields can be applied. Maybe even give shields a base resistance to compensate? As it stands, precise weapons, thief/shadow mundus and basically all exit builds are totally useless against sorcs which is a terrible waste of game mechanics.

If I understand him correctly, he think that shield which can be easily broken by healer/tank is good decision?
    I dont even know how react on this without risk of permaban on forum

Edited by Morvane on July 28, 2017 7:33AM
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Danse_Mayhem
    Danse_Mayhem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not easily at all against any shield user with half a brain. I'm not saying nerf the duration or strength of shields, I just think it's an awful waste of critical hit mechanics that they just plain don't work against shields. Builds that block cast everything basically negate any kind of criticism build so ATM a build based around that is borderline pointless in pvp. Perhaps give shields a resistance of like 5-6k so they aren't burned down ultra fast? I dunno tbh I'm not someone who works with balancing games, just throwing the idea out there as more and more sorcs seem to just be invincible ATM.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not easily at all against any shield user with half a brain. I'm not saying nerf the duration or strength of shields, I just think it's an awful waste of critical hit mechanics that they just plain don't work against shields. Builds that block cast everything basically negate any kind of criticism build so ATM a build based around that is borderline pointless in pvp. Perhaps give shields a resistance of like 5-6k so they aren't burned down ultra fast? I dunno tbh I'm not someone who works with balancing games, just throwing the idea out there as more and more sorcs seem to just be invincible ATM.

5k resistance is nothing. Literally nothing with the amount of penetration in pvp.

You can't crit against a dodged attack either; you can crit against block but it still mitigates a lot. If you could crit shields, shouldn't crit ignore dodge? Not being able to crit against shields is in line with other primary defensive mechanics.

If damage can crit against shields, then shields themselves should be able to crit. Do you really want sorcs in light armor with 50% crit to have half their shields crit? For a shield stacker you are basically guaranteeing 100% uptime on even larger shields.

• Danse_Mayhem
    Danse_Mayhem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then give it 10k, 20k or whatever resistances lol. Crit mechanics in pvp are way more important than resistances imo. I don't know about Xbox or PC but literally everyone on PS4 eu is on fresh sorcs right now because of how OP they are and there's barely any other builds around in cyrodil. I think being able to crit shields is one of the only ways to fix that class without screwing over PVE.

• Quesant
    Quesant
    Soul Shriven

[*]The Serpent: Increased Stamina Recovery to 238 from 167.

wut? you mean from 198 to 238? on live it says 198 without any divines

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-combat pet names now more accurately reflect the creature’s name.

How did I miss this :o
    Time to actually think of names or is this something else?
    Edited by Tasear on August 1, 2017 6:29PM
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard crafted sets are getting buffed? Where in the patch notes is that referenced does anyone know?
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    So no buff to constition nor black rose. Funny seeing you guys trying to balance things whereas black rose nerfed bavk to oblivion by you.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard crafted sets are getting buffed? Where in the patch notes is that referenced does anyone know?

there was no specific general buff to crafted sets but ALL sets got increases for many 2-3-4pc bonuses.

other than that the changes are listed with all the other sets.

What you may have heard or misheard was that some of these 2-3-4pc changes make some already strong crafted sets like julianos even better than before at certain roles.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vy9aoadr0wsh.jpg

is1e9g6zxifv.png
    General
    • Adjusted Elemental status effects, such as Burning or Concussion, so they now scale with your Max Magicka or Max Stamina, in addition to your Spell Damage or Weapon Damage. Their damage has also been adjusted due to this new scaling and should remain relatively unchanged (with an exception to Burning, which now deals approximately double the damage of before).
      • Burning now lasts 4 seconds and ticks every 2 seconds, previously lasting 3 seconds and ticking every 1.5 seconds. The total damage ticks remain unchanged.
      • Poisoned now deals its total damage over 6 seconds, down from 12 seconds.
      • Concussion and Chilled’s secondary effects (Minor Vulnerability and Minor Maim) now last 4 seconds, down from 6 seconds and 5 seconds respectively.
    • Summoned pets from abilities and Item Sets now move 10% faster.
    • Dodge rolling now grants immunity to immobilizations when it is used while you are silenced.

I don't know specifically how he calculated that even after looking at that, but real world test, on live right now for my templar with both infused and nirnhoned staves, shows an increase in skill tooltip damage of over 5% while sharpened at 2752 is 4.17 times 660, which is 1% damage reduction times 4.17 equals 4.17%. That ends up changing it from 50% reduction at armor cap to 45.83% reduction.
    Taking my Dark Flare numbers above that show without nirnhoned 9729. That would be increasing from 4864.5 damage at 50% reduction to 5270.2 at 45.85%. That's 405.7 difference or 8.34% versus no debuff on the 50% reduction
    So lets try 25% armor/resistance. That would be 7296.75 before sharpened and 7702.45 after sharpened. That is still 405.7 difference and 5.56% increase versus 25% reduction.
    It seems the difference is always, on that skill, 405.7 damage increase versus armor because of sharpened.

Nirnhoned is 495 increased spell damage, but that's before damage reduction. 405.7 / 495 = 81.9 or about 18% reduction. But for above 50%, 495 would be reduced by half to 247.5. Subtract that from 405.7 to get a difference of 160. So to find the equal point above 50% reduction that takes enough effect away from sharpened to make them equal again you would take 160 / 405.7 = 0.3943 which means sharpened is reduced by 1- 0.3943 = 60.57% * 4.17 = 2.525% reduction lost or 52.525% damage reduction. Nirnhoned is not affected by anything above 50%.

Now my brain hurts from reverse engineering equations.
    So I guess you're mostly right when you really dig into it. Sharpened is good for enemies with armor/resistance between about 18% and 52.53%. Nirnhoned is better below and above that, if my calculations are correct.

I learned something today, but I still wouldn't choose sharpened without knowing the exact armor level of the enemy I'm going against.