The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.0

• Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    So they nerfed the stam dk more..
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    "While we are happy with the current damage values of these Item Sets, having them deliver that damage in unavoidable bursts has led to an unsatisfying PvP experience"

Why are you nerfing sets like Ilambris which are purely PvE and NOBODY complained about them? It's not a PvP set! Why (again!) PvE playerbase is getting nerfed because of PvP?

Because, as they said, they're trying to encourage more build diversity. This is not actually a bad thing.

I'm pleasantly surprised I must say. I'm sure half of these things won't work as intended and the other half will break 2466218 totally unrelated things when implemented of course(I mean it won't be ZOS if it doesn't) but at least on paper this actually seems like some pretty sensible changes that might really change the game for the better. Good job, now try to actually shoot at least some of the 2466218 bugs on PTS and not live please ;)

I'm also loving a lot of the QoL stuff up there, that's some good stuff, keep it coming please.

Also more IC and CoA 2 nerfs? Oh c'mon guys...AND SotH nerfs? Reach dungeons better provide one heck of a challenge to compensate for this.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened trait nerfed by nearly a half, still no token system, what about all these people who farmed like crazy their sharpened weapons ZOS? Why are you spit on your players once again? I'm done.

Bye!
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the direction of these changes. I will be doing tests with all the proc sets.

Though I have already tested prosperous, I find it very underwhelming. If you really want this to be a viable trait, I think it needs to be a little higher, say at least 25, probably even higher. Or you could do a percent. 0.5% per quality, so max would be 2.5%. Moral of the story, as it stands I would still never use this trait. But I like where you are going with this.
    Edited by kookster on July 10, 2017 9:56PM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those wondering what's the new BiS for PvE stamina on your DW bar:
    • Infused main hand (was already the case)
    • Precise offhand (Nirnhoned doesn't get its full benefit and Sharpened is outperformed by precise)

Only thing left to try out is the trait on the vMA bow, since penetration from Sharpened carries over, depending on rotation / time spent on offbar and few extra factors.

Not changing the Shadow mundus makes little sense if you nerf the Thief when it was already providing a lower multiplier than the Shadow. I can read from here complaints that "all stamina DDs in PvE are using the Shadow now, no diversity QQ".

You can leave the Combustion passive as is, thank you very much.

It's a wonder the vMA bow / Endless Hail were left as is. I will say no more than that.

Proc sets changes are good, except - as mentioned previously by other people - for Selene, unless you deem balanced to have a set hitting for almost 10k on heavy armor builds in non CP.

Twice Born star will most likely not see a comeback in PvE. #PartyPooper

Sets with critical bonuses need to be reevaluted by the PTS testers - Leviathan / MS in mind. We'll soo how they compare to some of the more popular options out there. That being said, most of the popular magicka sets have very few crit bonuses as opposed to stamina ones (TFS has one, Hundings and NMG have 2, etc), which - I suspect - will end up buffing stamina in trials.

The Oblivion enchant is currently a proc set on its own, and with the nerf to Sharpened, a bug fix on Infused, a BUFF to infused on top of it - prepare to get Oblivion'd to death in PvP.

Overall, a lot of good changes. I will definitely do additional testing and theorycrafting on the PTS.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're nerfing sharpened?

Let me get this straight. People are already upset with RNG, and PLEADING for a token system for loot. Your game is on the brink of failure. You're losing streamers. You're losing players. One of the few things that's keeping people around at this point is their time invested. Destiny 2 is about to come out.

Then you nerf a BiS trait (sharpened) by 50%? A trait that's been BiS for several, several, several patches now. A trait that was VERY EARLY ON recognized as a bit overpowered (thanks to @Asayre ) by nearly 4 times comparatively.

Then you let everyone farm their gear, and just nerf it over a year later?

This is not a threat, and I really don't care if its perceived as dramatic, but if you nerf sharpened by 50% I'm quitting your game and giving you zero dollars lol. I'm not going to refarm all my gear for BiS in a game where min/maxing is a major aspect of the game.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    Malthorne wrote: »
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    Why the constant bombardment of nerfs against the mDK???

Zenimax, the mDK has been the most beaten down class since imperial city, if anything you NEED to seriously retweak this class in so many areas, have you ever actually played a light build?

Seriously, this is getting way out of control, reflective fire scales is bugged, once casted you still do not reflect (sometimes) any projectiles, since you messed with this ability in IC update.

You REALLY need to buff this class or at least rework this class, it is not even competitive in cyrodiil. Go vampire, heavy, mist form and whip, mist and wipe and use ulti...how is this a "pressure" build??

It is bad enough that 90% of the projectiles can not be reflected anymore, seriously buff this class already, its just unacceptable.

ZOS doesn't care about mDK. We're the Charlie Browns of ESO

Magicka DK is fine. 5 Impregnable 5 Desert Rose 2 Skoria, you're welcome.

Topic: *** amazing patchnotes <3

Hooray for YouTube builds amiright?

mDK is so fine ... mine has the finest beard you ever seen. But seriously Cyrodiil is loaded with mDK. That's how fine they are lol

whats a youtube build? Remember nobody plays DK

Am I being reminded me of something I never said or implied? If no one played mDK then there would be no one to advocate for them. People are still scared from June 2014. Play most any other class/spec and then log onto a mDK. The difference is night and day in an open world setting.
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »
    This is not a threat

>Proceeds to threaten
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... what's everyone think of putting all the combat-related things in its own section and calling out balance-specific changes? I agonized for days over how to format it.

It's good.
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    I'm testing on PTS. I don't think you'll ever see Viper or Widowmaker in PvP again. Widow pops in front of you and has a 5m radius; useless for ranged and super easily avoidable in melee. Selene seems to be the same to me. I bet we will still not see the animation if it procs from stealth. Veli is non-issue as well... you get a green gas around you before it procs; probably will never notice it even w/ the reduction in spell FX.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirn wil be BIS now...im calling it XD. Too bad no weapons that matter come in nirn.
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why nerfing Sharpened that much? It sucks.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great changes to Mundus stones and Traits. I'm really looking forward to this patch! <3
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Making HUGE changes to traits and not giving for people ability to change them (specially on BiS BoP gear) is scandalous.

Yeah.. I expected at least that option to upgrade or change traits. No info on trasmog and spellcrafting yet.

Spell crafting isn't gunna happen. they confirmed its dead.

Let me get this straight. People are already upset with RNG, and PLEADING for a token system for loot. Your game is on the brink of failure. You're losing streamers. You're losing players. One of the few things that's keeping people around at this point is their time invested. Destiny 2 is about to come out.

Then you nerf a BiS trait (sharpened) by 50%? A trait that's been BiS for several, several, several patches now. A trait that was VERY EARLY ON recognized as a bit overpowered (thanks to @Asayre ) by nearly 4 times comparatively.

This is not a threat, and I really don't care if its perceived as dramatic, but if you nerf sharpened by 50% I'm quitting your game and giving you zero dollars lol. I'm not going to refarm all my gear for BiS in a game where min/maxing is a major aspect of the game.

CYA
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyebrows raised, finally a patch I can get behind.

Let's see how it looks on the PTS now..
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Zurxii
    Zurxii
    ✭✭
    PrOc sEtSfsauymp2tw8v.png
    ~Out2Kill
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great, I have hope.
    One note on Selene: This is exactly the one monster set that needs a heavy dmg nerf. Please reconsider.
    Depends how early the telegraph is. You may see a red circle before the bear even appears now.
    Yuke wrote: »
    Selene is still a joke and has to be changed ... like alot.

If they made it like the telegraph for the Selene boss fight, it'll be stupid easy to dodge unless you're cc'd or not paying attention. I like that change. Balances PvP while not affecting PvE.
    olsborg wrote: »
    With all the other changes i dare say the most hated proccset in the game (viper) got buffed slightly. Ffs reduce the damage by a fair amount.

It's a DoT now, which means it can be purged. There's your damage reduction.

• Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are mad because you have been deconstructing non-sharpened weapons. you should have been putting them in the bank. buffs and nerfs come and go. its the nature of the MMO beast.
  • Tawrich
    Tawrich
    ✭✭✭
    Fully in support of the trait changes. One trait SHOULD NOT be the best in slot for 99% of the builds in a game which has so much potential for theory crafting and playstyle diversity.

Thanks, looking forward to see the changes on live server!
    Edited by Tawrich on July 10, 2017 10:10PM
  • mr_runaway_666b16_ESO
    Really good changes, people are worried that the sharpened gear they grinded will no longer be BIS but there will be 3-4 viable options and you will be able to find them quicker.

Think about when they eventually raise the cap and all your gear is junk, then when you are finding gear you will have actual options when vMA doesn't give you that sharpened weapon.

Only thing I would like to see, unless i missed it, would be to remove useless drops like bow of worm cult or restoration staff of viper. stamina weapons in magicka sets and visa versa.
    Beardeddraggonborn Stam Templar
    Beardeddragonborn mag DK shelved
    Beardie Stam NB
    Eve Bearegard Mag Sorc

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domihaus (Monster)
    (1) Max Stamina
    (1) Max Magicka
    (2) When you deal damage, you have a 15% chance to create either a ring of fire or a ring of molten earth around you for 10 seconds, which deals 1,000 Flame Damage or 1,000 Physical Damage every 1 second. Standing within the ring grants you 200 Spell Damage or 200 Weapon Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Will both procs be random or based on character higher stats ? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Juhasow on July 10, 2017 10:23PM
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »
    Sharpened trait nerfed by nearly a half, still no token system, what about all these people who farmed like crazy their sharpened weapons ZOS? Why are you spit on your players once again? I'm done.

I have to agree here. 110% After thr months of farming.. MONTHS.

Otherwise I actually like alot of these changes, certain builds got much stronger this patch. ..and I actually asked for that change to prosperous.
    Agreed. There are a lot of good changes but that sharpened trait nerf...
    angry-desk-flip.png

Anyway, good changes overall so good job ZOS!

I guess it's a good thing I use precise trait on my weapons...
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... what's everyone think of putting all the combat-related things in its own section and calling out balance-specific changes? I agonized for days over how to format it.

This was SUPER helpful, thank you!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Marcomazzo
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom try to imagine a stam dk or a stamina templar dueling a magsorc with mines, the new shadowrend and atronach...dont know what to say stam dks and templars keep getting nerfed
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I have your stuff???

• Tyreal1974
    Tyreal1974
    ✭✭✭✭

I am more surprised ZOS took so long to do something about this trait TBH. ZOS had to know how essential the sharpened trait was perceived to be by the community to be competitive, to the effect of have sharpened or go home. A blind person had to see that an significant adjustment would be coming down the pipe. BTW, can I have your gold and non-bound stuff if your leaving?
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Domihaus set looks very underwhelming. Also, i can't see any PvE Warden buffs which is very disheartening....

Other than that, I like the patch notes.

Hopefully the set works so that Magic Dmg procs only the Spell buff and Physical Damage procs only the Weapon buff.
    Edited by Draqone on July 10, 2017 10:33PM
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts:

1. Finally Lover will penetrate Lady ;)
    2. New sets sounds fun!
    3. Traits and Mundus stones are rebalanced! Don't care about stones that much, since we can freely change them, but new traits possibly means less of the loot is useless, which is good. At the same time, I'm concerned that all those BiS divines and sharpened are no longer BiS...
    4. Procs are nerfed! Replacing single hits with dots and delayed explosions sounds like a good idea. At the same time - why rebalance PvE sets that nobody complained about? Guess, the loss there will be made up for by new set bonuses.
    5. Nerien'eth is back! :) Which means....
    6. Magicka NB is screwed again :( Using Strife means we either wear old sets (that are nerfed) or proc Nerien'eth 3 times less often than those who use Force Pulse. And with new sustain and all those dots mNB can't really afford to spam FP. Besides, it would make them a weaker sorc with no shields/heals to survive once again, at least strife healed us and help with survival.
    7. Moving chests and sacks away from the places where groups split is great! Thanks
    8. Some new telvar stuff that seems valuable - can help IC. Nice.
    9. Nerfing ICP and WGT... WHY?

Can't wait to see new dungeons and all the new sets used by others :D Can't wait to see what theorycrafters and minmaxers come up with - don't have time to do calculations myself - and hope that magicka NB won't end up at the bottom again, really concerned about that one.

Looking forward to this Update :)
  • Undoctrinated
    Undoctrinated
    ✭✭
    Can we expect a fix for players auto-rezzing in place when inside any imperial city districts? It's a little hard taking flags from unnecessarily large groups when they just pop right back up. It's getting reaaaaaally old here on Xbox.
    XBOX One - North America
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "While we are happy with the current damage values of these Item Sets, having them deliver that damage in unavoidable bursts has led to an unsatisfying PvP experience"

Why are you nerfing sets like Ilambris which are purely PvE and NOBODY complained about them? It's not a PvP set! Why (again!) PvE playerbase is getting nerfed because of PvP?

Because nobody ever complains about PVE gear regardless of how balanced it is because players don't have a problem with something being OP as long as someone else isn't killing them with it lol.