The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'd like to see Transmogrification of armor styles be tel var based.

• joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO!

Restyle System for dropped and crafted gears is all we need!

ESO needs to have a unique transmog system.

Restyle System!

End of story.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    The problem with this is that you're locking what should be core functionality behind a DLC paywall

This is my biggest gripe with battlegrounds and Morrowind.

How is it "behind a paywall" if you can buy it from traders?

Half the naysayers in this thread are arguing by assertion. Literally just repeating "paywall", "forced PVP", "gank carebears" in an effort to create enough confirmation bias amongst forumites that the devs assume this is actually a bad idea.

No one cries about the IC monopoly and forced PVP you have to do to buy Hakeijo. But now it's a problem?

LMAO.

I have about 50 Hakaijo left from raiding IC. I just think it's a bad idea to use crafting, as OP suggests, to attempt to bring life into an empty failed Zone. Would be better to see real change in IC though I doubt Zos will spend the time ans creative effort to bring change. Not that I have any ideas.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with this is that you're locking what should be core functionality behind a DLC paywall

Half the naysayers in this thread are arguing by assertion. Literally just repeating "paywall", "forced PVP", "gank carebears" in an effort to create enough confirmation bias amongst forumites that the devs assume this is actually a bad idea.

No one cries about the IC monopoly and forced PVP you have to do to buy Hakeijo. But now it's a problem?

LMAO.

I have about 50 Hakaijo left from raiding IC. I just think it's a bad idea to use crafting, as OP suggests, to attempt to bring life into an empty failed Zone. Would be better to see real change in IC though I doubt Zos will spend the time ans creative effort to bring change. Not that I have any ideas.

Here are my old ones:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/265284/kenas-take-on-imperial-city-pvp-objectives-a-guide-for-zos-with-pitchurs-3/p1
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    [...]I haven't ganked since One Tamriel, even then only for a short period, and I have no intention of ganking again. I also don't bomb anymore. Don't try to project bias onto me. I don't want to fight easy prey. I want quality PvPers to have a reason to return to IC, and I'm not alone.[...]

Fair enough, but you're the minority. And an essential feature like transmog shouldn't be exclusive to something so blatantly biased as IC. That DLC is deserted for a reason, and you know exactly what that is. Once the Tel Var system gets overhauled, we could consider it again.

Why do you think the tel var system needs an overhaul? What would you change about it?

Honestly?
    I hate ganking. And I'm not alone. Ask Dark Souls 3 invaders. Ask The Division darkness zone survivors. It's a very one-sided experience. I would remove that aspect.

How is a bit much to determine for now. Maybe increase the value of controlled districts. Make it three flags and you need two. Something that forces you to keep dominance over your district by defeating enemy players. Then remove Tel Var loss upon death by player. Yup. Make it a game of control rather than instant gankprocs.
  • Faylis
    Faylis
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see crafters play a major hand in the utilization of this type of system, Even for bound items.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [...]I haven't ganked since One Tamriel, even then only for a short period, and I have no intention of ganking again. I also don't bomb anymore. Don't try to project bias onto me. I don't want to fight easy prey. I want quality PvPers to have a reason to return to IC, and I'm not alone.[...]

Fair enough, but you're the minority. And an essential feature like transmog shouldn't be exclusive to something so blatantly biased as IC. That DLC is deserted for a reason, and you know exactly what that is. Once the Tel Var system gets overhauled, we could consider it again.

Why do you think the tel var system needs an overhaul? What would you change about it?

Honestly?
    I hate ganking. And I'm not alone. Ask Dark Souls 3 invaders. Ask The Division darkness zone survivors. It's a very one-sided experience. I would remove that aspect.

How is a bit much to determine for now. Maybe increase the value of controlled districts. Make it three flags and you need two. Something that forces you to keep dominance over your district by defeating enemy players. Then remove Tel Var loss upon death by player. Yup. Make it a game of control rather than instant gankprocs.

Sounds like you should be advocating nerfing stealth mechanics (which ZOS just did) or proc sets (which ZOS is talking about doing), not a risk-reward combat system which some people enjoy.

Or learning to build better or react better to ganks. Ive been running around with 22.1k health, 5-6 light, and no mitigation sets for over a month now, and I've had zero issues with gankers, even multiple jumping on me together. The crit damage from stealth nerf made a huge difference.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Honestly?

Sounds like you should be advocating nerfing stealth mechanics (which ZOS just did) or proc sets (which ZOS is talking about doing), not a risk-reward combat system which some people enjoy.

Or learning to build better or react better to ganks. Ive been running around with 22.1k health, 5-6 light, and no mitigation sets for over a month now, and I've had zero issues with gankers, even multiple jumping on me together. The crit damage from stealth nerf made a huge difference.

Yeah, I get it. I'm not on your level. Neither is 99.9% of all players. Guess what? That's why IC is so deserted. Because the majority of people doesn't want to get farmed. It's aggravating to lose your Tel Var you earned so hard to a single slip you made. So people go to Cyrodiil instead. Can't lose anything there. Hence my suggestion to remove that toxic Tel Var mechanic.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly?

The thing that irks me about ganking in IC the most is the fact there is no consequences for a failed gank. People who like IC always mention how deaths in there mean something and are not just a free port back to base but it does not apply to gankers.

I've already seen the idea mentioned in the thread and I still believe this is one of the best ways to solve a lot of IC issues. Make it so you can only loot as many Tel Var as you carry. This way dying well be meaningful for everyone in IC. Want to be safe, gank from a corner and loose no Tel Var? Enjoy those 100 you get from your kill. Want to have a bigger reward? Go in with 5000 stones on you but if your gank fails you are not just porting back in 30 seconds but also loose a chunk of your Tel Var.
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Honestly?

Yeah, I get it. I'm not on your level. Neither is 99.9% of all players. Guess what? That's why IC is so deserted. Because the majority of people doesn't want to get farmed. It's aggravating to lose your Tel Var you earned so hard to a single slip you made. So people go to Cyrodiil instead. Can't lose anything there. Hence my suggestion to remove that toxic Tel Var mechanic.

Yeah only reason I dislike IC. That one mistake and welp lost tel-var. As well for fact time frame to farm tel-var with gankers and small groups rolling.
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Honestly?

The thing that irks me about ganking in IC the most is the fact there is no consequences for a failed gank. People who like IC always mention how deaths in there mean something and are not just a free port back to base but it does not apply to gankers.

I've already seen the idea mentioned in the thread and I still believe this is one of the best ways to solve a lot of IC issues. Make it so you can only loot as many Tel Var as you carry. This way dying well be meaningful for everyone in IC. Want to be safe, gank from a corner and loose no Tel Var? Enjoy those 100 you get from your kill. Want to have a bigger reward? Go in with 5000 stones on you but if your gank fails you are not just porting back in 30 seconds but also loose a chunk of your Tel Var.

Gankers go by the maxime of: Risk is for others. Thats why they are gankers.

This thread is naive. Some people think if only they argue hard enough we are obligated to find value in their sewer thug life and help support it. Could i be more disappointed.
    Edited by Demycilian on June 26, 2017 10:24PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Honestly?

Yeah only reason I dislike IC. That one mistake and welp lost tel-var. As well for fact time frame to farm tel-var with gankers and small groups rolling.

Exactly. You just get fed up with that game mode instead of having fun. To this date, I've never seen more salt than in IC.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LMAO.

Here are my old ones:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/265284/kenas-take-on-imperial-city-pvp-objectives-a-guide-for-zos-with-pitchurs-3/p1

Not sure why you are sending me to Kena's thread, but IC needs a reason for people to be there for ICs sake, not for something that has nothing to do with IC.

I think part of the issue is IC really has no real PvP objectives other than capture the flag so one can get more tel var. Yes, Tel Var is great but more objectives to draw players down there and maybe more options to spend it though alchemy matts are probably the biggest, or one of the biggest, uses for Tel var now.

Cyrodiil has more options, more PvP related quests, more goals one can set in both rank and leaderboards plus the Emporer title. Even if someone does not have the time to farm AP many enjoy the action helping someone get emporer. There are more options for spending AP also, more gear, some mildly half way decent pots, motifs and items to siege.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Tel Var system needs an overhaul, leave Transmog out of it.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Honestly?

100% agree

Honestly?

Or travel in a group. Or practice and get better. Or improve your build so you're more survivable. Or play a more mobile class so you can escape. There's nothing preventing you from solving your problem yourself.

But if you don't want to, there are plenty of people who do, and who want something to fight over in IC.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kena, obviously those guys are roaming the ghost town that is IC. There's how many people actually want it. Not many. And now you wanna force IC with all its questionable mechanics onto the other players just so the few elitists in there can have their prey.

The answer is no. Get real, man.

I got a better idea.
    You know the people that like to role-play and explore? How about transmog would be locked behind you collecting flowers in the provinces for hours? Finishing all the lovely sidequests? Fishing all the rare fish? You wouldn't like that, would you? Then don't try to make people swallow your twisted kind of enjoyment just because it's pleasing to you.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or travel in a group. Or practice and get better. Or improve your build so you're more survivable. Or play a more mobile class so you can escape. There's nothing preventing you from solving your problem yourself.
    Or none of the above. You simply refuse to understand that the majority of people have no interest in PvP and deeply resent being forced to engage with it in any form.

Ordinarily I try to live and let live, and so I simply ignore PvP except when it impinges on my gaming, but people like you make me actively want it gone from the game for good.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kena, obviously those guys are roaming the ghost town that is IC. There's how many people actually want it. Not many. And now you wanna force IC with all its questionable mechanics onto the other players just so the few elitists in there can have their prey.

I got a better idea.
    You know the people that like to role-play and explore? How about transmog would be locked behind you collecting flowers in the provinces for hours? Finishing all the lovely sidequests? Fishing all the rare fish? You wouldn't like that, would you? Then don't try to make people swallow your twisted kind of enjoyment just because it's pleasing to you.

Actually, I wouldn't care because I would purchase the items on guild stores, like I do all of my other mats right now since I don't farm. IC needs to be revitalized, and not everything belongs in PvE simply because PvE is more popular. That's my point. I fully expected biased anti-PvP players to troll the thread, though. I'm k with that. :) I anticipated all of your arguments, and we've picked them apart with logic. As usual, though, logic only goes so far against an emotional and irrational party.

And I've said many times that I don't want people who dislike PvP to come to IC if they don't choose to. I want to give actual PvPers a reason to return there. Many PvPers miss the days when IC had meaningful content for them to fight over (crafting mats before they were moved into other zones). Stop putting words in my mouth and ignoring that fact.

Or none of the above. You simply refuse to understand that the majority of people have no interest in PvP and deeply resent being forced to engage with it in any form.

Ordinarily I try to live and let live, and so I simply ignore PvP except when it impinges on my gaming, but people like you make me actively want it gone from the game for good.

You conveniently leave my last statement out of your quote because it debunks your point. Even if transmog were implemented in IC, you'd be under no obligation to go play in IC. You sound entitled.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on June 27, 2017 5:55AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You conveniently leave my last statement out of your quote because it debunks your point. Even if transmog were implemented in IC, you'd be under no obligation to go play in IC. You seem to play under some degree of entitlement that you simply don't have.
    No, you are conveniently ignoring the fact that, as has been pointed out to you multiple times, there should be no link between transmogrification and IC. Expecting crafters to rely on a handful of players being prepared to brave IC is not an equitable system and your obsession with it has become obnoxious. I'm not entitled, I'm just part of the majority who want nothing to do with your brain damaged idea.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You conveniently leave my last statement out of your quote because it debunks your point. Even if transmog were implemented in IC, you'd be under no obligation to go play in IC. You seem to play under some degree of entitlement that you simply don't have.
    No, you are conveniently ignoring the fact that, as has been pointed out to you multiple times, there should be no link between transmogrification and IC. Expecting crafters to rely on a handful of players being prepared to brave IC is not an equitable system and your obsession with it has become obnoxious. I'm not entitled, I'm just part of the majority who want nothing to do with your brain damaged idea.

That is an opinion.

You may make an argument to support yours, but you may not offhandedly dismiss ours without a stronger argument. Up to this point, no one has made an argument against implementing transmog in IC other than "I don't want to go there," which holds no water as long as the tokens can be sold. Meanwhile, we've detailed why a commodity like transmogrification could bring new and (crucially) long-lasting activity to IC.

And you already rely on us to brave IC for your hakeijos. Those are bis on tanks, are they not? What's different?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an opinion.
    No, that there should be no link between transmogrification and IC has been pointed out to you multiple times is a fact.
    You may make an argument to support yours, but you may not offhandedly dismiss ours without a stronger argument. Up to this point, no one has made an argument against implementing transmog in IC other than "I don't want to go there," which holds no water as long as the tokens can be sold.
    I'm sure there's a lawyer somewhere who would agree with you that because something can be sold it is by definition accessible. There is always someone wiling to twist the language beyond recognition. But it's a bad idea that ignores the vast majority of crafters who just want to get on with their game, without having to be put through ridiculous hoops to get "transmog stones" just to satisfy a handful of obnoxious PvPers who mistakenly think it would revive a dead zone that almost nobody wants anything to do with.
    Meanwhile, we've detailed why a commodity like transmogrification could bring new and (crucially) long-lasting activity to IC.
    Every argument you've put up about how it would increase activity in IC has been shredded.
    And you already rely on us to brave IC for your hakeijos. Those are bis on tanks, are they not? What's different?
    Hakeijos are not different. It should never have been implemented like that and now that ZoS has the benefit of hindsight, if they have any sense they won't make the same mistake again.
    PC NA, PC EU

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this salt and no one was even t-bagged. Here is the whole underlying points of this thread (that maybe even the OP forgot in the course of this):

Transmogrification should be openly and freely available to all players.
    IC is in desperate need of attention.

The OP just took the opportunity to discuss the latter while disguised as a suggestion about the former which we all fear and expect at some level: that ZOS will gate this coveted feature behind an arbitrary wall that any one of us might not be willing to climb. Let's face it. No one expects ZOS to just give us trasmog, and we are all just trying to pass the time till when they finally tell us more about how they choose to give it too us.

But still, IC needs some love in this world of Tamriel. Let's take a look-see over at the poor players who want something to be done for it as they will inevitably be neglected for many months more. You can't fix a problem until you acknowledge the problem.
    Edited by WhiteMage on June 27, 2017 8:23AM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is an opinion.
    No, that there should be no link between transmogrification and IC has been pointed out to you multiple times is a fact.
    You may make an argument to support yours, but you may not offhandedly dismiss ours without a stronger argument. Up to this point, no one has made an argument against implementing transmog in IC other than "I don't want to go there," which holds no water as long as the tokens can be sold.
    I'm sure there's a lawyer somewhere who would agree with you that because something can be sold it is by definition accessible. There is always someone wiling to twist the language beyond recognition. But it's a bad idea that ignores the vast majority of crafters who just want to get on with their game, without having to be put through ridiculous hoops to get "transmog stones" just to satisfy a handful of obnoxious PvPers who mistakenly think it would revive a dead zone that almost nobody wants anything to do with.
    Meanwhile, we've detailed why a commodity like transmogrification could bring new and (crucially) long-lasting activity to IC.
    Every argument you've put up about how it would increase activity in IC has been shredded.
    Hakeijos are not different. It should never have been implemented like that and now that ZoS has the benefit of hindsight, if they have any sense they won't make the same mistake again.

K you just don't like PvP and want it out of the game. :sleepy: Not sure if this will remain a rational discussion for much longer.

Just because you say something is a fact does not make it a fact. Sorry.

People purchase things at real life stores and guild stores all the time. I hardly think that constitutes "being put through ridiculous hoops," but whatever. If anything, it's more realistic and immersive to not be entirely self-sufficient, and need to buy some things from other players. Why are you so averse to purchasing items from other players? Do you not sell things to other players?

Why do you think IC is permanently dead and unsalvageable?

I've been following the thread, and so far the anti-PvP crowd has repeated the same mantra -- "we don't like PvP, therefore transmog shouldn't be related to PvP zones." You've not actually made a sound argument yet as to why transmogrification tokens or mats would be unfit as a tool for bringing activity back to IC.

Many people like IC. You are out of touch with PvPers if you think otherwise. Most PvPers don't go there because 1) it lacks goals worth working towards, like campaign objectives, and 2) PvPing there doesn't yield attractive monetary or gear rewards. At the moment, only farming bosses and avoiding PvP does, and you can farm elsewhere without the risk of dying and losing your gains.

You still need to explain why sourcing hakeijos from IC is unhealthy. Like I said before, just saying something does not make it fact. It is your opinion, so support it. Right now, hakeijos are the only reward keeping PvPers remotely interested in IC, even with the game's low demand.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    All this salt and no one was even t-bagged. Here is the whole underlying points of this thread (that maybe even the OP forgot in the course of this):

The OP just took the opportunity to discuss the latter while disguised as a suggestion about the former which we all fear and expect at some level: that ZOS will gate this coveted feature behind an arbitrary wall that any one of us might not be willing to climb. Let's face it. No one expects ZOS to just give us trasmog, and we are all just trying to pass the time till when they finally tell us more about how they choose to give it too us.

But still, IC needs some love in this world of Tamriel. Let's take a look-see over at the poor players who want something to be done for it as they will inevitably be neglected for many months more. You can't fix a problem until you acknowledge the problem.

Nope, didn't forget. Just amusing myself with the haters. Indeed this thread is my way of shedding some limelight on IC by poking at a new and hotbutton topic. :trollface: I really don't care if transmog ends up in IC. Something needs to be done with IC though, and transmog would make a fitting tool by which to make some improvements.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »

Step 1: make IC accessible via a portal so players don't have to waste so much their lives trying to cross Cyrodiil without getting ganked. That simple, single step would be a huge step forward.

K you just don't like PvP and want it out of the game. :sleepy: Not sure if this will remain a rational discussion for much longer.
    What I actually said: Ordinarily I try to live and let live, and so I simply ignore PvP except when it impinges on my gaming, but people like you make me actively want it gone from the game for good.
    Just because you say something is a fact does not make it a fact. Sorry.
    What I said was a fact did in fact happen, therefore it is a fact.
    People purchase things at real life stores and guild stores all the time. I hardly think that constitutes "being put through ridiculous hoops," but whatever. If anything, it's more realistic and immersive to not be entirely self-sufficient, and need to buy some things from other players. Why are you so averse to purchasing items from other players? Do you not sell things to other players?
    I sell things but people should not be forced to change to a game mode they detest. And yes, that goes both ways, I've said that elsewhere so just don't go there.
    Why do you think IC is permanently dead and unsalvageable?
    Maybe it's not unsalvageable but it won't happen by predicating it on transmog. The only thing that would generate is a vast wave of fury.
    I've been following the thread, and so far the anti-PvP crowd has repeated the same mantra -- "we don't like PvP, therefore transmog shouldn't be related to PvP zones." You've not actually made a sound argument yet as to why transmogrification tokens or mats would be unfit as a tool for bringing activity back to IC.
    Resurrecting IC is a completely different question to how transmog should be implemented. We're not objecting to reviving IC per se, we're objecting to your mind bogglingly absurd suggestion that transmog be put behind the IC wall.
    Many people like IC. You are out of touch with PvPers if you think otherwise. Most PvPers don't go there because 1) it lacks goals worth working towards, like campaign objectives, and 2) PvPing there doesn't yield attractive monetary or gear rewards. At the moment, only farming bosses and avoiding PvP does, and you can farm elsewhere without the risk of dying and losing your gains.

You still need to explain why sourcing hakeijos from IC is unhealthy. Like I said before, just saying something does not make it fact. It is your opinion, so support it. Right now, hakeijos are the only reward keeping PvPers remotely interested in IC, even with the game's low demand.
    You're asking me to repeat arguments already made because you're trolling:
    [Nope, didn't forget. Just amusing myself with the haters. Indeed this thread is my way of shedding some limelight on IC by poking at a new and hotbutton topic. :trollface: I really don't care if transmog ends up in IC. Something needs to be done with IC though, and transmog would make a fitting tool by which to make some improvements.

PC NA, PC EU

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteMage

I'm perfectly happy to discuss IC as a thing and what we can do to fix the apparent relevence problem it has.

Holding Transmog as a ransom for it speaks poorly of the IC community, and IC as a whole. It's threatening to try to hold a feature hostage if you dont get what you want, which is greed. (And I say 'you ' as metaphorical, it's not ment to be pointed at anyone.)

So if you wanna have that conversation by all means, lets have it, in a seperate thread. This is just stupid.

Edited to remove the wrong quote. And I'm too lazy to rewrite it so there you go.

Edit 2: It's also worth noting that this massive push for new features to be held hostage repeatedly is -why- people hate PVP. Most of us are happy to leave people to their own devices. PVPers, never have been. It's allways 'nerf this!' or 'tie this into PVP!' You can only do it for so long before people -hate you-.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on June 27, 2017 1:15PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @WhiteMage

I'm perfectly happy to discuss IC as a thing and what we can do to fix the apparent relevence problem it has.

Holding Transmog as a ransom for it speaks poorly of the IC community, and IC as a whole. It's threatening to try to hold a feature hostage if you dont get what you want, which is greed. (And I say 'you ' as metaphorical, it's not ment to be pointed at anyone.)

So if you wanna have that conversation by all means, lets have it, in a seperate thread. This is just stupid.

Edited to remove the wrong quote. And I'm too lazy to rewrite it so there you go.

Edit 2: It's also worth noting that this massive push for new features to be held hostage repeatedly is -why- people hate PVP. Most of us are happy to leave people to their own devices. PVPers, never have been. It's allways 'nerf this!' or 'tie this into PVP!' You can only do it for so long before people -hate you-.

Are hakeijos, Akaviri motifs, or xivkyn polymorphs being held for ransom too? Why is being accessed in a PvP zone being "held for ransom?" Are PvPers not allowed to have nice things? We already have so little.

FYI we don't push to absorb new features "repeatedly," or "hold them hostage" as you say. In fact, we're rather used to being ignored and neglected by ZOS. We do call for nerfs constantly because this game's balance sucks and class and itemization imbalance disproportionately affect PvP. No one cares of proc sets are overperforming in vMA. Stam sorcs get high scores (was it SotH patch?), but your gameplay on other classes isn't impeded. When proc sets are op in PvP, you get one shot and literally don't get to play the game. Your comment is insensitive.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @TheRealPotoroo your comments aren't making sense.

You said that transmog shouldn't be tied to IC, and that that's a fact. I said it's actually your opinion, which you have failed to support. Then you say that it's a fact because it happened? I don't follow, and I don't think you do either.

No one would make you play in IC to get transmog items. Guild traders aren't located in IC.

We've already explained that transmog would make an ideal addition to IC because it will generate long-term market demand to drive player interest in playing there. Your fury is noted, but it doesn't change the market forces at work.

What is so special about transmog that makes placing it in IC so bad, exactly? Where is the outrage against other items being purchased in PvP zones? Your reaction seems hilariously one-sided.

Aaaand at the end of your last comment, you just avoid answering my question because I've poked holes in your arguments again. I'm not trolling. Transmog would make an excellent addition to IC because lots of players want it, and they will continue wanting it for a long time. Sure, ZOS could rework IC in other ways, but I'm pointing out in this thread that transmog meets the requirements for a feature that could breathe some life back into the only PvP DLC released ever.

So we return to my basic question. Why is sourcing hakeijos from IC unhealthy? Why is obtaining useful things from PvP zones so frowned upon? Explain that. You may only say "because I don't like to PvP" if you've never purchased goods from a store irl.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No! Transmog isn't a PvP-specific thing, so it shouldn't be PvP required to obtain. It's already bad enough that there are unique set crafting stations in IC that sometimes find their way into my master writs.

I want to transmog items myself, and I have zero interest in PvP. I shouldn't have to do something I hate to do something I want.
    Edited by cyclonus11 on June 27, 2017 3:17PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a better idea.

Actually, I wouldn't care because I would purchase the items on guild stores, like I do all of my other mats right now since I don't farm. IC needs to be revitalized, and not everything belongs in PvE simply because PvE is more popular. That's my point. I fully expected biased anti-PvP players to troll the thread, though. I'm k with that. :) I anticipated all of your arguments, and we've picked them apart with logic. As usual, though, logic only goes so far against an emotional and irrational party.

And I've said many times that I don't want people who dislike PvP to come to IC if they don't choose to. I want to give actual PvPers a reason to return there. Many PvPers miss the days when IC had meaningful content for them to fight over (crafting mats before they were moved into other zones). Stop putting words in my mouth and ignoring that fact.

You conveniently leave my last statement out of your quote because it debunks your point. Even if transmog were implemented in IC, you'd be under no obligation to go play in IC. You sound entitled.

As far as this discussion, I don't see it relevant as to preference between PvE and PvP. IC failed.

It's pretty much just a PvE tel var farm. Adding a new matt as an IC exclusive is as short sighted as the original IC design. If tge some cannot stand on its own why do a short sighted move and force it?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be an in game feature just like a barber. Not PTW, PVP, crown store etc. Zos makes plenty of money and a lot of people don't pvp. They could throw us bone once in awhile. I say this and I pvp daily.
This discussion has been closed.