Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds still broken

• Hunharibo
    Hunharibo
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you all know that we do see your replies about the ongoing queuing issues, and we're working on a larger, more detailed post explaining what our next steps are. Expect to see this in the next couple days.

I know you said a "couple of days" and it has only been 3 (for me anyway), but keeping silent about this thing is literally the worst thing you can do. Even coming out and saying "you simply dont know when you are going to be able to fix it" will earn you more simpathy than not saying anything at all.

Please give us a meaningful communication this time and do it fast. It has been way too long since Morrowind launched. This is not a problem you can expect to just go away in time.
  • Raezputin
    Raezputin
    ✭✭
    I'll do a group queue tonight but I'm sure you'll have some other excuse by then xD

Not sure if you are trolling or something, but the videos you posted doesnt show anything just you queueing and dyeing your costumes, nowhere to see you actually got into BG at all.
  • Eisenhovver
    Eisenhovver
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I checked, a 'couple' is 2... The lack of response to this issue has pushed me past the point of caring. The devs pretty much suck and there is just not enough to keep me playing this game. Probably going to drop ESO+ for my account and gf's and pick it back up for a month with next DLC.
    An intellectual is someone who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows. -Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    but common guys, be optimistic, next monday, 7th patch will fix it for sure!

1023.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=108fa3a4f86db8dbaacb4c574c692d29

actually, it's not even funny anymore :/ I tried 2 times, both took about 30 mins to be ready at primetime
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you all know that we do see your replies about the ongoing queuing issues, and we're working on a larger, more detailed post explaining what our next steps are. Expect to see this in the next couple days.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    next couple of days means Update 15?
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Partner
    Noractis
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you going to post any videos?

Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nmoe9RYiTY

Waited for around 15 mins, had to regroup with 4 ppl and only recorded 7 of them, then we logged off. Pretty much what has been happening for 8 weeks now. Cba waiting for another few hours to show u what everyone's been complaining about and you fail to see.

Shortened the video to 3 mins so you don't die of boredom like we did.

Bear in mind it was primetime, 6 pm gmt.

Also, how do you explain this mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ9LgJedleY

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_MattFiror It's Thursday night and we were told on Sunday night we'll have a thorough update/post in a 'couple' of days. Tomorrow (Friday) you are gonna come here and say you have some more fixes on the go, but due to the fact it's Friday, you'll be implementing them in the next weeks patch, 2 weeks from now.

Can you please respond as to what is actually going on? Even a 'we don't know how to fix this' would be alright and much better than this silence.
    Edited by Sophieous on June 29, 2017 8:08PM
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just letting you know we haven't forgotten about the update we mentioned earlier this week. We're just making sure we have the most up-to-date information, and will be posting a more formal update tomorrow morning (in less than 24 hours, for those not on the east coast).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, you will receive the message that someone declined the invitation if someone does legitimately decline the Ready Check.

I played a bit of battlegrounds but I am not interested in trying anymore.. Not only the decline invitation but also the balance between players with in the battlegrounds mode.

Why was my level 17 warden up against level 50 players with max gear etc? Shouldn't I be placed with people my level?

Anyway..

Have a good day :)
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭
    Interns are working hard on the code
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get a grip
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken on PS4 NA
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you know we haven't forgotten about the update we mentioned earlier this week. We're just making sure we have the most up-to-date information, and will be posting a more formal update tomorrow morning (in less than 24 hours, for those not on the east coast).

Sweet that is all I wanted to see. A response and acknowledgement. Thank you so much! Look forward to fixes. :D
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy-facebook_s.jpg
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To give everyone an update on the current issues surrounding the Grouping Tool, we are working on fixes for a handful of bugs that we discovered after publishing the most recent round of fixes. Sometimes when we fix one issue, we uncover additional issues that weren’t previously visible for one reason or another. That said, we are fully committed to resolving the issues with the Grouping Tool so it runs smoothly, reliably, and as you would expect.

One of the main issues we have been working on is when you could be placed back into the queue after accepting a Ready Check without any messaging as to why, and you would then have this happen repeatedly. This issue only surfaces when there are a significant number of players in the queue. We plan to publish the fix for this in the next incremental patch for PC/Mac and console.

There’s a similar issue where you will receive the “Forming Group” message but instead of being ported to a Battleground, you are placed back into the queue with no indication as to why. The fix for this issue will also be included in the next incremental patch for PC/Mac and console.

In addition to these fixes, we are actively working on fixes for a number of other issues. This includes situations where you receive an “Instance Full” error message stating when attempting to queue for a dungeon, or receiving a message that someone declined an invite even if they have accepted it. We have fixes for both issues that we’re currently testing.

We’re also implementing some additional game logging in the next patch to help us investigate issues where you don’t receive bonus rewards for completing a dungeon unless you’re the group leader. While this isn’t directly tied to queuing, it does affect groups formed through the Grouping Tool.

We hope this provides some insight as to exactly what we’re currently working on, and we appreciate your patience while each issue is fully investigated and eventually fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cocorocho wrote: »
    Interns are working hard on the code
    To give everyone an update on the current issues surrounding the Grouping Tool, we are working on fixes for a handful of bugs that we discovered after publishing the most recent round of fixes. Sometimes when we fix one issue, we uncover additional issues that weren’t previously visible for one reason or another. That said, we are fully committed to resolving the issues with the Grouping Tool so it runs smoothly, reliably, and as you would expect.

One of the main issues we have been working on is when you could be placed back into the queue after accepting a Ready Check without any messaging as to why, and you would then have this happen repeatedly. This issue only surfaces when there are a significant number of players in the queue. We plan to publish the fix for this in the next incremental patch for PC/Mac and console.

There’s a similar issue where you will receive the “Forming Group” message but instead of being ported to a Battleground, you are placed back into the queue with no indication as to why. The fix for this issue will also be included in the next incremental patch for PC/Mac and console.

In addition to these fixes, we are actively working on fixes for a number of other issues. This includes situations where you receive an “Instance Full” error message stating when attempting to queue for a dungeon, or receiving a message that someone declined an invite even if they have accepted it. We have fixes for both issues that we’re currently testing.

We’re also implementing some additional game logging in the next patch to help us investigate issues where you don’t receive bonus rewards for completing a dungeon unless you’re the group leader. While this isn’t directly tied to queuing, it does affect groups formed through the Grouping Tool.

We hope this provides some insight as to exactly what we’re currently working on, and we appreciate your patience while each issue is fully investigated and eventually fixed.

What about endless loading screens or crashes that are giving you a 20min penalty to join another battle ground?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ,

Excuse me, but WHAT? This is the "detailed" post we had to wait a couple of days for...?

I'm not sure you all understand what the issue actually is, based on your post. It seems you all are focusing on the messages we see or lack thereof. I'm sorry, but we don't give a flying crap about the messages. WE. WANT. TO. PLAY. BATTLEGROUNDS. This was promised content. We are supposed to be able to queue and play with our friends. IT. DOES. NOT. WORK.

We can't play your content. We paid $40 for content, and it doesn't work. I couldn't care less about the message I receive. I want to be able to queue with 4 of my friends and complete a battleground...

I mean am I reading that wrong? Am I going insane? QUIT LOOKING AT THE MESSAGES. REMOVE THE READY CHECK. AND LET US PLAY.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel

• SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno ,

Excuse me, but WHAT? This is the "detailed" post we had to wait a couple of days for...?

I'm not sure you all understand what the issue actually is, based on your post. It seems you all are focusing on the messages we see or lack thereof. I'm sorry, but we don't give a flying crap about the messages. WE. WANT. TO. PLAY. BATTLEGROUNDS. This was promised content. We are supposed to be able to queue and play with our friends. IT. DOES. NOT. WORK.

We can't play your content. We paid $40 for content, and it doesn't work. I couldn't care less about the message I receive. I want to be able to queue with 4 of my friends and complete a battleground...

I mean am I reading that wrong? Am I going insane? QUIT LOOKING AT THE MESSAGES. REMOVE THE READY CHECK. AND LET US PLAY.

I'm just stunned this is the response. This is insane. @ZOS_GinaBruno, I think its time for you to quit handling this. We need Brian or Matt or Rich to get in here and talk to us. OR something. This is insane.

Have Brian stream now on the EU servers, have Brian stream at 6pm est, and 9pm est, with a group and try to queue into battlegrounds on every platform. You all actually don't seem to understand what the issue is. We literally cannot play battlegrounds in primetime with our friends. We don't give a crap about the message.

Edit: The bold part sounds harsher than what was intended. I wasn't saying this as a shot at Gina or disparaging her ability to communicate with us. I was intending to highlight that this issue really needs a full discussion with the upper levels of game design and actual devs. It doesn't put Gina in a good spot to have to keep giving these limited responses.
    Edited by SwaminoNowlino on June 30, 2017 2:47PM

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_GinaBruno ,

The first two issues listed are about getting you into Battlegrounds.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Did I miss something. You are working on fix that will tell us why the activity finder is not working? Or should I say working as you have designed it work?

That is absurd though since the damn thing is utterly broken and should be scrapped all together.

So are you actually fixing this crappy activity finder or just fixing the finders messages?

Oh my..
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Focus less on the word "messaging" as that isn't really important for the first two issues called out. For the first issue, you essentially are getting stuck in the queue over and over. The second issue is similar in that you get kicked back to the queue after it looks like a group is forming.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, Gina. Any chance you could tell us a little about why there is a Ready Check feature in the first place? From the player perspective, the breakdowns in getting into Battlegrounds all seem to center on the Ready Check feature, and I know a lot of players are wondering why it even exists. Other games with features similar to Battlegrounds use a lobby system, and I can remember when ESO's dungeon finder didn't employ a Ready Check feature at all, and it seemed to work much more reliably than it does today.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By 'Incremental Patch' do you mean queues will be fixed on MONDAY, or that we have to wait until AUGUST (Making a total of 4 months without working content). I doubt I am alone in asking this question
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a similar issue where you will receive the “Forming Group” message but instead of being ported to a Battleground, you are placed back into the queue with no indication as to why.
    The fix for this issue will also be included in the next incremental patch for PC/Mac and console.

In bold is the part I am questioning. And maybe its just confusing or I am reading it the wrong way, but it doesn't sound clear to me. As I read this, the issue is the "without any messaging as to why." This seems to imply its happening for the correct reason, its just that no message is provided as to why.

Has there been any thought given to just removing the ready check until everything is fixed? I think everyone would be satisfied with that. An imperfect solution, but hopefully would get us into the content.
    Edited by SwaminoNowlino on June 30, 2017 2:40PM

• Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭

The 'next incremental patch for PC/Mac and console' is when? mid july/august? Please specify. Players need to know when.

So we won't be able to play with our friends for another month? That gives you around 2-4 weeks time to calm down the rage on the forums about it. Then?

I don't think these 'fixes' will fix anything at all as the core issue is the broken group finder that's this broken ever since you implemented the READY CHECK a few months ago.

I mean, you couldn't fix the group finder for 6 months, what's gonna change now?

Why don't you listen to the players suggestions and actually, take the ready check down, test to see if it works on ur servers with your fixes, then put it back on live? Just take it down for a week to actually test

Are we doing ready check beta testing on the live servers now?

This is almost depressing
    Edited by Sophieous on June 30, 2017 2:42PM
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you for the update. Is there also work being done to improve the match quality? like insuring that it is actually 4x4x4? Also will these queuing issues help back-fill games? Also you have stated that there will be separate queues in which the lvl 50s and below will be in one queue and everyone else at cp in another, any time frame as to when this will work? Also when it fails to back-fill and everyone gets removed from the BG we don't receive leader board score, loot, and AP; is this intended?
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a similar issue where you will receive the “Forming Group” message but instead of being ported to a Battleground, you are placed back into the queue with no indication as to why.
    The fix for this issue will also be included in the next incremental patch for PC/Mac and console.

In bold is the part I am questioning. And maybe its just confusing or I am reading it the wrong way, but it doesn't sound clear to me. As I read this, the issue is the "without any messaging as to why." This seems to imply its happening for the correct reason, its just that no message is provided as to why.

Has there been any thought given to just removing the ready check until everything is fixed? I think everyone would be satisfied with that. An imperfect solution, but hopefully would get us into the content.
    Focus less on the word "messaging" as that isn't really important for the first two issues called out. For the first issue, you essentially are getting stuck in the queue over and over. The second issue is similar in that you get kicked back to the queue after it looks like a group is forming.

Answered. Thanks for the update. Sorry I was confused. Just blew my mind when it sounded like the focus of the problem was on the messaging.

Its really unfortunate that this is being left to incrementals and not emergency fixes that are pushed asap.

I also want to reiterate my question, has there been any thought to just removing the ready check until the system is fixed? Seems like that would be a pretty quick and easy way to get us by until the full fix comes in.

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet thanks. I think an explanation like this coming from you guys a bit sooner (we're 8 weeks into morrowind now?) could help calm the roaring tides of nerd rage...just saying.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious to when this patch will be dropped
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭

Excuse me for being dumb, but when you said detailed post, I expected a detailed post.

Not a reiteration of stuff we all already know and experience every time we try to access a Battleground. You know, a major part of your $40 "chapter."
    Not another few paragraphs that basically say "we're working on a fix sometime in the future." For the messages we receive?

It provides absolutely no insight at all except that you still do not seem to understand what the problems are, and therefore have no idea how to fix them.
    And why are you fixated on the messages? Instead of the actual useless broken horrible coding that makes up your useless, broken, unfit for purpose Grouping Tool.

Can we please have a more "detailed" post by one of your actual developers, to explain in "detail" the actual problems we are facing, what you are doing to fix them, and when will they actually be fixed ?
  • Mayorz
    Mayorz
    ✭✭✭
    So can we get a confirmation on what incremental patch means, Monday or August? thanks
This discussion has been closed.