Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds still broken

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started this mission at 5:24 pm CST and am now entering my 5th bg at 6:48 bg - no queue was longer than 6 minutes in total - it's noteven 5pm pst yet.

Keep in mind to make the videos after everyone I have to close the game and make the video and reopen it.

Seems to be working as intended.
    How much did ZOs pay you for this.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started this mission at 5:24 pm CST and am now entering my 5th bg at 6:48 bg - no queue was longer than 6 minutes in total - it's noteven 5pm pst yet.

Keep in mind to make the videos after everyone I have to close the game and make the video and reopen it.

Yes it works perfectly. That is why Zos has admitted it isn't working as intended. You have solved it. Everything works and Zos is just lying to us to entertain themselves while they count their money.

Edits- I also can't help but notice you seem to be solo...
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on June 28, 2017 12:24AM
  • Mayorz
    Mayorz
    ✭✭✭
    Mayorz wrote: »
    @
    In another - 4 minute queue.

Will post video after then one more.

heres video: http://plays.tv/video/5952ec8ebc17d345c1/bf4[/quote

Sorry but what you're doing here is not what people are saying, you literally cant play as a group if you try to q, its also getting late at the times you're testing so its not accurate. Try yourself with a 2 or 4 man group at peak times, Actually try solo q at peak times, it doesn't work it hasn't for 7 *** weeks its beyond a joke now.

The ammount of people posting here proves that this game has people that want BG's fixed now not in months so take down the servers like you would for PVE game breaking bugs and do whats right, tired of this ***

What do you mean getting late? it's 6:50 pm. Are you 80?

im talking EU times it was past 12 am here when u tested it HENSE EU server times. it was past peak times but yes im clearly 80.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part of all this is that people have been clamoring for Battlegrounds for literally years now.

And about a year back (and I'm paraphrasing here) @ZOS_GinaBruno made a comment on ESO Live that they basically had Battlegrounds set up already and she's seen in in action. Then @ZOS_RichLambert corrected her and said that it was a crude and manually spawned Battlegrounds and nothing was automated yet. Then he says:

"If we do Battlegrounds we want to take our time and do it right".

Anyways, I just find the irony hilarious.
  • spiiros
    spiiros
    ✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »
    The best part of all this is that people have been clamoring for Battlegrounds for literally years now.

And about a year back (and I'm paraphrasing here) @ZOS_GinaBruno made a comment on ESO Live that they basically had Battlegrounds set up already and she's seen in in action. Then @ZOS_RichLambert corrected her and said that it was a crude and manually spawned Battlegrounds and nothing was automated yet. Then he says:

"If we do Battlegrounds we want to take our time and do it right".

Anyways, I just find the irony hilarious.

Also their advertisement as "a quick in and out" type activity...

an hour later to get a match.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Yes it works perfectly. That is why Zos has admitted it isn't working as intended. You have solved it. Everything works and Zos is just lying to us to entertain themselves while they count their money.

Except it's not as broken as people claim. There may be some issues but as my 5 videos with time stamps prove. You can get in just fine.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Pay me to make time stamped videos on their live servers?
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @
    In another - 4 minute queue.

Will post video after then one more.

heres video: http://plays.tv/video/5952ec8ebc17d345c1/bf4[/quote

Sorry but what you're doing here is not what people are saying, you literally cant play as a group if you try to q, its also getting late at the times you're testing so its not accurate. Try yourself with a 2 or 4 man group at peak times, Actually try solo q at peak times, it doesn't work it hasn't for 7 *** weeks its beyond a joke now.

The ammount of people posting here proves that this game has people that want BG's fixed now not in months so take down the servers like you would for PVE game breaking bugs and do whats right, tired of this ***

What do you mean getting late? it's 6:50 pm. Are you 80?

im talking EU times it was past 12 am here when u tested it HENSE EU server times. it was past peak times but yes im clearly 80.

There are two different servers - na and eu
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except it's not as broken as people claim. There may be some issues but as my 5 videos with time stamps prove. You can get in just fine.

Try with a group of 3 or 4. Post your results. Prepare for a a very frustrating evening.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Try with a group of 3 or 4. Post your results. Prepare for a a very frustrating evening.

Even solo prime time is frustrating, yesterday i went in 5-6 battlegrounds, then at 8 pm the sistem simply stopped working.
    I've tryed many times after the first (bug) then i've ragequitted.
    In the morning till 5 pm group queue kinda works but it still takes 5+ minutes to get in.
    Signature

• qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »

Even solo prime time is frustrating, yesterday i went in 5-6 battlegrounds, then at 8 pm the sistem simply stopped working.
    In the morning till 5 pm group queue kinda works but it still takes 5+ minutes to get in.

5+ minutes it not a long time for a battleground queue in an mmo.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What medication are you on. This is rubbish.

When you que with full group you will get 20-50 ready checks and than you are lucky to get a match.

There are very occasion you can get a match in 5min queuing.

You claim that people don't que properly. Well you hit que... accept ready checks... and what else you propose?

To put it very kindly the finder is totally broken and how that passed Q&A is beyond joke. Also I'am very doubtful that ZoS can even fix that part since it seems they have incompetent coders fixing stuff or as I said they really don't care a bit.

...but to claim that it functions ok??? Come on.. that is utter rubbish.
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭

Now get a proper team of 4 (FOUR) people and do your tests again!
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Sole queue maybe quite ok. I haven't tested with group queue yet. I did sugest Zos that they should open a new system for group queue
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    lelink88 wrote: »
    Sole queue maybe quite ok. I haven't tested with group queue yet. I did sugest Zos that they should open a new system for group queue

Only if you love unbalanced matches like 4v3v2 or so.
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭

Ya also in other MMOs group play is also a key component. Quit trolling justifiably pissed off players and go time stamp how long a group queue takes....
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'll do a group queue tonight but I'm sure you'll have some other excuse by then xD
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TomLukman wrote: »
    lelink88 wrote: »

Only if you love unbalanced matches like 4v3v2 or so.

All of my matches were 4vs4vs4 but I do know that sometimes it's not - that's not the games fault though.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »

When you que with full group you will get 20-50 ready checks and than you are lucky to get a match.

You claim that people don't que properly. Well you hit que... accept ready checks... and what else you propose?

To put it very kindly the finder is totally broken and how that passed Q&A is beyond joke. Also I'am very doubtful that ZoS can even fix that part since it seems they have incompetent coders fixing stuff or as I said they really don't care a bit.

You don't know that people are clicking queue. You claim you can see what everyone clicks but you really can't be sure. In fact I wouldn't be surprised about how enraged people get over this if there isn't some dude who logs on everyday at primetime and cancels every pop to troll you.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like we all mentioned try with a group of 3-4 people and you won't get into a match for hours but I like how you ignore those post.
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'll do a group queue tonight but I'm sure you'll have some other excuse by then xD

Like we all mentioned try with a group of 3-4 people and you won't get into a match for hours but I like how you ignore those post.

Yea.....
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I think waiting in a q for more than 5 min is insanity unless you are getting ready checks often. If you are not getting ready checks you will never get a group so don't wait 15 min unless ready checks are happening. After you re q you should get a quicker ready check.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »

You don't know that people are clicking queue. You claim you can see what everyone clicks but you really can't be sure. In fact I wouldn't be surprised about how enraged people get over this if there isn't some dude who logs on everyday at primetime and cancels every pop to troll you.

Quit this bs. It was explained multiple times in this thread that teamed up ppl wait to their team member be the last one missing to confirm, he does it, status change to "forming" and after brief wait it returns back to "queue" saying someone decline the inv. Which is physically impossible to do so as video few pages earlier proves clearly.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit feeding the troll.

Group ques are essentially non existent as seen by the 100+ people in this thread. At least this guy is bumping the post for us...
  • Arcana
    Arcana
    ✭✭
    I just want to share my experience so that its out there, not that I think anyone from ZOS will read this or it will make any difference. Thanks in advance to anyone who actually takes the time to read this.

Sorry for the wall of text, TLDR at end.

I've been playing this game off and on since the second beta. I say off and on because I feel like the content in eso often becomes stagnant. We have had mostly the same pve dungeons for years now and cyrodiil is very hit and miss in terms of actual non gankfest or zerg pvp. As a result, I've spent portions of eso's lifespan playing other games like destiny which similarly has limited pve content but has a much more fast paced pvp experience. I can run around in cyrodiil for 15 minutes and depending on faction, campaign, and time of day i may not come across an enemy player. Dont get me wrong, when cyrodiil works its awesome but when it doesnt its pretty bad. In most games pvp is consistent. You load in, you kill people, you take the zones, and in 15 minutes, you start it all over again. You dont have to worry about "how the map looks tonight". This is why I was so excited for BGs, because it fixed this issue and added consistent pvp content. As a result, when BGs came out I jumped into them right away by myself as the rest of my friends were completing their pvp sets. Let me say this, BGs are awesome. They have some (hopefully) fixable balancing problems but all in all the gameplay of bgs are a huge success. This is because BGs hit on everything that cyrodiil isn't. And as I said, I do love cyrodiil, but sometimes you just want to jump in and fight some people without worrying about running halfway across the continent and bringing down keep walls. As I had been solo queing, I've been telling my friends how great BGs were and how much fun we were going to have when we all get in there.

Two days ago we grinded dungeons to finish out everyones pvp sets. It took 7 hours but we're all experienced players who honestly dont mind the grind too much. We golded gear, got abilities leveled, etc. Yesterday everyone was amped up as we finally got to que together as a group for BGs. Twenty five minutes later we were back in cyrodiil because we were unable to get in as a group of 2 and today I am pre-ordering destiny 2.

The truth is I really love this game and I'd rather play this than the others out there. I enjoy the eso lore, and enjoy both the pvp and pve of the game. BGs were the one thing it was missing to the point that I told people prior to their release that if the BGs were fun (which they are) I probably wouldnt even go play D2 when it came out. With this said, i'm not sure how I am supposed to react to this issue and the response from ZOS in this thread. ZOS has been aware of issues with dungeon ques since the game came out but has never gotten a solid fix on them. Now they have similar que issues which are making it impossible to play an awesome portion of the game with friends and when the community is asking for a response to these issues we're met with responses of "in all fairness. . ." and "we'll have more information soon". Frankly, its like listening to a broken record at this point.

Honestly, i'm not that mad about the fact that I paid for this xpac with the idea in mind that BGs (with friends) were a feature of the game. I dont care about the money i paid (but understand that many people definitely do). What I dont know is how i can justify 3 months from now paying for eso plus, new crown crates, homes, etc when this problem was not revealed and fixed prior to launch and this is the reaction we get. It shows a lack of attention to detail and empathy for the community by the devs which goes far deeper than the "jesus beam is OP so we're nerfing it into the ground" type changes. Quite honestly if that's what we're dealing with, I may as well give another game a shot at my time and money. You literally released a game mode in an MMO that is unplayable when queing with multiple players. Thats what really disappoints me, that BGs are so great and they do such a good job filling a major hole in the game's content but its meaningless as you can't play it with your friends. Its this lost potential which is so disappointing. At the end of the day, its inexcusable that this wasn't playtested and found prior to release, its inexcusable that it went live with this problem, its extremely inexcusable if this is "working as intended" and what is the most inexcusable is if the ultimate response is anything other than "we are doing X to fix this problem which will be implemented on Y date." Please ZOS, don't make me an "off again" player again, because I don't know if or when I will end up back.

TLDR: BGs fill a major hole in the game's content and the fact that they went live with que issues considering ESO's history of que issues is inexcusable and I really hope ZOS responds properly to this problem.

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said, can vouch I share a similar experience myself. Unfortunately, less and less of my friends of 2+ years through ESO seem to be logging in to even bother trying anymore. The lack of developer support or even feedback is very discouraging to say the least.
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭

You realise we are talking about group queue for BGs right? Solo queue sometimes bugs, but it's still way better than group queue that's completely broken. Noone is complaining, or has ever complained that much about solo queue

So next time test it whilst grouped.
    How do you know no1 accepts? Since you aren't in a group of 12 i'm assuming?

What kind of answer is that and with that logic?????? Do you honestly think there would be a single person declining the queue for 3 hours+ everytime people group queued. And if that was the issue, why doesn't it happen when u solo queue. And why would it ONLY be eso to have this issue whereas all other games who indeed have a group finder work?

And to top it off, if you had actually group queued, you'd know it puts you back in queue after EVERYONE has accepted and you are forming group. Not while waiting for players.

Stop trying to excuse the inexcusable.

Are these comments actually trolls or what?

Still no reply as to what is actually going on NEARLY 8 WEEKS AFTER BGS WERE RELEASED @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler

EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

• Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    It is like an onion, they just have a few layers to go guys then it will all be fixed. Should be any day now just like when they fixed the lag in Cyrodiil.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Queues are still broken. Does ZOS make enough money to pay for coders?
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Refund
This discussion has been closed.