The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds still broken

• Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    It seems that after some research that I have conducted in game; the idea to get rid of the ready check is what everyone wants. It truly does make sense that if you que up you are ready and there is no reason to ask again and again and again. I really love BGs but cannot play as a group cause I can join que super fast if I am alone. I agree and stand by the idea to remove the ready check from BGs. I would to see someone do a poll just to see the numbers. I am going to do one in game with my guild and a few others.
    Scott D. Gibson
    Beasts Of Ebonheart/ Guildmaster
    Options
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay everyone. I have a solution.

What if, like, ZoS made a SECOND Ready Check system. Right? Right?

Okay so you queue up for Battlegrounds.You're ready to play. But then, what if 60 seconds later, you're NOT ready? We have the Ready Check system for that, right?

... BUT, what if... you're not even ready to ready check?

ZoS, its entirely too much to ask of me to be ready to ready check. So we're going to need you to install a second tier system that will allow me to weave ready checks in-between the existing ready checks.
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Okay me and my 4 man group are in our first 4 man bg - 3 queue pops 4 minute queue.

Video posted after.
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Okay here it is - 4 man bg - 4 minute queue - 3 queue pops

http://plays.tv/video/5954663d4451910525/4-man-bg

Any other excuses?
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay me and my 4 man group are in our first 4 man bg - 3 queue pops 4 minute queue.

Video posted after.

Odd question. When you post your video, what do you think it will prove? You said earlier that it proves that it is still broken but isn't as broken as people say? Is that the case?

Then what do the videos that show the problem prove? That it is still broken and it is as bad as people say? I mean if one person posting videos of it working clearly proved it isn't as bad as people say. Then one person posting videos of it not working clearly shows it is as broken as people say.

I guess I'm just confused by what you are trying to prove? That the game queue works sometime? That is a heck of a tag line. Come try BGs our queues work sometimes! If that doesn't move copies I don't know what will.

I mean I guess over all it is good for you that you can play the game the way they intended. Im not sure why you seem so intent on taunting those that can't.

But maybe I'm overly sensitive. Ive been dealing with the broken dungeon finder for months. We use to post problems. Groups instantly kicked. No rewards. Stuck in queue. And you know what would happen in all those threads? Some chucklehead would come in and say, 'works fine for me. There is nothing wrong with it.' That never Fixxed my dungeon finder.

So I guess be glad it works for you. Im not sure why you seem upset that it doesn't work as well for others.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on June 29, 2017 2:43AM
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Video posted after.

Odd question. When you post your video, what do you think it will prove? You said earlier that it proves that it is still broken but isn't as broken as people say? Is that the case?

Then what do the videos that show the problem prove? That it is still broken and it is as bad as people say? I mean if one person posting videos of it working clearly proved it isn't as bad as people say. Then one person posting videos of it not working clearly shows it is as broken as people say.

I guess I'm just confused by what you are trying to prove? That the game queue works sometime? That is a heck of a tag line. Come try BGs our queues work sometimes! If that doesn't move copies I don't know what will.

I mean I guess over all it is good for you that you can play the game the way they intended. Im not sure why you seem so intent on taunting those that can't.

But maybe I'm overly sensitive. Ive been dealing with the broken dungeon finder for months. We use to post problems. Groups instantly kicked. No rewards. Stuck in queue. And you know what would happen in all those threads? Some chucklehead would come in and say, 'works fine for me. There is nothing wrong with it.' That never Fixxed my dungeon finder.

So I guess be glad it works for you. Im not sure why you seem upset that it doesn't work as well for others.

I think there is a very very very rare occurence when a bg is not working as intended. The rest I think people are running into is an intended part of the process which is just 1 of the 12 people declining the queue pop.

The old group finder is different. The old group finder was a half and half thing it was a random grab bag of it not working and it working. However I have been doing bgs every night since morrowind came out and it has been working fine. Someone declining an invite is not a "bug" it is in their right to not decline if they don't want to and that means the queue resets until there are 12 people ready for a bg.

I would have my view very different if someone could post a video. Not a screenshot. A video of a ticking time queue over an hour and a half. Otherwise I simply don't believe it.

It reminds me of this picture.
    i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/562/544/0b4.jpg

I convinced my friends who never did bgs tonight for this 4 man group and my friend who hasnt done a bg in like 4 years back when he quit tor the queue popped and first thing he says is "omg wow thats faster than swtor"

6 minute queues are not abnormal either - go onto wow you'll get very similar times or at least you did when I played in cata and mop. They could often be 10 minute+ swtor had 25+ minute wz queues. SWG 3-4hours+

I've done all 3 of those queue times - eso is some of the fastest.
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also the group dungeon queues often weren't not just a queue time - they were reward bugs and getting kicked early. A lot less serious than claims that you can't physically queue pop.
    Edited by qwjr8989_ESO on June 29, 2017 3:18AM
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also the group dungeon queues often weren't not just a queue time - they were reward bugs and getting kicked early. A lot less serious than claims that you can't physically queue pop.

Unless of course you were doing the dungeon for the reward....
    Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    the level of incompetence with anything related to pvp never fails to amuse
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Still not as serious as claims that an entire part of game content being unaccessible. What people are claiming are the equivilent that you are unable to enter group dungeons at all.
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can see the argument that people would only play eso for 4vs4vs4 bgs you can't get anywhere. I doubt anyone plays for an rng attempt at willpower rings.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Still not as serious as claims that an entire part of game content being unaccessible. What people are claiming are the equivilent that you are unable to enter group dungeons at all.

If I couldn't get a reward or complete the dungeon, I'm not sure why I would want to go into a dungeon...

Sure go ahead a do this quest. You just can't finish it. Don't worry that part isn't as important....
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭

If I couldn't get a reward or complete the dungeon, I'm not sure why I would want to go into a dungeon...

Sure go ahead a do this quest. You just can't finish it. Don't worry that part isn't as important....

Achievments? Pledges? Gear drops? House trophies? Everything that isn't a 1% chance for willpower rings?
    Options
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah still broken wanted to BG today and Queue pops and nothing. I have yet to step foot in a BG.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah still broken wanted to BG today and Queue pops and nothing. I have yet to step foot in a BG.

It is fun. Forming group... no nevermind.
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can you guys post some videos of you're really long queue times?
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭

The foruming group happens when someone doesn't accept the queue - you'll get it at most 4 times normally.
    Options
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭

The foruming group happens when someone doesn't accept the queue - you'll get it at most 4 times normally.

no, it happens constantly regardless. i've queued numerous times with 12 ppl w/ everyone accepting and it simply doesn't work.

eventually itll go through but i've noticed no pattern to it other than that it is exponentially worse at primetime. clearly zos doesn't know what the issue is either. the queue system they made is just flat out terrible.

you can put up with it for a bit but after a month of ridiculous wait times, finally getting into matches of 4v2v2, premades against solo qs, good players against pugs....they're not worth playing and i would advise anyone to not buy until (if ever) they improve
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me and my friend was queuing for arenas Monday night and every one said you've been removed from que cuase someone in your group declined but we both accepted it took 30 min before we got into one
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭

Are you gina bruno's second account?
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cocorocho wrote: »

Are you gina bruno's second account?

Are you going to post any videos?
    Options
  • qwjr8989_ESO
    qwjr8989_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »

no, it happens constantly regardless. i've queued numerous times with 12 ppl w/ everyone accepting and it simply doesn't work.

eventually itll go through but i've noticed no pattern to it other than that it is exponentially worse at primetime. clearly zos doesn't know what the issue is either. the queue system they made is just flat out terrible.

you can put up with it for a bit but after a month of ridiculous wait times, finally getting into matches of 4v2v2, premades against solo qs, good players against pugs....they're not worth playing and i would advise anyone to not buy until (if ever) they improve

How do you queue with 12 people?
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h queue with 4 man grp and 3 bg yesterday evening. Working fine :/ .

But it seemed to be a group problem since i talked to some other people and they said they go in instantly in a solo queue.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop trolling around. Nobody is posting videos for your amusement.

Also the damn finder / due thing is broken as one can be.

I could not care less about videos about time stamps and else... you can stamp you know what.

We just WANT to play this #%##%##% game that we PAID money for it. Oh yes.. this should have been FREE dlc for the eso+ members but no.

Instead they released this half %#%#% "chapter" which they do not even bother to fix it... or don't have the skills to do so.

Personally getting very tired of your time stamp video post so just stop that crap.
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    I started this mission at 5:24 pm CST and am now entering my 5th bg at 6:48 bg - no queue was longer than 6 minutes in total - it's noteven 5pm pst yet.

Keep in mind to make the videos after everyone I have to close the game and make the video and reopen it.

Seems to be working as intended.

Yes it works perfectly. That is why Zos has admitted it isn't working as intended. You have solved it. Everything works and Zos is just lying to us to entertain themselves while they count their money.

Edits- I also can't help but notice you seem to be solo...

Except it's not as broken as people claim. There may be some issues but as my 5 videos with time stamps prove. You can get in just fine.

Try with a group of 3 or 4. Post your results. Prepare for a a very frustrating evening.

Even solo prime time is frustrating, yesterday i went in 5-6 battlegrounds, then at 8 pm the sistem simply stopped working.
    I've tryed many times after the first (bug) then i've ragequitted.
    In the morning till 5 pm group queue kinda works but it still takes 5+ minutes to get in.

5+ minutes it not a long time for a battleground queue in an mmo.

At this point i don't know if you are trolling or not...
    Agree 5+ minutes is not a long wait but in those 5 minutes you get 20-30 ready check , you get in and you have a 2v2v4 with level 12-15 players among cp 630.
    Prime time simply don't work, yesterday i've done tree bg which the same 11 ppl, strange eh?

When prime time hits and maybe 20% of the entire game popolation can get in a bg, you can tell that by simply watching at the leaderboard, number one on the leaderboard have less than 30k points, it mean that he went in max 30-40 bg. And the leaderboard don't change much
    during the week like if only 300 ppl can get in the tree different leaderboards.
    Signature

Options
  • Sophieous
    Sophieous
    ✭✭✭✭

Dude, I'm legit gonna record videos for you, cus they either paid you to say such cr*p, or you actually never group queued and happened to do it at like, I dont even know what time it was on NA at 3 am uk time that you posted your videos, not even primetime. You can't be saying such sh*t and defend their actions like that.

I can go group queue at 6 am eu time and give u plenty of q pops as well. Not gonna solve the issue.
    EU | PC

Sophious - AD Templar (The one and only true Queen)
    Not Sophious - AD Warden
    Mayorz DK Slave - DC Templar
    May is my bae - DC Magblade
    Galabriem - DC Sorc
    Queen Sophie - DC Stamblade
    "I'm still pretty self-centered, greedy and angry" D.L.

Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sophieous wrote: »

Dude, I'm legit gonna record videos for you, cus they either paid you to say such cr*p, or you actually never group queued and happened to do it at like, I dont even know what time it was on NA at 3 am uk time that you posted your videos, not even primetime. You can't be saying such sh*t and defend their actions like that.

I can go group queue at 6 am eu time and give u plenty of q pops as well. Not gonna solve the issue.

I can also make a video called: "2h fishing and farming, while spamming F + 3 very short bg (Evening EU PC)"
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just stop feeding the troll. Everyone knows its broken. Just keep posting your bad experiences and dissatisfaction. ZOS has admitted its broken and promised us a "detailed post". @ZOS_GinaBruno, think today marks the "couple of days."

If you can manage to get into BGs consistently in a group, then good for you! That's fantastic! But at least all of the people complaining here cannot. What does anyone have to gain by complaining and stating the queue system is broken? Absolutely nothing. Its completely illogical. Asking for a working group finder doesn't benefit anyone if the group finder isn't broken.

You can't dispute the BG system isn't broken, because you can watch @Blobsky stream just about every day and it demonstrates pretty consistently that it is indeed broken. And if it is "someone queuing just to hit no to troll," as some academic suggested, then that is also by definition broken if the system can be derailed by a couple of trolls.

The inane logic of "if its not broken for me, its not broken for anyone," is moronic. By the very same logic, videos could be posted of the ready check going off 100 times for 2+ hours. And people have posted such videos. I'd do it myself if I wasn't on freaking Xbox and limited to 5 minute clips.

TLDR: Quit feeding the troll, just keep posting what your experience is, good or bad, and its up to ZOS to do something about it. @ZOS_GinaBruno we've waited long enough. Its time we here from @ZOS_BrianWheeler, or @ZOS_RichLambert, or @ZOS_MattFiror
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
    Options
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Okay here it is - 4 man bg - 4 minute queue - 3 queue pops

http://plays.tv/video/5954663d4451910525/4-man-bg

Any other excuses?

Yes, that video doesn't actually show you starting the BG queue so you could have been in there for hours for all we know, and you never filmed any of the actual battlegrounds so we can't see it was a proper 4v4v4 match. So, respectfully STFU and read through all the posts in this thread because you obviously don't understand the problems the rest of us are trying to get solved.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno just wrote in the housing issues thread for Earthtar Cavern that the next major update - Update 15 - is scheduled for August. Guess they might have a solution until then. Maybe. Hopefully. Or. Dunno.
    Edited by Feanor on June 29, 2017 4:24PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.