The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Buoyant Armiger Motifs being gotten?

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the rarity issue, that works for specialized items. A dragon mount, etc. A motif is just a crafting recipe, and there are how many of these in the game now? Even if all motifs were relatively easy to farm, the sheer volume would keep you busy for quite some time.

And it's not the only rare motif. It's just the rarest.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a guild mate who has spent 5-6 hours per day farming the chests... she has 2 motifs from 2 weeks of solid farming. She estimates she opens 60 chests per hour, 300 chests per day. About 2,000 chests for 2 motifs. That's a HORRIBLE drop rate... utterly horrible. Zenimax throw us a bone on this - and not in the form of Crown Store purchase...
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping CLockwork City would address this... nothing in the patch notes. :(

I'm only 4 pages away from completion, so 8k chests - IF I'm lucky. I also haven't pulled a single page since HoTR launced.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand how people can waste so much time on trivial, and boring in the extreme tasks instead of using the time to actually improve their gameplay, builds or at least farm things that will boost combat performance. The only motifs I actively farmed were Silken Ring and Mazzatun, and that's because they are guaranteed drops on HM and the gameplay was somewhat challenging. But roaming overland every day melting trash mobs and mindlessly opening every chest in sight would make me abandon the game within a week. I did actually find 2 Armiger motif pages while doing the quests and exploring and that was before I had too many achievements. I learned them at once since that's my main crafting character too. I may find others when I speed-run my other characters trough Morrowind for the skill points but what I will still lack I will buy in a few months when the prices subside a bit more. The master writs with that style can just wait in the bank for the day when I complete it. I'm so glad they are adding transmute crystals and guaranteed motifs in Bloodroot and Falkreath next patch. I'll just farm sets, crystals and motifs there, sell surplus pages and get the rare motifs for gold.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »
    It's just a motif, and stop playing troll. Some motifs were too easy to farm and this is way too difficult. There is no wow-effect with this. Playability of content is more important than this kind artificial rarity. Wardenfell was already too little for it's price and this inconsistent RNG reduces it further.

Exactly, it is just a motif. Cosmetics. It's a luxury, not a need. No one needs it and it doesn't need to be common.

At least now there's something expensive to reward players with a lot of gold if they find it. If you don't want to farm it - buy it from those who were lucky to find it. And what if I told you that you were never supposed to farm it and it was supposed to be a rare find that some people will occasionally find?

All your suffering comes from attachment to desires. Overcome that, and you'll feel better. Don't farm. Buy them or check chests every now and then and maybe you'll get a chapter.

Nope. I need them to do master writs now. This drop rate is beyond rediculas. 1500 chests not one ba motif. Me thinks its a bit excessive.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

Nope. I need them to do master writs now. This drop rate is beyond rediculas. 1500 chests not one ba motif. Me thinks its a bit excessive.

This ^^^
    Also, the more motifs you know the more/better master writs drop. Just becuase *YOU don't enjoy crafting doesn't mean others can't.

*YOU being the obnoxious jerks who can't seem to let others enojy the game in a way that isn't theirs
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on September 20, 2017 10:04PM
  • jadnik
    jadnik
    Soul Shriven
    try without treasure passiv in shadow tree folks ;)
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    jadnik wrote: »
    try without treasure passiv in shadow tree folks ;)
    Is that still not fixed? D:
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    omg is there a bug, that you get less chance WITH the passive?
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this took me 4 chest yesterday to get one , 6 chest today .
    i started 1 week ago and i have 1 page per day.

Edit : Cause according to some people i'm a " cheater " lel -_-.
    Edited by Apherius on September 23, 2017 4:19PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    this took me 4 chest yesterday to get one , 6 chest today . Not that hard to farm ... except when people let 1 items in chest.

Ok, so basically you're cheating. Even at the best drop, it was never this easy. What lovely addon are you using to get these amazing drop rates?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this took me 4 chest yesterday to get one , 6 chest today . Not that hard to farm ... except when people let 1 items in chest.

That is just all luck. I got all achievements and quests done in Vvardenfeel except vHoF stuff and I can spend hours, picking 200+ chests and still get nothing. So saying its not hard just cause you have super luck, such luck that the person above me accuses you of cheating, is not really gonna sway people in thinking otherwise.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok, so basically you're cheating. Even at the best drop, it was never this easy. What lovely addon are you using to get these amazing drop rates?

Wtf , do you insult me ? I'm not a cheater.

Maybe the fact that i have 20% of Vhof achievement can help.

I was also talking with my guild and this can be possible that once X chest have been farmed ( nvm who farmed them ) there is a armiger motif that appear ... and both time this fall of me , it's just luck.. and it's not because this happend me 2 times that i'm cheating.

The only addon that i use is Harvest map but i could disable it cause now i know my rotation.

I really don't understand your attitude , we are talking about the drop rate ( according to the main post ) ... if i want to share my opinion it's my choice ... but maybe some people just prefer to insult everysingle person who don't cry after the drop rate.
    Edited by Apherius on September 23, 2017 4:22PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is just all luck. I got all achievements and quests done in Vvardenfeel except vHoF stuff and I can spend hours, picking 200+ chests and still get nothing. So saying its not hard just cause you have super luck, such luck that the person above me accuses you of cheating, is not really gonna sway people in thinking otherwise.

when i say " it's not that hard " i'm not talking in term of drop rate but the way we obtain it ... there is chest everywhere and contrary to draugr motif/dailies quest motif ... you can farm as much you want.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

when i say " it's not that hard " i'm not talking in term of drop rate but the way we obtain it ... there is chest everywhere and contrary to draugr motif/dailies quest motif ... you can farm as much you want.

So, you admit you just were really lucky so "it can't be that hard for anyone else?" Yeah, expect to be called a cheater for that. And also... trials achivements have nothing to do with motif drop rate.

Sure, farm as much as you want... between fetchers who leave *** in chests, horkers who leave simple chests until the entire island is full of them, and all the other players farming, sure is easy! /s

In a thread of people saying how many HUNDREDS is not THOUSANDS of chests we've opened with no success, coming in all "it's easy!" will *** people off. Just ya know, FYI.

Also, it seems having Treasure Hunter will negate your chances of finding any...which sucks because my main and my farmer are both stam and have treasure hunter due to their builds. FML.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's so ugly but I MUST have it.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, it seems having Treasure Hunter will negate your chances of finding any...which sucks because my main and my farmer are both stam and have treasure hunter due to their builds. FML.

This is such a weird bug, because all the people I've asked in guild chat (who have been successful with the farm) have Treasure Hunter enabled. I've respecced my crafter to disable treasure hunter, so we'll see how that affects my luck. Losing the extra purples to decon is going to suck though, it let me get at least some benefit from the gear I don't want (and can't sell).
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is such a weird bug, because all the people I've asked in guild chat (who have been successful with the farm) have Treasure Hunter enabled. I've respecced my crafter to disable treasure hunter, so we'll see how that affects my luck. Losing the extra purples to decon is going to suck though, it let me get at least some benefit from the gear I don't want (and can't sell).

No one in any of my guilds is still farming, that I know of. Hoestly, since HoTR I find a lot less advanced and master chests, just empty holes and simples. I have pulled BA out of simple chests but it's really rare. It's good to hear someone is getting them, but still sad it's not me. I do wonder tho, is it easier when you have less pages? I farm BA with my farmer, but give the pages to my crafter or sell dupes.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on September 24, 2017 2:23AM
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can we please get a confirmation in regards to the Treasure hunter Passive, is it indeed bugged like people are speculating/claiming?
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guess what, it's in the new crates that follow the current lot, reapers festival or something... who would have thought o:)

I've got so many subscription crowns I may just get it this way, I know when I'm beaten. It's 100 gems basicaly, it seems that just for once the conspiracy brigade were entirely correct... :/
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I won't buy as I'm saving my crowns/gems for other things (I have a really limited budget for crowns). Just pisses me off that this is the new business model. Means I won't be buying the next chapter, which means I may just stop playing.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    I read that completing the main storyline AND the museum quest line increase the drop rate chances. Idk what the museum quest line is though... I believe it is "the lost library" quest. You unlock that quest by collecting the 30 relics scattered across vvardenfell. There are maps for these relics online and you will need 30 open inventory spaces.

The final reward for that quest gives you a 3D model of vvardenfell to put in your house.

I've done that achievement + the questing achievements + have the passive

I do up to 20 repeatable quests a day (6 delve, 7 Relic, 7 Hunt, sometimes WBs) and have mapped out over 30 chest locations so far. Every quest, I beeline through the nearby chests. I've easily opened hundreds.

I have never gotten a motif drop.

I'm guessing the drop rate is somewhere between Potent Nirncrux and Aetherial dust lol.

Like dust, this doesn't seem like something we can "farm". Better off farming other things to make the gold to buy, as previously pointed out...

...but I keep trying the chests! One of these days I'm gonna get one and fall out of my chair.

@hiyde

Nirncrux has a higher drop rate and isn’t rage inducing
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 NA here. No treasure hunter perk. Haven't explored vvarden much, no more than 10 chests opened.

Happened to be in the middle of the armigers duty quest. Ran into an intermediate chest and got the buoyant armiger sword motif.

I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this took me 4 chest yesterday to get one , 6 chest today .

Edit : Cause according to some people i'm a " cheater " lel -_-.

Nah just extremely lucky
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 dropped last night out of the same chest to different people in a normal HoF run. It was cause for a minor celebration.

S2wHIEU.gif
    Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music.....
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got the whole book in a crown crate, so its rarity is just not a thing for me any more :)

And all those gougers on the guild stores, they can just kiss my ***
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on September 28, 2017 4:01PM
    PC EU
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've looted countless chests and lockboxes, and to-date I have found a single Velothi Triptych, Waterfall. Granted, I sold that painting for 175K, however I thin kthat it's downright silly that the drop-rate for a single chapter of ANY motif is as low as this. Then I saw the items listed in the new Crown Crates, and it makes sense. The Bouyant Armiger is one of the items to be gambled for, or purchased for 200 Crown Gems. The greed is strong at Zenimax.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    ...The greed is strong at Zenimax.

And the stupidity. "Let's release this expansion we'll call a chapter, and make everyone pay for it! OH! And let's make it a really popular IP... like Morrowind! OH OH!! AND we'll make all the furniture recipe plans, and the super old-school motif that EVERYONE will want really hard to get in-game so they HAVE to buy it in the Crown Store! Because who cares if a player can't really afford that... no biggies. We don't care about anything but whales."

Morrowind has pretty much guaranteed that I will not be buying the next chapter, screw losing my trials slot. I don't have enough time to grind as much as needed to get the things I want, and definitely don't have enough real money either. Morrowind has sucked up all my crowns buying stuff that *should* have dropped in-game.

And if it's not stupidity, it's a really bad bot-deterrent to make things so hard to get that only bots can find them.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was easier before Hotr, they nerfed the droprate cause of the crown store
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    It was easier before Hotr, they nerfed the droprate cause of the crown store

I am aware of this, I have 10/14 pages.

Furniture plans have always been difficult and now it's nigh impossible.