The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buoyant Armiger Motifs being gotten?

• itreboiz
    itreboiz
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, ZOS did make a "change" per the patch notes ... time to give it a try again ladies and gentlemen.

General
    Fixed an issue that caused chapters of the Bouyant Armiger motif to appear less often than intended. These chapters are still quite rare, even for those who have served Morrowind faithfully.

-.-"
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, ZOS did make a "change" per the patch notes ... time to give it a try again ladies and gentlemen.

General
    Fixed an issue that caused chapters of the Bouyant Armiger motif to appear less often than intended. These chapters are still quite rare, even for those who have served Morrowind faithfully.

That is the almost the exact same phrase ZOS used when they 'Hotfixed' cypher drop rates a month after they were released from 0% to 0.0000001%
    Forgive me if I don't get too excited.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran few circles around whole Wardenfell, maybe about hundred chests, without any new motif page. I think ZOS wrote fake patch notes to avoid actually fixing anything.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am about done with the motif hunting. It doesn't help with Master Writs much, and the drop rate is too unrewarding from the dailies and chests.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will show up in crown store.....lol
  • ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I ran few circles around whole Wardenfell, maybe about hundred chests, without any new motif page. I think ZOS wrote fake patch notes to avoid actually fixing anything.

I agree. The drop rate is still almost zero. To hell with your motifs ZOS, I am done collecting any of them now.
    Edited by ninti on June 23, 2017 4:35AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found 4 pages before the patch. 0 after.

Feels worse than before, not sure what they changed.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they did seem to change the drop rate for the Vardenfell dailies. Or maybe it's weekday lower activity, but getting more drops todsy and yesterday.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing has changed as far as Im concerned. Opened at least 20 advanced and master chests since the update and still no motifs
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None here. Looks like a long term project
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've managed to find 3 of the motifs so far and while I've only been keeping track for some chest hunting runs my guess is that it is around a 1% chance per chest (depends how lucky or not I've been). Based on what some people have said this thread it may well be under 1%.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've opened dozens of chests since Morrowind launch with treasure hunter passive and I have most of Morrowind achievements, many of these chests were locked with advanced and master locks. This is what I got:

Before drop rate update: 0 pages
    After drop rate update: 0 pages

Seriously ZOS, I understand that some items need to be rare to keep people playing and trying to get them, but this is just ridiculous, especially that motifs are USELESS cause most of people wears dropped sets.

I'm giving up on farming these motifs, until drop rate will be seriously increased ( not like from 0,01% to 0,02%)
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    The only way is to get a full gold book. That would be worth serious dollar
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what was the reasoning behind this abysmal drop rate ZOS????

What ever it was, it failed

IT JUST PISSES PEOPLE OFF!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beginning to think these are a myth.
    Seriously, I think unicorns are more common
    Edited by Katahdin on June 29, 2017 11:14PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One update turned me from crafting completionist to f***, i don't care. It is astonishing how crafter unfriendly Morrowind is. I haven't been in Wardenfell for a week and i'm pretty much done with it. I might buy the buoyant pages when they crash to below 20k gold or never.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Just got my third this morning after 2 chests but nothing the previous 3 days.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon to be for sale in crown store........
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more over a four day weekend, even though I spent most of my time in vardenfell... Yeah it's very bad.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have opened at least 20 chests almost every day and a lot of those were advanced and master chests.

Not

One

Motif

Not

One

This is such BS its not even funny

I have a job I have to go to 5 days a week for 8 hours plus 2 for commuting. I can not sit here every day for 20 hours opening chests like some people do. So how are people that cant play 24/7 supposed to get these BESIDES the damn crown store!?

Edited by Katahdin on July 8, 2017 2:39AM
  • jarlragnar
    jarlragnar
    ✭✭✭
    A total waste of time trying to farm these motifs. If you just farmed regular mats in the same time you farm the motifs, you can make same amount or more money by the time you find one motif.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been farming mats all day along with chests. Found several masters too. The drop rate is ubsurd. Why they would base these as only chest drops is beyond me. The armor is ugly at it's best anyway. The few I have seen on GT by the lucky few who found them, are pricing them at 500k up to a million for one page. Is this suppose to be working as intended? I guess so they can add it in crown store at 4 day limited time for 7000 crowns. They know how poor their rng system is with everything. They keep saying "We are looking into it." Why keep doing it to every new thing added to the game. Oh wait....cause they don't know how go fix it........Really, really, really tiiiiirrrrred oooooof fffaaarrrmmmiiinnngggggg.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please look into this.
    The drop rate is still abysmal.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 dropped last night out of the same chest to different people in a normal HoF run. It was cause for a minor celebration.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    So how are people that cant play 24/7 supposed to get these BESIDES the damn crown store!?

Maybe, they are supposed to be rare which means not everyone is supposed to get them.....

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    So how are people that cant play 24/7 supposed to get these BESIDES the damn crown store!?

Maybe, they are supposed to be rare which means not everyone is supposed to get them.....

Why should they be this rare? The only reason for them to be this rare is so that they can sell the motif in the Crown Store for a limited time. But, I'd rather see that than have it end up being a clown crate exclusive like the last three.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Artis a few up for sale and he doesn't want to be undercut?
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Artis wrote: »

Why should they be this rare? The only reason for them to be this rare is so that they can sell the motif in the Crown Store for a limited time. But, I'd rather see that than have it end up being a clown crate exclusive like the last three.

Why shouldn't be they rare? Or if not them, some other motif? Why shouldn't the game have something rare that lets players have long-term projects and delayed gratification? There are already plenty of common motifs, even most of the new motifs added with Morrowind are pretty easy to find. So what's the problem? You want to have absolutely everything easily? That's kinda your problem.... Or you want everything in game to be common and not have "wow that's a nice look, haven't seen this motif used that much" moments?
    Because Artis a few up for sale and he doesn't want to be undercut?

No, I don't sell them. Other people do, though, what's wrong with that? Some people sell other stuff and make money and then give it to people who found these motifs, essentially exchanging what they farmed for motifs via gold. Which is... the whole point of currencies. I ... Can you explain where you found the problem?
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am doubtful.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    On xb1 eu, 5 days now without a drop for 4 hours a day solid