Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buoyant Armiger Motifs being gotten?

• Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Got two full books out of crown crates today lol.

Wish you could sell this stuff
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The motifs drop, just not very often (which explains their prices). If you want to farm them, swap 75 cp into the shadow tree to unlock treasure hunter. This boosts your chance to find a motif inside morrowind chests.

I thought it only upped the quality of what you found, not IF you actually found any given thing.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    The motifs drop, just not very often (which explains their prices). If you want to farm them, swap 75 cp into the shadow tree to unlock treasure hunter. This boosts your chance to find a motif inside morrowind chests.

I thought it only upped the quality of what you found, not IF you actually found any given thing.

@newtinmpls is correct, with BA treasure hunter does not affect drop rate, ZOS said this at Morrowind drop, multiple times. It was in the patch notes too.

However, given how Treasure Hunter has been bugged recently, it wouldn't surprise me if it is affecting drop rate, like negating it. Still farming chests and hour each day, still haven't found any pages since HoTR dropped.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    I read that completing the main storyline AND the museum quest line increase the drop rate chances. Idk what the museum quest line is though... I believe it is "the lost library" quest. You unlock that quest by collecting the 30 relics scattered across vvardenfell. There are maps for these relics online and you will need 30 open inventory spaces.

The final reward for that quest gives you a 3D model of vvardenfell to put in your house.

I've done that achievement + the questing achievements + have the passive

I do up to 20 repeatable quests a day (6 delve, 7 Relic, 7 Hunt, sometimes WBs) and have mapped out over 30 chest locations so far. Every quest, I beeline through the nearby chests. I've easily opened hundreds.

I have never gotten a motif drop.

I'm guessing the drop rate is somewhere between Potent Nirncrux and Aetherial dust lol.

Like dust, this doesn't seem like something we can "farm". Better off farming other things to make the gold to buy, as previously pointed out...

...but I keep trying the chests! One of these days I'm gonna get one and fall out of my chair.

@hiyde

Nirncrux has a higher drop rate and isn’t rage inducing

Well, since I wrote that reply, I had a really nice run where I was getting a chapter about every other day. After HotR launched, I went weeks without any. Finally broke the curse with 2 in the past week.

I don't have the patience to farm these, or to do endless pickpocketing for the other motifs. Instead, I do a mix of everything. Dailies + pickpocket + chests. Using that method, I get a good mix of motifs every day and am earning enough gold to buy the ones I haven't gotten yet.
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I farmed chest today , i got my first motif , then i went on Cyrodiil ( 3 minutes ) but this was the wrong campaing so i went back to vvardenfell while my friend was asking for a Xarses taxi , and i got a second motif , 10 minutes between those 2 motifs , so i don't think there is any cooldown ,or maybe to fact to go in cyrodiil delete the cooldown ? don't know, hope this help.
    Edited by Apherius on September 29, 2017 5:51PM
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the pages I have recieved after nearly three weeks of farming. Roughly about 1 - 4 hours every other day on average. Some days I get nothing.

I have all chest locations marked.

BA Helmets
    BA Daggers
    BA Gloves
    BA Daggers
    BA Gloves
    BA Daggers
    BA Swords
    BA Swords
    BA Gloves
    BA Belts
    BA belts
    BA Swords

I have not gotten the legs, chest, staves, mace, daggers, axes, boots, bows, and shield.

I finished all the quest in Vvardenfell and have the increased chance of receiving a page or book.

Simple, Intermediate, Advanced, and Masters all drop the BA pages.

I have not found the full motif book yet. It must be 1 in 1000000 or something. :)
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    These are the pages I have recieved after nearly three weeks of farming. Roughly about 1 - 4 hours every other day on average. Some days I get nothing.

I have all chest locations marked.

BA Helmets
    BA Daggers
    BA Gloves
    BA Daggers
    BA Gloves
    BA Daggers
    BA Swords
    BA Swords
    BA Gloves
    BA Belts
    BA belts
    BA Swords

I have not gotten the legs, chest, staves, mace, daggers, axes, boots, bows, and shield.

I finished all the quest in Vvardenfell and have the increased chance of receiving a page or book.

Simple, Intermediate, Advanced, and Masters all drop the BA pages.

I have not found the full motif book yet. It must be 1 in 1000000 or something. :)

I believe the only full book motif is on the crown store, I have never seen it in game at all since of all the fake links, I should know cause i've sold over 200 pages since launch.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on October 1, 2017 3:16AM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The full book does exist in the game world. One of my friends who hunts gold motif books has found one guy selling it for around 10M on EU-PC.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs will become cheaper only if ZOS make drop chance rare(up from impossible), or if they make other way to get them.
    Achievments are different from this - they depends on your game progress. If you are going after some achievment, you will get it with your hard work. Where is the reward for my hard work and days spent on farming chests? All I got is frustration.

You are wrong and the amount of likes is upsetting. Really hope future generations will have a better education system. The price is formed by supply and demand. Increasing the drop rate will increase supply and will decrease the price, yes. But it's not the only way. Decreased demand with the same supply will decrease the price as well. And what do you think will happen when more people complete their motifs - or get them from crown crates?

Now regarding that last part. Working smart is better than working hard. Farm gold and pay it to those who were lucky to find chapters. No one is forcing you to farm chests. With that drop rate they aren't supposed to farmed, obviously.

Stopnaggin wrote: »

Nope. I need them to do master writs now. This drop rate is beyond rediculas. 1500 chests not one ba motif. Me thinks its a bit excessive.

Nope, you don't. Sell those master writs, whoever has the motif will buy them and you will use gold to buy a writ you can do.

Now if you want them that's a whole different story. And sure you can have them - all chapters can be found on guild traders. Why is it excessive? Nothing is valuable if everyone can have everything they want easy.
    Edited by Artis on October 3, 2017 4:23PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    The full book does exist in the game world. One of my friends who hunts gold motif books has found one guy selling it for around 10M on EU-PC.

on a store or in chat cause people can fake link items in chat
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

LOL, I have 5 alts running dailies in Morrowind, all with Treasure Hunter unlocked. I hit chests on a regular basis, and found no chapters. The fact that a few players have been lucky enough to find the motif does not mean there isn't something broken with the drop rate. I'd suggest the rarity of drops and presence of multiple forum threads imply there is a problem here. Gina said it's being looked at, but the way zos works, it could be Christmas before they do anything.

Christmas come and gone still insane prices :)
  • Saoghal
    Saoghal
    Well... my hypothesis is that they make the drop for the motif so rare, same with Dark Brotherhood(did the Sacrament daily for weeks and stopped doing them because I never got any motif page...) that when you see it in the crown store you'll simply jump into the deal and buy it instead of grinding it. I did the entire story quest and all the quests there, open many chest and never got any motif page...

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In DB you only get motif pages if you fulfill all the conditions: killing the victim with poison/blade of woe, avoid detection more than 4 times, kill/destroy the secondary objective and leave the location in 2 minutes after killing the main target. Otherwise it's always only a set item and some wax.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saoghal wrote: »
    Well... my hypothesis is that they make the drop for the motif so rare, same with Dark Brotherhood(did the Sacrament daily for weeks and stopped doing them because I never got any motif page...) that when you see it in the crown store you'll simply jump into the deal and buy it instead of grinding it. I did the entire story quest and all the quests there, open many chest and never got any motif page...

Extra space added to represent sadness....
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP