Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buoyant Armiger Motifs being gotten?

• ThorinOakenshield86
    I have all morrowind achievments, treasure hunter perk, opened 300+ chests and i found....let me count them....oh..ZERO motifs! Well played, ZOS! Now i won't renew my eso plus membership - my form of protest.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    So how are people that cant play 24/7 supposed to get these BESIDES the damn crown store!?

Maybe, they are supposed to be rare which means not everyone is supposed to get them.....

Why should they be this rare? The only reason for them to be this rare is so that they can sell the motif in the Crown Store for a limited time. But, I'd rather see that than have it end up being a clown crate exclusive like the last three.

Why shouldn't be they rare? Or if not them, some other motif? Why shouldn't the game have something rare that lets players have long-term projects and delayed gratification? There are already plenty of common motifs, even most of the new motifs added with Morrowind are pretty easy to find. So what's the problem? You want to have absolutely everything easily? That's kinda your problem.... Or you want everything in game to be common and not have "wow that's a nice look, haven't seen this motif used that much" moments?
    Because Artis a few up for sale and he doesn't want to be undercut?

No, I don't sell them. Other people do, though, what's wrong with that? Some people sell other stuff and make money and then give it to people who found these motifs, essentially exchanging what they farmed for motifs via gold. Which is... the whole point of currencies. I ... Can you explain where you found the problem?
    It's just a motif, and stop playing troll. Some motifs were too easy to farm and this is way too difficult. There is no wow-effect with this. Playability of content is more important than this kind artificial rarity. Wardenfell was already too little for it's price and this inconsistent RNG reduces it further.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Triumviri
    Triumviri
    ✭✭✭
    Since launch I have found 8 and 3 of them being repeats they do drop. Mostly dropping from simple and intermediate not a single master drop yet... Of course I do open more simples and intermediate then master but since launch I am probably around 100 master at least.

Having said that it is getting worse.... Because people are not fully looting the chest anymore and just leaving one or 2 items in them.

This practice needs to stop. Loot the chest and destroy what you do not want.

• ThorinOakenshield86
    It's interesting how some people are looting lots of them, while others can't get a single with hundreds of chests. That's why people get frustrated and leave 1 item in chests - to troll the luckers.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Please look into this.
    The drop rate is still abysmal.

This^^^^
    I can understand rare, but these are insanely rare and ONLY obtainable through chests where everyone and their aunt, uncle and grandma is farming. Locking this behind chests is just bad, because people are already farming chests for set pieces, recipies, paintings etc. Too many people, not enough chests ratio, plus they are only located in morrowind. Dumb to grind something that will take ten years to even get a full set of, or if you are lucky to have millions to spend on buying the few pieces. Like I said.....future crown store item. They did this purposely.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Looks like my single motif page I found early was my quota for the year...
    Since then I have farmed t-chests for about 10 hours over 5 days for zero motif pages.
    I have completed the Vivec quest line and all other side quests, I have the 'Treasure Hunter' CP perk and over that 10 hour period have opened about 300+ chests...for ZERO motif pages.

Seriously ZOS this is a joke.

The Ashlander motif drop rate is also driving me insane. One motif from about 30 daily quests...really?

Honestly, I don't think I am being too cynical when I say that these drops rates are geared to get us to buy them from the crown store. What other reason would they have to subject customers to this level of frustration.

I agree that the reward rate is terrible. I got dupcate ashlander belts and one MT motif.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting how some people are looting lots of them, while others can't get a single with hundreds of chests. That's why people get frustrated and leave 1 item in chests - to troll the luckers.

Farmers won't leave chests as it is against our moral code, it's just ignorant randies or noobs
  • ThorinOakenshield86
    Moral code can be broken if you see that motifs are looted by specific people, while others spend their time for nothing.
    I hope something will change in 3.1.0 patch.
    Before I came in TESO, I was a Diablo 3 player. One day, they released an ultra-rare cosmetic item and earning it was like a winning the lottery. Farming it was annoying, doing same things every time without any progress for you and I spent MONTHS farming it, without a reward, while some newbies got it with 2-3 runs. That was the reason I came here and left diablo. Well, the game pissed me in other ways too, but doesn't matter. I don't say that I will leave TESO now after all my progress and hard work done here, but at least I can no longer be eso-plus member and my protest will end once they change something.
    Edited by ThorinOakenshield86 on July 11, 2017 10:09AM
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still don't see any change in the drops these since the patch. Surely one would have dropped from a master chest. Nada....Oh and the idiots who keep leaving crap in the chests is getting ridiculous. Why troll? It's not helping yourself by doing this.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on xb1 eu and got 1 yesterday from a chest race. I just beat someone by 1 second getting to it.
    Luckily I have a 60 chest route that I know perfectly. It's going to take a while for the noobs to catch up
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    It's just a motif, and stop playing troll. Some motifs were too easy to farm and this is way too difficult. There is no wow-effect with this. Playability of content is more important than this kind artificial rarity. Wardenfell was already too little for it's price and this inconsistent RNG reduces it further.

Exactly, it is just a motif. Cosmetics. It's a luxury, not a need. No one needs it and it doesn't need to be common.

At least now there's something expensive to reward players with a lot of gold if they find it. If you don't want to farm it - buy it from those who were lucky to find it. And what if I told you that you were never supposed to farm it and it was supposed to be a rare find that some people will occasionally find?

All your suffering comes from attachment to desires. Overcome that, and you'll feel better. Don't farm. Buy them or check chests every now and then and maybe you'll get a chapter.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »

Exactly, it is just a motif. Cosmetics. It's a luxury, not a need. No one needs it and it doesn't need to be common.

At least now there's something expensive to reward players with a lot of gold if they find it. If you don't want to farm it - buy it from those who were lucky to find it. And what if I told you that you were never supposed to farm it and it was supposed to be a rare find that some people will occasionally find?

All your suffering comes from attachment to desires. Overcome that, and you'll feel better. Don't farm. Buy them or check chests every now and then and maybe you'll get a chapter.
    No, rare RNG shouldn't be wasted on crap. You just suggested hamster wheels. Try e.g. master writs. Regarding farming and RNG statistics, feel free to browse my old posts.and you might learn something.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • ThorinOakenshield86
    There is a little difference between "rare" and chance like winning the lottery, u know? Some people just want to know all crafting styles for their master crafter, but don't have millions to spend for all motifs? You can't even find all the motifs in guild stores. I'm allways checking TTC for these motifs and if someone put a motif below 150k, it dissappears in the same moment. Few times I saw cheaper motif around 100k gold, listed 1 min ago and when I went to the trader, it was already sold.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think that Artis has some up for sale. :)
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a little difference between "rare" and chance like winning the lottery, u know? Some people just want to know all crafting styles for their master crafter, but don't have millions to spend for all motifs? You can't even find all the motifs in guild stores. I'm allways checking TTC for these motifs and if someone put a motif below 150k, it dissappears in the same moment. Few times I saw cheaper motif around 100k gold, listed 1 min ago and when I went to the trader, it was already sold.
    If they don't have millions of gold to spend, they can choose to either make that gold or wait until motif becomes cheaper (which it will). Then again, if you say there's a reason for players to have everything, then what about those some players that just want to have all pvp or pve titles/achievements? Let's nerf everything and change the emperor mechanics so that everyone can get everything?

I want to have every crafting style; too. Yet, I'm not asking for them to make everything easy. It loses the point if everyone can get everything, doesn't it? You can have most motifs easily already. Why shouldn't there be some of them that are hard to obtain so people can have things to work towards?

Hahah no, I'm not crazy. I don't even have a single chapter learned yet, let alone duplicates for sale.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife has gotten a single chapter... I myself have zero...

They drop out of Halls of Fab chests too - but only seen it happen one time in over 20 runs with guildies. That's about a 1 in 2000 chests :)

I'm okay about them being rare - but this low of a drop rate is beyond ridiculous.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't have millions of gold to spend, they can choose to either make that gold or wait until motif becomes cheaper (which it will). Then again, if you say there's a reason for players to have everything, then what about those some players that just want to have all pvp or pve titles/achievements? Let's nerf everything and change the emperor mechanics so that everyone can get everything?

I want to have every crafting style; too. Yet, I'm not asking for them to make everything easy. It loses the point if everyone can get everything, doesn't it? You can have most motifs easily already. Why shouldn't there be some of them that are hard to obtain so people can have things to work towards?
    ...snip...
    Ah, let's make everything and emperorship super rare chest drops and all DLCs will be chapters from now on.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch fixed nothing with these drops. I have farmed chests for days and absolutely nothing. They never fixed anything as usual. These are not rare. They are beyond rare. They are tiresome and frustrating. Sure, I don't need them and they are only cosmetic. It is the ridiculous way Zos loves to troll and thrives on this behavior. This is a company dead set against pleasing their community who supports them and pays their wages. Oh but you can bet the book will soon be the crown store for a limited time for an ungodly price. They don't have to base every thing in this game on rng. They can have some other system to earn things and not make it so miserable for most. They just don't care and are only concerned with only a select few. Now try to buy one of these off of GT. Ha ha half a mil or more for one page? Nothing is worth that in this game. Sorry to say, but the game is heading down the wrong path. Really, really tired and so glad there will be some new games this fall.
  • ThorinOakenshield86

Hahah no, I'm not crazy. I don't even have a single chapter learned yet, let alone duplicates for sale.

Motifs will become cheaper only if ZOS make drop chance rare(up from impossible), or if they make other way to get them.
    Achievments are different from this - they depends on your game progress. If you are going after some achievment, you will get it with your hard work. Where is the reward for my hard work and days spent on farming chests? All I got is frustration.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    On xb1 eu I have got 3 since Wednesday, boots and helm twice
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Convenient how Buoyant Armiger is soon to be on the Crown Store.... :unamused:
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone on xb1 eu getting these
    Swapping
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got one last night after farming for a week. I was so happy for just a split second. Then saw it was maces..........:( If it takes another week to get one more, I think I will just quit this game for awile.
  • stankarp
    stankarp
    ✭✭
    300+ chests, 1 painting, no motif of any kind, 4 chars thru VVard, all done main quest and 1 has TH CP perk, nothing, farming chests for motifs is more painful than going to a dentist 200 years ago, at least you get drunk for the pain, being drunk while chest farming in VVard doesn't help, its still paaaiiinnnffffuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not worth the time, sadly, until they multiply the drop rate by at least 100.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stankarp wrote: »
    300+ chests, 1 painting, no motif of any kind, 4 chars thru VVard, all done main quest and 1 has TH CP perk, nothing, farming chests for motifs is more painful than going to a dentist 200 years ago, at least you get drunk for the pain, being drunk while chest farming in VVard doesn't help, its still paaaiiinnnffffuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

I agree.....it has been a lot of wasted game time for a lot of players that receive nothing in the end. Can't understand Zos reasoning on this other than another limited time crown store item, but even with the other motif books they had in the store, none of the pages were stupid rare like these are. I would rather farm VMA 500 times for weapons than this crap. I still haven't found any morrowind paintings either. This game is turning into the biggest bs storm ever.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting 1 a day now on xb1 eu
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F this motif. I spend hours farming for it and got nothing. And they sell for 300K+ in traders. All I need are 4 Silken 3 Militant and ALL of this one. I already spend too much time just farming for damn sets and to add motifs which crafted sets aren't BIS for PVE hard content and mostly only used for leveling up with training gear, it's bull.

Again, F this motif. I have a full time job and between dailies and doing small things here and there, I don't have time to farm for hours with nothing good to even sell. Whoevers idea this was to only put in chests with a very slim rate, I hope a lego falls in their shoe and they step on it.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Feanor wrote: »
      I stopped caring for motifs when they started breaking those up into pages. Forcing unreal grind upon players is not going to keep them doing dailies over and over. At least in my case.

I still torture myself and farm them for hours. How unhealthy.
        Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • hiyde
        hiyde
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Hutch679 wrote: »
        I read that completing the main storyline AND the museum quest line increase the drop rate chances. Idk what the museum quest line is though... I believe it is "the lost library" quest. You unlock that quest by collecting the 30 relics scattered across vvardenfell. There are maps for these relics online and you will need 30 open inventory spaces.

The final reward for that quest gives you a 3D model of vvardenfell to put in your house.

I've done that achievement + the questing achievements + have the passive

I do up to 20 repeatable quests a day (6 delve, 7 Relic, 7 Hunt, sometimes WBs) and have mapped out over 30 chest locations so far. Every quest, I beeline through the nearby chests. I've easily opened hundreds.

I have never gotten a motif drop.

I'm guessing the drop rate is somewhere between Potent Nirncrux and Aetherial dust lol.

Like dust, this doesn't seem like something we can "farm". Better off farming other things to make the gold to buy, as previously pointed out...

...but I keep trying the chests! One of these days I'm gonna get one and fall out of my chair.
        @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)