PTS Patch Notes v3.0.2

• Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Pretty sure they are going to make staff heavy attack animations shorter and that is why they reduced the damage from tri-focus.

You're too naive lol.

They mentioned possibly making heavy attacks faster on the last ESO Live. Just trying to make sense of the change. Nothing more.

They were faster before they changed ancient knowledge. See where I'm going with this..?
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
    Options
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prive wrote: »
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Reduced the damage bonus of this morph’s instant-cast proc to 10% from 20%.
        Developer Comments:
        Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.

If you would play your own game, you would know that there will be 0 sorcs running crystal frags in PVE

Exactly. Unbelievable..[/quote]

So I'm not understanding what the problem is? Your complaining about a nerf to a skill that's not used in PvE anyway? Or are you complaining that it's a nerf to a skill that only small scale and solo PvP'ers typically have on their bars ...because of PvE?

It's 10 friggin percent people. They could have nerfed it much much harder. I play a magicka sorc in large group PvP. I see really no issue with this change for either style of play. Ya all are complaining simply to complain ROFL, suck it up buttercups!
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like..... are we planning on nerfing Sorcs for the next version of Morrowind PTS?

Pirate Skeleton still applies Major Protection to shields. Grim Focus still must be recasted in rotations (the only skill requiring two global cool downs to use). That Crystal Frag nerf is not gonna mess up my PvE DPS, which still outshines any other class. My pet deals insane damage that must be nerfed.

Templar buffs are nice at least but again I'm disappointed. My Mag Sorc should not be #1 DPS in a way where 6/8 DPS are gonna be Mag Sorcs no matter what.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 2, 2017 6:14PM
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seyer530PC wrote: »
    RIP my glorious stam DK.

Oh no, not your fotm character! Jk, miss you!

FOTM comment shows your level of play...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    8o1841wapd8y.png
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Reduced the damage bonus of this morph’s instant-cast proc to 10% from 20%.
        Developer Comments:
        Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.

So you actually read feedback on nerfing it and then nerfed it...
    This was unnecessary & it is bad for balance.
    Sadly, my comment about "agent nerf" was right:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4075235#Comment_4075235

What will be the next sorcerer's nerf ? shields will be critictable ?
    My hope for increase of shields duration was wrong, you will continue to nerf sorcerer to hell...

It's not only sorcerer, the nerf hammer hit too many aspects of the game :/
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not agree with the changes that have happened to DK. Magicka DK literally has the worse sustain, thats been nerfed. Now stam DK is borderline the next worse, it may im not even sure.

You say you dont want infinite sustain, ok. Who honestly enjoys heavy attacks. They are boring. You say you want to lower damage, ok. Problem is people are still going to be tanky as heck in pvp, but now that we have to give up some damage for sustain, they will just be harder to kill. Dungeon's will take longer. Trials will take longer. This will harshly punish new players.

With all this I can not support where this game is headed anymore. I have cancelled my membership. This deeply saddens me. But I feel this is the only way I can maybe get across to the developers. I hope.

TLDR: I don't support these changes or where the game is headed with these changes.
    Edited by kookster on May 2, 2017 6:24PM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
    Options
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great to see the non-existent changes to DragonKnights. No AoE for Stam, no reduction in skills for Mag, nothing... I know this is just round 3 but man I feel there is not reason to even weigh in on this anymore.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that settles it.
    For my build I have options to regain mag, though not for pts nCP Bgs. And that's ok, since there is open cyro.

Off topic:
    I do feel like dodge chance received a stealth-nerf on the pts versus live or there's a bug. I'll try to test it again maybe. Anyone can confirm or deny? I'm basing this off of overall functionality on live versus my time in BGs on pts.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any idea of other players placed a ticket for this?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    8o1841wapd8y.png
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comments:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4075235#Comment_4075235

My hope for increase of shields duration was wrong, you will continue to nerf sorcerer to hell...

Are you kidding me right now?

Sorcerers are virtually untouched since before Homestead except for significant BUFFS

I swear, it's like Magicka Sorcerers live in their own world where they're the underdog, totally unlike reality where they have the top DPS with Curse/Mage's Wrath/etc, top mobility with Boundless Storm/Bolt Escape, top resource sustain with Dark Exchange.

What more could you possibly want? Shields to be untouchable for the first few seconds after cast so that you never die?
    Options
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no love for dks,guess I've been zenimaxed
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Takis1979 wrote: »
    New skill: diplomacy

You enter the dungeon and talk the monster to death

I thought this was called Invigorating discussion, it would be under the Cultist skill tree
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
    Options
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade

[*]Siphoning
    • Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now restores less Stamina per Light or Heavy Attack, but now restores a significant amount of Stamina when the effect ends.
    • Siphoning Attacks (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now restores less Magicka per Light or Heavy Attack, but now restores a significant amount of Magicka when the effect ends.

Even less resources per strike? So you made it more worse again? Now you are changing it to an ability that will restore a little more magic but only 20 seconds after cast and less before then. Yea, I'll just hit that to get some resources in 20 seconds. That is responsive. Ironically, NB has so few good abilities people will probably still slot it and so you guys will look at your statistics, see it slotted often by both NB's in game, and think it must be good and in need of another nerf.

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comments: Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.

Yea, reducing not even the damage from shards but just the bonus damage from the proc of it is going to put sorcs in line. You know, their only doing like 50 dps more than other builds lol. You guys don't even understand that frags are not even going to be as strong a part of the sorc meta in this update as before because replacing those force pulse weaves with channeled heavies removes most of the proc chances for frags. As you all have never figured out, force pulse counts as 3x proc chances per cast. I have sorc buddies not even planning to run shards next update as sorcs are always short bar space and it will be something like 75% less efficient with the meta change. Way to barely change something that doesn't matter anymore anyway.

BTW, you may want to stop doing those ESO lives again. It is not helpful to your PR to see the staggering magnitude of the ignorance of the basic realities of current balance displayed so openly by Wrobel and Lambert. It is also not helpful to see the complete disconnect between the effect they think there changes will have and the effect the changes are already having. The stark optics of this is probably why a substantial percent of your guildmasters and content creators keep quitting as soon as they return home from ZOS paid trips to the compound. That pattern, the second time around, has really dramatically impacted my thinking on the future of the game. I really should have paid more attention to the things D (the guildmaster who ran the largest NA guild until he quit at that time) said the first time around. I just thought they didn't apply much to me as I didn't care about PVP. I was wrong, so wrong. Much like them, I no longer see much future shy of replacing at least Wrobel with somebody like Gilliam and I am not sure that would help with Lambert still at the helm. They seem of one discord on most things.

It was entertaining to see Gina and Jessica try to impart to those thick headed half whits some understanding of the degree of rebellion they are in the midst of from their hardcore PVE base. It was also amusing their resistance to this information and even their suggestion that they are really more interested in what their statistical metrics say about what players are doing than actually reading and observing what the few skillfull players in their largely RP base do. Remember when you half whits were planning on nerfing the lover stone because the metrics said it was so OP with many players using it only to find out that it was the first stone available and that was the only reason anybody used it. I wonder if the Dev who clued you in on that one was part of that initial great September purge the first year. You have learned nothing. Bravo to Gina and Jessica for the repeated, respectfully aggressive, questions aimed at enlightening those fools. Hopefully your work here will be of aid when interviewing for positions post ESO as that seems to be coming nearer.

#Unsubbed #Canceledmypreorder #shouldhavequitin1.6
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on May 3, 2017 6:35AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Stop crying. Do you want balance? See: no more DK with infinite block, no more sustainable full-tanks with a lot of damage, no more incredible DPS in Trials thanks to which vTrials were easy for good group. Accept those changes and learn to play or... or quite ESO, heuh :/

Good luck playing with/against other sorcs/Wardens...

People is seriously considering leaving the game... and that's bad for sorcs... Adapt to that, or die...

My main is Sorcerer but it really doesn't matter. People accepted Homestead and they might accept Morrowind if they really love ESO :)

Just no.

NBs have received nerfes patch after patch since TG. DKs got a great buff last patch just to be wrecked this patch. Do you think that people whi has played those classes the last 3 years is gonna keep on playing?

I paid for a game that's not giving me back the promised experience, so the wiser decision is to quit. If you are receiving what you were promised, then good for you. I hope it last...

... but it won't...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see a video of a ZOS developer playing a Magicka DK in Cyrodiil or battlegrounds. I'm not convinced such a thing exists. The class is now completely impotent in PVP scenarios as the wolves in Cyrodiil are greater threats than a Magicka DK.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Stop crying. Do you want balance? See: no more DK with infinite block, no more sustainable full-tanks with a lot of damage, no more incredible DPS in Trials thanks to which vTrials were easy for good group. Accept those changes and learn to play or... or quite ESO, heuh :/

Good luck playing with/against other sorcs/Wardens...

People is seriously considering leaving the game... and that's bad for sorcs... Adapt to that, or die...

My main is Sorcerer but it really doesn't matter. People accepted Homestead and they might accept Morrowind if they really love ESO :)

sounds like somebody stuck in an abusive relationship. Its ok she cheats on you man you accept it cause you really love her and now that she's stealing your stuff to pay for her dates it' doesn't matter you'll accept it if you really love her

If you dislike this "abuse" you can enjoy unkillable tanks in PVP further :)

In the first place, do you know why those unkillable tanks exist? Because DKs was unplayable some patches ago... then what to do to play the class? Just Hold the block button.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Nazarousb14_ESO
    Nazarousb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For those people saying this ends the unlimited sustain builds, remember that sustain was nerfed across the board so they will still outlast you, and that is all that mtters
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Change Dark Deal to scale off of player level or revert DK helping hands back to scaling on max stat

Couldn't agree more. If they are nerfing sustain to scale off player level on pretty much everything else (including racial passives), they should do that with the Sorc
    Odin banker - obv banker

Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Guys, we understand there are some changes in this patch that you may not agree with, or you feel additional changes are still necessary. We like to leave the PTS patch notes thread open so you can voice your feedback and concerns with us (since we are, after all, still in a testing phase). That said, personal insults or bashing our devs will not be tolerated. Moreover, these posts just aren't constructive or conducive toward making improvements. You can be honest with us, but you need to do so in a constructive manner.

In addition, keep in mind that even if one particular class or ability hasn't been adjusted, the overall balance is still affected with other changes. As always, we encourage you to hop on the PTS once maintenance is over and try these changes out for yourself in a live environment. Battlegrounds would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

Interesting. What sacrifices will Stamina Sorcs have to make to have high damage, high tankiness, and high sustain?

The constitution nerf hit the ability to sark deal regularly as a main source of sustain massively.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    lmao heavy attack nerf, seen that one coming. such a joke

Not entirely heavy attack nerf. Just Lightning staff

Odin banker - obv banker

Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Guys, we understand there are some changes in this patch that you may not agree with, or you feel additional changes are still necessary. We like to leave the PTS patch notes thread open so you can voice your feedback and concerns with us (since we are, after all, still in a testing phase). That said, personal insults or bashing our devs will not be tolerated. Moreover, these posts just aren't constructive or conducive toward making improvements. You can be honest with us, but you need to do so in a constructive manner.

In addition, keep in mind that even if one particular class or ability hasn't been adjusted, the overall balance is still affected with other changes. As always, we encourage you to hop on the PTS once maintenance is over and try these changes out for yourself in a live environment. Battlegrounds would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

Interesting. What sacrifices will Stamina Sorcs have to make to have high damage, high tankiness, and high sustain?

The constitution nerf hit the ability to sark deal regularly as a main source of sustain massively.

Yeah, now I'll have to invest a few CP into magicka regen...because right now I don't need any CP into regen or cost reduction at all.
    Options
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
    Is the Luminous synergy restore for the casting Templar gone?!
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I feel like it's coming down to a refusal to admit that this whole thing is based on a false premise.

"A lot of people are pointing out that we're punishing the many for the excesses of a few. But if we admit they have a point, that would make us bad developers, and we're not bad developers, so they must be wrong. BOOM! LOGIC!!"
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Change Dark Deal to scale off of player level or revert DK helping hands back to scaling on max stat

Couldn't agree more. If they are nerfing sustain to scale off player level on pretty much everything else (including racial passives), they should do that with the Sorc

It already does scale off player level. I wish people would only talk about what they understand.. Especially when yelling for nerfs...
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    8o1841wapd8y.png
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comments:

Are you kidding me right now?

Sorcerers are virtually untouched since before Homestead except for significant BUFFS

I swear, it's like Magicka Sorcerers live in their own world where they're the underdog, totally unlike reality where they have the top DPS with Curse/Mage's Wrath/etc, top mobility with Boundless Storm/Bolt Escape, top resource sustain with Dark Exchange.

What more could you possibly want? Shields to be untouchable for the first few seconds after cast so that you never die?

Am I kidding you ?

No :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    so NB grim focus still not touched....nb will be still on bottom dps because of lack good damage in his skills lol with still removed bonus to attacks from stealth...I dont see future for this class in pve dps and open fights outside gank except just few players on server who have mastered this class

Grim focus is an excellent skill already, gives you 8% increased damage when active and a damage proc that can crit for well over 50k. Not sure what there is to complain about with that skill in particular. I think the main problem with NB is that (at least for magnb) the main class spammable Strife is extremely poor for damage, and they lack powerful dots that the other classes have, since Path and Crippling Grasp are the only two dots worth anything (though technically Path isn't even considered a dot..).
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Stamina Heal for Werwolves?????
    HOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Takis1979 wrote: »
    New skill: diplomacy

You enter the dungeon and talk the monster to death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuYbDP2kDfg
    Options
  • BenzZos
    BenzZos
    ✭✭✭
    The crystal frag nerf is fair and here's why

In pve it is around the 5-6th highest dps due to it being cast on average 1-2 times per an entire 2bar rotation. Dps loss will be a few hundred, unnoticeable.

PvP it's just a cheap burst, dps doesn't matter in pvp it's all about high burst damage... doesn't matter if you pick your nose behind a tree and dark conversion for a half hour if you can burst in 2-3 seconds. This nerfs burst... Thank you zenimax for a fair nerf that doesn't completely obliterate pve.

Infinite sustain is now 30 seconds of sustain before the entire resource pool is gone. Vet trial bosses take many minutes to kill. Consider the fact that "infinite sustain" and 2-3minutes of sustain are not the same thing. Current sustain nerfs make vet trials inaccessible to anyone without BiS fully golded gear.
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zoner wrote: »
    "What's that enraged screeching sound coming from the peons?"

"Uh, I think they want more nerfs to NB and DK sir"

"MAKE IT SO."

*screeching increases*

Damn reading at work... almost burst out laughing. Good one
    Odin banker - obv banker

Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Instead of changing Crystal Fragments you should make multiple shields not stack.

Sure, they can do that as soon as they give sorcs more defensive utility to compensate. Its cool that the other classes can 'stack' shields with their native defensive capabilities, but magicka sorc shouldnt be able to right? Besides, shield stacking is a non factor with enough pressure. What people dont realize is that you can either shield stack or apply damage, not both at the same time. This opposed to stam or healing builds that can be offensive and defensive at the same time.

Apply enough pressure to a sorc, and ya they will turtle and be hard to kill, but they will also be shut down offensively. Thats the balance. So in conclusion, all the people that cry about shield stacking just really need to learn how to apply more offensive pressure.

There are also ways to counter Shields. with both CP and Armor sets designed to do so
    Odin banker - obv banker

Options