The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.2

• BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    So leeching strikes has a duration of 20s, so when you kinda need better sustain you have to wait 20s for this to give back resources, since you also reduced the resource you get per light/heavy atk? How is this good in any way....I fail to see it.

They should have made the skill give back the same resources, but just in larger chunks with a cool down. Not all at the end.

So instead of 100 magicka every 1 second (every light attack) make it give 300 magicka every 3 seconds (upon light attack).

This would resolve the light attack weave problem for melee magicka nightblades and tanks while not screwing over existing staff builds completely. It also still rewards people decently for their skill and ability to weave attacks since it ensures staff builds are always maximizing the uptime when the cool down ends.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS- please remove Implosion and replace it with another passive. It is honestly the most broken ass, free, proc when damage is most critical, mindless ability in the game. You're just rewarding Stam Sorc with it.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS- please remove Templar ultimate heal from the game and replace it with something more skillful and constructive. PvE doesn't need it, and PvP doesn't want it.

That skill is brainless and just *** in the face of coordinate damage. One solo Templar casting it basically says "everything you do for the next 6 seconds doesn't matter".
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    Fast forward the video please, you'll notice at least a couple more instances where he spams it 3 times, than does a couple of combos and then he does it again twice in a row.
    Of course if you just look at the whole battle he may have used it 16 times in 127 seconds...that's because in the remaining 111 seconds he's dealing a *** ton of damage. Again, compaired to how other classes utilities work for resource management this is overperforming at the very least.
    For the record, based on the fuzzy combat log, I see the following (form of time, # of casts):
    5 second (2), 13 (1), 15(1), 42 (1), 44 (1), 57 (1), 59 (1), 1:08 (1), 1:11 (1), 1:21 (1), 1:22 (1), 1:38 (1), 1:48 (1), 1:49 (1), combat ends

The only place he does 3 in a row at the 2:12 mark, after combat is already over anyway. And, of course, he's dealing a ton of damage. As stated, he's probably one of the best SS's in the game and he's fighting pugs.

Any skill can be spammed when the resources are present.
    I'm sorry about the misinformation I gave regarding Blood Magic.
    My bad, I didn't remember it correctly as Sorcs are not my main class.
    Still, a stamsorc can regain 4% of his max health while rooting you.
    While negating you. And, since I don't use the skill, does Defensive Rune proc Blood Magic?
    All good. With the root, the healing won't happen again until the spell expires, for what it's worth, so it's not like it can be used as a spammable heal.

As to your other question, neither Rune morph procs Blood Magic, as it does no damage. (Negate morph that damages, shards, encase, and mines will proc it.)
    But yes, the healing is cut in half. That means 4k healing. 4. k. No other class utility gives you that amount of resources and health back while using your off-pool.
    Yes it does two things. It's one of the defining skills for Sorc and again, is the closest thing to a class heal they have.
    It's preposterous seeing always this kind of tone in sorc players' replies, as if they're the only players knowing how to handle the game when the vast majority of them have never consistely played another class. Like Ever.

I will try to forget you even suggest the idea of using cost increase poisons because if the only way to stop a stamsorc is using a broken, dirty, undesired by most players trick, then there is something wrong with the class balance.
    You don't hear people saying "you need cost increase poisons to stop a nightblade/templar/Dk", do you? You can simply stop them by using counters you have in your class skills...in your weapons skills tree...even in your racial skills tree.
    But with a sorc? Bash or interrupt if it's possible otherwise go on and use a broken dynamic.
    I play all the classes, I play all the roles. What I'm pointing out is that some of the difficulties discussed aren't strictly for stamsorc, but stam anything. I'm not saying that some skills don't need to be adjusted. I am saying that it's usually not the extreme that it's made out to be on average. I think people tend to focus on the exceptions more than the rule. (Fegnrush vs everyone else, in this case.)

While not a fan of poisons either, there are times I've had to slot them to deal with otherwise difficult to lock down turbo charged Bow dodging individuals. They may not be ideal counters, but they're still counters.

For the record, I have no desire to have any class or skill to be OP. They should all be comparable and have function. The gameplay and choices in combat should be the primary deciding factor. I'd like all of my characters and all of my classes to have useful purpose. I'd like all of yours to have the same.

Sadly, with the upcoming update, I'm not sure that's going to happen for anyone, so it may not even end up mattering.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leeching Strikes still sucks. A lot. In fact, it might suck more with this "buff" than it did in v3.0.1.

v3.0.2 was barely worth downloading. I'll wait to see if there's anything substantive in v3.0.3 before providing any more detailed feedback.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Leeching Strikes still sucks. A lot. In fact, it might suck more with this "buff" than it did in v3.0.1.

v3.0.2 was barely worth downloading. I'll wait to see if there's anything substantive in v3.0.3 before providing any more detailed feedback.

You know, Torug's 5 pieces + Infused weapons + Stam/Magicka glyph = Better sustain than siph attacks (and it's morphs).

Torug's reduce CD in 1 sec. Infused reduce CD a 40% -> CD = 1.5 secs aprox

CP 160 Stam/mag glyph returns 535 stam/mag (and do extra dmg). Torugs adds a 30% extra power, while infused a 20%. So you get 802 stam/magicka each 1.5 secs. Procs on all weapn attacks, including weaving.

If you translate that to the sustain language, it's like 1200 stam/mag recovery

My advice? Start farming Rubedite for that beautiful Torug's pact heavy armor. And get an infused weapon...
    Edited by Xvorg on May 5, 2017 4:03PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I would love to see a video of a ZOS developer playing a Magicka DK in Cyrodiil or battlegrounds. I'm not convinced such a thing exists. The class is now completely impotent in PVP scenarios as the wolves in Cyrodiil are greater threats than a Magicka DK.

I'm pretty sure they all play sorc.
    anyway, to be fair tho mag dk does have some advantages such as many snares and cc abilities and pretty much all of their attacks are flame based which really decimates untanky vampires (which a sizeable population of pvpers are vampires). while on the flame damage topic they also have 66% more damage to flame/poison DoT attacks (flame destro ulti). get smacked by that its GG if your getting fossilized and talons every second haha

I'm not saying mag dk is amazing, their sustain is trash and they do have their shortcomings and to be on par with other classes they do need some significant buffs
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I would love to see a video of a ZOS developer playing a Magicka DK in Cyrodiil or battlegrounds. I'm not convinced such a thing exists. The class is now completely impotent in PVP scenarios as the wolves in Cyrodiil are greater threats than a Magicka DK.

I'm pretty sure they all play sorc.
    anyway, to be fair tho mag dk does have some advantages such as many snares and cc abilities and pretty much all of their attacks are flame based which really decimates untanky vampires (which a sizeable population of pvpers are vampires). while on the flame damage topic they also have 66% more damage to flame/poison DoT attacks (flame destro ulti). get smacked by that its GG if your getting fossilized and talons every second haha

I'm not saying mag dk is amazing, their sustain is trash and they do have their shortcomings and to be on par with other classes they do need some significant buffs

That's false. The 66% extra dmg is on the status, not the dot dmg. Poison and burning status dmg is near 500 on live. It procs 3 times in 3 secs (burnin) (the first tick when you appy the status) and 7 times on 12 secs (2 secs for tick)

It's a *** of passive. Maybe it was wood 3 years ago...
    Edited by Xvorg on May 5, 2017 6:11PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    How does one exploit Repentance, wat?

The change is awful and needs to be reverted. It's not a "free cast" like Gina seems to think it is. You spend resources to get this "FREE CAST" off of a corpse.

Well, I didn't express myself correctly.
    Let's put it this way, coordinated groups that are farming resources in PvP take advantage of this once they've killed noobs and lower levels to let their tanks keep permablocking.
    Maybe exploiting is not the right word, that's why I also added that this annoying dynamic was more a L2P issue rather than a real exploit.

I also said that it's a bad change, maybe it should be slightly reviewed but it shouldn't go live like this.

Farming noobs or not, you still spend resources to be able to hit a Repentance. I mean it would be the same thing when we kill experienced players as well and Repent their bodies too.

I think they should revert the change, there was nothing wrong with it at all. You have to use resources for what ZoS thinks is a "free cast". This change hurts small-scale more than anything else. So while my friend and I are playing outnumbered, and we spend so much resources getting 2-3 kills, why should my group utility not work?

I'm not raging at you btw, but I'm just still appalled that ZoS thinks this skill is "free" and thinks this change is something good.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    Of all the things I would have thought of that smaller groups can be "accused" of when "farming" - Repentance "abusing and exploiting" would have literally been the last thing. :D
    Amazing...the things people would come up with these days...

We're filthy, abusing Repentance users c:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    Of all the things I would have thought of that smaller groups can be "accused" of when "farming" - Repentance "abusing and exploiting" would have literally been the last thing. :D
    Amazing...the things people would come up with these days...

We're filthy, abusing Repentance users c:

It's a fact that Bee got Grand Warlord by abusing free Repentance spam :smiley:
  • Radiograph
    Radiograph
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Who's smoking rock at Zos? What are we doing after 30 seconds of combat when our resources are gone? Heavy attacks? Granting us 1 ability every 3 seconds? Thats amazing gameplay! We're going to make the PVE So much harder than it is right now and give you the same *** rewards as before but 40 percent harder.. Does anyone on the dev team even play the game? Am I taking crazy pills? The loss of dps and resources that Siphoning Attacks costs isnt even worth the *** return you get from the light attacks. After casting it. You need 10 light attacks to return the original cost of the ability - Siphoning Attacks

(Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now restores less Magicka per Light or Heavy Attack, but now restores a significant amount of Magicka when the effect ends. The damn thing is 20 seconds long..

I guess I'll just not preorder this garbage and go back to FPS and looking at cat pictures on the internet. Need drugs to cope with these changes.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiograph wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Who's smoking rock at Zos? What are we doing after 30 seconds of combat when our resources are gone? Heavy attacks? Granting us 1 ability every 3 seconds?

While ZOS does need to do some adjustments, and hopefully we can see some of this in the PTS patch next week, I think that folding heavy attacks into a PVE rotation is a sign of a player problem, not a ZOS problem. This is not about resources, it is about mitigating changes in DPS across patches.

I think that most players in this game are having no problems generating the DPS they need in order to complete the content they are doing. We all know that delves are easy, but even new characters can generate the DPS they need to solo a delve. Level 50 High CP characters sneeze enough DPS to solo a delve. I suggest that a very large majority of players can muster up an amount of DPS well above what they need.

Players need a different perspective. At the price of lower DPS, there needs to be more focus on resource management and survivability, and this is going to require a different way of thinking. The good news is that the players that did not ZIP through the lower levels of the game and to start end-game really fast already learned what they need.

Don't spam abilities. Use animation canceling (weaving) with restraint. Worry less about the rotation and timing and more about situational tactics that will allow you to use fewer resources, and take less damage, while still taking down the enemy. Stay alive. You only need enough DPS in this game to kill them before they kill you.

So, problems with that. People like to play easy-mode god characters. People want to be James T Kirk, rushing in where angels fear to tread, without dying. It is powerful. It is heroic. It is fun. It makes challenging situations a whole lot easier. And, for some players, it is not going to be as easy to do with this update. DPS could be lower. TTK could be higher. Fun could be impacted. Player skill needs to be better.

Which brings me to my next problem. Player skill may need to be better. Harder content means more skill required. People who are at what I have referred to as their level of incompetence really have nowhere to go. They cannot become more skilled. They have to either drop back to content that they have the skills to handle, drop out of the game, or resign themselves to doing the best they can when that may not be good enough. ZOS needs to take a close look at this, not that they are unaware of it. Whenever they make the game harder, this has to be a concern.

And that brings me to a problem that only ZOS can fix. If the answer to being able to access end game content in this update is dropping DPS and increasing survivability and resource management, then anywhere that there is a DPS check, ZOS needs to step in and fix it. This bar needs to remain where it is, relative to the players.

Edited by Elsonso on May 6, 2017 6:13PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Who's smoking rock at Zos? What are we doing after 30 seconds of combat when our resources are gone? Heavy attacks? Granting us 1 ability every 3 seconds?

While ZOS does need to do some adjustments, and hopefully we can see some of this in the PTS patch next week, I think that folding heavy attacks into a PVE rotation is a sign of a player problem, not a ZOS problem. This is not about resources, it is about mitigating changes in DPS across patches.

I think that most players in this game are having no problems generating the DPS they need in order to complete the content they are doing. We all know that delves are easy, but even new characters can generate the DPS they need to solo a delve. Level 50 High CP characters sneeze enough DPS to solo a delve. I suggest that a very large majority of players can muster up an amount of DPS well above what they need.

Players need a different perspective. At the price of lower DPS, there needs to be more focus on resource management and survivability, and this is going to require a different way of thinking. The good news is that the players that did not ZIP through the lower levels of the game and to start end-game really fast already learned what they need.

Don't spam abilities. Use animation canceling (weaving) with restraint. Worry less about the rotation and timing and more about situational tactics that will allow you to use fewer resources, and take less damage, while still taking down the enemy. Stay alive. You only need enough DPS in this game to kill them before they kill you.

So, problems with that. People like to play easy-mode god characters. People want to be James T Kirk, rushing in where angels fear to tread, without dying. It is powerful. It is heroic. It is fun. It makes challenging situations a whole lot easier. And, for some players, it is not going to be as easy to do with this update. DPS could be lower. TTK could be higher. Fun could be impacted. Player skill needs to be better.

Which brings me to my next problem. Player skill may need to be better. Harder content means more skill required. People who are at what I have referred to as their level of incompetence really have nowhere to go. They cannot become more skilled. They have to either drop back to content that they have the skills to handle, drop out of the game, or resign themselves to doing the best they can when that may not be good enough. ZOS needs to take a close look at this, not that they are unaware of it. Whenever they make the game harder, this has to be a concern.

And that brings me to a problem that only ZOS can fix. If the answer to being able to access end game content in this update is dropping DPS and increasing survivability and resource management, then anywhere that there is a DPS check, ZOS needs to step in and fix it. This bar needs to remain where it is, relative to the players.

Well said, @lordrichter
    The fact that heavy attack builds will likely be the new meta for top endgame content doesn't mean that's the only way people can play. Many people doing easier content may opt for a bursty build that can only last 30 seconds. Do a pull where they nuke everything, and then a pull where they kite everything focusing more on regen. I do think the numbers for regen and cost reduction stuff could be brought up some to make them feel more potent, but overall it looks like there will be some different styles of play that deal with regen in different ways.
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    Edited by mainarhont on May 7, 2017 9:32AM
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    Edited by mainarhont on May 7, 2017 9:34AM
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mainarhont wrote: »
    There is no voice acting and maxillofacial animation.
    Screenshot_20170507_133341.png

Two paces from this soldier killed two of his companions - 0 emotions. Is this how it should be?
    Screenshot_20170507_160024.png

He can hardly hear what he says...
    Screenshot_20170507_162828.png
    Screenshot_20170507_163011.png

There is no voice acting and maxillofacial animation.
    Screenshot_20170507_170432.png

and here, at Drelyth Hleran
    Screenshot_20170507_170600.png

You might want to move this too the closed morrowind section of the forum... pretty sure this post is in breach of the nda
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • mainarhont
    mainarhont
    ✭✭
    Edited by mainarhont on May 7, 2017 9:35AM
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    first you let the people have 40k single target damage, and 50-60k in trials group and now you are nerfing all to like max 30 ish k dps?!!!!!???
    you let people get away with this for a long time, and now you want to be a bad cop

good luck with that

game is dying
    i see a lot of people leaving the game just cause of this silly changes
    welcome to the end
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What have you done on the PTS to be so confident?

I have done vMA 5 times and I can already tell that how you think players will adjust probably wont happen. If you "adjust" by lowering your DPS, then you will get overwhelmed by adds and you wont have the resources to mitigate and heal that damage. Your advice will get players killed. That means players must maximize their tiny resource pool to burn stuff down.

There is no "may" about it. Players are going to have to "git gud." And I got news for all the "just adapt" advocates out there. It's not just vMA. Think real hard about the Fire Maw boss in City of Ash 2: players are *not* going to be able to do this in any way but to burn down that boss because healing while killing all the adds is not going to be possible next patch. This is a daily, not end-game content.

When this patch hits, ZoS is going to get a flood of comments about how players can't complete basic content and it won't be their fault because ZoS radically changed the game. Players are going to learn damage > sustain and ZoS is going to nerf these delves and dailies even more, which will ultimately result in them being relatively easier than they are now.

This is a terrible direction to take the game. You might think people who believe as I do are shills, chicken-little, or a "vocal minority," but Morrowind is going to come as a rude surprise.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What have you done on the PTS to be so confident?

I have done vMA 5 times and I can already tell that how you think players will adjust probably wont happen. If you "adjust" by lowering your DPS, then you will get overwhelmed by adds and you wont have the resources to mitigate and heal that damage. Your advice will get players killed. That means players must maximize their tiny resource pool to burn stuff down.

There is no "may" about it. Players are going to have to "git gud." And I got news for all the "just adapt" advocates out there. It's not just vMA. Think real hard about the Fire Maw boss in City of Ash 2: players are *not* going to be able to do this in any way but to burn down that boss because healing while killing all the adds is not going to be possible next patch. This is a daily, not end-game content.

When this patch hits, ZoS is going to get a flood of comments about how players can't complete basic content and it won't be their fault because ZoS radically changed the game. Players are going to learn damage > sustain and ZoS is going to nerf these delves and dailies even more, which will ultimately result in them being relatively easier than they are now.

This is a terrible direction to take the game. You might think people who believe as I do are shills, chicken-little, or a "vocal minority," but Morrowind is going to come as a rude surprise.

I really like what you've said here. I can definitely see a lot of the content dumbed down just to compensate the changes to sustain.

Aside from this, people are already going to have enough on their plate teaching randoms to not stand behind the templar (fire maw fight got me thinking about this).
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know I tend to make long posts, and I often don't get to the point until the bottom. Thanks for the supporting information. My comments sort of cross over the whole game. I didn't really dive deeply into end game and touched very carefully on "git gud" stuff, so thanks for following up on my last two paragraphs.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashes of Creation hype!! Don't act like this game isn't Skyrim fan-boy bs.. lol
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP ESO.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is - if you have to adjust content because you made sustain changes, then what's the point of the sustain changes in the first place? Because if content has to get easier to "raise the floor" (and there is no other way to do that) then you certainly are not "lowering the ceiling" as the above average players will go through the adjusted content with the same ease than before.

All it does then is forcing a gameplay nobody ever asked for because it's boring as hell (aka the heavy attack nonsense).

I just don't get what ZOS wants to accomplish here.
    Edited by Feanor on May 8, 2017 9:00AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The thing is - if you have to adjust content because you made sustain changes, then what's the point of the sustain changes in the first place?

My guess is PVP. I'm sure it is difficult to balance PVP and PVE together - but for me personally, that's why I started playing "Skyrim Online."
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I'm going to drop my 2 cents on this coming from a player that has been here since first month of pc release. Personally I like the majority of the changes. There are a few things that I'm worried about and some of it might be overkill. I think the changes to the armor passives was overkill and what kind of healing class doesn't have any access to major mending?

Plus:changes to shards, definitely a good thing. I love that shards give magic or stam back. Shards are gonna be used for single target, orbs for aoe. I can definitely see what they were going for and I can agree wth it.

Champion point changes: handled very well. I agree that live champion setup is stale, over powered and way too mainstream. The changes to sustain are definitely a good thing in regards to the champion point system itself.

Cons: why is a class that is completely cenetered around being a healer have no access to the best healing buff. Templars should have a LIMITED access to major mending but not remove it from the class. To me that's a slap in the face to any Templar healer.

The same applies for dk's. major mending is getting removed from them essentially because of how short the shield is up. No one uses igneous for the shield at all. It's 2k. A light attack will remove it. A tick from any dot will remove it. You won't have enough up time to even pop a heal afterward. Good direction, good thought process behind the change but bad execution.

The other concern is the sustain on certain classes. Everyone is taking a damage and sustain hit but some classes get hit harder than others. I currently play a mag dk to be able to chain on the twins and to help buff the group in end game pve situations. I don't honestly know how anyone will sustain on mag dk's anymore. They're hard enough to sustain as is, and with all the regular changes to sustain, plus battle roar nerf, I can't imagine the class will be able to hold up as a valid dps. I might as well come in to the twins fight to chain and then swap toons after they're down.

I will be doing all my testing on the pts soon once I get a chance but from what I'm seeing, it will be very hard to sustain in pve.

Overall I like the idea, the direction their heading in, it's definitely a good first step and it's good that the devs are actively trying to do something about the persistent issues, but in order to make the classes as close to balanced as possible, there still needs to be some major changes.

Keep up the hard work devs and seriously don't take half the things these guys say to heart. They're always gonna bash and bash and bash when their spec gets nerfed.
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    And stamina builds just don't need nerfs at all. Magicka is king in PvE and PvP, so nerfing magicka is fine. However, stamina needs more love and buffing.

This really isn't the case for magicka nightblades. I feel like there are so few of us out there that we fall by the wayside as all the other classes start to complain about changes, where most of the complaints begin to come from stamina users. However, in the past few months we've seen stamina users receive mega buffs (at least in pvp), and granted they were then nerfed. But magicka nightblades have been taking the nerfs without ever receiving any benefits, and we've been receiving more nerfs, too.

I think they should be re-evaluating the entire nightblade class, because too much has changed that completely screws with it. The radiant magelight flagellation is finally over, but the changes over the past few months are just adding up, we've got changes to funnel health, death stroke, major evasion %, siphoning strikes, cloak, and poisons. Not to mention that agony and it's morphs are practically useless. Most other classes can do what nightblades can, but in fewer abilities.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok about the early access. Does that mean that we will have to deal with things like the price of purple motifs from the writ vendor going up a week before everyone else? and will our toons be affected by the changes also before everyone else?