Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.2

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesson learned: Never share new builds/meta for a new patch before it´s released. ZOS will just nerf it on the PTS.

Nice changes to the shards. Just one issue: It still shares cooldown with orb. Do whatever you want with the resources but sharing cooldown with orb is still a bad change. It´s taking the uniqueness from the templar class.

2nd: Why no changes to magicka DK? At the moment battle roar restore less resources than a tri-pot (last time I checked on the PTS at least). This can´t be intended? Sure I was prepared for a nerf to sustain and resourcemanegement, but a change to battle roar that big is just killing the class. And to those who say that battle roar was to strong: Have you seen the tooltip on what the skills cost for a magicka dk?? (Their skills costs a huge amount compared to other classes) DK´s need the battle roar to remain the same in order to be even decent IMO. Even now on Live it´s difficult to sustain as a magicka DK without being babysitted by a really good group (Unless you want to go full sustain and sacrifice all dps you have).
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Champion System
    • The Apprentice
      • Spell Erosion: Fixed an issue where this Champion passive was not functioning.
    • The Ritual
      • Piercing: Fixed an issue where this Champion passive was not functioning.

Were these not functioning only during the recent PTS updates, or have they also not been working on live server?
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Lesson learned: Never share new builds/meta for a new patch before it´s released. ZOS will just nerf it on the PTS.

Nice changes to the shards. Just one issue: It still shares cooldown with orb. Do whatever you want with the resources but sharing cooldown with orb is still a bad change. It´s taking the uniqueness from the templar class.

Exactly why so many people are pissed off. There's no reason a class-defining ability should provide the same bonus as an undaunted skill. Yet Wardens get several abilities and traits unique to the class only.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Eightpeaks
    Eightpeaks
    ✭✭
    Time for everyone to come to peace with the general direction of these changes. For the sake of your sanity.

They're not being reversed - at least, any time soon.
    @Hecco
    Strongbad - Khajiit NB - DC
    Heccy - Breton Sorc - DC
    Heccan - Breton Templar - DC
    Heclis - Altmer Sorc - AD

Just back to ESO thanks to Covid-19. Unfortunately I see the servers have caught it.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Edziu wrote: »
    so NB grim focus still not touched....nb will be still on bottom dps because of lack good damage in his skills lol with still removed bonus to attacks from stealth...I dont see future for this class in pve dps and open fights outside gank except just few players on server who have mastered this class

With 45% uptime of Major Slayer (if You're using soul harvest) nb can be actually in good position after update. Cheap ultimates can be nice especially nb ulti that also gives 20% dmg buff. Also about Grim Focus They said they may tweak it not that they'll tweak it for sure.

@Juhasow
    It's pretty sad that the only way an entire class is useful in PvE is if they are running 1 or 2 specific sets from the new Trial. That's not balance.

And besides, Templars and Wardens also have cheap ultimates (and much more utility).

Yes that's sad....Oh wait remind me what 99,9% mag dk's wearing right now ? BSW ? and Sorcerers ? Necropotence ? Not mentioning 2 fanged snake for every stam user. It was always part of this game that few sets is BiS nothing is changing.

Yes other classes also have cheap utimates but does that ultimates also increasing Your dmg done by 20% for 6 seconds ?
    About utility we'll see that after Morrowind release on live server. Current changes looks like they're start go get some feedback in right way.
  • Latin
    Latin
    ✭✭✭

Champion System
    • The Apprentice
      • Spell Erosion: Fixed an issue where this Champion passive was not functioning.
    • The Ritual
      • Piercing: Fixed an issue where this Champion passive was not functioning.

Were these not functioning only during the recent PTS updates, or have they also not been working on live server?

They were not working on the PTS.
  • wisej12
    wisej12
    ✭✭✭
    can Leeching Strikes be re-activated to instantly gain back resources?
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    MAGPLAR NEEDS CRESCENT SWEEP BACK.
  • MrBeatDown_
    MrBeatDown_
    ✭✭✭
    Patch notes look good. Heavy Armor Proc Set Heavy Attack Stam Dk appears to be in good shape. I like it. :)
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so NB grim focus still not touched....nb will be still on bottom dps because of lack good damage in his skills lol with still removed bonus to attacks from stealth...I dont see future for this class in pve dps and open fights outside gank except just few players on server who have mastered this class

With 45% uptime of Major Slayer (if You're using soul harvest) nb can be actually in good position after update. Cheap ultimates can be nice especially nb ulti that also gives 20% dmg buff. Also about Grim Focus They said they may tweak it not that they'll tweak it for sure.

@Juhasow
    It's pretty sad that the only way an entire class is useful in PvE is if they are running 1 or 2 specific sets from the new Trial. That's not balance.

And besides, Templars and Wardens also have cheap ultimates (and much more utility).
    Just wondering about Sorcerer's Overload with it. Will it be triggered by 1) each Overload Light Attack (that would be really OP), or 2) each Overload bar activation (can by exploited by spamming toggle then,) or 3) not activated at all (but if so, why?).

Apart from that I actually see it as a green spotlight for both Nightblades and Templars, previously covered with dust.

Edited by F7sus4 on May 2, 2017 4:24PM
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning Heavy Attacks were all we had! They were all we had left...
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prive wrote: »
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Reduced the damage bonus of this morph’s instant-cast proc to 10% from 20%.
        Developer Comments:
        Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.

If you would play your own game, you would know that there will be 0 sorcs running crystal frags in PVE

Still every sorc will run it in PvE. Now it can hit even for 50k so You're saying everyone will unslot it because it'll hit max ~45k ?... Also crystal is skill from dark magic and provides 3% spell crit buff to whole group for 20 seconds from passive.
    Edited by Juhasow on May 2, 2017 4:24PM
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, back at ZOS HQ...

*BEEP* "Mr.Mannimarco? Jenkins is here with the monthly numbers."

"Send him in Gina"

"Ummm, h-hello sir, t-thank you for-"

"On with it Jenkins, I've got a meeting with Molag Bal in 20!"

"Of course sir. It seems fun is up 11% after the Homestead patch and-"

"WHAT!? Unacceptable Jenkins. Tell the programmer slaves to nerf! Nerf everything! Nerf it all! This game isn't about fun. It's an elaborate ruse to fund my trips to Coldharbour through Crown Store purchases"

"They already did sir, you know, for Morrowind? There's a lot of outrage in the community about it right now actually. Some say they're going to qui-"

"That's fake news Jenkins perpetuated by a biased media! You've seen the size of our fan-base. It's Yuge! The largest fan base of anything that's ever been and they love us! They'll never leave and if they do, they'll be replaced. Nerf it again and then one more time! Everything must be nerfed. This picture frame? Make it smaller. This coffee mug? It holds too much liquid. Your well-fitted shirt there! Make it too big. No! Too small. Yes! mwah-ha-ha"

"But Sir, after you nerfed server resource management yesterday they were unable to finish the patch containing the other nerfs you ordered. They had to roll back the nerf so they could add more nerf"

"Hmmm, perhaps we should try to nerf nerfs...No never! But what if...Away with you Jenkins. I've got thoughts to think."

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    General
    • Fixed an issue where your Stamina Recovery would not pause when holding Sprint and not moving. Stamina is still only drained while you are moving.
    So fixed an issue where your recovery would not pause when you weren't sprinting? Doesn't sprint imply movement, not "getting ready to move?"
    • The monsters summoned from the Summon Shade ability or the Maw of the Infernal Item Set will now respond to pet commands and will change targets if you use a heavy attack.
    Command Pet should take precedence over everything else unless the target dies. So you now have the choice between directing your familiar or using heavy attacks (which aren't really optional anymore, are they?)

Both of these are asinine and unnecessary. (The command part is good, the HA breaking the command is stupid.)
    Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Luminous Shard (Spear Shards morph): This morph now causes the synergy to always restore Magicka and Stamina. It restores the current value of Magicka or Stamina to your highest maximum, and half of that value to the opposite resource.
        Developer Comments:
        • While this synergy still shares a cooldown with Necrotic Orb, it allows Templars to have a more distinct version of the synergy without making it mandatory in end-game group content.
    While this is an improvement over the last rendition of Shards I still fail to see why it takes place of orbs or vice versa.
    Other than delivery method, I fail to see the point behind rendering the 2nd skill useless. And how, exactly, does it make it not mandatory?

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Guys, we understand there are some changes in this patch that you may not agree with, or you feel additional changes are still necessary. We like to leave the PTS patch notes thread open so you can voice your feedback and concerns with us (since we are, after all, still in a testing phase). That said, personal insults or bashing our devs will not be tolerated. Moreover, these posts just aren't constructive or conducive toward making improvements. You can be honest with us, but you need to do so in a constructive manner.

In addition, keep in mind that even if one particular class or ability hasn't been adjusted, the overall balance is still affected with other changes. As always, we encourage you to hop on the PTS once maintenance is over and try these changes out for yourself in a live environment. Battlegrounds would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

@ZOS_GinaBruno Don't worry, the changes while not exactly great are at least heading in the right direction, it's just the regular forum dramaqueens crying.

You must be a magicka sorc lol
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Reduced the damage bonus of this morph’s instant-cast proc to 10% from 20%.
        Developer Comments:
        Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.

If you would play your own game, you would know that there will be 0 sorcs running crystal frags in PVE[/quote]

LOL this cracks me , its a joke RIGHT
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): This morph now increases the damage over time by approximately 30% as a morph effect.
      • Luminous Shard (Spear Shards morph): This morph now causes the synergy to always restore Magicka and Stamina. It restores the current value of Magicka or Stamina to your highest maximum, and half of that value to the opposite resource.

Ok, so if understand it correctly - sustain won't be an issue with a templar in a group since we can restore our resources back to 100%. Then what was the point of nerfing it so much - it will only punish players who are not in top groups. AND it will be mandatory to have a templar in a group, you'll see.
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comments:

Define TOO HIGH please. so that we mortal can have an idea about what is the perception of developers is towards endgame DPS numbers. Also this again shows an imbalanced effort to balance skills for PVP and PVE both at the same time as we know 10% isn't gonna change things much. Instead of 30k now it'll be 28k. And in PVE no one ever complains about frags doing too much damage, given there is not a single class spammable skill with sorcs and thsi was the only hardhitting half- spammable skill. In my opinion this change was not really needed or is not to the effect as desired for PVP.

Much higher than another class played by the same player (or a player of equal skill)can do. You're welcome. (and yes it's too high. I know a player who played NB since release and was on of the best NB dps in game. He know made a sorc and links 42k eledrained parses while sitting deep into low to mid 30s on his NB). And yes people were complaining about shard's damage - about all damage actually, shard just got nerfed because of pvp.

Unlikely. Having to use soul harvest = not using an actual damaging ulti like destro or meteor. And those are a huge chunk of NB's dps. We'll have to test and see the numbers, but I doubt it that trading those ultis for major slayer will be that good.

I can't check my saved skeleton parses, cant' login right now, but I went through some screenshots saved and I see that ulti is around 15% of damage in vmol. So trading 15% of damage for the 45% uptime of the buff that gives 15% of damage doesn't sound like such a great deal, to be honest.
    Guys, we understand there are some changes in this patch that you may not agree with, or you feel additional changes are still necessary. We like to leave the PTS patch notes thread open so you can voice your feedback and concerns with us (since we are, after all, still in a testing phase). That said, personal insults or bashing our devs will not be tolerated. Moreover, these posts just aren't constructive or conducive toward making improvements. You can be honest with us, but you need to do so in a constructive manner.

In addition, keep in mind that even if one particular class or ability hasn't been adjusted, the overall balance is still affected with other changes. As always, we encourage you to hop on the PTS once maintenance is over and try these changes out for yourself in a live environment. Battlegrounds would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

I'm sorry, but you need to stop this. Care about the content, not the form please. If you are going to ignore feedback just because it's not constructive or someone is insulted - that's not professional. You need to understand that people are unhappy with the changes, so in a way devs didn't earn not to be bashed. How many more threads do you need to understand?
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno hello, good afternoon

Just looking for clarity, I do not know if this is intended or a side effect of reworking passives. Reading the patch notices I don't see anything regarding the resto staff granting of major mending with how it works with rite of passage and morphs. I'll also through in the resto ult panacea into the breakdown.

Currently using rite of passage, run focus, morphs etc cause major mending to be triggered.

With Morrowind that's being changed to minor, cool!! So there is now an easier potential to stack minor+major outside of set usage however there's a catch (and not the trade off kind)...

Resto heavy grants major mending for 3 seconds

Remembrance lasts 4 seconds

Practiced Incantation lasts for 6 seconds.

The resto ult panacea lasts for 5 seconds. (This I never really understood. It should, to me, be 3 seconds matching the time given for the resto heavy or 6 seconds, allowing a second to cast the ult then having major mending up for the entire 5 seconds.)

So there is a 1, 3, and 2 second drop of respectively. To me it feels like an unintended side effect of reworking Templars. The drop of feels a bit clunky too, I'm struggling to find the right word to describe it but it just doesn't feel right. For Remembrance this is less pronounced but for Practiced Incantation the 3 second drop off is half the time the ultimate is up.

Is this working as intended?
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rip DK's

Dead class now. Templars at least got worked on again even nightblades got help
    i wouldnt say that about dk they are still super strong just a big skill gap thats all :)
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »

@Juhasow

Just wondering about Sorcerer's Overload with it. Will it be triggered by 1) each Overload Light Attack (that would be really OP), or 2) each Overload bar activation (can by exploited by spamming toggle then,) or 3) not activated at all (but if so, why?).

Apart from that I actually see it as a green spotlight for both Nightblades and Templars, previously covered with dust.

Tested. It does not proc with Overload at all :wink: Possibly because 1st option would give Sorcerers supermancy in trials by organized overload spamming one by one and 2nd could be also exploited ( You would throw liquid , blockade , pet curse and then overload on and off 6 times)
    Edited by Juhasow on May 2, 2017 4:30PM
  • Orbital
    Orbital
    ✭✭✭
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comments:

If you would play your own game, you would know that there will be 0 sorcs running crystal frags in PVE

Still every sorc will run it in PvE. Now it can hit even for 50k so You're saying everyone will unslot it because it'll hit max ~45k ?... Also crystal is skill from dark magic and provides 3% spell crit buff to whole group for 20 seconds from passive.

you will not have the resources to constantly weave forcepulse so it wont proc often, sorcs dont use this anymore
    Edited by Orbital on May 2, 2017 4:28PM
    Axphykz.
    Tank
    Proud Member Of Vitality
    Spotless Triumph
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    XB1 EU
    PC EU
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-CP is already tough to sustain as it is, please help out a magplar healer.
    Sorc is way to strong and with the upcoming nerfs it'll just stay strong.

I've tested on PTS and it's not going to end well if these things dont get fixed before june.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orbital wrote: »
    Tri Focus: This passive’s splash damage with Lightning Staves is no longer increased by damage modifiers.
    Developer Comments:

Area of Effect damage with Lightning Staff Heavy Attacks is currently too high, due to how the splash damage from Tri Focus “double dips” in damage modifiers; the damage modifier would first multiply the Heavy Attack damage, then also multiply the Tri Focus splash damage. This resulted in the splash damage being higher than the damage on the initial target, instead of the intended 100%.

R.I.P

WHY
    YOU MADE THE HEAVY ATTACK META
    NOW YOU NERF HEAVY ATTACK
    WTF

Maybe because it was working for magica builds only?
    Lightning heavy attack is OP in the current infinite sustain meta.
    In a limited resource environment the skill will be twice as OP - why? - because it does ton of damage and restore resources!

I truly believe that this is a good fix and will bring stamina DPS closer to magica ones.

Please fix RNG tho. It hurts my qualitative game-play!
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Draqone wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno Don't worry, the changes while not exactly great are at least heading in the right direction, it's just the regular forum dramaqueens crying.

You must be a magicka sorc lol

Naah, I am a templar healer. I like the shards change, allowing them to restore a significant amount of magicka while giving them the orbs cooldown is a worthwhile trade-off.

It'll actually free up a slot on my bar, which I might use for something funky like Guard (PTS testing impending).
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    "We appreciate and encourage your feedback!"

Appreciate how it keeps your interactions high and reminds you to clear your trash folders?

Seriously, if you're just going to blatantly ignore us then stop pretending you aren't. We aren't children, we can handle it.
    unban my first account thanks
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving these patch notes more and more. The top PVE guilds: Hodor/Aquila/G+G from EU + Mech from NA will adapt like usual and prove why they're the best in their regions and in the World.

PvP? Infinite sustain is gone. Thank ***.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orbital wrote: »
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comments:

you will not have the resources to constantly weave forcepulse so it wont proc often, sorcs dont use this anymore

As I mentioned frag also provides 3% spell crit buff to whole group that more then enough to keep it. It's also cheap so every time it'll proc it'll be nice to have cheap instant high dmg ability even if You'll not use it often. It'll stay on sorcs bars for sure.
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silky wrote: »
    I really hope you guys are quick to respond when you realize how much of a disaster this is once the patch goes live.

How will it be a disaster ?
    bring dps down so content in the game takes skill on sted of just button smashing
    i think a lot of the changers are good and will help the game out a lot
    people just cant look past it and see the big picture of what ZOS is trying to do :)
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »

Unlikely. Having to use soul harvest = not using an actual damaging ulti like destro or meteor. And those are a huge chunk of NB's dps. We'll have to test and see the numbers, but I doubt it that trading those ultis for major slayer will be that good.
    There are competitive single-target DPS parses optimizing Soul harvest as a spammable Ultimate only because of damage buff it provides. With the Major Slayer ~40-50% uptime it's not impossible to imagine it being quite OP in this particular scenario. Obviously this doesn't apply to any fights involving huge amounts of AoE.

Edited by F7sus4 on May 2, 2017 8:11PM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was thinking that would work well with a mag sorc too. Was running ICP with a guildie who was using a decisive vMA staff.He was able to get one every 19 seconds.