Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.2

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nevermind, I know what happened to my last post... :angry:

The fact STILL remains that you as a Development company are BLATANTLY ignoring the Feedback of your players.

There is very real rage and concern on these Forums, Reddit, your every Facebook post, and Twitter (as well as a host of other video-game-centric public forums) over the direction that you as a company are moving with these patches.

We, as testers, are; offering suggestions for a different approach, telling you in a litany of different methods that we do not approve of these changes, and are offering up hard evidence and strong, well-calculated numbers to support and defend our positions.

But with every patch you release into this PTS cycle, it becomes more and more apparent that, as an entire company, ZOS is ignoring the very Feedback that they're begging us for simply because it does not go along with their abortive "vision".

This most recent patch, and the notes released about it this very day, took what you had done over the last two patches and made the situation even worse.

Despite MOUNTAINS of evidence and waves of discontent over what changes are coming with Morrowind; there's nothing, NOTHING to address or fix:

- The removal of the Sustain and Cost Reduction nodes in the Mage/Thief CP trees, nor any word about the overwhelming disapproval of such from the Players themselves.
    - The removal/sever reduction of Resource Return mechanics supplied by Light/Heavy attacks, nor the sever community disapproval of such changes.
    - The removal/reduction of Resource returns/Cost reduction provided for by Light/Medium/Heavy armor Passive Skills, nor the overwhelming Player disapproval of such changes.
    - The destruction of the Dragon Knight class (of which the changes are too many to relate in this post), nor the sever community disapproval of these changes.
    - The destruction of the Nightblade Class Skills (again; too many negative changes to list in one post) that result in the homogenization of the class, nor any word of the vast Player disapproval of such changes.
    - The destruction of the Templar class and any/all Healing builds for this class (which is a core design element of the Templar class), nor the deep and deepening community disapproval of these changes.

All of these bullet points have been accompanied by small NOVELS worth of alternate suggestions and hard evidence over how these changes are going to negatively affect the game; yet you have nothing, NOT EVEN A SINGLE WORD to say about the internet-wide negative reactions to the changes that you're trying to force upon us.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF YOUR PLAYERS DO NOT APPROVE OF THESE CHANGES, ZOS!!!

Yet you can't even afford a simple mention that you're taking our problems, concerns, and alternative suggestions into consideration.

You're just powering on, making changes to the game that; upon being tested by your very own players AS YOU ASKED US TO DO, you are condescendingly disregarding any/all Feedback that doesn't give your changes glowing, god-like praise.

So I'll ask again.

After we've brought up all of these issues, alternative suggestions, issues with the game going forward (directly cause by these changes), and our comprehensive and vast disapproval of these changes; why are you ignoring us?

Because without addressing these concerns that we're voicing, regardless of how negative these viewpoints may be, all we can assume is that you're flat-out ignoring us in order to force unwanted changes upon us.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THESE CHANGES AS THEY STAND RIGHT NOW ON THIS PTS!!!

And you, as a development company, desperately need to acknowledge that vast majority.
    Edited by Uriel_Nocturne on May 2, 2017 5:50PM

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• OrdinatorInMourning
    Stop crying. Do you want balance? See: no more DK with infinite block, no more sustainable full-tanks with a lot of damage, no more incredible DPS in Trials thanks to which vTrials were easy for good group. Accept those changes and learn to play or... or quite ESO, heuh :/
    PC/EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like we have to hope that something changes until 6.6 we have 4 more weeks maybe the history will protect us

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop crying. Do you want balance? See: no more DK with infinite block, no more sustainable full-tanks with a lot of damage, no more incredible DPS in Trials thanks to which vTrials were easy for good group. Accept those changes and learn to play or... or quite ESO, heuh :/

Good luck playing with/against other sorcs/Wardens...

People is seriously considering leaving the game... and that's bad for sorcs... Adapt to that, or die...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Edziu wrote: »
    so NB grim focus still not touched....nb will be still on bottom dps because of lack good damage in his skills lol with still removed bonus to attacks from stealth...I dont see future for this class in pve dps and open fights outside gank except just few players on server who have mastered this class

With 45% uptime of Major Slayer (if You're using soul harvest) nb can be actually in good position after update. Cheap ultimates can be nice especially nb ulti that also gives 20% dmg buff. Also about Grim Focus They said they may tweak it not that they'll tweak it for sure.

@Juhasow
    It's pretty sad that the only way an entire class is useful in PvE is if they are running 1 or 2 specific sets from the new Trial. That's not balance.

And besides, Templars and Wardens also have cheap ultimates (and much more utility).

Yes that's sad....Oh wait remind me what 99,9% mag dk's wearing right now ? BSW ? and Sorcerers ? Necropotence ? Not mentioning 2 fanged snake for every stam user. It was always part of this game that few sets is BiS nothing is changing.

Yes other classes also have cheap utimates but does that ultimates also increasing Your dmg done by 20% for 6 seconds ?
    About utility we'll see that after Morrowind release on live server. Current changes looks like they're start go get some feedback in right way.

Also do not forget that NB's have way better Ulti generation then any other class atm.
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they are going to make staff heavy attack animations shorter and that is why they reduced the damage from tri-focus.

You're too naive lol.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THESE CHANGES AS THEY STAND RIGHT NOW ON THIS PTS!!!

The vast majority of players also was saying that sets from vMoL will be meh and that noone will use destro ultimate but everyone will run with 2hand ultimate.
    The vast majority of players only cares about their butts and dont want anything that can bring ballance and improvements on longer terms if that affects them in patch notes.

The "vast majority" of players 1st of all isnt the vast but the loudest and voice of the "vast majority" of players is many times wrong and too noisy and bring no feedback just whining which flood the forum like some cracked floodgate.

EDITED
    Also forgot to mention that the "vast majority of players" also CRIES FOR BUFFS to play better and easier but when more experienced players lay their hand on the same things and starts to be overpowered and beating "vast majority" of players in every aspect the same "vast majority" of players CRIES FOR NERFS and then when nerfs come "vast majority" whining even louder.

Edited by Juhasow on May 3, 2017 3:09PM
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOWWWW the first patch notes without a templar nerf... im at a loss of words!!

FINALLY... THANKS ZOS
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Guys, we understand there are some changes in this patch that you may not agree with, or you feel additional changes are still necessary. We like to leave the PTS patch notes thread open so you can voice your feedback and concerns with us (since we are, after all, still in a testing phase). That said, personal insults or bashing our devs will not be tolerated. Moreover, these posts just aren't constructive or conducive toward making improvements. You can be honest with us, but you need to do so in a constructive manner.

In addition, keep in mind that even if one particular class or ability hasn't been adjusted, the overall balance is still affected with other changes. As always, we encourage you to hop on the PTS once maintenance is over and try these changes out for yourself in a live environment. Battlegrounds would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

@ZOS_GinaBruno Don't worry, the changes while not exactly great are at least heading in the right direction, it's just the regular forum dramaqueens crying.

this is a corporate spy from a rival mmo if I've ever seen one
  • OrdinatorInMourning
    Xvorg wrote: »

People is seriously considering leaving the game... and that's bad for sorcs... Adapt to that, or die...

My main is Sorcerer but it really doesn't matter. People accepted Homestead and they might accept Morrowind if they really love ESO :)
    PC/EU.
  • beatonthis
    Wow people really need to calm down lol. The changes to sustain are not as bad as everyone is making out to be, I really think more ppl need to actually get on the pts and TEST the patches before claiming the end of the world... it took me maybe 5mins per toon to adjust my spec to be able to self sustain almost as well as live, with only maybe 2 or 3 extra heavy attacks.

My DPS on most classes only drop at most 2k dps over live... granted im not doing the 40k meta-slaves are, but i do more than enough for the content im currently running (i tend to average around 20k on the dummies, in mostly purple dungeon/crafted gear+gold enchants..too expensive to upgrade 12 alts multiple sets to gold lol)

I suffer from Altitis, and really wish Morrowind came with 1 free character slot (with 2 more purchasable still).
    NBs - Ellure Starfire (main, hybrid), Lillah (Mag Heals/DPS), Miraculous Ladydog (Stam, Tank)
    Templars - Fustercluckk (Mag, Healer), Alastagiel (Mag, Tank), Hamish Campbell (Stam, DPS)
    Sorcs - Guy in a Furry Suit (Stam, DPS), Earl Sinclair (Mag, Tank), Baindis (Mag, Healer)
    DKs - Do'Sinner (Stam, DPS), Ron Jeremy (Mag, Heals/DPS), Fladenthor (Mag, Tank)
  • Nazarousb14_ESO
    Nazarousb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Orbital wrote: »
    Tri Focus: This passive’s splash damage with Lightning Staves is no longer increased by damage modifiers.
    Developer Comments:

Area of Effect damage with Lightning Staff Heavy Attacks is currently too high, due to how the splash damage from Tri Focus “double dips” in damage modifiers; the damage modifier would first multiply the Heavy Attack damage, then also multiply the Tri Focus splash damage. This resulted in the splash damage being higher than the damage on the initial target, instead of the intended 100%.

R.I.P

WHY
    YOU MADE THE HEAVY ATTACK META
    NOW YOU NERF HEAVY ATTACK
    WTF

Not only is it over producing, it has a complete sustain for aoe, where now stamina users drop two aoes and steel tornado 3 times and they are out of resources.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nevermind, I know what happened to my last post... :angry:
    Speaking from my own experience - I'd strongly recommend you to stop if you don't want to see "Permission denied" in red box while attempting forum login anytime soon. They don't really enjoy anything being spit in their face - be it truth or a flower or razor caltrops. ;)

Still... the facts are that many of the changes are outrageous in the form they are right now and we're not really getting any feedback on what the actual direction is. So if that could change at least by tiny bit, @ZOS_GinaBruno - most of us would be really happy. Or at least not that much unhappy. ;)

I must admit that it's really disheartening to see so much utterly wasted feedback from highly knowledgeable players providing either top end-game experience or in-depth step-by-step class/skill analysis or even crazy-ass math to cover/prove/disprove any possible solutions leading to smoother and balanced gameplay and stable meta. All of that wasted for self-proclaimed outsourced intelligent agent pulling the strings. (At least this is how the "hard-data analyzing organ" was described in latest ESOlive.)

Edited by F7sus4 on May 2, 2017 5:56PM
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orbital wrote: »
    Tri Focus: This passive’s splash damage with Lightning Staves is no longer increased by damage modifiers.
    Developer Comments:

Area of Effect damage with Lightning Staff Heavy Attacks is currently too high, due to how the splash damage from Tri Focus “double dips” in damage modifiers; the damage modifier would first multiply the Heavy Attack damage, then also multiply the Tri Focus splash damage. This resulted in the splash damage being higher than the damage on the initial target, instead of the intended 100%.

R.I.P

WHY
    YOU MADE THE HEAVY ATTACK META
    NOW YOU NERF HEAVY ATTACK
    WTF

Not only is it over producing, it has a complete sustain for aoe, where now stamina users drop two aoes and steel tornado 3 times and they are out of resources.

You mean an aoe that you have to channel...?
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My main is Sorcerer but it really doesn't matter. People accepted Homestead and they might accept Morrowind if they really love ESO :)

sounds like somebody stuck in an abusive relationship. Its ok she cheats on you man you accept it cause you really love her and now that she's stealing your stuff to pay for her dates it' doesn't matter you'll accept it if you really love her
  • Traybair_ESO
    Traybair_ESO
    ✭✭
    Akimbro wrote: »
    Pretty sure they are going to make staff heavy attack animations shorter and that is why they reduced the damage from tri-focus.

You're too naive lol.

They mentioned possibly making heavy attacks faster on the last ESO Live. Just trying to make sense of the change. Nothing more.
  • Seyer530PC
    Seyer530PC
    ✭✭
    #removeprocsets2017
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    sounds like somebody stuck in an abusive relationship. Its ok she cheats on you man you accept it cause you really love her and now that she's stealing your stuff to pay for her dates it' doesn't matter you'll accept it if you really love her
    Which is exactly the way PvE players love their Nightblades right now. <3
  • OrdinatorInMourning
    HiImRex wrote: »

If you dislike this "abuse" you can enjoy unkillable tanks in PVP further :)
    PC/EU.
  • jediprime74
    jediprime74
    ✭✭✭
    beatonthis wrote: »
    Wow people really need to calm down lol. The changes to sustain are not as bad as everyone is making out to be, I really think more ppl need to actually get on the pts and TEST the patches before claiming the end of the world... it took me maybe 5mins per toon to adjust my spec to be able to self sustain almost as well as live, with only maybe 2 or 3 extra heavy attacks.

My DPS on most classes only drop at most 2k dps over live... granted im not doing the 40k meta-slaves are, but i do more than enough for the content im currently running (i tend to average around 20k on the dummies, in mostly purple dungeon/crafted gear+gold enchants..too expensive to upgrade 12 alts multiple sets to gold lol)

Well, I stand corrected. I guess those of us running vet trials should just ignore the substantial DPS loss we're seeing on the PTS? (Or, to be honest, since I am a console pleb, the DPS loss I am seeing top tier DPS players illustrate in their videos).

Obviously, the closer a player is to the front end of the curve the more these changes will impact their gameplay.
    Guildmaster of Fool's Errand, PvX/social, beginner to endgame Guild.

Guildmaster of Fools for the Pact an Ebonheart Pact PvP Guild.

• ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luminous Shard (Spear Shards morph): This morph now causes the synergy to always restore Magicka and Stamina. It restores the current value of Magicka or Stamina to your highest maximum, and half of that value to the opposite resource.

Good. I'll try some more dungeons and see if they're less miserable now.

Templars still have crowd control options with other abilities such as Piercing Javelin, Eclipse, and Focused Charge.

Eclipse. Right. In much the same way Healing Ritual is a useful 'spammable' AOE heal.

Do you even templar?

sigh
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The vast majority of players also was saying that sets from vMoL will be meh and that noone will use destro ultimate but everyone will run with 2hand ultimate.
    The vast majority of players only cares about their butts and dont want anything that can bring ballance and improvements on longer terms if that affects them in patch notes.

The "vast majority" of players 1st of all isnt the vast but the loudest and voice of the "vast majority" of players is many times wrong and too noisy and bring no feedback just whining which flood the forum like some cracked floodgate.

EDITED
    Also forgot to mention that the "vast majority of players" also CRIES FOR BUFFS to play better and easier but when more experienced players lay their hand on the same things and starts to be overpowered and beating "vast majority" of players in every aspect the same "vast majority" of players CRIES FOR NERFS.

Actually I think you wrong and the original poster is right....

Most people I have talked do not like this patch in fact in game I have not come across anyone that does that does like the changes that have actually tested... It's not the loudest it's most of the games population.... Stam was just nailed those people are the loudest ...this will be a game of staves and casting after this patch ....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh nice that sneaky NDA change to anything not only the Morrowind things
  • isT
    isT
    ✭✭
    Players feel a step back each patch, which is kind of the opposite of what a MMO game should do. That's the reason behind all the complaining, not necessarily because the balance is needed.

This is truly a bigger picture that is being overlooked both by whining playerbase here and most definitely devs.

Purely PvE perspective following.

You just cannot have casual idea of nerfing core system on which playstyle and individual performance is based without introducing changes that would enable same level of competing, in whatever design. Developers premise of "sustain management being more powerful than intended" might be partially true, but the precise problem why it ended like this is heavily missed here.

ESO has chosen the "hard road" on release by introducing no cooldown on skills usage, and thus lost more conventional means of controlling balance. Even more of an issue is how hits are registering (direct hit, dot, aoe, you name it) and animation connected with it (even boss mechanics are not synchronized with animations). None of these has really improved through years, result being top/smart players learned precisely how to get best results with theorycrafting and minimizing downtime on skill usage. Precisely this is driving force of the game so far, building most efficient possible damage output of raiding group (of course with standard positioning and communication tactics). Attempting to take it out without implementing something else which is desirable is pure betrayal of your playerbase. There is also an illusion damage output will become lower enough to make "playing more challenging by considering other aproaches", or whatever was argument on start of pts. This brings us to next point, game difficulty.

It is short answer, game has no real difficulty for skilled organized raiding guild, there is nothing. HM of any trial, now that game is not new anymore, very soon becomes business as usual. Almost everything in trials has naive script, and rarely there is individual or 3-4 man task that need to be carried out in timed or very precise fashion. All players should be overwhelmed by tasks raidboss requires and thus bring level of excitement of doing it, and not just standing in place 80% of time, smashing keyboard and getting high numbers for boasting purposes. Differentiating "normal" from "veteran" mode by simply making some abilities hit harder is not making it harder, but just taking bit longer to master it. There are no things like enrage timer, stack/spread mechanics, true adds phases, puzzle decisions, or tons of other ideas that are implemented in successful mmo raids. It is very delusional to think you need not implement versions of ideas which were already made somewhere else. There cannot be something completely new in postmodern era.

In short, there is nothing good with pts changes and path developers took. Doing exactly opposite and giving players options of how to approach their role, to be powerful and still balanced in respect to other specializations, while raising the bar that needs to be met for completing the challenge, would bring more excitement (and $ yeah...).

Everything with Morrowind is currently looking very cheap and $ hungry. We can fool ourself how something is nice, but it is only details, bigger picture is unfortunately nowhere to be seen.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): This morph now increases the damage over time by approximately 30% as a morph effect.
      • Luminous Shard (Spear Shards morph): This morph now causes the synergy to always restore Magicka and Stamina. It restores the current value of Magicka or Stamina to your highest maximum, and half of that value to the opposite resource.

*Sigh* And here I was looking forward to seeing some diversity in the healer department at endgame. Templars return to being the only healers people will want in Trials again. Sharing a Cooldown with Orbs just makes Non Templar Healers a hindrance again if they try to pass out orbs as it will be less effective than Shards, which it already was with its higher cost, slow travel time and pathing issues. Even Warden is going to be questionable now to bring to trials for the same reason.

Seriously, if you're going to make Templars the only viable resource battery for end game, can you at least make other classes have something useful to bring to the table as far as healing goes.

Have NB's be the Dodge/HoT Healers, making enemies miss attacks thru dodge chance or the old "blind" debuff while their HoTs cover the abilities that get thru.
    DK can be shield/mitigation healers
    Sorcerers can be the pet healer/buffer
    Argonian forever
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akselmo wrote: »
    I feel terribly sorry to anyone who has to moderate these threads.

That's what you get when you make a deal with the devil.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Seyer530PC
    Seyer530PC
    ✭✭
    RIP my glorious stam DK.

Oh no, not your fotm character! Jk, miss you!
    Edited by Seyer530PC on May 2, 2017 6:04PM
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    8o1841wapd8y.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where your Stamina Recovery would not pause when holding Sprint and not moving. Stamina is still only drained while you are moving.
    • The monsters summoned from the Summon Shade ability or the Maw of the Infernal Item Set will now respond to pet commands and will change targets if you use a heavy attack.
    • Fixed an issue where NPCs would always detect you when you were sneaking around them.

Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Death Stroke: Fixed an issue where this ability and the Soul Harvest morph’s damage was being mitigated off the target’s Physical Resistance instead of their Spell Resistance.
    • Siphoning
      • Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now restores less Stamina per Light or Heavy Attack, but now restores a significant amount of Stamina when the effect ends.
      • Siphoning Attacks (Siphoning Strikes morph): This morph now restores less Magicka per Light or Heavy Attack, but now restores a significant amount of Magicka when the effect ends.
      • Siphoning Strikes: Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
        Developer Comments:
        While the overall resources restored by the Siphoning Strikes abilities and morphs should remain roughly the same, these changes make the abilities more consistent and convenient for all Nightblades. They now take fewer attacks to recoup the cost, and can be activated when you are near-empty on resources. They are also more effective even if you are not perfectly weaving Light Attacks which is desirable for tanks and healers who spend more time blocking or healing.

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Reduced the damage bonus of this morph’s instant-cast proc to 10% from 20%.
        Developer Comments:
        Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.
    • Storm Calling
      • Bolt Escape: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could fail to function in some locations.

Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): This morph now increases the damage over time by approximately 30% as a morph effect.
      • Luminous Shard (Spear Shards morph): This morph now causes the synergy to always restore Magicka and Stamina. It restores the current value of Magicka or Stamina to your highest maximum, and half of that value to the opposite resource.
      • Spear Shards: This ability and the Luminous Shard morph no longer disorient an enemy. It also now deals moderate additional damage over time after the spear lands.
        Developer Comments:
        There are three main goals behind the changes to Spear Shards and its morphs. First, we want the design of Spear Shards to be more clearly focused – it’s a powerful area of effect damage ability with a prominent synergy. Templars still have crowd control options with other abilities such as Piercing Javelin, Eclipse, and Focused Charge. This also prevents scenarios where the disorient on this ability would be a detriment; since Spear Shards could proc Burning Light, there would frequently be situations where the disorient broke immediately and gave your enemy a “free” crowd control immunity.

Second, we wanted to lower the damage gap between the Luminous Shards and Blazing Spear morph choices. Blazing Spear is still ideal for raw damage, but it is no longer such a prominent difference; you won’t feel as penalized if you want to sacrifice some damage to have better group utility.

Finally, we’ve buffed the Luminous Shard synergy to return more resources. While this synergy still shares a cooldown with Necrotic Orb, it allows Templars to have a more distinct version of the synergy without making it mandatory in end-game group content.
      • Piercing Javelin: Increased the knockback range of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 5 meters.
        Developer Comments:
        Increasing the knockback distance of these abilities gives them a stronger niche from other crowd control abilities, and also opens up more opportunities for using that knockback with deadly results in areas with treacherous terrain (such as Battlegrounds).
    • Dawn’s Wrath
      • Backlash: Fixed an issue where the final damage dealt by this ability and its morphs was not respecting its damage limit when used against damage shields.
    • Restoring Light
      • Rushed Ceremony: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs would occasionally not display their full animation.

Weapon
    • Destruction Staff
      • Tri Focus: This passive’s splash damage with Lightning Staves is no longer increased by damage modifiers.
        Developer Comments:

Guild
    • Fighters Guild
      • Dawnbreaker: Fixed an issue where the damage from this ability and its morphs was being mitigated off the target’s Spell Resistance instead of their Physical Resistance.

Champion System
    • The Apprentice
      • Spell Erosion: Fixed an issue where this Champion passive was not functioning.
    • The Ritual
      • Piercing: Fixed an issue where this Champion passive was not functioning.

Slight buff to Nightblades from 3.0
    Slight nerf to Sorcs
    Slight buff to Templars from 3.0

They did do some listening
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys, we understand there are some changes in this patch that you may not agree with, or you feel additional changes are still necessary. We like to leave the PTS patch notes thread open so you can voice your feedback and concerns with us (since we are, after all, still in a testing phase). That said, personal insults or bashing our devs will not be tolerated. Moreover, these posts just aren't constructive or conducive toward making improvements. You can be honest with us, but you need to do so in a constructive manner.

In addition, keep in mind that even if one particular class or ability hasn't been adjusted, the overall balance is still affected with other changes. As always, we encourage you to hop on the PTS once maintenance is over and try these changes out for yourself in a live environment. Battlegrounds would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

Battlegrounds would be a perfect place to do so,.........if everybody is able to play them. You forgot that some did not recieved the beta invite and can't join in.

Any advice how to increase the likehood of getting the beta invite?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Are you kidding me right now? Thats it? You call that a nerf to sorcerers? I'm just in shock right now...but dont worry guys the frags that hit you for 9k will now only hit you for 8k!!! Woohoo thats the only thing op about sorcs!!!

^^^

The balance is so bad atm.... I can't even....