The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should PVP Be Removed From ESO?

• mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    because this poll is pointless its just a troll post
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    OP, if you didn't want any "drama or indecency" in you're thread, then maybe you shouldn't have asked a question like this. You have now summoned the wrath of the entire PvP crowd.

Getting rid of PvP would be, you guessed it, idiotic. If you think people are upset about the recent natch potes, you have no idea how much raging, and players leaving the game, there would be if PvP was removed.

PvP wouldn't ever be removed like this though of course because even Zeni doesn't make mistakes that large.

Either this is a troll poll or OP tried PvP once, got beaten by other people, and then never went back in.

@Stovahkiin Hm? Troll poll, or tried PvP once and got beaten? Never went back in? Lol. Bruh, I used to be a hardcore PvP'er. In fact, I used to love PvP so much that I completely cut myself off from PvE entirely for months. Yeah. I was that much of a fan of it. Mind you, this was way back when there were HUGE waves of people constantly going at it. The zergs you know of nowadays? Hardly a zerg compared to back in the good ole' days.

And here's the kicker... There was little to no lag, and or performance issues at all at hand during these massive conflicts. There was also a hell of a lot more balance, than there is now. Even with stamina regenerating while blocking, dynamic ultimate, meteors being able to be reflected, Sorcerers being able to Bolt Escape way more, and shield durations being much longer.

Lol. You need to your homework, comrade. PvP is a joke nowadays. What do you know about seeing maybe 80 versus 80 popping off at any given time at multiple keeps? Not even during prime time? Hm? There's videos of these days on YT. See it for yourself.

There has been significant improvements to PvP performance over the past year or so you know. And what's your point? Just because there aren't as many people playing now means that it should be deleted outright?

Significant improvements to PvP compared to back then? LMAO! Fam', I don't remember keep doors failing to let you inside as much back then. I don't remember gap-closing into loading screens being a regular thing, or having seemingly infinite load screens after capturing a keep back then either. I don't remember exploits like people gap closing into keeps either, nor people glitching out scrolls back then. Lol. Funny enough, I don't remember getting macro-sliced back then either.

But significant improvements, eh'? Okay. Lol. We are all entitled to our opinions. And if that's your opinion, then so be it. You have that right to stand by that.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I don't like PVP and I feel that a good chunk of the PVP only people are just down right rude, but it shouldn't be removed. It is a feature in the game that makes people happy.

Not to mention could you imagine the backlash? It'd be awful. I wouldn't miss it much but I know a lot of people will and I rather not see that.

They just need to find the correct balance and nerfing everyone to the ground isn't it. But they will figure it out one day. Besides there will always be opposing opinions, some say PVE is too easy, some say PVE is too hard because PVP related nerfs. Clearly these two both can't be right.
    Edited by coop500 on April 29, 2017 3:11PM
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    Of course not, it's a very important part of the game, what they should do is separate pvp and pve.
  • otis67
    otis67
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    no. Because no.
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Nice troll thread.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    If Zeni was going to make any significant change to the game regarding PvP, I imagine they would finally start balancing the game seperately, at least partially. Getting rid of PvP would drive a lot of people away from the game completely (Yes, there are quite a lot of people that still do PvP). Meanwhile, simply balancing them seperately wouldn't drive any players away, unless they somehow screwed it up.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I'm starting to notice that a lot of posters aren't really giving a solid reasoning as to why it should stay. A few people have given reasonable reasons why it should remain, and I can definitely agree with and or understand their logic. Others? Not so much.
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    OP, if you didn't want any "drama or indecency" in you're thread, then maybe you shouldn't have asked a question like this. You have now summoned the wrath of the entire PvP crowd.

Getting rid of PvP would be, you guessed it, idiotic. If you think people are upset about the recent natch potes, you have no idea how much raging, and players leaving the game, there would be if PvP was removed.

PvP wouldn't ever be removed like this though of course because even Zeni doesn't make mistakes that large.

Either this is a troll poll or OP tried PvP once, got beaten by other people, and then never went back in.

@Stovahkiin Hm? Troll poll, or tried PvP once and got beaten? Never went back in? Lol. Bruh, I used to be a hardcore PvP'er. In fact, I used to love PvP so much that I completely cut myself off from PvE entirely for months. Yeah. I was that much of a fan of it. Mind you, this was way back when there were HUGE waves of people constantly going at it. The zergs you know of nowadays? Hardly a zerg compared to back in the good ole' days.

And here's the kicker... There was little to no lag, and or performance issues at all at hand during these massive conflicts. There was also a hell of a lot more balance, than there is now. Even with stamina regenerating while blocking, dynamic ultimate, meteors being able to be reflected, Sorcerers being able to Bolt Escape way more, and shield durations being much longer.

Lol. You need to your homework, comrade. PvP is a joke nowadays. What do you know about seeing maybe 80 versus 80 popping off at any given time at multiple keeps? Not even during prime time? Hm? There's videos of these days on YT. See it for yourself.

U again? And u claim yourself to be a hardcore pvp'er?

LoL, this is getting out of hand.. and no, I dont need ur *** response that this post is immature, ur whole survey and thw fact u call yourself hardcore pvper is

(Thay guy got 1vX and started a thread crying about stam sorc but played like my 5 year old brother I dont even have lol)
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    If Zeni was going to make any significant change to the game regarding PvP, I imagine they would finally start balancing the game seperately, at least partially. Getting rid of PvP would drive a lot of people away from the game completely (Yes, there are quite a lot of people that still do PvP). Meanwhile, simply balancing them seperately wouldn't drive any players away, unless they somehow screwed it up.

@Stovahkiin See, I can respect that post. I can respect your logic in that regards. And thus is a solid reasoning (in my opinion), of why PvP should remain. You deserve an agree from me, and I'm actually against PvP staying. All I ask is people be decent, and get their opinion across with logic and in a civilized manner. That's all.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Lag would disappear as I would quit
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify).
    I voted Other, simply put. I don't really talk to much of the PvErs in any video game. I don't hate them, but the threat of PvP in MMOs gets the blood pumping.

I'm not that much of a "community" guy, if this game was 100% solo-able PvE wise I'd be even happier with it, honestly I don't enjoy things like dungeons, they're a means to an end to me (gear, unfortunately) and I'm more about finding people to fight..

I like to fight in PvP, win or lose, I live for a good fight. I think the game not being seamless was one of the unwise decisions because instancing is lame.

I think gear walls are annoying, no reason I should be forced into someone elses style because at the end of the day who are they to me? I don't even know those people and they're not active in my personal life.

Really, I think this game caters to hard to PvErs and not hard enough to old schoolers who played Asherons Call, DAoC, Shadows Bane, UO, etc.
    Edited by TheBonesXXX on April 29, 2017 3:15PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No not at all. What they should do is simply have a different cp tree for pvp. It wouldn't even require many changes.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Torbschka wrote: »

LoL, this is getting out of hand.. and no, I dont need ur *** response that this post is immature, ur whole survey and thw fact u call yourself hardcore pvper is

(Thay guy got 1vX and started a thread crying about stam sorc but played like my 5 year old brother I dont even have lol)

Care to cite a source on that one? I know he's done VMOL, into that stuff, but PVPer? Nooot too sure about that.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Vapirko wrote: »
    No not at all. What they should do is simply have a different cp tree for pvp. It wouldn't even require many changes.

That'd be a pretty interesting change of things. I think that'd be a thing to look further into. Great suggestion.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Vapirko wrote: »

We been suggestin' that for ages. I'd love it.

Shame it's basicly not gonna happen.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes because PVP is to blame for absolutely everything bad about the game.

If somebody makes a quality game that is pure PVE some day, I'll be right there. Sick of quality games exploiting PVE players for our money while actually catering the game to the whiny nerf-happy PVP players.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

Care to cite a source on that one? I know he's done VMOL, into that stuff, but PVPer? Nooot too sure about that.

The guy can't even get his point across in a halfway decent sentence. Not even worth it, broski.

And believe it or not, I did indeed use to be heavily involved in PvP. I loved it. I mean I absolutely was hooked to it. My MagDK was my go-to character for PvP, and then my MagSorc soon after. Although, I admittedly didn't PvP nearly as much on my MagSorc. PvP to me back then was the greatest thing ESO had to offer by far. It was always a sight to see, witnessing literally waves of people just battling it out. You'd get an adrenaline rush from just watching, and not even being apart of it. It was that incredible. I kid you not. Or at least for me it was.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 29, 2017 3:19PM
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No... just no...
  • NecroEnzo
    NecroEnzo
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because:

With the 3 banners war being a significant event in the time period of the story, PvP SHOULD be a part of the game.

Also because I don't enjoy PvE as much as I enjoy PvP. A boss with RNG no-zone placement, and ever increasing numbers that are relatively the same being called "progression" is boring af to me.

If I want PvE, I'll play Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, or Daggerfall. They're better PvE games.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    No... just no...

And not a single explaination in sight for as to why. Go figure. Lol. But hey, to each's own.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No.... for me personally it's some of the best fun in the game!
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Very few things have been balanced solely because of PvP.

90% of the time the issue is more obvious in PvP as players can easily see both sides of the equation, that doesn't mean the issue is nonexistent in PvE. Then the mods/devs happily let PvP'ers take the blame because it keeps the focus off them. They can stay quiet and let the PvP vs PvE argument ensue instead of justifying themselves by saying "yes we nerfed this it was too good, sorry we took away your toys".

Honestly this thread (and the many like it) are juvenile in the extreme, we can all have nice things, just put on your thinking caps and be slightly intelligent about it.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify).
    I'm starting to notice that a lot of posters aren't really giving a solid reasoning as to why it should stay. A few people have given reasonable reasons why it should remain, and I can definitely agree with and or understand their logic. Others? Not so much.

Who are you to anyone else here?
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...

The guy can't even get his point across in a halfway decent sentence. Not even worth it, broski.

And believe it or not, I did indeed use to be heavily involved in PvP. I loved it. I mean I absolutely was hooked to it. My MagDK was my go-to character for PvP, and then my MagSorc soon after. Although, I admittedly didn't PvP nearly as much on my MagSorc. PvP to me back then was the greatest thing ESO had to offer by far. It was always a sight to see, witnessing literally waves of people just battling it out. You'd get an adrenaline rush from just watching, and not even being apart of it. It was that incredible. I kid you not. Or at least for me it was.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/333177/infinite-sustain-is-killing-eso/p1

@Doctordarkspawn

Here u can see our harcore pvper in action and crying in the forums, I mean, after seeing this again I understand why u want pvp out of the game.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No... just no...

And not a single explaination in sight for as to why. Go figure. Lol. But hey, to each's own.

You want a reason????

PvE is mind numbingly boring! Yay control stick memorization! Yay same sh over and over again! Yay right click for win! After years pve can be the most stale content ever.

Fine, make us spell it out
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I can't believe this is even up for discussion lol
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/333177/infinite-sustain-is-killing-eso/p1

@Doctordarkspawn

Here u can see our harcore pvper in action and crying in the forums, I mean, after seeing this again I understand why u want pvp out of the game.

@Torbschka Soooo you're going to completely disregard the fact that in the thread you linked how I mentioned that I hardly PvP'd anymore? Really...? Really though...? Even then, most people if they were on the forums long enough know that I stopped PvP'ing for the most a long time ago. With that thread showing a very rare occasion of me deciding to pop-in and see how things are. It even says in the thread.

But here. If you REALLY want to see the last time I stopped PvP'ing seriously, and lost hope in it? It was when this had occurred:

https://youtu.be/xCrlHvitmEw

That was when I finally stopped giving a damn about PvP, it's sub-community, and ZOS' attempts at trying to make it better. Even though they progressively made it worse and worse.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Just because I don't like something isn't a reason to get rid of PVP. A lot of other people do - why would I want to ruin their fun?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I am really not a friend of PvP in ESO - but I can see, that a whole lot of people are enjoying it and as long as it is not interfering with the original PvE oriented game content, why not let them have their fun as well. The only real issue I have with PvP in this game is, that there are not two separate skill and attribute sets - one for PvE and one for when one does PvP - this would solve so many issues people have with the mixed PvE/PvP game.
This discussion has been closed.