The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should PVP Be Removed From ESO?

• Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    I voted yes, because it would do away with a lot of things I feel are plaguing this game. I also feel that it would ease a lot of strain on the servers, and make the game perform a lot more smoother. Plus, devs wouldn't have to make 'balance' changes with how certain skills and what not would effect players. They can build around how things effect the content at hand, and not have to gimp players who want nothing to do with PvP.

i can't speak for performance, but an easier solution would be to just balance pvp and pve seperately

you know, like zos already does but pretends they don't
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    PvP is about as un-TES as you can get.

Case in point: TES: Arena
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I have never seen such a pointless thread. You came to a pvp forum section asking should pvp be removed. Can we get this closed ??
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Lord_MK wrote: »
    I have never seen such a pointless thread. You came to a pvp forum section asking should pvp be removed. Can we get this closed ??

It was in general a mod must have moved it
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on April 29, 2017 6:02PM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    PvP is about as un-TES as you can get.

Case in point: TES: Arena

PvP is, however, an integral part of many MMOs, and this just happens to be a TES MMO, so you get both.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I think they should remove pve entirely.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    Derra wrote: »
    I think they should remove pve entirely.

give-that-man-a-cookie_488687.jpg
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I've seen plenty of dumb polls on this forum but I think this one wins. Congrats!

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • linzion
    linzion
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    If I just want PVE I would play Elder Scroll Single player, morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, waiting forever for the next offline.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Im a passionate PVPer and PVEr, did vMol like 10 months ago, vMol HM like 7 months ago. In my free time I usually zerg Bosses with 12 people or smallscale my way through Cyrodiil and I vote to remove @Ch4mpTW from the forums to restore balance to ESO o:)
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    ITT: "Special" PVErs voting yes, because they still believe PVP is the reason why so many overperforming things in PVE got nerfed
  • Miruku
    Miruku
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    As a PVPer and Pver i find this completely ***.

Can we remove plebs from the forums aswell?
    Edited by Miruku on April 29, 2017 6:45PM
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say no, but the focus on balance in pvp should go out the window. TES is a pve game. Pvp should be in the game, but everyone should go into it knowing only certain classes will do well, because they are balancing solely around pve. It should have never been added to the game, there are more than enough better pvp games out there.

Keep it and give up on balancing around it, focus on pve, since that is what the series is build on.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    I would say no, but the focus on balance in pvp should go out the window. TES is a pve game. Pvp should be in the game, but everyone should go into it knowing only certain classes will do well, because they are balancing solely around pve. It should have never been added to the game, there are more than enough better pvp games out there.

Keep it and give up on balancing around it, focus on pve, since that is what the series is build on.

It's an mmo, the series is built on single player pve, you'd be better off saying they should just add co-op BUT this game isn't to be put in the same sentence as the actual series. Its more so considered its own thing rooted in TES lore but the feel is entirely different from any TES game. One could say since it's focused on the 3 alliance war and the invasion of Cyrodiil that it should only be a pvp game & pve should have never been added, it's also how they chose to advertise the game. Albeit since it's an mmo you experience not only lore revolving around pvp but lore that has to do with what's going on during that ERA (pve) as it should be.

What NEEDS to be done is stop balancing them both as one thing & separate the two, that's the most logical & reasonable approach to the situation. There's also more than enough pve games that delivers in a more satisfying way as well doesn't mean everyone should continue to play the same ten games or you should just focus on creating PVP games.

• GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    *Stupidity level 10 achievement unlocked
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...

No, they just need to learn how to
    balance it without ruining PvE
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on April 29, 2017 7:15PM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I voted yes, because it would do away with a lot of things I feel are plaguing this game. I also feel that it would ease a lot of strain on the servers, and make the game perform a lot more smoother. Plus, devs wouldn't have to make 'balance' changes with how certain skills and what not would effect players. They can build around how things effect the content at hand, and not have to gimp players who want nothing to do with PvP.

You're right, it would ease the strain on the servers, because I would never play ESO without PvP. I'd be gone. It'd probably make balancing easier too. But is that really the way to go about things? Take the easy way out?
    Edited by WhiteMage on April 29, 2017 7:33PM
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...

I feel like that mod must be trolling this stupid thread.
    Great work mod.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dumbest f****** poll ><
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Removing pve would better.
    95% of the pve content is trivial at best.
    And I am pretty sure there are more players participating in pvp on a daily basis than there are players participating in that non-trivial 5% of pve content.
    Hardly anyone would notice if zos removed trials all together.
    B)
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Remove PVE entirely and use the servers to improve PVP performance. All problems in the game fixed.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Torbschka wrote: »
    @Torbschka

There was also this:
    https://youtu.be/dzR9WGcyjp4

And this:
    https://youtu.be/oz0ymODBlD8

And of course this:
    https://youtu.be/EclrB5dzahs

There's even more videos that I have listed under private, ranging from doors failing to work, and other things as well.

Oh, and to shut people up about my StamDK in a 1vX situation:
    https://youtu.be/cmRZX1A20zw

I also have videos of me 1v4'ing with my StamDK, and other numerous videos as well that depict both me excelling in PvP in the past and the numerous issues that plague Cyrodiil. All I need do is take them off private, if you or someone else wishes to have a peak.

The fact alone u bring up those clips to show how great of a pvper u are is enough to dont take anything serious from u regarding pvp.

... Ugh. Why did I even bother. Out of all of that, that's what you focused on. Not the premise of WHY I posted it. -_- *Facepalm.*

What was the premise? To show us how you can "1vX" level 39 recruits who snipe into Reflective Scales and that terrorizing CP 90 Tyro?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...

They sure have some humor.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes, i have been building an ARK now for 20 years. I was told a flood was coming, this would certainly make the water levels rise due to all tears.

Im not taking two mosquitos though.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify).
    i bet a lot of the competitive dungeon and trials players are wishing this...

i imagine there are a lot of pve players whom have spent little to no time in cyrodiil or imperial ciry...

most of the pvp community really need to invest time in the alliances zones to gather gear, level characters and complete builds...

just listening a bit to rich talk - he kinda made it seem a majority of class balance is to create an environment of fairness for player versus player playing :p

no question some folks will leave the game, new folks will join the game, some folks won't really care becuase they're just waiting for their favorite game to update, a bunch of folks will barely notice anything new happened to the performance of their characters cuz they're buzzed down to their boots...and the beat goes on...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • MarkusP72
    MarkusP72
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    That are the Alliance War changes ATM for a major extension:
    - Keeps, Outposts and Resources now have a 5 minute cooldown for granting Alliance Points for capturing; you won’t receive AP for capturing it again until 5 minutes has passed.
    - Cyrodiil Town Banner icons now have a colored border representing which Alliance is influencing it.
    - The Alliance War section of the Activity Finder will no longer be restricted by the 15 minute cooldown you get after using the Dungeon Finder.

That's it. (I do not cite the bunch of useless stuff we can buy for APs now).

Lets face it: Alliance War is a dead horse. ZOS has no idea what to do with it and how to balance it. So kill it off. Turn Cyrodiil into a PVE zone, open the gates of Reapers March etc., fill it and the Imperial City and Sewers with quests and dailies and be done with it.
    Edited by MarkusP72 on April 30, 2017 12:17AM
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Battlegrounds.

If they did them right - and I hear good things - BG are going to be a good change. No more ludicrous numbers mismatches because your alliance has one "bar" and the others both have three. No more full CP troll builds - although they've kind of killed that optimism by introducing even trollier armor sets. PvPers getting accustomed to playing without their CP cushion. New rewards and reasons to PvP.

Most relevant to this discussion, if BG are popular it will force a shift in how ZOS looks at their "balancing." Keeping battlegrounds CP-free is the best decision they've made all year.

The problem has never been PvP, any more than it's the leets always on about trials this and trials that, or the guy who works to solo things that lay out teams of people. It's just easy when we're frustrated to throw it all on the Other Guy.

PvPers didn't make the CP system, and they didn't make it suck. They didn't nerf your class or gut mine. They're just players like you are, with exactly as much power over all of that as you have.

They have a right to their fun. (And PvP is fun.)
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No, I have spent years playing this game primarily for the large scale PvP. Why would anyone want to take away everything I worked for?
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Ulfgarde wrote: »
    What kind of question is this?

It was one of the most important and anticipated aspects of the game when it was released.

It's probably the only nonlinear and continuous endgame we have, so no.

Pretty much what he/she said.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify).
    Balance them separately on a separate mega server!

Add an option on login after you choose your toon to choose PVE or PVP!

While in the different game modes, your inventory/bank stuff remain seamlessly the same, however skills/CP/attributes are balanced differently. You are also able to have completely different skill/CP/attribute layouts for your character on each server.
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
This discussion has been closed.