The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should PVP Be Removed From ESO?

• Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Knock yourself out, grab a meme you like.

PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    No not at all. What they should do is simply have a different cp tree for pvp. It wouldn't even require many changes.

That'd be a pretty interesting change of things. I think that'd be a thing to look further into. Great suggestion.

Yeah people have been asking for this for a long time, it's not a new suggestion by any means. Why they won't implement it however, is anyone's guess.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny how people are out here acting like I hardly ever PvP'd, and yet I'm willing to bet most of the people making these comments weren't even around when Cold Fire siege effects were invisible. You'd get by that Cold Fire, and panic and chaos would follow immediately. Gotta love the forums sometimes. :D:joy:

You would lose that bet, since you still get hit by invisible siege.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because its the only reason I play the game.

I'm getting really tired of all these whiny pve-ers blaming every change on PvP.. Complaining about having to redo builds/farm gear every patch (lol, isn't that what pve is all about?).. And now wanting to totally get rid of the only game I play just because its gonna take them 5 more minutes to run a dungeon..

No! I say get rid of all trials and dungeons. Make PVP the ONLY endgame then we'll have a much nicer community and all of the whining will finally stop.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I voted yes, because it would do away with a lot of things I feel are plaguing this game. I also feel that it would ease a lot of strain on the servers, and make the game perform a lot more smoother. Plus, devs wouldn't have to make 'balance' changes with how certain skills and what not would effect players. They can build around how things effect the content at hand, and not have to gimp players who want nothing to do with PvP.

many people play just for pvp.
    many people play for just pve.
    if you get rid of pvp, you lose an entire player base that spend money on crowns.
    if you keep pvp you lose no player base other then the crybabies who threaten to leave if theyre precious cp gets tampered with.
    theyre not removing pvp
    Edited by Barbaran on April 30, 2017 8:02PM
  • ordraveeb17_ESO
    No, because...
    wtf?! i play ONLY PvP )))
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify).
    No, but the f need to do PVE to get best in slot gear for pvp needs to go.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Hell no. If i was stuck only doing pve, i would quit the game in an instant. Imagine if someone made a poll asking should pve removed from eso. I do not pve as much as others but my answer would be the same, hell no.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Again this?

oroborous
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    It is literally the only endgame content in ESO; not to mention the only dynamic content in the game. Stale PvE instance farming and stress testing dps dummies is not a legitimate endgame in 2017. Look at MMOs like DAoC that are old as sin - guess why people still play them today? The PvP was and is good. Look at the best and most recognized players in this game; they PvP a ton.

And don't gimme this bs about pvp balance ruining pve; runs both ways: with homestead a bunch of skills and textures got even buggier and dysfunctional in PvP so the PvE crowd could put more scented candles in their no-utility houses they love so much, for example.

Plus PvP fun as all hell.

Decent troll poll 7/10.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow zos removed my video of you getting 1vxd how salty of them. Anyway, that's the only reason you want pvp gone.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    PvP is the reason I bought this game.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    It's why the game had almost no PVE content on release, why much of the dev cycle is given to -making- PVE content. Know why it all changed?

No PvE content on release? 15 large PvE zones and 4 small ones vs 1 PvP zone which also had PvE content? And what have they ever added solely for PvP from release? Nothing except lag and loading screens. IC was fun but was not really PvP.
    Edited by Knootewoot on May 1, 2017 8:12AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes cos its a lagfested pile of crap
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Out of curiosity, do you feel that PVP should be removed entirely from ESO? If so, please explain why. I'd not, please explain why as well.

No, because you could just learn to play instead of making threads about how bad you are at PvP and backing that up with video proof and now finally expressing the desire to delete PvP as a whole.

You are probably one of the most toxic trolls on this forum and should better remove yourself from ESO.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    nice trolling
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I voted yes, because it would do away with a lot of things I feel are plaguing this game. I also feel that it would ease a lot of strain on the servers, and make the game perform a lot more smoother. Plus, devs wouldn't have to make 'balance' changes with how certain skills and what not would effect players. They can build around how things effect the content at hand, and not have to gimp players who want nothing to do with PvP.

Look guy. Pvp is a part of this game. Like it or not, this game would have done a lot worse with no pvp aspect. You dont want pvp? That's fine. Guess what? This game doesnt revolve around you! Nobody forcing you to. What you're attempting to do here is force your playstyle on everyone else so that you dont get affected. Personally I have no idea why people like you want to play online but not pvp. Online gaming is LITERALLY FOR pvp imo. Just go play skyrim and stop insisting that you need to be online and need to be involved when you cant even handle the most quintessential aspect of online gaming:pvp.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No. PvE as a whole is literal garbage in ESO. It's been 9 months since they have released a trial which only has THREE bosses. Killing multiple players every day is MUCH more fun than killing (I'll repeat it again) THREE BOSSES for 9 months over and over...when you have fully leveled golded out characters what do you do? Continue killing mobs while blindfolded since they simply fall over? Or test your might against other fully leveled characters that will try their hardest to kill you on the battlefield?

If I was ZOS I would have implemented open world PvP in overland a longgggg time ago since you know ESO lore is kind of based on multiple alliances at war with one another....so technically ZOS is breaking TF out of my immersion with all this pointless PvE "different alliance buddy buddy" gear grind. Plus...ITS BEEN 9 MONTHS OF US KILLING THE SAME 3 BOSSES OVER AND OVER with no rewards other than more pointless gear to help kill those SAME THREE BOSSES.

#endrant #getgood #PvPorGTFO
    Edited by Moglijuana on May 1, 2017 3:30PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No.. because....
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• randomguy
    randomguy
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    PVP is the only reason to play this game, pve is OK but its for nerds
    anything over a 4 man is a zerg, anything over a duo is sweaty. true pvp is erp and telling ahtu to shut up
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    ...I am a whale and I said so, and people who actually support the game have the biggest say. So there.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Because it's a core part of the game and offers something different.

It's rather short sighted if you think that the only way to balance the two separately is to remove it from the game.

I've already offered up one relatively simple way to do so in another thread - I'll happily reproduce here. (If requested)

While you have hard core's on both side, many enjoy both aspects of the game from time to time. You don't generally amputate when someone gets a thorns in their finger.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 1, 2017 6:17PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sensei_Brew
    Sensei_Brew
    ✭✭
    Other (please specify).
    What a joke
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    randomguy wrote: »
    PVP is the only reason to play this game, pve is OK but its for nerds

LOL his is the best thing I've read
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is some kind of nadir. I don't know which one yet, but we have definitely reached a new plane of whatever.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    The OP should be removed from ESO.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    It's nice to have many choices. I don't always PvP, but I do very much like to have the option. One of the guilds I'm in is a PvP focused guild and I have learned a lot from them.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because I don't have to play it if I don't like it.

But I would love more mixed PVP+ PVE content.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Other players are more fun to fight than the strongest mobs, because they are unpredictable, making every player and every situation very intense.

Remove PvP and you might as well turn it into a singleplayer game, because the only thing other players are good for then (to me) are end-game dungeons and trials and whatnot, but then I would be able to hire companions instead.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I choose no because it's one of the major game play system in the game, however the current balancing trends of PVP and PVE at the same time is something needs to be corrected. A separate balancing for PVE and PVP is must and loads of other changes ot make the experience better are scattered around with tons of PVP suggestion threads if ZOS ever desides to look into them and do something about it...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
This discussion has been closed.