The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

NA "All things True about True Flame"

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as trash-talking, perhaps I did not explain myself as clearly as I should. There is trash-talking and gamesmanship and then there is the hate-filled stuff that gets personal that is the root cause for so much unnecessary toxicity. The whole notion of a "hate tell" is hard to reconcile with sportsmanship. That's all. I will edit the earlier post to avoid confusion

To be clear, I am definitely not condoning personal threats or harassment. But in sports, you get in each other's faces, you taunt, you goad. There are bumps, shoves, pushes, glares, etc.. Intimidation is gameplay. While online gaming lacks the physical side, there is a psychological game that isn't nice. I don't practice it, aside from some silly emotes, but I get it.

As far as PVP forums go, this one is *extremely* mild.

I understand that you're okay with poor server performance when an emp is down to one or two keeps during prime time, but perhaps you can understand why others might be a bit surly about it? I mean, yeah, we can go do something else, but to me that's akin to giving up which is, generally, an outcome worse than dealing with poor playing conditions. I would prefer to grind through it and get the job done, surly or not.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that we're all on the same page about how taunting each other is a fun part of the game, but before that there should be a basis of mutual respect and good sportsmanship.

That said, if any of you Blue or Red scum go anywhere near Vlastarus, I will feast upon your entrails while you lie on the floor screaming, and then do a maniacal dance under the full moon with bits of your small intestines flopping wildly between my teeth.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TerrorTAW wrote: »
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Lately our groups have been larger than I would like. Yes we are on TF and groups are typically large and stacked, but what I have noticed the last few nights that I have played is that AD is short on leaders or perhaps coordination. Especially in our play time.

I "believe" most people are testing out the PTS with battlegrounds, new sets, warden skills, Theory crafting the next patch etc. It's typical when new releases come out Cyro dies down for awhile then will pick up in a few weeks. The first few weeks in June Cryo will be dead when all of the new updates are released.

stuartx13 wrote: »
    IM Sure SG Destroye your dk at ash as a welcome.

SG (ShadowGrabber PugGuild) has improved from being 100% zone pug wrangler group but they have a lot of growing to do as a guild.

NACtron wrote: »
    TF needs more decent sized 16-24 man EP and AD groups right now period. There is a plethora of large DC guilds out there running during primetime and beyond. Hopefully DK can encourage more AD guilds to lead in TF.

TF PrimeTime status

For the most part DC guilds try and avoid stacking with each other. One of the main reasons is that the DC guilds really just dislike each other. BoD and SG pretty much hate each other. DC still has animosity towards VE when we re-rolled AD to help balance out TF. AK has less of the drama than the other guilds as they took a long break and have recently come back.

To sum up DC, I would say, BoD and AK are the core of DC. VE is the strength of DC. SG try's to rally all the DC players to wherever they are going.

DC
    Vehemence (VE)___________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(12-24)
    Blood of Daggerfall (BoD)__Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-16)
    Arcadian knights (AK)______Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-16)
    ShadowGrabber (SG)_______Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(12-24)

Iron Legion________________MIA
    KHOLE____________________Has come back with the new campaign but seems they are mostly running during the day?

AD does have Ruin Gaming, the problem is they stack all their raids in the same spot. They have the potential to have 3 16-24 man raids running. Ruin Gaming doesn't have established players or a core of players that stand out so it's harder to recognize them.

To sum up AD, I would say, Dk & DD are the core of AD, Fantasia is the Strength of AD and Ruin Gaming is the faction rally group.

AD
    Ruin Gaming_________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(24-48)
    Fantasia ____________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-24)
    Dominion Knights____________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(16-24)
    Dominant Dominion__________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-24)

Staxus enough said. J/K

With EP it's a little different. PR and SoTP are a lot like the old Slywolf Pact. They like to hit keeps that aren't defended and would rather defend a keep than attack one that has a defense. PM is a lot like this as well but they will attack a keep once they have rallied enough zone EP to tag along.

To sum up EP, I would say, the core of EP is Pact Militia & Invictus. The Strength of EP is Haxus. The faction rally is also Pact Militia.

EP
    Pact Militia____________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(16-36)
    Haxus_________________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(10-16)
    Invictus_______________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(10-16)
    Phoenix Rising_________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)16-24)
    Spectres of the Phoenix(SotP)__Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-12)
    War Battalion__________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)

TL:DR
    To sum up DC, I would say, BoD & AK are the core of DC. VE is the strength of DC. SG try's to rally all the DC players to wherever they are going.

To sum up AD, I would say, Dk & DD are the core of AD, Fantasia is the Strength of AD and Ruin Gaming is the faction rally group.

To sum up EP, I would say, the core of EP is Pact Militia & Invictus. The Strength of EP is Haxus. The faction rally is also Pact Militia.

Some of the most if not best competitive guilds can be found during other prime times. Oceanic and Japanese guilds have a huge impact on the campaign regardless of what American players think (they tend to think they are the only ones that matter - newsflash, they don't). The server just happens to be in the NA but its a 24/7 game and server so there are several prime times and the NA prime time is just one of several.

The Kelly Gang (8-16)
    Wormhole (16-24)
    Vivace (8-16)
    Queens RAM (16-24)
    ... and more

No offense but having played against the Oceanic guilds quite a few times I can't say that I've ever been impressed by their play. Granted I'll have a ping advantage every time, but most fights generally aren't close.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    As far as trash-talking, perhaps I did not explain myself as clearly as I should. There is trash-talking and gamesmanship and then there is the hate-filled stuff that gets personal that is the root cause for so much unnecessary toxicity. The whole notion of a "hate tell" is hard to reconcile with sportsmanship. That's all. I will edit the earlier post to avoid confusion

To be clear, I am definitely not condoning personal threats or harassment. But in sports, you get in each other's faces, you taunt, you goad. There are bumps, shoves, pushes, glares, etc.. Intimidation is gameplay. While online gaming lacks the physical side, there is a psychological game that isn't nice. I don't practice it, aside from some silly emotes, but I get it.

As far as PVP forums go, this one is *extremely* mild.

I understand that you're okay with poor server performance when an emp is down to one or two keeps during prime time, but perhaps you can understand why others might be a bit surly about it? I mean, yeah, we can go do something else, but to me that's akin to giving up which is, generally, an outcome worse than dealing with poor playing conditions. I would prefer to grind through it and get the job done, surly or not.

Yep I get it. I don't think perspectives are terribly different since we're all dealing with the same situation, sticking it out. I just happen to take accentuate the positives and try not to allow the server performance or just the nature that is ESO open world PvP to frustrate me.

See you out there!
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day. Another three hours of purple plucking.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    rawr
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    OK so if we are talking about this on all sides why all the attackes on SG tin chat or whispers by DC AD EP why so much hate.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I dont know what's so hard to understand that if I log in to PvP multiple times during a week that I generally enjoy the experience.

As for strong emp groups, well that's fine by me. <snip>

That's not the point. The point is server performance. Even when the group I'm playing with has emp and we're excited about the AP and the dozens of opponents melting around us, we're also a bit sad because we're playing a slide show, sometimes we can't swap bars and we're dealing with a variety of server performance issues like crashes. At the end of the day, we all want decent gameplay which is impossible when the server is stressed.

So I don't mind a formidable emp group as an opponent. But I do mind server performance being far worse than usual for the entirety of prime time.

That's why I asked if you were joking. In general, a strong emp group means a very very meh playing experience for most players except those directly benefiting from the emp run -- like those at BRK. I'm sure most AD and DC were not enjoying the experience as much, nor were the EP who weren't at BRK.

As you were at BRK, I'm not surprised it was great fun for you, which is why I truly wondered if your post was wry.

I wish ZOS would change the depose requirements to address this.

As PVP evolved over the years and especially on competitive campaigns. The depose process has always, in most cases, meant that the strongest side looses everything. The tactic of pressuring the last keep while taking all of there home keeps and scrolls means they are weaker. Even if they choose to stack their entire faction in one place. The issue we always seem to have is deciding who's going to get what. This always reminds me of that time right after WW2 when the Allies began fighting over Germany.

If a particular faction is taking advantage of off peak times to crown emp the other two factions should always cooperate to remove that power from them as quickly as possible. Its pretty simple actually. It just takes some unspoken ideas from the leaders of the factions.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I dont know what's so hard to understand that if I log in to PvP multiple times during a week that I generally enjoy the experience.

As for strong emp groups, well that's fine by me. <snip>

That's not the point. The point is server performance. Even when the group I'm playing with has emp and we're excited about the AP and the dozens of opponents melting around us, we're also a bit sad because we're playing a slide show, sometimes we can't swap bars and we're dealing with a variety of server performance issues like crashes. At the end of the day, we all want decent gameplay which is impossible when the server is stressed.

So I don't mind a formidable emp group as an opponent. But I do mind server performance being far worse than usual for the entirety of prime time.

That's why I asked if you were joking. In general, a strong emp group means a very very meh playing experience for most players except those directly benefiting from the emp run -- like those at BRK. I'm sure most AD and DC were not enjoying the experience as much, nor were the EP who weren't at BRK.

As you were at BRK, I'm not surprised it was great fun for you, which is why I truly wondered if your post was wry.

I wish ZOS would change the depose requirements to address this.

As PVP evolved over the years and especially on competitive campaigns. The depose process has always, in most cases, meant that the strongest side looses everything. The tactic of pressuring the last keep while taking all of there home keeps and scrolls means they are weaker. Even if they choose to stack their entire faction in one place. The issue we always seem to have is deciding who's going to get what. This always reminds me of that time right after WW2 when the Allies began fighting over Germany.

If a particular faction is taking advantage of off peak times to crown emp the other two factions should always cooperate to remove that power from them as quickly as possible. Its pretty simple actually. It just takes some unspoken ideas from the leaders of the factions.

In my opinion, the idea that 2nd and 3rd place teams should work together to relentlessly pressure the 1st place team (and the will to do this) is the core reason our December and January campaigns were so competitive and awesome. I think that policy has broken down again.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »
    Lately our groups have been larger than I would like. Yes we are on TF and groups are typically large and stacked, but what I have noticed the last few nights that I have played is that AD is short on leaders or perhaps coordination. Especially in our play time.

I "believe" most people are testing out the PTS with battlegrounds, new sets, warden skills, Theory crafting the next patch etc. It's typical when new releases come out Cyro dies down for awhile then will pick up in a few weeks. The first few weeks in June Cryo will be dead when all of the new updates are released.

SG (ShadowGrabber PugGuild) has improved from being 100% zone pug wrangler group but they have a lot of growing to do as a guild.

TF needs more decent sized 16-24 man EP and AD groups right now period. There is a plethora of large DC guilds out there running during primetime and beyond. Hopefully DK can encourage more AD guilds to lead in TF.

TF PrimeTime status

For the most part DC guilds try and avoid stacking with each other. One of the main reasons is that the DC guilds really just dislike each other. BoD and SG pretty much hate each other. DC still has animosity towards VE when we re-rolled AD to help balance out TF. AK has less of the drama than the other guilds as they took a long break and have recently come back.

To sum up DC, I would say, BoD and AK are the core of DC. VE is the strength of DC. SG try's to rally all the DC players to wherever they are going.

DC

KHOLE____________________Has come back with the new campaign but seems they are mostly running during the day?

AD does have Ruin Gaming, the problem is they stack all their raids in the same spot. They have the potential to have 3 16-24 man raids running. Ruin Gaming doesn't have established players or a core of players that stand out so it's harder to recognize them.

AD

Staxus enough said. J/K

With EP it's a little different. PR and SoTP are a lot like the old Slywolf Pact. They like to hit keeps that aren't defended and would rather defend a keep than attack one that has a defense. PM is a lot like this as well but they will attack a keep once they have rallied enough zone EP to tag along.

EP

To sum up DC, I would say, BoD & AK are the core of DC. VE is the strength of DC. SG try's to rally all the DC players to wherever they are going.

Some of the most if not best competitive guilds can be found during other prime times. Oceanic and Japanese guilds have a huge impact on the campaign regardless of what American players think (they tend to think they are the only ones that matter - newsflash, they don't). The server just happens to be in the NA but its a 24/7 game and server so there are several prime times and the NA prime time is just one of several.

The Kelly Gang (8-16)
    Wormhole (16-24)
    Vivace (8-16)
    Queens RAM (16-24)
    ... and more

No offense but having played against the Oceanic guilds quite a few times I can't say that I've ever been impressed by their play. Granted I'll have a ping advantage every time, but most fights generally aren't close.

Competition drives quality. If the competition during the Oceanic time is as intense as it is during "primetime" then I would assume that they are as high of quality as the primetime guilds. The question is, is there that same level of competiton between the oceanic guilds? Idk.
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• TerrorTAW
    TerrorTAW
    ✭✭

TF PrimeTime status

DC

AD

Staxus enough said. J/K

EP

The Kelly Gang (8-16)
    Wormhole (16-24)
    Vivace (8-16)
    Queens RAM (16-24)
    ... and more

No offense but we weren't impressed with your performance either.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The oceanic crews seem to play a different game. I don't think it's a matter of player skill, just seem to be set up for different opponents. They're definitely not set up to run into the heavy destro train you find at prime time, but if that's not what they tend to encounter than it makes sense.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TF PrimeTime status

DC

AD

Staxus enough said. J/K

EP

The Kelly Gang (8-16)
    Wormhole (16-24)
    Vivace (8-16)
    Queens RAM (16-24)
    ... and more

Funny considering you don't know me.

The oceanic guilds mentioned simply just don't match up with the top NA primetime guilds.

• Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any of you oceanic guilds feel unappreciated by DC or EP, then The Dominion would very much welcome you. <3
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

TF PrimeTime status

DC

AD

Staxus enough said. J/K

EP

The Kelly Gang (8-16)
    Wormhole (16-24)
    Vivace (8-16)
    Queens RAM (16-24)
    ... and more

The oceanic guilds mentioned simply just don't match up with the top NA primetime guilds.

There was a time I played with one of the best NA prime time guilds. And I don't wanna talk down to them. Because the leader and players were really good. But if you think that all the Oceanic guilds mentioned don't match up, then you are sorely mistaken. And I don't need to know you. I just know your statement is wrong.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any of you oceanic guilds feel unappreciated by DC or EP, then The Dominion would very much welcome you. <3

You guys already stole RAM awhile back and we haven't won a campaign since then. I think you're good ;)
    Pact Militia GM

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

TF PrimeTime status

DC

AD

Staxus enough said. J/K

EP

The Kelly Gang (8-16)
    Wormhole (16-24)
    Vivace (8-16)
    Queens RAM (16-24)
    ... and more

There was a time I played with one of the best NA prime time guilds. And I don't wanna talk down to them. Because the leader and players were really good. But if you think that all the Oceanic guilds mentioned don't match up, then you are sorely mistaken. And I don't need to know you. I just know your statement is wrong.

It's nice that was so long ago. Last time I came across a TKG raid I farmed them, and they're the best of the ones mentioned.

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

TF PrimeTime status

DC

AD

Staxus enough said. J/K

EP

The Kelly Gang (8-16)
    Wormhole (16-24)
    Vivace (8-16)
    Queens RAM (16-24)
    ... and more

It's nice that was so long ago. Last time I came across a TKG raid I farmed them, and they're the best of the ones mentioned.

Lol. I doubt that. Silly goose.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TKG is the only Oceanic crew I know with a decent core, set up and lead. If there are others of similar caliber I know them not.

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    TKG is the only Oceanic crew I know with a decent core, set up and lead. If there are others of similar caliber I know them not.

Other than Venatus when they run TKG is easily the best that I've seen. And they're not horrible... but I can't wipe a VE, haxus, invictus, k-hole group repeatedly over and over leaving one or two alive every time to res so we can do it again.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC loves EP emps.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other than Venatus when they run TKG is easily the best that I've seen. And they're not horrible... but I can't wipe a VE, haxus, invictus, k-hole group repeatedly over and over leaving one or two alive every time to res so we can do it again.

It's funny cause I've never heard of you. And though I think highly of the groups you mentioned, I cannot think of any other group that might be challenging. At least not one that would encounter an Oceanic crew. You'd think I'd remember. If you claim to be all that. But nope. Never heard of you.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's funny cause I've never heard of you. And though I think highly of the groups you mentioned, I cannot think of any other group that might be challenging. At least not one that would encounter an Oceanic crew. You'd think I'd remember. If you claim to be all that. But nope. Never heard of you.

I highly doubt the original user of that account and it's current user are one and the same.

Since we're talking Oceanic crews, who do you run with? I can't rly connect your forum handle to anyone atm, damn phone browsers.

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I highly doubt the original user of that account and it's current user are one and the same.

Since we're talking Oceanic crews, who do you run with? I can't rly connect your forum handle to anyone atm, damn phone browsers.

Sent you a pm
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NACtron if I finish leveling my EP, can I have an invite to PM?

And my own rank called DC Spai?

And raid 3 to go "soloing" with?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should have received an auto invite to PM the second you created your EP toon. I recommend you check your social settings.
    Edited by NACtron on May 6, 2017 2:13AM
    Pact Militia GM

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should have received an auto invite to PM the second you created your EP toon. I recommend check your social settings.

I just tested and it seems to be working perfectly still. Received my invite as usual. @NightbladeMechanics Did you accidentally decline? Or it could be under your notifications still if you forgot to check.

• Flake
    Flake
    ✭✭✭
    I concur.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should have received an auto invite to PM the second you created your EP toon. I recommend you check your social settings.

Lol, what... hang on. EP has some sort of automatic PM guild invite thing going? You may have to explain that one a little more detail!
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

Lol, what... hang on. EP has some sort of automatic PM guild invite thing going? You may have to explain that one a little more detail!

Explain a joke and ruin it?