The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NA "All things True about True Flame"

Anazasi
Anazasi
✭✭✭✭✭
So Monday night was our first real raid night back on True Flame. I have to say it was nice to be back. The fights well are definitely more large scale in that numbers are always 24+. I'm not complaining because I think that is exactly what ZOS intended. We saw some old faces and some new ones and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. I wanted to thank all the players that welcomed us back to TF last night, it is good to be home. As many of you all know resource management is critical or at least will be by June and none of the changes are as dramatic as the twitch players are leading on about. From what I have seen several of the key elements of meta's are changing for the better. Yeah things will be tough no doubt at first especially if you are not prepared. But overall the world is not coming to an end and PVP will continue as it always has. Please enjoy the videos, I hear Meteor Monday is back.

You Tube link

• Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    So Monday night was our first real raid night back on True Flame. I have to say it was nice to be back. The fights well are definitely more large scale in that numbers are always 24+. I'm not complaining because I think that is exactly what ZOS intended. We saw some old faces and some new ones and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. I wanted to thank all the players that welcomed us back to TF last night, it is good to be home. As many of you all know resource management is critical or at least will be by June and none of the changes are as dramatic as the twitch players are leading on about. From what I have seen several of the key elements of meta's are changing for the better. Yeah things will be tough no doubt at first especially if you are not prepared. But overall the world is not coming to an end and PVP will continue as it always has. Please enjoy the videos, I hear Meteor Monday is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XkbGvBqyyc&t=620s

Taran if your going to meteor bomb a group put a little drama into it, Here is a meteor shower!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YZavWIutQY
    Edited by Crispen_Longbow on April 25, 2017 4:59PM
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol ive seen that. It's extremely inspiring. You know we were just out having fun and Arcadian Knights just well you know fell into it. It was good to laugh again.
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol ive seen that. It's extremely inspiring. You know we were just out having fun and Arcadian Knights just well you know fell into it. It was good to laugh again.

Lol yeah always fun to have you guys back. We felt sorry for AK and BoD in those videos.
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a lot of fun and you can let those guys know they pushed us really well. it could have gone either way at any moment. This is the kind of play we all want. where the fights are solid pivotal and uncertain. There are a lot of veteran guilds and players out there on all sides and each of them are part of our community. I hope we all continue to simply have fun without the drama.
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    Look for SG on the field,then the battle will be on.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back TF! Been spending most of our time up north as of late. Looking forward to DK providing good reasons to come down south :)
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• Texas
    Texas
    ✭✭✭
    Great job on the meteor dump...reminds me a lot of this...........

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tKWa4Ky1h-Q[/url]
    Vehemence Mindless Zergling
    All Classes and All Factions
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another eotf guild. Welcome back.
  • Dominionknights
    Godspeed wrote: »

I didn't make the meta but since the rest of the world wants to run it, well who am I to argue? I will say this though in my groups we don't run 100% storm meta. We are closer to 50% on that comp.
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    IM Sure SG Destroye your dk at ash as a welcome.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Godspeed wrote: »

I didn't make the meta but since the rest of the world wants to run it, well who am I to argue? I will say this though in my groups we don't run 100% storm meta. We are closer to 50% on that comp.

50% in a 24m = 100% of a 12m group comp just saying you can't claim to be 'avoiding the meta by only running 50%'

nothing wrong with any group builds imo ppl shouldn't complain about any ability in game provided it isn't an exploit (which after such time it has been proved not to be) such as crouch block stam recovery or hist item swap exploits etc

Looking forward to meeting you guys in the field
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on April 27, 2017 10:08AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stuartx13 wrote: »

I'm not sure, I don't lead groups on Wednesday nights. No group ever wins every fight though. I enjoy the challenge regardless of win or loose. You can tell when you are fighting a Dominion Knights group though, we all have the guild tag showing. If you are bold enough to show your colors as a guild group so players know what guild group you are, you should; so get those tabards on so we can tell who it is we are fighting.

Don't ever assume, I or we are claiming to be the best guild group out there. We are not. What we are though is a group that loves PVP and fun; win or loose. What you can expect is 110% effort from us as I am sure you will provide the same. When its done you won't get t-bagged, or sent hate tells. We utilize the meta or any current meta that works within the boundaries (rules) of ESO in honorable group fights. That's not to say no one else does, it just confirms for the community that we do.

Lately our groups have been larger than I would like. Yes we are on TF and groups are typically large and stacked, but what I have noticed the last few nights that I have played is that AD is short on leaders or perhaps coordination. Especially in our play time. I have players that have been in Dominion Knights for months as regulars, but I'm also getting players wanting in group from Dominant Dominion. This is not a bad thing as I have been a member of DD for years and literally support the leadership there regardless. I would love it though if DD could get more group leaders in DK's time slot. I do not like large groups they are hard to manage in that they tend to be slower less maneuverable and so on. This does not mean that I would refuse any member a spot simply because this is our entertainment. My ideal group size is 16, but what can you do when you are expected to lead?

I will say this for everyone on TF. No matter what faction you are in or play for, I love our community, our players, and our game. I would not do what I do (lead) if I didn't. We all have something positive to contribute to game and group alike and in many cases simply logging in demonstrates that. The main thing I want everyone to walk away with from this post is win or loose we are here to have fun.

• Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Anazasi
    Server not found on the link to youtube video.
    Any other way to see it?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crispen did a 31 k destro bomb on me while eating pizza 2 nights ago. Moral of the story... don't stand on the flag. Good game... good night. Then after we killed him we we prayed at his body while power lifter came in with a impressive destro bomb of his own. That's a one two punch I will miss when morrowind drops.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TF needs more decent sized 16-24 man EP and AD groups right now period. There is a plethora of large DC guilds out there running during primtime and beyond. Hopefully DK can encorage more AD guilds to lead in TF.
    Pact Militia GM

• fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    were the clips edited to remove the zerg behind you guys you stacked with all night? lol you find the nearest ad swarm and cling to them like life depended on it
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure, I don't lead groups on Wednesday nights. No group ever wins every fight though. I enjoy the challenge regardless of win or loose. You can tell when you are fighting a Dominion Knights group though, we all have the guild tag showing. If you are bold enough to show your colors as a guild group so players know what guild group you are, you should; so get those tabards on so we can tell who it is we are fighting.

Don't ever assume, I or we are claiming to be the best guild group out there. We are not. What we are though is a group that loves PVP and fun; win or loose. What you can expect is 110% effort from us as I am sure you will provide the same. When its done you won't get t-bagged, or sent hate tells. We utilize the meta or any current meta that works within the boundaries (rules) of ESO in honorable group fights. That's not to say no one else does, it just confirms for the community that we do.

Lately our groups have been larger than I would like. Yes we are on TF and groups are typically large and stacked, but what I have noticed the last few nights that I have played is that AD is short on leaders or perhaps coordination. Especially in our play time. I have players that have been in Dominion Knights for months as regulars, but I'm also getting players wanting in group from Dominant Dominion. This is not a bad thing as I have been a member of DD for years and literally support the leadership there regardless. I would love it though if DD could get more group leaders in DK's time slot. I do not like large groups they are hard to manage in that they tend to be slower less maneuverable and so on. This does not mean that I would refuse any member a spot simply because this is our entertainment. My ideal group size is 16, but what can you do when you are expected to lead?

I will say this for everyone on TF. No matter what faction you are in or play for, I love our community, our players, and our game. I would not do what I do (lead) if I didn't. We all have something positive to contribute to game and group alike and in many cases simply logging in demonstrates that. The main thing I want everyone to walk away with from this post is win or loose we are here to have fun.

Really glad DK is back Ta'ran and you have a great attitude - your statement about leaders is mostly true - AD has many great guilds and It seems 2-4 leaders in each. Obviously these leaders have lives and don't run everyday so there are gaps in the schedule. Because of this, there's a ton of crossover with individuals being members of multiple guilds to help them find a home in one guild group when the others are not running. It's fairly uncommon to see more than 3 of these guilds running at once, except maybe Friday and Saturday nights.

I love the diversity of AD guilds with informal alliances between them. Obviously it's great when there are many small to medium guild groups running around and coordinating with eachother, but it's also great when one guild leader is willing to take on extra players when there are not other guild groups running.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately our groups have been larger than I would like. Yes we are on TF and groups are typically large and stacked, but what I have noticed the last few nights that I have played is that AD is short on leaders or perhaps coordination. Especially in our play time.

I "believe" most people are testing out the PTS with battlegrounds, new sets, warden skills, Theory crafting the next patch etc. It's typical when new releases come out Cyro dies down for awhile then will pick up in a few weeks. The first few weeks in June Cryo will be dead when all of the new updates are released.

SG (ShadowGrabber PugGuild) has improved from being 100% zone pug wrangler group but they have a lot of growing to do as a guild.

NACtron wrote: »
    TF needs more decent sized 16-24 man EP and AD groups right now period. There is a plethora of large DC guilds out there running during primetime and beyond. Hopefully DK can encourage more AD guilds to lead in TF.

TF PrimeTime status

For the most part DC guilds try and avoid stacking with each other. One of the main reasons is that the DC guilds really just dislike each other. BoD and SG pretty much hate each other. DC still has animosity towards VE when we re-rolled AD to help balance out TF. AK has less of the drama than the other guilds as they took a long break and have recently come back.

To sum up DC, I would say, BoD and AK are the core of DC. VE is the strength of DC. SG try's to rally all the DC players to wherever they are going.

DC
    Vehemence (VE)___________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(12-24)
    Blood of Daggerfall (BoD)__Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-16)
    Arcadian knights (AK)______Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-16)
    ShadowGrabber (SG)_______Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(12-24)

Iron Legion________________MIA
    KHOLE____________________Has come back with the new campaign but seems they are mostly running during the day?

AD does have Ruin Gaming, the problem is they stack all their raids in the same spot. They have the potential to have 3 16-24 man raids running. Ruin Gaming doesn't have established players or a core of players that stand out so it's harder to recognize them.

To sum up AD, I would say, Dk & DD are the core of AD, Fantasia is the Strength of AD and Ruin Gaming is the faction rally group.

AD
    Ruin Gaming_________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(24-48)
    Fantasia ____________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-24)
    Dominion Knights____________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(16-24)
    Dominant Dominion__________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-24)

Staxus enough said. J/K

With EP it's a little different. PR and SoTP are a lot like the old Slywolf Pact. They like to hit keeps that aren't defended and would rather defend a keep than attack one that has a defense. PM is a lot like this as well but they will attack a keep once they have rallied enough zone EP to tag along.

To sum up EP, I would say, the core of EP is Pact Militia & Invictus. The Strength of EP is Haxus. The faction rally is also Pact Militia.

EP
    Pact Militia____________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(16-36)
    Haxus_________________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(10-16)
    Invictus_______________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(10-16)
    Phoenix Rising_________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)16-24)
    Spectres of the Phoenix(SotP)__Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)(8-12)
    War Battalion__________________Prime Time (5 PM EST - 1 AM EST)

TL:DR
    To sum up DC, I would say, BoD & AK are the core of DC. VE is the strength of DC. SG try's to rally all the DC players to wherever they are going.

To sum up AD, I would say, Dk & DD are the core of AD, Fantasia is the Strength of AD and Ruin Gaming is the faction rally group.

To sum up EP, I would say, the core of EP is Pact Militia & Invictus. The Strength of EP is Haxus. The faction rally is also Pact Militia.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately our groups have been larger than I would like. Yes we are on TF and groups are typically large and stacked, but what I have noticed the last few nights that I have played is that AD is short on leaders or perhaps coordination. Especially in our play time.

I "believe" most people are testing out the PTS with battlegrounds, new sets, warden skills, Theory crafting the next patch etc. It's typical when new releases come out Cyro dies down for awhile then will pick up in a few weeks. The first few weeks in June Cryo will be dead when all of the new updates are released.

SG (ShadowGrabber PugGuild) has improved from being 100% zone pug wrangler group but they have a lot of growing to do as a guild.

TF needs more decent sized 16-24 man EP and AD groups right now period. There is a plethora of large DC guilds out there running during primetime and beyond. Hopefully DK can encourage more AD guilds to lead in TF.

TF PrimeTime status

For the most part DC guilds try and avoid stacking with each other. One of the main reasons is that the DC guilds really just dislike each other. BoD and SG pretty much hate each other. DC still has animosity towards VE when we re-rolled AD to help balance out TF. AK has less of the drama than the other guilds as they took a long break and have recently come back.

To sum up DC, I would say, BoD and AK are the core of DC. VE is the strength of DC. SG try's to rally all the DC players to wherever they are going.

DC

KHOLE____________________Has come back with the new campaign but seems they are mostly running during the day?

AD does have Ruin Gaming, the problem is they stack all their raids in the same spot. They have the potential to have 3 16-24 man raids running. Ruin Gaming doesn't have established players or a core of players that stand out so it's harder to recognize them.

AD

Staxus enough said. J/K

With EP it's a little different. PR and SoTP are a lot like the old Slywolf Pact. They like to hit keeps that aren't defended and would rather defend a keep than attack one that has a defense. PM is a lot like this as well but they will attack a keep once they have rallied enough zone EP to tag along.

EP

To sum up DC, I would say, BoD & AK are the core of DC. VE is the strength of DC. SG try's to rally all the DC players to wherever they are going.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

I would like to point out something however. If you notice out of the three ep guilds you listed under the core/strength category only one runs more than 12-16. The strength and core guilds of both DC and AD are at least open to running up to 24 players. EP also does not have any guild actively gathering the pugs like Pug Guild or Ruin Gaming.

There is only one other ep guild that runs more than 12-16 and that is PR. But they only run 2-3 times a week. Most DC/AD guilds listed run 4-7 nights a week.

It works for me cause it means Pact Militia can always find a good fight with plenty of large guilds roaming about. It sucks for the EP faction as a whole though.
    Pact Militia GM

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TF PrimeTime status

DC

AD

Staxus enough said. J/K

EP

Ahem?

This one even has their own Tsundere stalker now. Certainly this warrants more attention for he who is most bad at this game.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

Ahem?

This one even has their own Tsundere stalker now. Certainly this warrants more attention for he who is most bad at this game.

This was primetime. CoH runs more during the day.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahem?

This was primetime. CoH runs more during the day.

Oh, right. Well then Telel will permit this lack of ego stroking this time.

But if you should ever forget then you will get such a comment from a humble khajiit that even your grandkids shall read it. And possibly a sternly worded letter asking you not to be so forgetful in the future.
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1o2f8y.jpg
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    were the clips edited to remove the zerg behind you guys you stacked with all night? lol you find the nearest ad swarm and cling to them like life depended on it

I didn't cut out other groups. I try and show the fights. You can see the numbers we are running and that's about all I can do. Lets not drag any of this into the gutter, This is True Flame. If you don't run deep you just don't run.
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will notice that any negative comments against DK here are from EP - and thats because they got their ass's handed to them by DK.
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't cut out other groups. I try and show the fights. You can see the numbers we are running and that's about all I can do. Lets not drag any of this into the gutter, This is True Flame. If you don't run deep you just don't run.

Plenty of groups have been able to currently and, moreso in the past, play with 12 or less players and be significant players on the map.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »

Plenty of groups have been able to currently and, moreso in the past, play with 12 or less players and be significant players on the map.

I'm curious as to who. If by effective you mean "can PvDoor a keep or farm a resource/gate", sure. But I don't know of a single group that size that pushes the map on their own or is even interested in doing so. Mostly because at a certain point you're bumping up against content you're group simply isn't made for. Brute forcing a defended keep is not the job for 12 people. I've even watched some of the better EP guilds crown a morning emp and run around with 16ish farming their hearts out, but struggle to actually take a defended keep without serious faction backup.

I know when I'm running light (10-12ish), in terms of map play I'm pretty much confined to defending, or taking an I defended keep and then defending that. Which is why groups that size tend to roll around looking for farms and fights instead of pushing map objectives.
    Edited by Satiar on April 28, 2017 6:58PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin, I'm not going to disagree with you because there certainly are several groups that size running effectively. Let me tell a story. The Grand Army of Virginia was massive, slow at times, and chased repeatedly by the Army of the Potomac. Lee utilized his Calvary in such a way that it acted as both the eyes of the Army and the brute force where needed. If we take this concept and look at ESO we find this. (just an example so no one get mad or upset.) EP likes to ball up, we know this and they are not any different than AD or DC. Haxus, a guild that I have repeatedly complimented and admired, likes to surf inside that ball. Haxus is acting like a small Calvary group inside a larger army. We see this all the time and many players simply cry out faction stacking as if its a bad thing to play the objectives on the map. It is not at all. It's a very strong group meta and we see it all the time.

Just as Crispen identified each guild group in an early post we can see how this all plays out. Small groups that are good like VE, Haxus, Fantasia, are all playing to the strengths of there group comp. Everyone else is playing to the strengths of there groups as well and we all should be happy, holding hands, and passing around that flask; because this is an awesome game that gives us the opportunity to play as you like.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

I'm curious as to who. If by effective you mean "can PvDoor a keep or farm a resource/gate", sure. But I don't know of a single group that size that pushes the map on their own or is even interested in doing so. Mostly because at a certain point you're bumping up against content you're group simply isn't made for. Brute forcing a defended keep is not the job for 12 people. I've even watched some of the better EP guilds crown a morning emp and run around with 16ish farming their hearts out, but struggle to actually take a defended keep without serious faction backup.

I know when I'm running light (10-12ish), in terms of map play I'm pretty much confined to defending, or taking an I defended keep and then defending that. Which is why groups that size tend to roll around looking for farms and fights instead of pushing map objectives.

This one must repeat an earlier word.

"Ahem?"

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

This one must repeat an earlier word.

"Ahem?"

To which I must reply:

"Eh?"
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost