The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.1

• Arrchangell
    Arrchangell
    ✭✭✭
    How about making siphoning closer like on live, nerf the skill but not like this, that heal ain't gonna help anyone, even the stamina nb's.
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I like new changes to orbs and shards but...does that not making tank with higher magicka then stamina little problematic ?

Right - there is a reason we have shards versus orbs... so that we can control what resource we decide to give you. While this change is certainly better than when it gave the player whatever they had the least of at the time, it still removes our control of the situation and reduces the ability of players to come up with interesting new builds that bend what is expected (i.e. magic based tanks).
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no Cyrodil?
  • Mutey
    Mutey
    ✭✭
    9999 Poison Damage and stunning any enemy hit for 5 seconds and can proc every 5 sec? Is this a typo?

I just found my new armor set, for all my characters. >:)

Indeed. Why bother making a sensible build when you can just proc set to victory?

Edit: fixed typo
    Edited by Mutey on April 28, 2017 12:03AM
  • Epoxid
    Epoxid
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno which parts, if any, are included in and or lifted from the NDA?

The class changes from the base game are not under NDA.

Also, everyone, please remember this is only the start of our second week on the PTS. There are still adjustments to be made in the coming patches.

I hope so
    ESO-Teriker
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    Found the culprit killing templars.

dc1b66cbe135e5e47bc4e54939419119.jpg

Ganked, she wrote
    HAHAHAHA i knew they wouldn't listen. Once it goes to PTS, it's over. That's how it ships. RIP nightblade and templar.
    Or using any Set in the game that doesn't offer Sustain (i.e. Seducer's, etc.).

I mean, seriously; what would be the point of running any other Set in the game if you aren't using the 5x bonus from a sustain Set?

These changes are still outstandingly atrocious...

Defiler, Leviathan, divines trait, thief mundus, and that nightblade morph that gives you constant critical chance when slotted and any skillt hat slotted will give weapon damage constantly along with yellow crafted runes for weapon damage on jewelry with pen traits on weapons or the weapon damage trait. window the game out of the way and light attack everything while you paya ttention to things more stimulating. If i do decide to pick up morrowind and take a hefty risk with it(not happy at all that you can't decide the battlefield mode, I was ONLY interested in CTF which combined with the fact morrowind games seem to stick true to having monotonous combat those are hefty strikes against the game for myself already) I will play with the sets and buffs I mentioned and that way only. And if combat still feels too slow I'll pass it onto someone else that can deal with going from fun, fast, exciting combat to a monotonous sleep-inducing bore.
    Edited by necronomniconb14_ESO on April 24, 2017 6:37PM
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, everyone, please remember this is only the start of our second week on the PTS. There are still adjustments to be made in the coming patches.

Can we expect the other patches to be a bit bulkier in terms of addressing the large issues many people are discussing? Even if it isn't a "fix", can we at least get some back and forth discussion with the devs? A lot of us feel like we're talking to a wall at this point.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    - No nerfs for sorcs
    - Syphoning attacks is still absolute garbage
    - Nothing regarding magdk, we can just delete the class at this point
    - NOTHING REGARDING VMA, like wow
    - Warden still p2w
    - Sustain nerfs still make 80% of the sets in this game useless now as we have to use sustain sets and maybe a proc set.

Amazing patch, I'll be back next week. No point in touching ESO until the next pts notes come out.

It's amazing. It's almost as if Morrowind is out next week and not in June.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say that... But I don't have high hopes for the team. There's not going to be a game that's an ESO killer, because you guys are doing a fine job of that since the start of the performance issues from way back when. Now you add sustain problems? GL HF with that.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png
    Warden
    • Animal Companions
      • Savage Beast: This passive ability now generates Ultimate when you cast an Animal Companion ability, instead of when you deal damage with an Animal Companion ability.
        Developer Comments:
        This change will make generating Ultimate from this passive more reliable for Wardens, as it can now proc off non-damaging Animal Companion abilities such as Betty Netch and Falcon’s Swiftness.

I Like that.
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    ahahahahah now even nbs are more tanky than dks LOL
  • Miruku
    Miruku
    ✭✭✭
    The Lover

Tenacity: Fixed an issue where this Champion passive’s bonus to Heavy Attack restore values was slightly lower than intended.

This sounds fishy to me, like your making up an excuse to buff heavy attacking and support it. :D

sssssh derpy :(
  • Norakai
    Norakai
    ✭✭✭
    So, as my tank has more Magicka then Stamina i will have no synergy to restore Stamina anymore ? I can see the point of this change, but that will be a problem for sure....
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9999 Poison Damage and stunning any enemy hit for 5 seconds and can proc every 5 sec? Is this a typo?

Revenge of the Office Cat >:) But I agree, this is... so OP...
    I seriously would like to know why they added those research scrolls... Like it really is a stab in the back to us master Crafters

Nah, it will be most beneficial to Master Crafters anyway - it will probably cost a wad of vouchers, and won't really make a big difference because of the cooldown.
    Edited by Streega on April 24, 2017 6:50PM
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but feel the simpler solution to Orbs and Shards would have been to just have a morph for each.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the interest of transparency, people like @RinaldoGandolphi and I said all they had to do was remove CP from PvP and give back the resources lost from the raw points placed (via battle spirit) and balance poisons/proc sets. This way pve wouldn't need such a drastic balance change.

I know that sucks for any CP PvP jockeys, but thanks for steamy pile of changes in the name of "progression". Like trying to upgrade a lawnmower to compete in a NASCAR race...
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... Magicka characters in PvP just mustn't be allowed to gain stamina from shards, huh? -.-
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I like new changes to orbs and shards but...does that not making tank with higher magicka then stamina little problematic ?
    If by problematic, you mean impossible, then yes.

Wtf?

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    I have already figured out the solution to the shards/orbs problem of nog being able to restore other than one type of resource..
    Step 1: Gear up so you have roughly the same amount of magicka and stamina..
    Step 2: Drink food with 5k magicka bonus, cast orbs/shards
    Step 3: Drink food with 5k stamina bonus cast orbs/shards.

:dizzy:
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »

?

Ask all the top raid guilds: We're all still using DK tanks because they funnily enough are still the best.
  • Arcturius
    Arcturius
    ✭✭

Please revive my Templar Main and mDK as viable classes. These are literally the first 2 chars I made and have constantly played. Either that, or a quick death, I can't take this limbo!
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Spear Shards: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restores Magicka or Stamina based on whichever has the highest maximum, instead of whichever has the largest missing percentage.
        • Known Issue: Luminous Shard’s resource return for the casting Templar is still restoring resources based on the largest missing percent. This will be fixed in future PTS patch.

What would be great is if the casting Templar or whoever had two morphs to choose from: one for stamina, one for magicka. So we all know exactly what we're getting and can control it ourselves. I know, pretty revolutionary, but that would be even better than this, and I have faith you could make it happen.

Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... Magicka characters in PvP just mustn't be allowed to gain stamina from shards, huh? -.-
    Pretty much this. In favor of PvE uniqeness of Shards for PvP ruined.
    Solution - leave Shards to restore wasted resource, so it will be usefull in PvP, there is no point to use it in PvE anyway with changes to Orb.
  • ydesjardins200
    ydesjardins200
    Soul Shriven
    I was hoping to sustain changes and VMA token or modification to loot table. Please answer the calllllll !
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Answer: Buy Morrowind + 1 Slot (lol) + Warden. They call it balance. I call it force to buy.
  • Machete
    Machete
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see DK's still aren't getting changed... @ZOS_BrianWheeler If we're gonna keep Templar and DK the same can we at least nerf proc sets so my medium armor build has a fighting chance?

[*]Tremorscale: Reduced the duration of the snare applied by this Item Set to 4 seconds from 8 seconds.

This is a step in the right direction (Especially since the snare was sooooo broken), but it can still be combined with Viper's irresistible 6k damage. A penny for your thoughts anyway, medium armor and light armor would be so much fun to play again on my Stam DK. *IF* the punishment wasn't being susceptible to 1 shots from anyone stacking proc sets. Which is a lot of people, because it's the easiest way to win. Any other points of input would be awesome as well from other Templar mains and DK main.

Lemon-Party

Monarch Wintervine, Stamina DK, AD
    Eiress Wintervine, Stamina Warden, AD
    Aelireed Auntumnvine, Stamina Necromancer, AD
    Sierena Hlaalu, Stamina Templar, AD
    Blou Springwillow, Stamina Sorc, AD
    Taliana Silverthorn, Stamina NB, AD
    Monarch Wíntervine, Stamina DK, EP
    Lily Hlaalu, Stamina NB, EP
    Tankito Fondlini, DK Tank, EP
    Evaii Spellborn, Magicka DK, AD
    Thellion Evaire, Magicka Warden, AD
    Weylenn Aenwee, Magicka Templar, AD
    Valianna Syn, Magicka Sorc, AD
    Aranyus Highren, Magicka NB, AD
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremorscale: Reduced the duration of the snare applied by this Item Set to 4 seconds from 8 seconds.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoiler
    Reducing the duration of the snare from this Item Set to match its cooldown means it will be more difficult to maintain 100% uptime on any given target and gives that target more counterplay to avoiding being locked down by it.

Ok that's cool.

Defiler (Medium)

(2) Weapon Damage
    (3) Weapon Critical(4) Weapon Critical
    (5) When you deal Critical Damage, you have an 8% chance to summon a Hunger that spews poison to all enemies in front of it, dealing 9999 Poison Damage and stunning any enemy hit for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

HAHAHAHA WTF Gina tell them to stop using illegal substances

That guy just nerfed a set because the uptime was ridiculous and they release a set that can perma stun users without stamina? HAHAHAHA why is no one triggered this set is gonna be META and is gonna ruin PvP even more.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously if you want a resource you stack it to be maxed out per Zos... These shards and orbs changes are broken completely. I get trying to lower infinite self sustain, but group play and coordinating skills (1 guy runs shards and 1 runs orbs for instance) should be encouraged and not punished. This makes no sense to me.
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Spear Shards: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restores Magicka or Stamina based on whichever has the highest maximum, instead of whichever has the largest missing percentage.
        • Known Issue: Luminous Shard’s resource return for the casting Templar is still restoring resources based on the largest missing percent. This will be fixed in future PTS patch.
        Developer Comments:
        Based on initial PTS feedback, we’ve changed the Magicka or Stamina this synergy gives you (as well as the Necrotic Orb synergy) to always restore the resource you have the highest maximum of so that it’s more consistent and reliable for your build type.

Well, it's something at least.

Now the synergy won't likely be entirely useless.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »

?

Ask all the top raid guilds: We're all still using DK tanks because they funnily enough are still the best.

Do either of you even play NB tanks?

NB sustain has always been better than DK sustain. DK utility has always been better than NB utility.

I'm not done testing so I won't blindly make claims as to who will be better at sustaining come Morrowind. I suspect DKs will be on top in this department, however, considering that Leeching Strikes takes a quarter of its uptime to pay for itself before having any impact on effective recovery.

Mitigation is a universal formula. Neither is tankier than the other; both can be equally tanky. It pretty much comes down to whether or not you want your tank to chain, or your DK dps to do it.

Will there be any form of actual discussion from the Devs on these changes, like how you want people to accommodate the changes, or where you're planning to go with them? As Gilliam mentioned earlier, it's like talking to a wall. When you say there are more adjustments to be made, I begin to worry as to whether it will be just another nerf or two, or a whole truckload more that you just haven't dropped on us yet.
    Edited by Autolycus on April 24, 2017 6:52PM