Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The hard truth why 'everyone' is so upset with the Patch Notes...

Shadow_Viper_vX
Shadow_Viper_vX
✭✭✭✭✭
They're about to lose their easy-mode.

It'll be fine, Learn to Play

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rolling a warden will still enable easy mode.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be like it was originally in the upper VR levels and the first "Vet" dungeons back in the day.
    Options
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't I think of that? I am glad you pointed it out. Thanx bro!
    Options
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a good thread
    Buff Soft Caps
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why shouldn't it be easy mode if you've invested the time and effort to acquire the skills/points/items?
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for Sorcs.

Sorcs are still the favored son.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd, I though it was because the game was about to get harder.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game is actually going to be more enjoyable and eventful.
    PC EU
    Options
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

The game will still be incredibly easy if your talking about questing. One skill can usually one shot or two shot most enemies in that content.

If people thought it was hard to complete group content before, that will be where the problems will be. People who run with skilled groups will likely adapt. It's the casual players who won't be. The problem with that is I believe most of their income comes from casuals according to ZOS. They say hardcore players don't exist anymore.
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing daily for three years which is what I have done the game should be easy mode. I don't play the game to heavy and light attack and spend 2 hours in dungeons with four people on content I can solo at this very moment. I have several thousand hours in this game. I do not own a house I have never done a writ. I do not rp. I play to progress my 12 characters not to heavy and light attack content.
    Edited by DHale on April 19, 2017 6:06PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every major update causes a fury - but once it drops everyone adapts and moves on. Its human nature to resist change and this is what your seeing here.
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

Right on the money.

Word from some PTS players is that things are a little over-nerfed, but not nearly as much as some people are making it out to be. People will need to adjust and change their play-styles, and maybe accept that some numbers are just outright going to be lower. I expect that at least a few of the changes will be dialed back at least a little while the developers try and find a good medium.

That said, good luck and remain a voice of reason.
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, everyone is upset that nearly every "outside the box" build is being destroyed in one blow.

For a game that has been marketed based on freedom of choice, they sure are intent on forcing everyone into the fewest number of cookie cutter builds possible.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

The game will still be incredibly easy if your talking about questing. One skill can usually one shot or two shot most enemies in that content.

If people thought it was hard to complete group content before, that will be where the problems will be. People who run with skilled groups will likely adapt. It's the casual players who won't be. The problem with that is I believe most of their income comes from casuals according to ZOS. They say hardcore players don't exist anymore.

The casual players will keep spamming light bow attacks or Wrecking blows like they already do. Not sure they will even notice any changes.

I assume those are the people you mean when you say "casuals", since you just assume that people who aren't hardcore can't think for themselves.

I can assure you, as a casual player (not the Wrecking Blow spam kind), that we casuals will be just fine. I don't need to run vet trials to know how to adapt to changes in the game. I will continue to run vet dungeon pledges and jump into PvP just as I always have. If the game becomes more challenging, GOOD! Challenge = fun. Easy mode = boring.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

You never run out of resources overland except if you solo world bosses. so no effect on overland content.

Next fits my estimates too.
    I assume OP never pug and just play with his raiding guild
    Else he are in for an learning experience, grouping with casuals hopefully have adjusted gear.

However this will not affect the light attack brigade,
    the snipers will switch to light attacks then out of stamina
    Its always somebody who win :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    After playing daily for three years which is what I have done the game should be easy mode. I don't play the game to heavy and light attack and spend 2 hours in dungeons with four people on content I can solo at this very moment. I have several thousand hours in this game. I do not own a house I have never done a writ. I do not rp. I play to progress my 12 characters not to heavy and light attack content.

Translation: I did my best to break the game and now that ZOS has attempted to reign me in from doing group content solo ... waaaaaaaaaa!

Also ... I have ignored other truly important facets of the game like crafting.
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • Rivan12
    Rivan12
    ✭✭✭
    Warden will be flavor of the month for a while, all classes have been and most will be again...it will pass...its a MMO.

They want to sell copies of Morrowind which comes with the Warden so they are making the class shiney and we love shineys. It's a marketing strategy and ANYWAYS most of the ardent ESO players are going to buy Morrowind...I am not getting a pay to win vibe. I am getting an Expansion Vibe.

It's going to be a GAME CHANGING EXPANSION. I mean what did everyone expect, sameness from an actual expansion?
    "Pssst, I know who you are... Hail Sithis"
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    I am in major disagreement with original poster.
    Options
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No easy mode? Lol Templars have been reduced to dust by not having any unique buffs anymore, how it is no easy mode if you have no other advantage against others? Lets take the sorc streak and dark deal and give that other class and tell them no more easy mode for you "L2P n00b".
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who-moved-my-cheese-21-728.jpg?cb=1190323485

i remember working for this large company that was going through some changes - we had just recently acquired another company, and, we're getting reading to consolidate the two and re-locate to a new facility...lot's of changes...

they had us watch this short film entitled: who moved my cheese?...it was based off a "self-help" business type book titled the same...

extra thought - just cause you never asked for the first - boy, some of y'all love being feisty :o
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember when everyone thought 6 second shields would be the death of Magicka Sorcs and it turned out to be a desperately needed change? I remember, and am grateful for the needed nerf in the long run. I had to Learn to Play :smiley:
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »

Translation: I did my best to break the game and now that ZOS has attempted to reign me in from doing group content solo ... waaaaaaaaaa!

Also ... I have ignored other truly important facets of the game like crafting.

I am a nine trait crafter on seven characters so I am not seeing relevance.

Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    why shouldn't it be easy mode if you've invested the time and effort to acquire the skills/points/items?

Thats what everyone seems to be missing. At the heart of this is that players spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in this game earning that "easy mode" as people try to paint it. Its not even easy mode as more managable mode. These others are trying to paint anyone thats played at the game for an extended period of time as children....including gamers that have mastered the hardest content in the game....According to these geniuses that cant even come close to what the elites are doing. Its the top tier players that need an "easy mode"..

[Edit to remove insulting content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 19, 2017 9:42PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

i remember working for this large company that was going through some changes - we had just recently acquired another company, and, we're getting reading to consolidate the two and re-locate to a new facility...lot's of changes...

they had us watch this short film entitled: who moved my cheese?...it was based off a "self-help" business type book titled the same...

extra thought - just cause you never asked for the first - boy, some of y'all love being feisty :o

Except mergers are terrible in the real world. If you're the company being bought out, you can expect no less than half of your coworkers being laid off or replaced. It's actually happening to me right now, has been for the last year or so.

So yes, a corporate buyout / merger is very similar in concept to what's happening with these proposed PTS changes. Some people are happy with it, some are miserable, and some are just playing the waiting game. But as someone who's had 3-5 people leave the office every month for the last 6 months or so, I can tell you that not everyone will be getting their cheese at the end...
    Options
  • lauykanson
    lauykanson
    ✭✭✭
    You are so right OP I just could not agree more. Just deleted my unleveled DK toons and working on my new magsorc now gotta get him set up before morrwind launches otherwise i'll be too busy levelling warden as well
    Options
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats what everyone seems to be missing. At the heart of this is that players spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in this game earning that "easy mode" as people try to paint it. Its not even easy mode as more managable mode. These others are trying to paint anyone thats played at the game for an extended period of time as children....including gamers that have mastered the hardest content in the game....According to these geniuses that cant even come close to what the elites are doing. Its the top tier players that need an "easy mode"..

This. And a few others have posted 10's of times in each complaint thread posted today. The fact that they feel like they need to be so protective of the Almighty ZoS should tell you how much ZoS is boning this patch.

[Edit to remove insulting content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 19, 2017 9:43PM

XBox NA
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except mergers are terrible in the real world. If you're the company being bought out, you can expect no less than half of your coworkers being laid off or replaced. It's actually happening to me right now, has been for the last year or so.

we were the company buying out the other company - i worked in inventory control at the time, we had to go into the other folks' warehouse to go count everything...they were very cool - but, heartbreaking to work with folks whom knew they would be eventually let go, even though they had themselves done everything right and had been with the company for numerous years...

wishing you the best in a very tough situation @Crafts_Many_Boxes ...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • masterbroodub17_ESO

Then they should have no problem adjusting then, should they?

They will still be the best of the best, because their player skill doesn't magically disappear.

Your point is moot. Meta players have to change gear, builds, champ points, everything whenever there's a new patch. Guess what? Same ***.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 19, 2017 9:43PM
    Options