Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The hard truth why 'everyone' is so upset with the Patch Notes...

• Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    No, everyone is upset that nearly every "outside the box" build is being destroyed in one blow.

For a game that has been marketed based on freedom of choice, they sure are intent on forcing everyone into the fewest number of cookie cutter builds possible.

Completely untrue...

I've looked at the patch notes and I dont foresee my Magicka Templar suffering much at all, and I garantee you that I dont run a cookie cutter build...

Are you serious? Can you elaborate for me please, as I have a MagPlar myself. And all I see are nerfs combined with nerfs that were previously distributed beforehand. I wish I would bring a MagPlar in a trial next update. Lmao. That'd be like bringing up in a stamina build to a trial, but maybe even worse.

Well, let me 1st say that I am built for PvP and not PvE...

With that said, I currently run Chudan x2, Combat Physician x5, and Vampire Lord x5 and it performs very well for me (the other bar is for healing and is largely the same, except its Vampire Lord x4 due to having a Resto Staff)...

Like I said, nowhere near a cookie cutter build...

Oh... Oh okay... Yeeeeah. . . Well this is awkward. I suppose that uh... —you've elaborated enough, and I thank you for doing so. All is well, I guess. >_>
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 20, 2017 5:54AM
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, everyone is upset that nearly every "outside the box" build is being destroyed in one blow.

For a game that has been marketed based on freedom of choice, they sure are intent on forcing everyone into the fewest number of cookie cutter builds possible.

Completely untrue...

I've looked at the patch notes and I dont foresee my Magicka Templar suffering much at all, and I garantee you that I dont run a cookie cutter build...

Are you serious? Can you elaborate for me please, as I have a MagPlar myself. And all I see are nerfs combined with nerfs that were previously distributed beforehand. I wish I would bring a MagPlar in a trial next update. Lmao. That'd be like bringing up in a stamina build to a trial, but maybe even worse.

With that said, I currently run Chudan x2, Combat Physician x5, and Vampire Lord x5 and it performs very well for me (the other bar is for healing and is largely the same, except its Vampire Lord x4 due to having a Resto Staff)...

Oh... Oh okay... Yeeeeah. . . Well this is awkward. I suppose that uh... —you've elaborated enough, and I thank you for doing so. All is well, I guess. >_>

Yeah, thats typically the response I get when peeps ask about my build; its highly unusual...

None of those gear sets are highly regarded, but I assure you, that they blend together nicely and have some nice synergies...

The build definitely has some venom to it with the right loadout...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely untrue...

Yeah, thats typically the response I get when peeps ask about my build; its highly unusual...

None of those gear sets are highly regarded, but I assure you, that they blend together nicely and have some nice synergies...

I think it has more to due with Champ talking about Trials in PVE.
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »

Completely untrue...

I think it has more to due with Champ talking about Trials in PVE.

Bingo.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot on OP.

People moan on one hand that the only content left for them are the 4 trials because everything is so easy, this will make things harder this more content is viable. But now panic sets in,

Thing they need to realise is the best will still be the best, things will just be harder which is a good thing.

It's like everyone thinks they the only one effected, but the sustain is across the board (those that say Sorcs aren't affected haven't played one, Warring / active defence costs resource) templars moan healing is harder well that's going to impact everyone, its the DPS that will die.

Change is a good thing, and at least this is across the board. Good job ZOS.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Spot on OP.

People moan on one hand that the only content left for them are the 4 trials because everything is so easy, this will make things harder this more content is viable. But now panic sets in,

Thing they need to realise is the best will still be the best, things will just be harder which is a good thing.

It's like everyone thinks they the only one effected, but the sustain is across the board (those that say Sorcs aren't affected haven't played one, Warring / active defence costs resource) templars moan healing is harder well that's going to impact everyone, its the DPS that will die.

I think you're forgetting that dungeons were nerfed repeatedly. It wasn't player power that made them easy, it was the cycle of nerfs.

Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're about to lose their easy-mode.

It'll be fine, Learn to Play

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

You spend cash on a car. Real, valid, real life cash. You drive it for few years and go to annual service. The dudes in service removes your seat and replaces it with a wooden pike. Also, wheel is removed and steering is regulated by strange mechanism someone on meth designed. Windows are painted black with a spray can, and for some reason unknown, there are no door on passenger seat. And then, OP comes and says " It'll be fine, Learn to Drive, Adapt and overcome, stop freaking out". Sorry, m8, I payed for a functional compact vehicle, not a 3 legged experimental meth designed conceptual "art", save your "pls no rage"bs for another customer.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Except for Sorcs.

Sorcs are still the favored son.

They are? So when ZOS kept nerfing MagSorcs back after back, we were the favored son? When they literally nerfed our class defining skill of bolt escape so damn hard, that it's actually broken and doesn't work properly anymore... Is that their form of showing Sorcerers love? When they had us PetSorcs as the base of jokes for MONTHS, and only recently decided to make pet builds able to chill with the meta crowd... Was that ZOS showing their appreciation for Sorcerers? When they clipped our main shield stacking in order to please the PvP crowd, and didn't even once look back... That showed that we are ESO's favorite class?

No. Not at all. Sorcerers have been hit time and time again, and over goofy reasons. The only class that has been nerfed as hard are DK's, and ZOS turned around and outdid themselves by literally gutting Templars. Making Templars now the class that received the harshest nerfs to date, although they didn't receive as many nerfs as Sorcerers and Dragonknights over time. What's different is that rather than keep killing them over time, they just went ahead and nuked Templars damn near 2 patches. The Morrowind patch being the hyper combo finisher. Lol.

Looks like you may have a problem with templars. Yeah templar dps can annoy a lot of people, especially me because i don't play Templar to have high dps numbers like most groups expect.

ANYWAY My concern isn't for ye olde op paladin of yore.

My main concern is for my poor nightblade babies who have always been the runt of the litter. I noticed you didn't mention them in your anti temp rant. When have nightblades been on top? Must have been before my time.

...(Taking away major mending from Templar healers is a little petty though.)
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

Awfully arrogant for someone who has been playing since march
    Options
  • ralvdlindenpeb18_ESO
    I just hate it that evry time i am making a build they make new patches and then my build is broken thats my main reason why i stop playing eso evry month
    Options
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh. I play a Nightblade tank. I'm not a sap tank, either. I've run nearly the same build since about two weeks after launch when I rerolled from Sorcerer tank. I honestly don't think anything will change me. I don't care if Nightblades get nerfed as long as the game feels balanced afterward. So the meta is going to change? So what? If I can still smoke dungeons like nothing and have a decent time in PvP then I'm fine. I really don't understand the people that have eight characters fully prepared so they can swap around whenever the meta changes. What's the appeal of always playing flavour of the month?
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
    Options
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how a lot of people seem to be assuming that the Warden is going to be over-powered
    Options
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    why shouldn't it be easy mode if you've invested the time and effort to acquire the skills/points/items?

@Mojmir Easy mode was enabled the second you had a few champion points and a templar slave to handle sustain for you
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

Written like a gamer.

That's not to say it's not fair to comment on changes we may not like, but the sky is not falling. There's a lot about every patch I dislike. I've been salty about nerfs. But the forum activism, rage, etc have gone too far.

When playing MMOs, players can get too caught up in the abstracts -- gear, dps, achievements, loot, etc -- to the point of ignoring good gameplay. When this happens, the game becomes a rat simulator as players focus only on scoring cheese as quickly as possible.

Personally, I despise ezmode. When content becomes too easy, it's painful for me to play it. I'm glad ZOS is taking steps to address it. The game has resource management for a reason. It should be relevant.
    Options
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calm down Meg!
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

You spend cash on a car. Real, valid, real life cash. You drive it for few years and go to annual service. The dudes in service removes your seat and replaces it with a wooden pike. Also, wheel is removed and steering is regulated by strange mechanism someone on meth designed. Windows are painted black with a spray can, and for some reason unknown, there are no door on passenger seat. And then, OP comes and says " It'll be fine, Learn to Drive, Adapt and overcome, stop freaking out". Sorry, m8, I payed for a functional compact vehicle, not a 3 legged experimental meth designed conceptual "art", save your "pls no rage"bs for another customer.

Actually you leased the car with the agreement that they could change it whenever and however they want - just like every other similar dealership has their contracts setup.

That is what you paid for, what you agreed to likely more than once now and you have been thru a great many adjustments and changes over your period of lease renewals (unless you are brand new) and my bet is now and again some of those changes you have liked or benefits from.

So please dont pretend this is about anything you own being changed without your consent - its just about whether or not you like it when changes go the other way.

When you agreed to let the delivery guy pick your meal, that means sometimes you get veggies not always ice cream and if you agreed to clean your plate - better fork that steamed cauliflower fast before the butter pecan melts.

If you want to spend money on a game where you never have to face unwelcome changes - i suggest you look into the world of tabletop RPGs. there as Gm you can make the rules up yourself and alter them at will and ignore any official rules up[dates that don't suit your tastes. As long as you can find players that agree to play that is.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why shouldn't it be easy mode if you've invested the time and effort to acquire the skills/points/items?
    DHale wrote: »
    After playing daily for three years which is what I have done the game should be easy mode.

Why should it?
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    DHale wrote: »
    After playing daily for three years which is what I have done the game should be easy mode.

Why should it?

well from my point of view the game should have varying degrees of difficulty content and so after you know what you are doing, some of it should be ezmode, some more challenging and on and on until you can have at least some content - not necessarily a lot - that even with time and practice its still tough enough that not everyone can beat it flawlessly every time.

i personally think they have made good strides in this arena with the addition and separation of normal-vet-nard mode for most of the competitive (ie scored) pve stuff. Can always be improved.

All of which has little to do with the fact that the game will evolve and be changed and revised frequently and so "what i did and how i did it|" yesterday will be changed from time to time and some of the "best way to do this" today wont be the same "best way to do this" tomorrow.

that is one of the best parts of a living breathing MMO in my opinion.

if this game were exactly the same as it was at launch just with a few bugs fixed... i doubt i would still be playing.

not because the design was better then or is better now but because it would be rather boring to be doing the same thing the same way after three years.

Then again if it were me, traits and lotsa mechanics would be more externally focused - "best" varies highly by adversary and threat - so there was no "best way to do this" that applied in say more than 1/6 the challenges so that no "one meta" or so could be dominant.

balance to me is best achieved by having "everything be good/best somewhere and nothing be good/best everywhere" and having you adjust significantly as threats change. Instead we have a fairly internally focused build system where your choices are more about "which of the pathways to get to ABC score do i use" and then you take your ABC score against most everything you face.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    Translation: I think I'm an omniscient God who can see everyone's thoughts and motives, and I THINK the reason people are upset is because they will lose their ez mode.

Explanation of Translation: Op doesn't know what he's talking about, and is projecting his own thoughts and feelings onto others.

You're welcome.

Edited by Velvelya on April 23, 2017 2:18AM
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mojmir Easy mode was enabled the second you had a few champion points and a templar slave to handle sustain for you

Not true,I have a second acct with no cps on purpose. I play all classes besides sorc,which is/was/will still be easy mode.its easy mode for me because I learned how to play,read up on tips,put my time in and made it that way for myself. For zos to punish the players because they implemented the cp system and then pull the rug is absurd.
    Edited by Mojmir on April 23, 2017 2:24AM
    Options
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, vSO magicka detonation will be *** easy to handle!
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
    Options
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velvelya wrote: »
    Translation: I think I'm an omniscient God who can see everyone's thoughts and motives, and I THINK the reason people are upset is because they will lose their ez mode.

Explanation of Translation: Op doesn't know what he's talking about, and is projecting his own thoughts and feelings onto others.

You're welcome.

I love irony!! Thank you!! :-D
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Spot on OP.

I think you're forgetting that dungeons were nerfed repeatedly. It wasn't player power that made them easy, it was the cycle of nerfs.
    They was?
    Returning after almost two years so really don't know.
    As we has gotten so many new dungeons it makes sense that they are scaled in difficulty. Fungal and wayrest up to ICP.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Visigoth
    Visigoth
    ✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    Rolling a warden will still enable easy mode.

This^ sort of. They are making a place for Wardens with the changes they are making to Templar&Dragonknight... I'm not a fan of this shortcut. don't nerf existing Class synergy just so your new class is more appealing... that's a slap in the face to long time loyal players who love those classes. No more Major mending... BoL now a cone heal... Repentance lost all it's group regen... T_T [this along with the changes to resource management, is really going to up the bar for Vet Dungeons] (I'm getting all my Dungeon Drop grinding out of the way before Morrowind drops. you think PUGs are hit or miss now, just wait)
    Edited by Visigoth on April 24, 2017 10:49AM
    Options
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa!!
    Options
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    I love irony!! Thank you!! :-D

It might have been Irony if I were ASSUMING that was your reasoning behind this thread, but its not an assumption. You actually think you know the "Real" reason everyone is upset.

Options
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

Wrong. They are upset because they are nerfing all classes.... EXCEPT Warden. And Warden is hidden behind a paywall.

Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

Give us a few examples of your adaptation please.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RT_Frank wrote: »

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Freaking Out

Oh, I guess I forgot about the part in the patch notes where they also nerfed sorcs hard...

Not afraid of losing easy mode .In fact the only things that I think really need to be reverted is the cost reduction and the orbs/shards,and maybe repent.I'm not a templar btw.
    Options
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get a life then try again saying that.
    Edited by Frenkthevile on April 24, 2017 3:10PM
    Options